View Poll Results: How many genders do you think there are?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll

43 76.79%

4 7.14%
  • 4+

9 16.07%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many genders are there?

There are apparently 58 genders.

Nevermind. There are a lot.
    //include <iostream>
    usingnamespace std;

Int main([])
    /*{
    Int, x; y
    cout >> "Aaa aa a a a a a/n;
    cin >> "x"
    Cout << "cin", cin:
    Return 0
    }
    }
    */
    Huge THANKS for astigmat for correcting the spelling of code! ^-^

There ARE 2
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
    16 WOTDs and counting...
    Creator of the Swedish Start world.

Male and attack helicopter
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Well, there's this theory called SOGIE (Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, and Gender Expression) which I believe in. So I would say that gender is a spectrum and is infinitely many.

For those people who say there are only 2, you might be thinking that sex and gender are the same. Gender is societal and sex is biological. Even your answer, which is 2, is wrong since there is third sex, intersex.
    There is no knowledge that is not power.

2 genders:

Homo and straight
    <Insert a temporary placeholder signature>
    M e n a c i n g. . .
    ゴゴゴゴゴ. . .

Damn this topic is triggering me. But yep I won't start a fight for you, BlackIce

2. EAAAAAAASY

Male, female and non-binary (which basically includes endless amount of subcategory genders...).

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    Male and attack helicopter
    ATTACK HELICOPTER EXISTS! AND THATS A FACT!
    Why are we still here?
    Just to suffer?

Quote Originally Posted by DreadVoidGT View Post
    ATTACK HELICOPTER EXISTS! AND THATS A FACT!
    Women is a property change my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    I am an anime trap

-Oma357

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    There are apparently 58 genders.

Nevermind. There are a lot.
    Are there 58 genders, that can’t be true. There are only 2 genders.
    Join Forumers United, Join now!

All for one and one for all, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by Meraak View Post
    genders and sexes are 2 different things. gender is what you feel like you are and sexes are what you actually are
    Some people such as my self choose not to conform to these new definitions as I believe it does more harm than good. I fail to understand why we need the term gender roles instead of trying to do away with the idea of gender roles altogether. Instead of saying I'm a guy because I like to hunt, why not say girls can hunt too? I think everyone for the most part would support equality.

Also intersex is not a 3rd gender, these people are still sexed as male or female at birth based on their dominant traits and although it's a real thing we don't base rules off of an exception, people have 10 fingers, even though some are born differently.

3: Male, Female, Transgender
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and weeb
    Latest Youtube Video:

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I have a heart?
    Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    Do you love dragons with your brain?

Master Sorcerer Craftyisheretohelp's Avatar

There is and will always be only 2 genders, male and female, the others people are talking about aren't genders. Also sex and gender are the same, people are just trying to alter its meaning
    Professional thread killer

Quote Originally Posted by Craftyisheretohelp View Post
    There is and will always be only 2 genders, male and female, the others people are talking about aren't genders. Also sex and gender are the same, people are just trying to alter its meaning
    Try to search. Gender is based on the society and sex is actually what is in your body. And if that's the way you think about gender, your answer must be 3 since there's intersex. It's science.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FortuneKhaki View Post
    Try to search. Gender is based on the society and sex is actually what is in your body. And if that's the way you think about gender, your answer must be 3 since there's intersex. It's science.
    Its not "science" its bullshit. People at my school had a guest speaker come to talk to us about this whole intersex thing, its literally throwing bio out the window (Bia year 10). Most people (Or as I call them sacks claiming to be intersex littterally had surgery to look like this or are nearly a ****in' alien) and yes some people are born like this, however these are SPECIAL 1/1M CASES and this is called a birth defect and also how the **** is there 3 genders if there isn't 3 cromasons like what the actual **** "Intersex people" (People with a birth defect making them have the sex organs of a male and female) still have a mix of X and Y cromasones like there isn't a ****in' z cromazones (Better explained below)
    Quote Originally Posted by A wise man on reddit View Post
    Yeah, intersex isn't a "third sex"; it's a genetic, biological anomaly, a birth defect. Just in the same way that some people are born without legs doesn't nullify the fact that humans are a bipedal species, the fact that a tiny minority of people are born intersex does not nullify the fact that humans are a sexually dimorphic species.
    For there to be such a thing as a "third sex", the human species would require three sexes to procreate (which is the SOLE reason humans come in two sexes in the first place - to facilitate the continuation of the species!), and there would have to be a third type of chromosome in addition to X and Y. But there is NO "Z" chromosome, notwithstanding the fact that some intersex people have the X and/or Y chromosomes in abnormal combinations.
    And you also cant change the hormones your born with to something other than M/F

Quote Originally Posted by A wise man on debate.org View Post
    There is no such thing as "gender fluid" or "transgender" or "intersex" or whatever pronoun you crazy people choose for any particular day. You can certainly BELIEVE that you are these things. But believing does not make it so. Believing in something DOES NOT make it actually real. You are born with specific chromosomes that can NEVER be changed, no matter how many surgeries you have.

