Thread: I'm disappointed but I understand why these items were removed

Default I'm disappointed but I understand why these items were removed

I wasn't ever the type of person to participate in events, I'd usually just talk to some friends or farm... a few months back when the "Gross-out" update was introduced I was surprised they introduced a new monthly event that involved cooking, I and a couple of friends were so excited and decided to participate in this event. Fast forward a couple of weeks and the update was named to "Mutant-Kitchen", again, no problem there until we found out that some of the coolest items we've seen in months and had lots of potential for Halloween are now unobtainable, Here are some of the following items that were removed:

Items that were removed:
    • Name:  roach.png
Views: 387
Size:  813 Bytes
    • Name:  giant.png
Views: 391
Size:  894 Bytes
    • Name:  beast.png
Views: 387
Size:  994 Bytes

These items are really unique and have the greatest designs I've seen so far- Kudos to the person who made them, you deserve some recognition- I know that this is a kids game and some things aren't really appropriate for them but was this the best action & the only option to take? I can name a few items that are considered too "Gross/Disturbing" but those items have been around for a while and for crying out loud, There's a bloody doctor set and bloody plague set, but those get to stay? I just find it a little unfair.
    I'm not trying to rant or anything, I simply want some justification for these actions and why some other disturbing items get to stay and others don't.

Items that are currently still in-game:

• Name:  killer.png
Views: 389
Size:  12.8 KB
    • Name:  demon.png
Views: 386
Size:  820 Bytes
    • Name:  knife.png
Views: 385
Size:  823 Bytes
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I live inside my own world of make-believe.

Some people have issues with eyeballs and made them gross out
    Youtube:Lightvolts
    IGN:Lightvolts
    level:84

https://media.giphy.com/media/Vbylji...mSjB/giphy.gif

mods fix giphy pls ^ i sad

and when upload it, no work

[i miss old image gif
    bring back] I need them

Quote Originally Posted by lightvolts View Post
    Some people have issues with eyeballs and made them gross out
    GROSS OUT IS THE NAME OF THE UPDATE!!
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    -
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

So many bad decisions from them lately... they need to get their together...
    Thinking about you.

Pretty sure people really hated the beast with a thousand eyes mask at in causes trypophobia.

The roach is also relitavely disliked.

Eye head on the other hand, is really damn popular.

I love these items alot, hell they are some of my favourites. But they were removed due to player feedback. They may come back in the future, and we will just have to wait. I'm pretty sure half the players don't even know the beast with a thousand eyes mask exists.
    hello

Grossout event items are underrated, eyes on stalks are a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightmxre View Post
    Pretty sure people really hated the beast with a thousand eyes mask at in causes trypophobia.

Eye head is on the other hand, is really damn popular.

I love these items alot, hell they are some of my favourites. But they were removed due to player feedback. They may come back in the future, and we will just have to wait. I'm pretty sure half the players don't even know the beast with a thousand eyes mask exists.
    so Eye Head is removed? How about the people owning it? Because it sure isn't cheap...

Update:
    Quote Originally Posted by DemondoomGT View Post
    Giant eye head was replaced by slithering serpent hair, beast with a thousand eyes mask was replaced by cute bulb mask.
    let's replace wls with vodka.

My comments can be harsh, but atleast im not fake with my replies.

-IGN: Dvours

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightmxre View Post

Eye head on the other hand, is really damn popular.

I recently found out about the "beast with a thousand eyes" mask when I heard they removed some items. Quite frustrated that I might never get my hands on it tho.
    I live inside my own world of make-believe.

Okay lemme get this straight

The Beast Of The Thousand Eyes - Well, I have trypophobia as well, so its understandable that this thing removed

Riding 'Roach - I don't understand why it removed. I like that, giant, crawling roach, besides, its cute , and replaced by the Firefly, that's okayyy

Giant Eye Mask - I saw plenty of peeps have this, so I think its fine to me. I dont have any specific reason
    Eat Yeet, Potato Skeet

Why was the riding roach removed... It wasn't gross at all. It's a literal animal.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Master Sorcerer Sprite Lightning's Avatar

Exclamation

Yeah, I don't see how people overreacted to Totally Gross, especially considering Growtopia's Halloween has been infested with "trypophobia"-inducing assortment of Evil Eyes and eyeball monsters in GROWGANOTH for years.

Also, Spare Body Parts. Deadly Spiders. Hanging Bats. Even non-Halloween items like Prickly Pineapples and White Doll's Eyes. All these need to be removed as well to keep consistent with the removal of those Gross rewards.
    In-game name: Zierfandler
    Growtopia Wiki's admin.

Banned

Apparently some epileptic guy had an epilepsy during this event due to the eyes and gross changing stuff such as the eye closing/opening and the big heads just being hard to look at all so thats why they removed. Roach is maybe for the bed bugs nightmare but yeah the knife in the head shouldnt be there as someone could try it and same for the plague mask wich have a great story but got ruined by the last halloween update.

For the scrub set (hallow version) well its in several moovies and no epilepsy or suh things as nightmares could occur in this case.

I guess i stated every item and why they are there / not there thanks for completing this if needed

riding roach is cute ngl
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

so people on the forums ruined these items smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite Lightning View Post
    Yeah, I don't see how people overreacted to Totally Gross, especially considering Growtopia's Halloween has been infested with "trypophobia"-inducing assortment of Evil Eyes and eyeball monsters in GROWGANOTH for years.

Also, Spare Body Parts. Deadly Spiders. Hanging Bats. Even non-Halloween items like Prickly Pineapples and White Doll's Eyes. All these need to be removed as well to keep consistent with the removal of those Gross rewards.
    The growganoth eyes don't induce trypo since they are a whole eye. Trypophobia is the fear of irregular groups of holes packed together. While I don't think the beast of a thousand eyes mask was that bad, apparently people did.

Apparently how they did it was they asked random people on their opinions and said people they asked must have disliked these items, as well as general feedback from others. I don't think they would redesign items for no reason.

Sucks to see beast with a thousand eyes mask go with barely anyone knowing it's existence but I guess that's what the players wanted.
    hello

Grossout event items are underrated, eyes on stalks are a masterpiece.

The removal of those items were not just based on what the team wants. We had a poll and survey out for the community to partake in. We based the removal of those items from those two to get what the community wants in and out of this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by ZStepXD View Post
    So many bad decisions from them lately... they need to get their together...
    Now this I agree.
    I despise hyprocrites

IGN: Killer8dk
    Main world: Killer8dk

My dream items

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Tell him, "Oink!" for me.
    CUTEEE

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    The removal of those items were not just based on what the team wants. We had a poll and survey out for the community to partake in. We based the removal of those items from those two to get what the community wants in and out of this feature.
    I did not see in that poll any part where i can say what items are good and what bad, so why these items removed but others not? Didn't i see all questions or what? When i opened it, it asked something like is gross out update too gross and options were yes and no and that was all. So in which part, people actually said that we don't want those items? I want that ride and i want that eye and now they will be so rare that price will go soooooooo high.

We can't actually know why someone said it is too gross. I think, some people were just salty, cause they can't cook or they doesn't have wls to cook and that's why they would of course say, this update was and stuff need revamp. So poll like that, wont actually tell us much for real. Maybe poll about updates should be in game and only those who actually can do those new stuff has opportunity to answer in polls. Like in this, you cook new meal and that unlocks poll. Or something like that. Cause i'm sure that so many just answers negative way in those things, cause they didn't have skills/wls to do any items.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT

Master Sorcerer Sprite Lightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    No one told us anything. No one told us that 'shifting things around a little' meant locking several of the grossest items from being obtainable, or that 'complete change-up' meant all Gross-Out stuffs would become collectors' items.
    In-game name: Zierfandler
    Growtopia Wiki's admin.