Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You clearly superior of all humans on the earth if you answered this question correct

Quote Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
    Ryan needs friends
    Math haters exist and don't exist at the same time
    Isn't that like Schrödinger's cat? It is dead/ alive (there/ not there) simultaneously until being forced to chose a state to adapt.

Does anything really exist though?

Am I the only sentient being on earth?
    Is reality a hallucination?
    Do humans even exist?
    DO I even exist?
    Who are we?
    Where are we?
    What is our purpose?
    Who are we?
    Why are we here?
    What TRULY is consciousness?
    What happens after you die?
    Do what the fk even is death?

Will we ever get answers to those questions?
    Probably not.
    That's what scares me. I am scared at the answers of questions which have not been answered.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm scared

P.s don't gimme all the 'god' bs. Religion, in my opinion, was an answer used by our superstitious ancestors to give answers to the unanswerable. Religion is a simple answer, which is most likely not true. If you don't understand something e.g. How was the earth created? U don't say 'oMg gOd CrEaTedUs'

Don't get offended, that's my personal opinion. Change my mind
    The best guild, guild 'MATHS' needs YOU. Click to find out more!

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post4101200

My instagram- bbbella2002. Go follow it. Now.

I'll add some proof for your answer if you don't mind.

a form of "time travel" into the future is possible even though travel to the past is not. The Theory of Relativity tells us that the local rate at which reality changes actually varies depending on the local energy density (expressed by curvature of space-time). The "now" doesn't have to change everywhere at the same underlying rate! That's a marvelously unintuitive fact that required extensive experimental evidence before it was widely accepted. But we know it's true -- for example your GPS requires corrections for this fact or it wouldn't work right. The clocks in the satellites advance at a slightly different rate than the clocks on Earth. The effect is minuscule, but it's measurable. Astronauts age at an infinitesimally slower rate while they're in space.

We can create a larger effect by increasing the energies/velocities. A clock on a rocket ship traveling near the speed of light will tick much slower than an identical clock on Earth. To a person on the rocket, apparent time passes normally, because their biological processes and perceptions slow down just as much as the clock. The underlying rate at which reality progresses/changes slows on the rocket ship relative to everyone back on Earth. So a person on the rocket can return to Earth and he will have aged less than the people who stayed at home -- he could end up younger than his twin who stayed behind! It appears as if he travelled into the future, without ever leaving the now. This is where conceptions of time as a line really fall apart, but conceptions of time as the local rate underlying an "ever-changing now" work perfectly. There is no unique "reference time." There are just relative differences in rates.

So the "forward rate of change" can vary, which lets you "travel to the future" in a sense by slowing down your own fundamental rate of change relative to everyone else's. But the local rate can never go negative. According to Relativity, the rate at which clocks advance slows as the clock approaches the speed of light (or infinite local energy) but it's impossible for anything with mass to actually reach the speed of light. Massless particles (such as photons) travel at the speed of light and do not "subjectively experience" the passing of any time at all -- to a photon, when it leaves a light source it instantaneously arrives at its destination. But there is no solution to the equations of Relativity that have speeds faster than light or time running in reverse for any type of mass/energy that we have observed. It's a "square root of a negative number" type mathematical construct with no physical interpretation. So it doesn't make any mathematical sense for the local rate to go in reverse.

This is good, because running time in reverse would undo changes that already occurred, and this introduces the potential for all sorts of nasty paradoxes. For example, if you get into a hypothetical time reversing machine and it reverses your local rate inside the machine, the first thing to happen will be "rewinding" you getting into the machine. So you'll never make it any further back than your state at the moment you entered. Reversing the local rate is fundamentally self-defeating and therefore could not result in time travel paradoxes even if it were possible.

Time is a difficult subject to understand, and our intuitive understanding of it very often does not match the physical reality that science has measured in the universe. Time travel to the past is a perfect example of how an inaccurate mental model of time results in logical problems. The proper solution is to change our conceptions of time away from the primitive concept of a continuum we travel along, and instead consider it as an expression of the underlying rate of change of the universe.

Thanks for the compliment but I'm nowhere near "intelligent" lol
    tl;dr I read this so you guys don’t have to

Basically, time can move at different rates depending on how fast you move relative to something else and how heavily you are affected by gravity.

The closer you are to a strong gravitational pull, the slower time will become for you.
    examples:

• This is why theoretically, people in black holes appear to never reach the center; the strong gravitational force of the black hole warps even time itself and makes it appear to observers that you are never reaching the center.
    • Also, teeechnically, this also means that your feet age slower than your hands because they are closer to the Earth’s center. Don’t read too much into this, the difference is minuscule.

The faster you move relative to someone else, the slower time will become for you.
    examples:

• The International Space Station travels at roughly 4.7 miles (or 7.6 km) a second. Because of this fast speed, even though it is less affected by the Earth’s gravity, the sheer velocity that it is going at makes it so that astronauts on the ISS technically age slower than us. (It’s by a very small, unnoticeable amount though)
    • And obviously, if you were to replicate the ISS situation on a much larger scale by having an astronaut travel at light speed, when he returned back to earth, he’d come back to see that everyone has aged much faster than he has.

(If you want to just skim through this since I’m not really the most concise writer ever, the basics to know are the stuff that’s italicized. The bulletin points are just examples to help you understand better.)
    The Expert (in apologies because I mess up a lot)
    Art Instagram

My guess would be that it was placed there by another "time traveler"

Now to ruin your time travel dreams:
    There isn't a "cycle". Reality is simply a point in an imaginary timeline. So basically the past and the future don't exist. The only thing that exists in a physical sense is now. All mass, energy and information keeps going on with the present and leaves nothing behind.
    You would make a pretty good teacher in another time lane.
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Isn't that like Schrödinger's cat? It is dead/ alive (there/ not there) simultaneously until being forced to chose a state to adapt.

Do humans even exist?
    DO I even exist?
    Who are we?
    Where are we?
    What is our purpose?
    Who are we?
    Why are we here?

Probably not.
    That's what scares me. I am scared at the answers of questions which have not been answered.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm scared

P.s don't gimme all the 'god' bs. Religion, in my opinion, was an answer used by our superstitious ancestors to give answers to the unanswerable. Religion is a simple answer, which is most likely not true. If you don't understand something e.g. How was the earth created? U don't say 'oMg gOd CrEaTedUs'

This was probably not made to be answered but I'm bored so why not ( this is all my opinion so please take this with a grain of salt )

No, it probably feels like falling asleep ( you don't think or feel anything )

This is what keeps me awake at night lol. Probably yes.

Reality is nothing (everything is something but also nothing is nothing)

Do humans even exist?
    No

DO I even exist?
    No one exists

Who are we?
    We are nothing

Where are we?
    No where but also somewhere

What is our purpose?
    We have no purpose, we exist and dont exist

Who are we?
    We are nothing(s)

Why are we here?
    We aren't.
    A memory that doesn't exist

Probably nothing ( like when you fall asleep with no thoughts )
    Do what the f* even is death?
    Death doesn't exist

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SydeWeiz View Post
    You would make a pretty good teacher in another time lane.
    Fun fact I actually teach piano and violin ( it's my job )

This thread has turned into a full debate on existence
    To thine own self be true,
    and it must follow,
    as the night the day,
    thou canst not then be false to any man.

I have read through Ubisoft's ToS and EULA, feel free to ask any questions!

You can't simply apply laws of physics if you have just broken them

Quote Originally Posted by Vale0203 View Post
    You can't simply apply laws of physics if you have just broken them
    Special relativity says we can
    and it must follow,
    as the night the day,

what.............................
    真の幸福を達成.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixcesar15 View Post
    Where this cycle starts from? Where the book actually came from?
    From the moment the book was delivered to me, after ordering it on eBay.
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

My latest video: A surreal GT video

The perfect game dosen't exi...
    https://i.imgur.com/zIZ2Suw.png

-DELETED-

It was just a theory.
    Last edited by IPedro; 07-31-2019 at 01:47 AM.
    Nice to meet you!

”Words are powerful.”

Thank you DavidDoesPBG for my avatar!

Special relativity says we can
    Social relativity is a mess. Unless you have the big brains, and I do not have the big brains.

I find YouTube good for learning stuff like this.

This has given me an idea. I'll make a thread within the next 24 hours on said topic that I have had an idea on. Go check that out when it comes.

So I did some research

The theory your suggesting is the same as the (Grandfather paradox) which goes as the following
    What if you go back in time kill you father and go back to the future
    As a result you grandfather is dead your dad isn't born you aren't born thus u didn't go back in time to kill your grandfather thus he is still alive and you are too

Now you would see this as a never ending loop but its not its closer to being 2 histories happening in parallel
    Subatomic particles do regular different stuff in parallel which is called quantum superposition

quantum superposition the principle declares that for any given instant of time, the position and momentum of an electron or another subatomic particle cannot both be exactly determined and that a state where one of them has a definite value corresponds to a superposition of many states for the other

So if the universe exist in a superposition of 2 states so the universe will exist in a superposition state
    Meaning

Your grandfather is alive and dead and your alive and dead so the natural result is your grandfather is alive and your dead and your alive and your grandfather is dead
    So logically this timeline is rational and a paradox isn't made

In a nutshell time would be twisted into creating 2 parallel universes which use the values you gave it
    Join our Jahy-Sama discord server

https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:320x,crop:x800,quality:90x75/images/4a395a47cc1ac6d5c1141763cb3b5b1873f6b48f97bed31d31  0248a3523e00fb_1.jpg

wow I didn’t know every forumer here was secretly Albert Einstein
    IGN: Rovie
    Level: 72

I'll add some proof for your answer if you don't mind.

a form of "time travel" into the future is possible even though travel to the past is not. The Theory of Relativity tells us that the local rate at which reality changes actually varies depending on the local energy density (expressed by curvature of space-time). The "now" doesn't have to change everywhere at the same underlying rate! That's a marvelously unintuitive fact that required extensive experimental evidence before it was widely accepted. But we know it's true -- for example your GPS requires corrections for this fact or it wouldn't work right. The clocks in the satellites advance at a slightly different rate than the clocks on Earth. The effect is minuscule, but it's measurable. Astronauts age at an infinitesimally slower rate while they're in space.

We can create a larger effect by increasing the energies/velocities. A clock on a rocket ship traveling near the speed of light will tick much slower than an identical clock on Earth. To a person on the rocket, apparent time passes normally, because their biological processes and perceptions slow down just as much as the clock. The underlying rate at which reality progresses/changes slows on the rocket ship relative to everyone back on Earth. So a person on the rocket can return to Earth and he will have aged less than the people who stayed at home -- he could end up younger than his twin who stayed behind! It appears as if he travelled into the future, without ever leaving the now. This is where conceptions of time as a line really fall apart, but conceptions of time as the local rate underlying an "ever-changing now" work perfectly. There is no unique "reference time." There are just relative differences in rates.

So the "forward rate of change" can vary, which lets you "travel to the future" in a sense by slowing down your own fundamental rate of change relative to everyone else's. But the local rate can never go negative. According to Relativity, the rate at which clocks advance slows as the clock approaches the speed of light (or infinite local energy) but it's impossible for anything with mass to actually reach the speed of light. Massless particles (such as photons) travel at the speed of light and do not "subjectively experience" the passing of any time at all -- to a photon, when it leaves a light source it instantaneously arrives at its destination. But there is no solution to the equations of Relativity that have speeds faster than light or time running in reverse for any type of mass/energy that we have observed. It's a "square root of a negative number" type mathematical construct with no physical interpretation. So it doesn't make any mathematical sense for the local rate to go in reverse.

This is good, because running time in reverse would undo changes that already occurred, and this introduces the potential for all sorts of nasty paradoxes. For example, if you get into a hypothetical time reversing machine and it reverses your local rate inside the machine, the first thing to happen will be "rewinding" you getting into the machine. So you'll never make it any further back than your state at the moment you entered. Reversing the local rate is fundamentally self-defeating and therefore could not result in time travel paradoxes even if it were possible.

Time is a difficult subject to understand, and our intuitive understanding of it very often does not match the physical reality that science has measured in the universe. Time travel to the past is a perfect example of how an inaccurate mental model of time results in logical problems. The proper solution is to change our conceptions of time away from the primitive concept of a continuum we travel along, and instead consider it as an expression of the underlying rate of change of the universe.

Thanks for the compliment but I'm nowhere near "intelligent" lol
    Yowch! My brain hurts.
    "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is!" - Seth, Ex-developer of Growtopia
    Wheeee~~~~ I wheeeee for no reasons so don't mind me!

Guides

br0 wth my one brain cell is quaking it can't handle all of this
    pfp drawn by memo4ever

IGN: rrix

[❌]Level: 64/125
    [❌]Dls: 40/100
    [❌]Gems: 712k/1m
    [✔️]Dirt: 1/1

I am the memelord

End goal: Try out every part of gt

Now the problem is the book will eventually wear out to the point you can't read it clearly and fail to make the time machine. Then the cycle would stop because you in the past can't make the time machine thus you in the future giving the book to you in the past would dissapear because you in the past did not make any time machine.

Unless when you turned back time, the time which the book ages turns back too so it'd be the same condition as when the book was before you make time machine. But the problem with this is if you travel back to the time before you were born your time will turn back too and you'll dissapear because you haven't been born at that time.

Take this with a salt mine though, as i am only a high schooler. Please correct me if i wrong. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

Do humans even exist?
    DO I even exist?
    Who are we?
    Where are we?
    What is our purpose?
    Who are we?
    Why are we here?

Probably not.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm scared

I believe we are in a simulation played by a player named "God". Like we are when we're playing a simulation game from the 3D world looking at a screen which 2D, we are a 3D creatures created by God on a machine or something which he played in the 4D.

This thread is really interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    I am an anime trap

-Oma357
    https://discord.gg/PsscMY
    ^^ currently has nothing in it, but will sure be developed if people are joining it

Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    So I did some research

The theory your suggesting is the same as the (Grandfather paradox) which goes as the following
    What if you go back in time kill you father and go back to the future
    As a result you grandfather is dead your dad isn't born you aren't born thus u didn't go back in time to kill your grandfather thus he is still alive and you are too

Now you would see this as a never ending loop but its not its closer to being 2 histories happening in parallel
    Subatomic particles do regular different stuff in parallel which is called quantum superposition

quantum superposition the principle declares that for any given instant of time, the position and momentum of an electron or another subatomic particle cannot both be exactly determined and that a state where one of them has a definite value corresponds to a superposition of many states for the other

So if the universe exist in a superposition of 2 states so the universe will exist in a superposition state
    Meaning

Your grandfather is alive and dead and your alive and dead so the natural result is your grandfather is alive and your dead and your alive and your grandfather is dead
    So logically this timeline is rational and a paradox isn't made

In a nutshell time would be twisted into creating 2 parallel universes which use the values you gave it
    You can't ki** your grandfather if you can't travel back in time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Now the problem is the book will eventually wear out to the point you can't read it clearly and fail to make the time machine. Then the cycle would stop because you in the past can't make the time machine thus you in the future giving the book to you in the past would dissapear because you in the past did not make any time machine.

Unless when you turned back time, the time which the book ages turns back too so it'd be the same condition as when the book was before you make time machine. But the problem with this is if you travel back to the time before you were born your time will turn back too and you'll dissapear because you haven't been born at that time.

Take this with a salt mine though, as i am only a high schooler. Please correct me if i wrong. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe we are in a simulation played by a player named "God". Like we are when we're playing a simulation game from the 3D world looking at a screen which 2D, we are a 3D creatures created by God on a machine or something which he played in the 4D.

This thread is really interesting.
    This answer is for the "book will eventually wear out" part.
    While traveling to the future might theoretically be possible, travelling to the past certainly isn't.
    and it must follow,
    as the night the day,

You can't ki** your grandfather if you can't travel back in time
    Aren't we just imagining that time travel is possible?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
    wow I didn’t know every forumer here was secretly Albert Einstein
    No we are using long words thats all
    Join our Jahy-Sama discord server

https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:320x,crop:x800,quality:90x75/images/4a395a47cc1ac6d5c1141763cb3b5b1873f6b48f97bed31d31  0248a3523e00fb_1.jpg

Yea, the part about the book wearing down is the second Law of Thermodynamics I belive, the one which says that an object's entropy ALWAYS increases. Which backs you up,but as Chopin said you can't travel into the past.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Felixcesar15 View Post
    One day you just found a old book in your doormat,you cleaned a bit and you see that book titles is how to make a time machine,first you dont believe it,but after 30 mins of reading you realize this is real thing and all studies of time machine proving its fake get upside down,but you dont want to someone abuse it,so you bulit your time machine with tons of materials that your friends give to you and finally,time machibe portal is now open and you just went to 5 years ago where the book is not given,you just thrown the book at the doormat for your elder self,and you realized he doing same,and a question floats in your head.

Where this cycle starts from? Where the book actually came from?

If you answer the question correctly,you clearly superior.
    Weirdly enough I think of this type of thing quite often. And honestly, I’m pretty sure it’s a paradox. Because the fact is that if the book got there, then we can only assume it was you from the future who put it there for you in the present to find. And then you in the present moved it back for you in the past to find in time. And the you from the past will do the same thing to you in the PAST PAST, because he thinks he’s present you and that you’re future you. Confusing, I know. But what I’m trying to say is that in this situation, there really isn’t a creator to the book unless he’s a separate person who probably intended for you to find the book. Most likely a time traveler as well. This could go many layers deep but I’m going to stop right there

EDIT: Well wait, i just realized if it’s an infinite loop then there’s no start nor end. That means the separate guy couldnt’ve given a version of you the book because that would imply a starting point. There really is no explanation for this other than it’s a paradox

- - - Updated - - -

This brings up a good point because theoretically if it’s an infinite loop, that SHOULD mean you’d touch the same exact spots on the same exact pages, wearing down the pages with your skin oils. Interesting.
    This whole account is one giant post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ica View Post

This brings up a good point because theoretically if it’s an infinite loop, that SHOULD mean you’d touch the same exact spots on the same exact pages, wearing down the pages with your skin oils. Interesting.
    Yes, the second law of thermodynamics states this. Just cuz it's time travel, doesn't mean entropy stops or ceases to exist. Entropy continues to increase. Therefore this is an impossible senario and feel the OP impossible, unless basic laws of physics are disregarded.