Thread: Invest in Me! Worlds...

Default Invest in Me! Worlds...

Ok so idk if this is an old thing, but recently I have seen a occurrence of “Bank” worlds. Basically an investment thread in a world. The owners of the world are asking for world locks with the” promise “ of returning more after a period of time. Now I have already seen one world do this. Over the course of the day super broadcast and rack up around 1,500 worlds locks. Then just now he took all of the world locks and set the world public...

Hundreds of Growtopians are getting scammed....

There is a rumor that Mithios said they where legal. At least that is what the owners said :/

We need to as the forumer community band together to stop this. This is already illegal in the forums.. JAKESHORE and all that..

Moderators take heed and look out for these types of worlds...

Thank you
    Ubisoft Hamumu

VvVCLICKMEVvV
    UbiMumu’s Breaking Service!

Lesser Wizard

Its not a rumor.

"Is it punishable in-game? - No, as of the moment we can’t control player choices on investments. It’s legal, but highly discouraged and something we don’t support. It’s the posting of threads that’s disallowed."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaloex View Post
    Its not a rumor.

"Is it punishable in-game? - No, as of the moment we can’t control player choices on investments. It’s legal, but highly discouraged and something we don’t support. It’s the posting of threads that’s disallowed."
    .... that’s stupid. It obviously harms players they should be banned...
    Ubisoft Hamumu

VvVCLICKMEVvV
    UbiMumu’s Breaking Service!

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by UbiMumu View Post
    .... that’s stupid. It obviously harms players they should be banned...
    It only harms stupid players. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Unfortunately, these kinds of incidents will likely never result in a ban for the one stealing the items as every player is held accountable for whom they put their trust in. That’s why there is so much emphasis on the concept that putting faith in other players can often have severe consequences.

The only way these kinds of investment scams can be prevented is by not loaning out any items to other players.

I mean, I am an advocate of this loaning system when it is completely scam-free, as it’s a great method for both parties (the giver and the receiver), but that day will never come.
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

Growtopia Username: Lewius

Master Sorcerer

I’m just copying what I wrote in the “what happened to growtopiabanking?” Thread

It’s good in theory, if people weren’t so corrupt. What happened here is the same as the last person who tried it. The owner made a promise to do a type of savings account, where you’d give him world locks, and each day there would be interest. Meaning if you gave him 10 world locks and it had 10% interest on it, you’d get 1 extra world lock a day. Meanwhile, the bank uses your money or world locks to either invest in items or spend it on farmables. The bank owner profits with the investment or farmables, and then makes a profit himself and gives back the player the promised world locks with some extra left for himself. This is how it should work in theory, but obviously people are greedy as hell and want things for themselves. Also, it’s not backed up by anything. So if the owner invests in davinci wings and they drop 10,000 world locks, there’s no guarantee that you’ll get your world locks back because he can’t pay the customers with world locks he doesn’t have. It would need to be backed by a mod or by Ubisoft itself to work. That’s why the stock market crash in the 1920’s was such a big problem, because banks weren’t backed by the government. And on the topic of banking, the world BANK isn’t really a bank, it’s just a glorified pawn shop. These bank worlds are shady and I wouldn’t recommend any of them.
    This whole account is one giant post.

Any threads created asking for members of the community to "invest in me and get x back in x weeks!" or anything of the sort will be closed or deleted without warning. If any of you invest in these threads, we can’t guarantee you’ll receive your investments back.
    Said by Misthios.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...stment-threads
    IGN: Hinter
    --
    PS4 IGN: iPM_Hinter
    --
    Instagram: hintergaming
    Discord: @Hinter#4684
    --
    Playing since 4-9-2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaloex View Post
    Its not a rumor.

Just in case anybody wants citation for this, it's from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HinterZ View Post
    And if you read the whole thread you'd have noticed that it's refering to forum threads specifically and doesn't apply in-game.

guys I'm finally a dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    You're a dragon of the circus lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by BilaltmnOO View Post
    Arrested for being a dragon

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475