Thread: MANNEQUIN SCAMMED

Exclamation MANNEQUIN SCAMMED

Hi uhmm i don't know if this is the right place to post this but just 5 minutes ago, I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED

And ya know I just got back from this game and my top investment is my set, which is a fire one.

I just wanna KNOW HOW DID IT WORK?

so basically, I was selling my set and put it in a mannequin. Then this YNTP guy wanted to buy it. He said he wanted to make sure if the world is safe and asked for access, and so I did gave him.
    Then he removed his access and I put my whole set in the mannequin.

I WAS HESITATING because something smells fishy, and so I double checked, I even rendered it.
    Name:  bobfireset.png
Views: 224
Size:  136.4 KB

Then when I put my set in the mannequin, he suddenly got ACCESS and started getting all my items
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 210
Size:  17.9 KB

I have been playing growtopia for a long time now and its been a year or so since I remembered I got SCAMMED.

and again, I just really want to know HOW did YNTP regain access to the world again when I have seen him removed it and saw no proof of any access?

(I know it is my fault for being ignorant about this "new" thing, its just that I just got back from this game after a long time and now it seems I don't know how things in "New Growtopia" work now and this has been a lesson haha)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you btw if you even bothered to read this post
    Hope you have a nice day )

No idea how this happened, just wanted to say that it's a nice set.
    IGN: Imunity

you probably have him access and he didn't accept it,and you didn't notice
    IGN : Liquify

Quote Originally Posted by Imunity View Post
    No idea how this happened, just wanted to say that it's a nice set.
    Thanks mateee haha, it'll probably take some time before I become a fire form again

RIP to this set haha
    Name:  fire.png
Views: 208
Size:  79.4 KB

First of all, I'm terribly sorry about your situation here. You should very much pay close attention to your environment here, as people like to invent these new skemz to fool you.

Second of all, the title of your thread confused me tho, I thought your mannequin (or mannequins)got scammed....

Thirdly, selling your entire set through a mannequin is a very risky move. As it could happen like for example your situation here. I prefer myself to sell it one by one. But if you wanna play it safe, carefully place it on a dirt block or something sturdy, like a Golden Block!

And last but not least, this thread should be in Everything Else
    IGN : GroweyNoxey

tubatubatubatuba
    tubatubatubatuba

Singöling äyt is illegäl
    IGN: Ephus

I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    This is definitely what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt2man View Post
    Dyn has been here for so long I feel that he's a lich or something.

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Avatar and sigpic by the amazing Mistrella, thank you so much!

The same thing happened to my friend a few days ago. Thanks for sharing this though, so other people don't fall for the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

It's weird though that in the render he didn't have access.
    Official Oven Producer of the World FORUMERBASE

Lesser Wizard

This. He probably typed out the '[Player] removed his access from [world]' to make you think he actually accepted the access and removed it. The next time you see something fishy (even if it isn't), stay vigilant. Check the chat menu to see if their actions are legitimate or not.
    IGN: PixelJr
    Guild: ANCIENTS
    Instagram: @iampixeljr
    Discord: PixelJr#7411
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.gg/UMnCbX7

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Crover View Post
    Hi uhmm i don't know if this is the right place to post this but just 5 minutes ago, I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED

And ya know I just got back from this game and my top investment is my set, which is a fire one.

I just wanna KNOW HOW DID IT WORK?

so basically, I was selling my set and put it in a mannequin. Then this YNTP guy wanted to buy it. He said he wanted to make sure if the world is safe and asked for access, and so I did gave him.
    Then he removed his access and I put my whole set in the mannequin.

I WAS HESITATING because something smells fishy, and so I double checked, I even rendered it.
    Name:  bobfireset.png
Views: 224
Size:  136.4 KB

Then when I put my set in the mannequin, he suddenly got ACCESS and started getting all my items
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 210
Size:  17.9 KB

I have been playing growtopia for a long time now and its been a year or so since I remembered I got SCAMMED.

and again, I just really want to know HOW did YNTP regain access to the world again when I have seen him removed it and saw no proof of any access?

(I know it is my fault for being ignorant about this "new" thing, its just that I just got back from this game after a long time and now it seems I don't know how things in "New Growtopia" work now and this has been a lesson haha)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you btw if you even bothered to read this post
    Hope you have a nice day )
    So your trying to say that you're the one trying to scam the buyers but you did an Ooopsie...

SELLING SET USING MANNEQUIN IS THE NEW SCAM THING. Why do i say so? Coz i try to buy SCRUB in mannequin but when he take the lock he pulled me.
    But im smart enough to zoom out the screen to see the mannequin. And i didnt see any item in it.. When i say "where is the set?" He banned me...

Look HOW FAR THE MANNEQUIN IN HIS RENDER.. FAR ENOUGH FOR YOU TO "NOT SEE THE MANNEQUIN".

You yourself is so dumb to give access to your pray and give him power to outplyay you.

Scammer vs Scammer this is the good title of it.

There was no notification that I asked him to have access again though but that could be one of the possible reasons too :<<
    Thank you for answering

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoxeyBoy View Post
    First of all, I'm terribly sorry about your situation here. You should very much pay close attention to your environment here, as people like to invent these new skemz to fool you.

Second of all, the title of your thread confused me tho, I thought your mannequin (or mannequins)got scammed....

Thirdly, selling your entire set through a mannequin is a very risky move. As it could happen like for example your situation here. I prefer myself to sell it one by one. But if you wanna play it safe, carefully place it on a dirt block or something sturdy, like a Golden Block!

And last but not least, this thread should be in Everything Else
    Oh Im sorry for my errors in my title and in placing the post! I'll take note of that!

You're right, I could have done the ways you mentioned to sell my set! Darn it.
    Thank you for replying tho! I'll definitely remind myself about this when Im doin business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    This is definitely what happened.
    Yeah I'll take this on my possible conclusions but I really did not see any "You offered access to ___" notification :<<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minonin View Post
    The same thing happened to my friend a few days ago. Thanks for sharing this though, so other people don't fall for the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

It's weird though that in the render he didn't have access.
    Gee, hope more people would see this haha :<< it was a terrible mistake indeed
    Hope your friend is doin better!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PixelJr View Post
    This. He probably typed out the '[Player] removed his access from [world]' to make you think he actually accepted the access and removed it. The next time you see something fishy (even if it isn't), stay vigilant. Check the chat menu to see if their actions are legitimate or not.
    That came up to my mind but when I rendered it or check the lock, there is no access already :<<
    Yep, stay vigilant and alert indeed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkynoRain View Post
    So your trying to say that you're the one trying to scam the buyers but you did an Ooopsie...

SELLING SET USING MANNEQUIN IS THE NEW SCAM THING. Why do i say so? Coz i try to buy SCRUB in mannequin but when he take the lock he pulled me.
    But im smart enough to zoom out the screen to see the mannequin. And i didnt see any item in it.. When i say "where is the set?" He banned me...

Look HOW FAR THE MANNEQUIN IN HIS RENDER.. FAR ENOUGH FOR YOU TO "NOT SEE THE MANNEQUIN".

You yourself is so dumb to give access to your pray and give him power to outplay you.

SkyNoRain definitely did an OOPSIE with this one tho

First of all, stop using GENERALIZATION. Doesn't mean someone did it to you, ALL people that are selling sets with mannequins are "scammers".
    Some are just really using that medium in doing honest work/business. But sure I'll give it a pass because such experience is traumatizing tho, but please try not to look everyone as a "scammer" when they're using mannequins.

Second, yep the mannequin is probably pretty much FAR AWAY like I really can't see it when I enter the world.. SMH Crover

Name:  oof.png
Views: 178
Size:  143.4 KB
    (Update: Someone said, it depends on the device but still, I was selling by not using any doors and the distance was like 6 freakin blocks man from the white door. 6 freakin blocks man.)

And finally, I was definitely dumb and I admit that... I wasn't paying attention with my surroundings and focused more on selling my set and making wls rather than making sure its all safe first.

Scammer vs Oopsie Crover is a better title I must say

Thank you for replying anyways, I hope ye have a great day sir.
    Last edited by Crover; 07-23-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Why are you selling in mannequin?
    Just put it in dirt so the buyers can see the item you sells.

Why you give access?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkynoRain View Post

You yourself is so dumb to give access to your pray and give him power to outplyay you.

Yup.. I saw selling set using this style.. Its very cheap set like you can double your wl if you sell the item separately.

From my small screen phone is it true that i cant see 5 blocks further unless i zoom it out.

*** is that title man... He is not scammer lol...

Quote Originally Posted by OofLimits View Post
    Why are you selling in mannequin?
    Just put it in dirt so the buyers can see the item you sells.

Why you give access?

- - - Updated - - -

Yup.. I saw selling set using this style.. Its very cheap set like you can double your wl if you sell the item separately.

From my small screen phone is it true that i cant see 5 blocks further unless i zoom it out.

*** is that title man... He is not scammer lol...
    I thought mannequins were better to use but yeah, should have used blocks :<<
    I gave him access because he told me he "wanted to make sure" that my world is SAFE. Turns out I was the one who wasn't safe haha.

Thanks for the information about the zooming in and out tho, didn't know that because I typically see such distance with using my phone and pc hehe, still thankszzz.
    Hope ye have a nice day!

you probably gave him access and he didn't accept it
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeRampageGT
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx
    I am selling D4,D5,D6 for 10 Dls total.
    The most i would pay is 70 wls per world .___.
    Good luck selling it:/

Exclamation IT ALL MAKE SENSE NOW

Ok so you guys were right!

Especially you sir:

In the first place, he never ACCEPTED the access that I gave to him.

He just TYPED THAT HE REMOVED IT making me think that he actually DID remove it but in reality, he still has the invitation of access in the world after all those times.

I now get it... gee, I really was not paying attention.

Thank you again for all those who replied and took time to read.

Moreover, I hope those who still doesn't know this way of scamming be able to read this.

I'll rise from this again )
    Have a good day to y'all and see ya

You just remind me when i got scammed my caged L-Drag (42dls at that time)
    Using same method,he said he wanna make sure the world is safe so i give him access. But actually he just fake the accept and the unaccess notification.

After i put my ldrag. He accept the access n take my ldrag. Since im already trade him,after i click cancel,i cannot take my ldrag because the annoying "wait for a second" thingy
    IGN : Kihiro
    Cheap Bountiful GT Looming Block 40/1 at VENDHU \(^_^)/

Goal :
    -Have fun in game : 6/10

You gave him access, but he accepted after you showed all items on that mannequin, which means you didn't notice that he didn't take that access before, probably.

I hope you'll get your items back someday, mate! ❤