Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should there be command called /teleport?

Question Should there be command called /teleport?

For long time i've been thinking about /teleport command.
    Simply it would let owner or admin teleport to someone in his world.
    Well owner would be able to teleport anyone, but admins wouldn't be able to teleport to owner just to avoid scams.
    This command would be super useful in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JaskPro View Post
    Well owner would be able to teleport anyone, but admins wouldn't be able to teleport to owner just to avoid scams.
    It's too overpower as a player, it would be many trick scams if this implemented to the game

I understand ur point, but maybe it would have some kind of cooldown or something like that?

Well, don't be lazy to walk. This command is too risky, better not add it ever in this game.
    Ign/GrowID: Artlos
    Just be yourself don't try to be others
    And don't give up to reach your dream.

Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

Artlos' Suggestion! Click Here!

This is a good suggestion. Saying it shouldnt be added because of scam potential is a delusional argument

To prevent scams, you could just have a prompt of sorts. "World owner wants to teleport to you. [YES]/[NO]"

Quote Originally Posted by Meraak View Post
    This is a good suggestion. Saying it shouldnt be added because of scam potential is a delusional argument
    ^
    You see this argument on every suggestion ever. It's honestly just annoying at this point.

ok y'all the pics back

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Quote Originally Posted by 7enz View Post
    It's too overpower as a player, it would be many trick scams if this implemented to the game
    It is a good idea, and I don't see how it could cause any new scams that you can't already do with bans or kicks. Maybe the person that did the teleport can get frozen for 2 seconds (like the snowball effect) so that way they can't just surprize someone and quickly take dropped items; the other person would have time to react.

This is not feasible from my point of view.

First, it's too powerful to use this command. Second, even if there's a confirmation whether you want to teleport or not it would be annoying that a Confirmation Box will show time to time on your screen despite being busy. Lastly, this can be used for scams no matter what kind of prevention you'll make. There are more cons rather than pros when using this command.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard123 View Post
    It is a good idea, and I don't see how it could cause any new scams that you can't already do with bans or kicks. Maybe the person that did the teleport can get frozen for 2 seconds (like the snowball effect) so that way they can't just surprize someone and quickly take dropped items; the other person would have time to react.
    I won't agree with this if i'm going to be Trash pranked. Imagine, you can't move then the owner starts pushing you to the pile of trash
    Connecting Virtually Destroys Reality

Make Sure To Visit Our World

Password: GROWTOPIA

Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    I won't agree with this if i'm going to be Trash pranked. Imagine, you can't move then the owner starts pushing you to the pile of trash
    Well, only the owner of the world is able to teleport. Then I was saying that after the OWNER teleports then the OWNER gets frozen, like a cooldown timer for teleporting. And I still don't get, since only the owner can do this, then how can it make any more scams that you can't already do with kicks or bans?
    ign on pc: WizardPro
    ign on switch/xbox: Wizard_

Well, only the owner of the world is able to teleport. Then I was saying that after the OWNER teleports then the OWNER gets frozen, like a cooldown timer for teleporting. And I still don't get, since only the owner can do this, then how can it make any more scams that you can't already do with kicks or bans?
    The suggestion was about the owner to teleport a player going inside his/her world. What you are saying is the exact opposite of the suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    This is not feasible from my point of view.

First, it's too powerful to use this command. Second, even if there's a confirmation whether you want to teleport or not it would be annoying that a Confirmation Box will show time to time on your screen despite being busy. Lastly, this can be used for scams no matter what kind of prevention you'll make. There are more cons rather than pros when using this command.

- - - Updated - - -

This might be feasible if...

The one who gets teleported will spawn on the white door. In addition, there should be an option to disable the /teleport command on the Personal Settings because commotion will start by being annoyed from the popping Confirmation Box. Finally, there should be atleast more than 5 to 10 minutes cooldown using this command.
    Connecting Virtually Destroys Reality

Make Sure To Visit Our World

Password: GROWTOPIA

That would be good way to avoid scamming fr.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah my bad, i didn't read the reply totally. My idea was to let owner teleport player, players with no access wouldn't be able to use this command.

Ok, I have a solution to this.

If you REALLY must have this suggestion, although my solution makes it a bit more annoying/takes more time to do,it can prevent basically ANY scam potential.

When the owner doing /teleport (player)

Thr player who the owner is going to teleport from will get a notification kinda like a private message ssying the sometime like "The owner wants to teleport to, agree?". This is where you would need to type /agree(doing /yes could lead to some advanced scams somehow). So, I'll go with /agree instead.

The won't be as annoying as a pop up window, take a bit more time,, but still be used if needed. No cooldown neccessary.

(also, another suggestion to just beable to also type /tel or /tele (player) instead to make it faster)
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post

If you REALLY must have this suggestion, although my solution makes it a bit more annoying/takes more time to do,it can prevent basically ANY scam potential.

Thr player who the owner is going to teleport from will get a notification kinda like a private message ssying the sometime like "The owner wants to teleport to, agree?". This is where you would need to type /agree(doing /yes could lead to some advanced scams somehow). So, I'll go with /agree instead.

The won't be as annoying as a pop up window, take a bit more time,, but still be used if needed. No cooldown neccessary.

(also, another suggestion to just beable to also type /tel or /tele (player) instead to make it faster)
    Good idea, that would actually make it work. Thanks for good reply. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post

This is completely unnecessary. This command has just as much scam potential as the /pull command. It doesnt need these extra measures to make sure it cant be used to scam. If anyone gets scammed by this its their own fault for being stupid

I've always wanted to be able to teleport to people that's in my parkour world, but it would only make scamming more common, so it's not going to happen
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeRampageGT
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx
    I am selling D4,D5,D6 for 10 Dls total.
    The most i would pay is 70 wls per world .___.
    Good luck selling it:/

Banned

It's to OP, Nono. It's forbidden!

Master Sorcerer Sprite Lightning's Avatar

👍👍👍
    We've already had /pull, which doesn't even have any confirmation to be required, so why not this one?
    In-game name: Zierfandler
    Growtopia Wiki's admin.

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    To prevent scams, you could just have a prompt of sorts. "World owner wants to teleport to you. [YES]/[NO]"
    This is good.
    Also reminds me of the Minecraft factions servers.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

Lesser Knight

Just like the other people in this post I'm concerned about the number of scams that would pop up but maybe if they did add the pop up that DynPlaysGT Suggested it would be better but I'm not going vote +1 or -1
    Anime Lover / Growtopia Lover

IGN: IHaveRights
    Insta: 21heycakes

Yes, that would make sense, but think about how many openings that would be to scamming, good suggestion though!
    Y'all got any of that StonksYeah that's what I thought *Inserts sad face*