Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Can i get notifications from the forums?

  1. #1
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Most probably at home
    Posts
    32

    Default Can i get notifications from the forums?

    As you can see, i'm pretty new to the forums and i was wondering if i can get notifications about someone replying to my thread. Is it possible or do i have to manually check a thread to see if someone has replied?

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Phemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4,939

    Default

    That's not possible to get notification directly by from forums.
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard Superparty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    165

    Default

    I was looking for that too but it seems you can only get notifications if you get a private message by someone and not if someone replies to a thread you subscribed to.

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    445

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Phyzz View Post
    As you can see, i'm pretty new to the forums and i was wondering if i can get notifications about someone replying to my thread. Is it possible or do i have to manually check a thread to see if someone has replied?
    It's possible, but it will be an email notification.

    Go to Settings>General Settings>Messaging & Notification>Default Thread Subscription Mode. Add the thread (the one you want to receive notifications from) to your subscribed threads list to receive a notification from it.

  5. #5
    Lesser Wizard Superparty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Climper View Post
    It's possible, but it will be an email notification.

    Go to Settings>General Settings>Messaging & Notification>Default Thread Subscription Mode. Add the thread (the one you want to receive notifications from) to your subscribed threads list to receive a notification from it.
    Weird, I have that set to "Instantly, via email" and yet I don't recieve any of them. I checked all the email folders even spam and I don't get them.

  6. #6
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    445

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Superparty View Post
    Weird, I have that set to "Instantly, via email" and yet I don't recieve any of them. I checked all the email folders even spam and I don't get them.
    I guess it's broken then?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •