Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Fishing really necessary?

Default Is Fishing really necessary?

We're gonna have a guild event once a month for 4 months. Devs mentioned on how they want it to be more skill based and even built a cool parkour for it to be skill based for the prize itself

but is fishing really necessary? considering the fact that we can't use exquisites anymore and an Elegant anamarod requires 25 naval mines (which are pretty pricey). it's gonna take us forever to hit the max reward with only pristines

and considering we only have 4 events,then why isn't the last three Surgery,startopia and cooking? those are real skill based events that don't consume too much time and is rather fun then loosing our sanity to fishing
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Everything is possible with Growtopia's unstable economy
    "I can see a rainbow. In your tears as they fall on down. I can see your soul grow. Through the pain as they hit the ground". ~ Sia.

Changed name to FabPiano
    I'm a boy, please don't say that I am a girl..
    Want some fabulous songs? TUNESONGS
    Instagram: FabPianoGT

Read my first story! The beginning of FabPiano
    Join my Discord: *Maintenace*
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ng-of-FabPiano

Quote Originally Posted by M1tch View Post
    BlackIce was nuked from orbit!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
    Everything is possible with Growtopia's unstable economy
    oh let alone that naval mines aren't too easy to find,therefore it's gonna rise to like idk? 3> each

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    oh let alone that naval mines aren't too easy to find,therefore it's gonna rise to like idk? 3> each
    I was being sarcastic but 0k
    "I can see a rainbow. In your tears as they fall on down. I can see your soul grow. Through the pain as they hit the ground". ~ Sia.

Changed name to FabPiano
    I'm a boy, please don't say that I am a girl..
    Want some fabulous songs? TUNESONGS
    Instagram: FabPianoGT

Read my first story! The beginning of FabPiano
    Join my Discord: *Maintenace*
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ng-of-FabPiano

Quote Originally Posted by M1tch View Post
    BlackIce was nuked from orbit!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
    I was being sarcastic but 0k
    I know but I just wanna mention it too

Lesser Wizard

We're gonna have a guild event once a month for 4 months. Devs mentioned on how they want it to be more skill based and even built a cool parkour for it to be skill based for the prize itself

but is fishing really necessary? considering the fact that we can't use exquisites anymore and an Elegant anamarod requires 25 naval mines (which are pretty pricey). it's gonna take us forever to hit the max reward with only pristines

and considering we only have 4 events,then why isn't the last three Surgery,startopia and cooking? those are real skill based events that don't consume too much time and is rather fun then loosing our sanity to fishing
    We will only see these events only once until all the events have pass by. Surgery, startopia, and cooking will be upcoming events in Summer season, Winter season, or even Spring Season.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Can't provide an exact date, but I can tell you that the next event is... FISHING!

Oh, and the points have been adjusted (slightly), along with the break chances (muchly).
    Starkos mentioned that they will adjust the points slightly, but I agree with you, fishing will take a long time with just using pristine.
    Last edited by iPlayfuls; 07-24-2019 at 08:23 AM. Reason: added @Starkos quote
    IGN: iPlayfuls
    Level: 118
    Guild: Queen
    Playing Since: March 2015

Worlds:
    Main World: IPLAYFULS
    Bait Shop: IPLAYTACKLES
    Vend World: BASICVENDS
    BFG Service: IPLAYFULSLINK

I like to volunteer and watch TVB dramas.
    Feel free to contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by iPlayfuls View Post
    We will only see these events only once until all the events have pass by. Surgery, startopia, and cooking will be upcoming events in Summer season, Winter season, or even Spring Season.

Starkos mentioned that they will adjust the points slightly, but I agree with you, fishing will take a long time with just using pristine.
    slightly means we would still need to spend alot of time

edit : might also be better if they decrease the chance of getting trash instead of actual fish

I'll disagree.

Fishing requires patience and that's a skill by itself.

Fishing allows players with a smaller budget to fairly participate in a skill based competition without having to spend each and every one of their wls.

But by only doing events such as startopia or surgery newer players won't be given the chance to have fun in this huge event meant for all of Growtopians.
    IGN:EerieGt

Level:65

Discord: EerieGt#5836

Master Sorcerer

If the numbers don't change for the next event (as witnessed in this block basher event), each fish from pristine yields 55k points, and to get #20 we have to get 16.4m points. Therefore in order to attain the last personal reward, we have to fish 300 fishes, and that's not even considering the inanely abysmal fish per bait rates.

For comparison, in order to max out the fishing event in previous clashes, we have to fish 162 fishes with the exquisite rod, and that itself takes a long enough time to discourage people from doing the fishing event for the last personal reward.

But hey, we have elegant rods that boost our points by 3.33 times of a pristine rod! But guess what, you need 25 naval mines for one elegant rod. That's like what, 1 dl? For a rod that might break on its first fish? Some numbers here have to be balanced if you are to introduce such a tedious event into clashes.
    ign: BladeGamer

#give a limit points for reliable
    ign : Dr. VerdantGate
    https://www.instagram.com/dr.verdantgate/?hl=id
    Prepare For Harvest Festival

Great opportunity to skip 1 event (;
    IGN: Imunity

Quote Originally Posted by EerieGt View Post
    I'll disagree.

Fishing requires patience and that's a skill by itself.

Fishing allows players with a smaller budget to fairly participate in a skill based competition without having to spend each and every one of their wls.

But by only doing events such as startopia or surgery newer players won't be given the chance to have fun in this huge event meant for all of Growtopians.
    the issue isn't about people being patient or not,it's completely time consuming and not everyone is so free.

if you wanna participate in events where you get prize,you gotta have some wls to spare

Surgery and startopia events are the best way to let new players experience and learn other better things to do in game

Well Carrot blocks were 4-8 wls each on last event and I bet that there are players who desperately need golden medal from this event also. So elegant rods aren't for ordinary players.
    GOALS:
    Lvl 125/125
    Roles: Farm 10/10, Build 10/10, Fish 10/10, Surg 10/10
    Legend: 0/3
    Ach: 121/161
    Epic: 18/32
    Ances: Riches 5/5, Dimensions 5/5
    Gems: 23/25 million

Worlds: PINUSKI, SHP, GETGEMMIES, CRIMESTATE, 3RDROCK etc.

Ig: pinuskigt

Ahem maybe instead of complaining start stacking up on Baits?
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 64
    Gems: 263k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

Quote Originally Posted by Deno855 View Post
    Its not the baits, or the cost, that is the problem. Its the time taken to complete tier 20, and most guilds will set a goal to achieve even further beyond just #20.
    IGN: IamIM
    level: 111/125
    Making and playing difficult parkours is what i do, also trying daily challenges - war of wolves and carnie.
    Discord - I_am_Im#6969
    Growtopia Discord:
    https://discord.io/growtopia

the issue isn't about people being patient or not,it's completely time consuming and not everyone is so free.

if you wanna participate in events where you get prize,you gotta have some wls to spare

Surgery and startopia events are the best way to let new players experience and learn other better things to do in game
    it takes 6h to complete block basher using reliable pristines. 6h for fishing its not bad.
    Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Pinuski View Post
    Well Carrot blocks were 4-8 wls each on last event and I bet that there are players who desperately need golden medal from this event also. So elegant rods aren't for ordinary players.
    you only need 10 carrot blocks for an elegant and it was 4/wl or so before the event

naval mine on the other hand,is already a 2WL each yesterday and the stocks are little to none except for the extremely overpriced ones. And you'll need 25 of it for an elegant

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deno855 View Post
    the main issue is the time taken Sherlock

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SYNDO GT View Post
    it takes 6h to complete block basher using reliable pristines. 6h for fishing its not bad.
    if you're gonna fish with reliables,it's gonna take so much more longer lol. you get like garbage instead of actual fishes most of the time

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by SYNDO GT View Post
    It might take way longer than 6 hours. Probs like 10-15 hours with reliables. Depends how they will adjust the points and break chances.

- - - Updated - - -

you only need 10 carrot blocks for an elegant and it was 4/wl or so before the event

naval mine on the other hand,is already a 2WL each yesterday and the stocks are little to none except for the extremely overpriced ones. And you'll need 25 of it for an elegant

- - - Updated - - -

the main issue is the time taken Sherlock

- - - Updated - - -

if you're gonna fish with reliables,it's gonna take so much more longer lol. you get like garbage instead of actual fishes most of the time
    People are already buying the mines 3wls each. The supply for them is so small that I don't think anyone is gonna be able to use elegants.
    Last edited by Joni2; 07-24-2019 at 12:48 PM.

I think they need to buff the system from get points from catching fish to get points from catching anything like sea lantern , seaweed etc but give a bonus for catching fish and the perfect ones
    Why most people hate each other ?

I am pretty sure that those events are meant to be for 'not rich players' too, I would like to see some 'poor' players doing surg, like, it is easy to learn, but it is costly, for max personal you will need like probably +100 surgs, and just by that it is definitely more than DL + pristines another 40 WLs probably..so I don't know, you can check my suggestion for startopia/surgery if you'd like to.

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...sh-suggestions

Have a good day,
    Cze
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that died 21-23.8.2019, she went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never ever forget you