You can't just make up whatever you want just because you feel unhappy with your body or who you are. Gender is clearly defined by your DNA. And your feelings don't change that.

So yes, sex and gender are the same thing. Because there are actually only two genders: male and female..

Sorry kids, but facts dont care bout' your feelings!

Plsssssssssssss no ban

Quote Originally Posted by [Rumors] View Post
    Its not "science" its bullshit. People at my school had a guest speaker come to talk to us about this whole intersex thing, its literally throwing bio out the window (Bia year 10). Most people (Or as I call them sacks claiming to be intersex littterally had surgery to look like this or are nearly a ****in' alien) and yes some people are born like this, however these are SPECIAL 1/1M CASES and this is called a birth defect and also how the **** is there 3 genders if there isn't 3 cromasons like what the actual **** "Intersex people" (People with a birth defect making them have the sex organs of a male and female) still have a mix of X and Y cromasones like there isn't a ****in' z cromazones (Better explained below)

And you also cant change the hormones your born with to something other than M/F

Sorry kids, but facts dont care bout' your feelings!

Plsssssssssssss no ban
    So if you use the guest speaker who spoke in your school, my points are actually THOUGHT in a school, something that has formal researches and has references, hot like that guest speaker who might just searched in quora to debunk some science "bullsh*t".

Let's see how the World Health Organization defines sex and gender.

"Sex" refers to the biological and physiological characteristics that define men and women.

What if they don't fall on the binary concept? This is where intersex enters. It doesn't need to be fertile to be called a sex. Sex is the biological and physiological difference, more considering to the reproductive system. I found it funny that one person used the bipedality thing. See, this is why intersexual people are being discriminated. It's because people who fit in the binary definition of sex call them people with abnormality or people with sickness when in fact, they're just another branch of sex.

Gender refers to the socially constructed characteristics of women and men.

This part is where I can respect your opinion. But, "cromasons" which I think you mean chromosomes don't relate to gender. It is a social construct. Whether it be because of religion or something else. So as of right now, there's no right or wrong in gender. There are a lot of theories about it that you can search for such as the queer theory, SOGIE, Sigmun Freud's, and more. But in our school, SOGIE theory is the concept that is used more often.

Sorry kids, but you should really search for the concreteness of your facts!

Plsssssssssssss no ban

Also, it is spelled as chromosomes, not cromasons

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FortuneKhaki View Post
    So if you use the guest speaker who spoke in your school, my points are actually THOUGHT in a school, something that has formal researches and has references, hot like that guest speaker who might just searched in quora to debunk some science "bullsh*t".

Let's see how the World Health Organization defines sex and gender.

"Sex" refers to the biological and physiological characteristics that define men and women.

What if they don't fall on the binary concept? This is where intersex enters. It doesn't need to be fertile to be called a sex. Sex is the biological and physiological difference, more considering to the reproductive system. I found it funny that one person used the bipedality thing. See, this is why intersexual people are being discriminated. It's because people who fit in the binary definition of sex call them people with abnormality or people with sickness when in fact, they're just another branch of sex.

Gender refers to the socially constructed characteristics of women and men.

This part is where I can respect your opinion. But, "cromasons" which I think you mean chromosomes don't relate to gender. It is a social construct. Whether it be because of religion or something else. So as of right now, there's no right or wrong in gender. There are a lot of theories about it that you can search for such as the queer theory, SOGIE, Sigmun Freud's, and more. But in our school, SOGIE theory is the concept that is used more often.

Sorry kids, but you should really search for the concreteness of your facts!

Plsssssssssssss no ban

Also, it is spelled as chromosomes, not cromasons
    mate im sorry to inform you but no one gives a fu*k
    also its pretty dam hard to type when ur pissed off

And give this a listen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj8KdXQn3ZY

Quote Originally Posted by [Rumors] View Post
    mate im sorry to inform you but no one gives a fu*k
    Lmao check your privilege

Biologically 2 definitely, Spiritually/Mentally UNKNOWN but 4+ 100%
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG