Thread: Simple fix to trade “scam”

Default Simple fix to trade “scam”

Now I’m sure you’ve all seen the people who attempt to quickly change items around in a trade in order to (hopefully) trick the other player into quickly accepting.

A simple fix to this would be a new mechanic that allows you to revert a trade within 30 seconds of it occurring, as well as forcing a player to stay in the world for 30 seconds after trading (to keep the action more simple)

Now, when a player goes thru with this kind of trade, it’s their fault 100%, but if you can add a simple mechanic that protects people from being taken advantage of, you should do it
    Hey, I'm iEmeraldBoy or iEB

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Machine View Post
    I was told I will die of death. A disease that only old people can get.

Thanks Chocolatte

Ok, but there will be so much trolls around.

So that's a no from me

+ Trading worlds will be risky, since the other player is forced to stay after the trade. You can just Rob a few items from the world b4 you revert the trade. Walla ez profits.
    [ IGN ]: PandoRika
    [ Instagram ]: @pando_rika

Quote Originally Posted by Recreate View Post
    Ok, but there will be so much trolls around.

So that's a no from me

+ Trading worlds will be risky, since the other player is forced to stay after the trade. You can just Rob a few items from the world b4 you revert the trade. Walla ez profits.
    I guess during the 30 seconds after the trade, you wouldn’t be aloud to break / open anything not open to the public, or the rule could simply not apply to world trades
    Hey, I'm iEmeraldBoy or iEB

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Machine View Post
    I was told I will die of death. A disease that only old people can get.

Thanks Chocolatte

I dislike this idea; sorry.

We already have a confirmation screen after being able to view the items in the trade slots. If you get scammed, it’s on you, and you shouldn’t be allowed to troll and revert a trade in the thirty seconds following that trade.

Sorry, but I don’t see a lot of good things that will come with this.
    PS4 Player

IG: xtrostargt
    PSN: xtrostar
    Discord: xtrostar#6213

It's a terrible idea. It wouldn't even work. How are people supposed to be FORCED to stay in a world? They can close the application, nothing can stop that.

Maybe they should make the confirmation window a bit longer, like you have to wait atleast 3 seconds or so to press the final ''Accept'' button. That would make people who are in a hurry check anyway, since they gotta wait until they can actually accept.
    Thinking about you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZStepXD View Post
    It's a terrible idea. It wouldn't even work. How are people supposed to be FORCED to stay in a world? They can close the application, nothing can stop that.

Maybe they should make the confirmation window a bit longer, like you have to wait atleast 3 seconds or so to press the final ''Accept'' button. That would make people who are in a hurry check anyway, since they gotta wait until they can actually accept.
    Good idea, It could be like in Rocket League trading. After you click the final accept button, there is 5 seconds before the transaction occur so, during that time you could take another look at the trade and cancel it if it was wrong.
    The giant's woke eyes open undeniable, supplyin' smoke got the fire stoked.

I agree, I got trade scammed so we need a solution to this
    Hi! My name is basically CrazyManiac...
    Lovely to meet everyone!

or like just add 3-5 seconds in the confirmation menu to have a few glances on what you're trading.
    hi im snow how you doin?