Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Simple fix to trade “scam”

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer iEmeraldBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    070719
    Posts
    1,723

    Default Simple fix to trade “scam”

    Now I’m sure you’ve all seen the people who attempt to quickly change items around in a trade in order to (hopefully) trick the other player into quickly accepting.

    A simple fix to this would be a new mechanic that allows you to revert a trade within 30 seconds of it occurring, as well as forcing a player to stay in the world for 30 seconds after trading (to keep the action more simple)

    Now, when a player goes thru with this kind of trade, it’s their fault 100%, but if you can add a simple mechanic that protects people from being taken advantage of, you should do it
    Hey, I'm iEmeraldBoy or iEB

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Machine View Post
    I was told I will die of death. A disease that only old people can get.

    Thanks Chocolatte

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Recreate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Watching Shrek 5
    Posts
    2,955

    Default

    Ok, but there will be so much trolls around.

    So that's a no from me

    + Trading worlds will be risky, since the other player is forced to stay after the trade. You can just Rob a few items from the world b4 you revert the trade. Walla ez profits.
    [ IGN ]: PandoRika
    [ Instagram ]: @pando_rika

    Status: DEAD

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer iEmeraldBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    070719
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Recreate View Post
    Ok, but there will be so much trolls around.

    So that's a no from me

    + Trading worlds will be risky, since the other player is forced to stay after the trade. You can just Rob a few items from the world b4 you revert the trade. Walla ez profits.
    I guess during the 30 seconds after the trade, you wouldn’t be aloud to break / open anything not open to the public, or the rule could simply not apply to world trades
    Hey, I'm iEmeraldBoy or iEB

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Machine View Post
    I was told I will die of death. A disease that only old people can get.

    Thanks Chocolatte

  4. #4
    Squire xtrostar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    24

    Default

    I dislike this idea; sorry.

    We already have a confirmation screen after being able to view the items in the trade slots. If you get scammed, it’s on you, and you shouldn’t be allowed to troll and revert a trade in the thirty seconds following that trade.

    Sorry, but I don’t see a lot of good things that will come with this.
    PS4 Player

    IG: xtrostargt
    PSN: xtrostar
    Discord: xtrostar#6213

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer ZStepXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Thinking about you.
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    It's a terrible idea. It wouldn't even work. How are people supposed to be FORCED to stay in a world? They can close the application, nothing can stop that.

    Maybe they should make the confirmation window a bit longer, like you have to wait atleast 3 seconds or so to press the final ''Accept'' button. That would make people who are in a hurry check anyway, since they gotta wait until they can actually accept.
    Thinking about you.

  6. #6
    Serf YoungBAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Somewhere nice.
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZStepXD View Post
    It's a terrible idea. It wouldn't even work. How are people supposed to be FORCED to stay in a world? They can close the application, nothing can stop that.

    Maybe they should make the confirmation window a bit longer, like you have to wait atleast 3 seconds or so to press the final ''Accept'' button. That would make people who are in a hurry check anyway, since they gotta wait until they can actually accept.
    Good idea, It could be like in Rocket League trading. After you click the final accept button, there is 5 seconds before the transaction occur so, during that time you could take another look at the trade and cancel it if it was wrong.
    The giant's woke eyes open undeniable, supplyin' smoke got the fire stoked.

  7. #7
    Lesser Knight CrazeeManeeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    it's best you didn't know
    Posts
    59

    Default

    I agree, I got trade scammed so we need a solution to this
    Hi! My name is basically CrazyManiac...
    Lovely to meet everyone!

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer SnowBlizter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    506

    Default

    or like just add 3-5 seconds in the confirmation menu to have a few glances on what you're trading.
    hi im snow how you doin?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •