Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I have a right to do this?

Default Do I have a right to do this?

Hello there
    So I lended a friend of mine 1dl (I know him in real life) and never gave him any time to return so like take your time paying me back anyways go ahead 3 days he msgs me saying he got scammed 8 DLS and is quitting now instead of giving me his account so I can salvage anything I can to get back my DL he decides to tell me I have no right to ask for the dl back since he got scammed not only that he decides to giveaway his account to another friend of his instead of giving the account to me
    now my question is do I have a right of demanding the account so I can in some way get some of my wls back?
    Join our Jahy-Sama discord server

https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:320x,crop:x800,quality:90x75/images/4a395a47cc1ac6d5c1141763cb3b5b1873f6b48f97bed31d31  0248a3523e00fb_1.jpg

You have the right to demand the dl back, but giving away accounts is illegal so you probably shouldn't demand that...might get banned for receiving it, not sure though.

In other words, you're trying to buy your friend's account for 1 DL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no context
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    dywinnie u can start pweeb with me owo we can bwender s togwetter :3 pwetty pwease

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

To me, your friend seems like a jerk to be honest.
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    -
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

time to hit that unfriend
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Banned

Nope, you don't have the right to do so.
    Take that as a life lesson: "Trust none other than yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    Nope, you don't have the right to do so.
    Take that as a life lesson: "Trust none other than yourself"
    What are you saying is sort of true, partially tho. What he did is unethically. The literal definition of lending in English Cambridge dictionary is the following: to give something to someone for a short period of time, expecting it to be given back
    [CENTER]GrowCord - Discord Bot

The only growtopia discord bot that post growtopia news and more directly into your discord server.
    ==
    Discord: MrAugu#7917
    New Discord
    ==
    Full-stack developer.

i'd beat him up irl ngl
    Thinking about you.

Steal his money and buy the diamond lock back for real money, if he has a lot of money you can make more diamond locks and profit.

If you take his account, you will get perma ban. All acc trds are illegal in this game. Can't giveaway accounts. So what you can do, is report his acc and if he gives it to a friend, mods will ban that acc.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

hit your friend in his teeth, thats worth a dl

world : VEXESGT
    got unbanned, growid : vexes

llc

Quote Originally Posted by Rush
    what to heck
    -Rush, April 21, 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMehMeh View Post
    wat in moderation
    MrMehMeh, May 9, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    hit your friend in his teeth, thats worth a dl
    take his wife
    Stay fresh!

Now that is a bad friendship, time to have some new friends

Smile

Besides of GrowStone, everybody seems to mutually agree.

If both of you guys both agreed before hand that its a LEND/temporary dl, then yes, you should have access to it.

Here's how real life works(if you borrowed money from the bank or something)

If you can't pay off the debt, you can/must declare bankruptcy. All the debt will go away BUT you can not own any property and money in any banks, that goes to the bank to take. Besides of very important exceptions, this rule is always law.

Lets replace some words in this with your sitiuation. Your friend got scammed and is quitting=bankruptcy.
    The "property and money" is whats left. You, in this case are the bank..

Unless there is an unknown circumstance we don't know about, you SHOULD have a right to the items. Yes, buying his account is illegal and all...but hey....nobody will know....right?

Serious, everyone here who is partly against it just mentions it is illegal...like growtopia won't know, and if the staff DO somehow find out, it would be from this thread and will probably be nice enough to turn a blind eye.

The argument GrowStone gave is also weak. Yes, you shouldn't trust anyone, but that means he isn't a friend. What I mean is, if his friend were to say "You shouldn't trust anyone"....that sounds rather scummy and makes him sound greedy, not friend worthy. For that reason, I feel the friend has no real arguments to give.

Even if we look at your friend perspective, its stupid. Like...I see he wants to give his leftover hard-worked-for items to the community, to seem nice but he should know promises go first, before the temporary self-satisfaction he will get for giving away items away and being famous for a bit.
    (P.s. I wasn't too sure how to word that paragraph I just wrote. You may want to read it carefully or feel free to ask what I mean't. )

(If you didn't plan to show this previously to your friend, you should too. He will then see how many people sided with tou compared to him)

Finally, if anyone will say "Who cares, its just a DL". Its not about the dl. Its about a promise being made and broken. If you friend can't fulfill this promise, he should at least try to. If he doesn't even try(I hate to really say this), but he really shouldn't be your friend. Friendship should have effort put in it and he doesn't seem to be putting effort in it.

On another hand, if hes a good friend, and you don't want to lose him(like if hes a schoolmate and it will just affect your social life) just forgive him.

Make sure to update us on what happens! I'm curious too!
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    Finally, if anyone will say "Who cares, its just a DL". Its not about the dl. Its about a promise being made and broken. If you friend can't fulfill this promise, he should at least try to. If he doesn't even try(I hate to really say this), but he really shouldn't be your friend. Friendship should have effort put in it and he doesn't seem to be putting effort in it.
    Thx for that Really appreciate the fact you wrote all of that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    In other words, you're trying to buy your friend's account for 1 DL.
    I would call it closer to a mortgage than buying his account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bozoe977 View Post
    Steal his money and buy the diamond lock back for real money, if he has a lot of money you can make more diamond locks and profit.
    I will be adding this to my to-do-list soon enough

https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:320x,crop:x800,quality:90x75/images/4a395a47cc1ac6d5c1141763cb3b5b1873f6b48f97bed31d31  0248a3523e00fb_1.jpg

Anyways here is an update on what's happening

So I msged him again saying to him you aren't giving the dl back are you?
    He replied to me saying what should I do? Tear my self in half for your precious DL
    I ignored the fact that he kinda called me selfish and told him so I just need to suck up the fact that I lost 1 DL?
    He said yes (just a yes)
    I msged back saying ok how about this I don't need the DL tho give me your account I mean I can use it for a lot of stuff
    He told me he already gave it away
    So I said to him ***? You gave the account away instead of giving it me?
    He said yes where is that your concern?
    So I said you begged me for 1 DL for an entire week and I told you I don't have I went out of my way just to afford lending you a dl and you then treat me with this bull
    He said that if I was a good friend I should've had sold my set just so he can get a dl
    So I msged again saying I had no obligation to even think about lending him 5 wls nevertheless 1dl
    He replied with a clapping emoji
    And I replied with middle finger cuz fk him
    I didn't talk to him yet and personally I don't want to I explained to him the fact that he didn't care about a promise we made and he simply said I got scammed you should forgive me already now that I am shedding light on to it I feel like he has been using me all these years I have known him

Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    break his kneecap and say it's just a knee, clearly he has transferred his stuff to another account I believe
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

you have the right to demand. he has the right to ignore your demand. it's a children's game for christ's sake, don't try to get legal professionals to fix your mess.

based on how you're describing the situation, you're both trying to manipulate each other.

Cursed

remember: always aim for the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
    remember: always aim for the face.
    Pro tip: a kick to the nuts will always have collateral damage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RogueBounty View Post
    you have the right to demand. he has the right to ignore your demand. it's a children's game for christ's sake, don't try to get legal professionals to fix your mess.

based on how you're describing the situation, you're both trying to manipulate each other.
    Both hmmm
    He already gave away his account he got nothing to lose he is basically being an ahole for no reason