Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] August 2019 Update

It's business 101.

You sell a unique item of the month a person spends 200,000. Naturally people will buy this item just to sell trying to turn gems into wls. This in turn makes the iotm drop in value to a point it's cheaper to buy in wls than with 200,000 gems.

So who actually loses in this situation? The answer is the middle men who try to trade around this iotm all while it continues to lose value. They have hopes it will be popular and rise but forget players with millions of gems are flooding the market and will continue to flood the market until the value drops to a point it isn't worth it.

So naturally the next evolution to the iotm scheme is multiple colors with one color being rare. Now the same person that would spend 200,000 before is now spending way more in hopes of getting the rare color. Now only some of the players spending millions of gems will hit the rare but the outcome is the same. The market will be flooded, even with the rare color eventually dropping the value to the point it's not worth the gems.

The middle men still get involved because of hope but still lose out. The only real winner is that guy or girl that feels like a boss wearing that new item.

The only iotm that will have value is the out of the ordinary stuff like Rayman special punch or magplant seed skill. The clothes are all going to drop.

The next time a new kind of lock or item comes out that is actually unique besides clothes I'm buying as many as I can and sitting.

My advice is to stay away from iotm unless you have a ton of gems or really want the item for yourself and not to profit.

As the dev have said before,they will only release a pure cosmetic IOTM, no special power. So dont ever expect a good/usefull IOTM.
    About the RNG system, you are a lucky guy who got the rarest one and sold it fot 135wls. But you dont like it? Remember about the IOTM before they make it into different colour,just like shadow spirit,monarch,growformer. They drop to 1DL so quickly.
    Most of IOTM will drop to less than 1DL,including rayman fist which reach 90wls before its rising. But i dont get why people keep spending gems on it,and why people keep buying it even they know it will drop.
    So basically they who buy it ,is the one who wanna have it.
    If dont like them,so why you buy them and then complain about it.
    IGN : Kihiro
    Cheap Bountiful item block/seed/root at BountifulShop \(^_^)/

Goal :
    -Have fun in game : 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jothealpha View Post
    I kind of feel that the shades of all the colours are same. Like the designs are the same. So complete designs for all the shades.
    GREAT!
    But now, the iotm rlly looks bad, and that causes its value to go down.
    I bought from the shop a astro shade and got the rare red, but to my disappointment, it's nothing great and so I sold it at 135wls
    Maybe u should make the iotm have equal chance of the same colour
    Make it so that there's no rare colour
    That will make iotm better I guess

- - - Updated - - -

4.5/10 for the iotm design, kind of looks bad
    2.5/10 for the rare red colour, nothing unique and also I can't profit too (mostly this reason)

The designs are exactly the same, so why have a rare colour?
    I agree. I love the purple one, but it just does not work with ANYTHING. It looks SO bad with anything other than bald head because hair overlaps it and it just looks choppy with the ugly spike sticking out the side, while hair covers(?) It.
    IGN: Emblazon

Joined Growtopia: July 25th, 2014
    Main World: EMBLAZON
    Level: 54
    Goals: (3/4 Completed)
    Reach Level 50: (50/50)
    Play Growtopia for 4 years: (4/4)
    Own a BUY World: (.98/1)
    Own Seil Orbs: (2/200)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jothealpha View Post
    I kind of feel that the shades of all the colours are same. Like the designs are the same. So complete designs for all the shades.
    GREAT!
    But now, the iotm rlly looks bad, and that causes its value to go down.
    I bought from the shop a astro shade and got the rare red, but to my disappointment, it's nothing great and so I sold it at 135wls
    Maybe u should make the iotm have equal chance of the same colour
    Make it so that there's no rare colour
    That will make iotm better I guess

- - - Updated - - -

4.5/10 for the iotm design, kind of looks bad
    2.5/10 for the rare red colour, nothing unique and also I can't profit too (mostly this reason)

The designs are exactly the same, so why have a rare colour?
    rised price to about 400 lol you profit too early
    Youtube:Lightvolts
    IGN:Lightvolts
    level:84

https://media.giphy.com/media/Vbylji...mSjB/giphy.gif

mods fix giphy pls ^ i sad

and when upload it, no work

[i miss old image gif
    bring back] I need them

Hey guys! Thanks for your feedback about the IOTM. Will definitely share your thoughts to the team.

However, we have an existing feedback thread for this. We'd appreciate if you share your thoughts about the IOTM there.

Merging this thread with that in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by lightvolts View Post
    rised price to about 400 lol you profit too early
    Ya I hate myself for that but I made myself clear that gt is just a game, profiting is just part of it, I sold it as I want to buy other iotms like monarch wings so it's me on the losing end

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Hey guys! Thanks for your feedback about the IOTM. Will definitely share your thoughts to the team.

However, we have an existing feedback thread for this. We'd appreciate if you share your thoughts about the IOTM there.

OK thanks but the feedback thread isn't showing on the top yesterday I checkef

- - - Updated - - -

still has the same problem, it's better the feedback forum for the IOTM stays at the top as that forum disappeared from the 1st page
    Yeeeeeet )))))))))))
    I break chands every day how about u?

Quote Originally Posted by ScammePlse View Post
    He wants to take his chances after reading the RNG description provided underneath the iotm. Clearly he got jebaited by it.

Buys the iotm.

People and their excuses after getting iotm:

B-but this iotm looks ugly.
    B-but this iotm is rare AND ugly.
    But I didn't profit.
    B-but this color isn't rare
    B-but I brought this for 200k gems.

Never: But woah, this might be good for another set.
    Lmao very true, negative feedback on IOTMs always

especially.. these two:

Quote Originally Posted by ScammePlse View Post
    But I didn't profit.

B-but I brought this for 200k gems.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AntiScamV View Post
    As the dev have said before,they will only release a pure cosmetic IOTM, no special power. So dont ever expect a good/usefull IOTM.
    About the RNG system, you are a lucky guy who got the rarest one and sold it fot 135wls. But you dont like it? Remember about the IOTM before they make it into different colour,just like shadow spirit,monarch,growformer. They drop to 1DL so quickly.
    Most of IOTM will drop to less than 1DL,including rayman fist which reach 90wls before its rising. But i dont get why people keep spending gems on it,and why people keep buying it even they know it will drop.
    So basically they who buy it ,is the one who wanna have it.
    If dont like them,so why you buy them and then complain about it.
    These are.. facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    My advice is to stay away from iotm unless you have a ton of gems or really want the item for yourself and not to profit.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant

Squire

Heya!

Our IOTM is out plus there's a new Subscriber's Item for this month! Read more about it here.

Share your feedback below! We'd love to know your thoughts about the first half of our update.

XoXo,

NekoRei
    Astro Shades design was ripped straight from the Gurren Lagann anime and pixelated. Only inspiration seemed to be the spiral-beam when shooting. No range and block break-time difference from a Pickaxe even though its a IOTM, costing a player 200,000 Gems.

My suggestion is to increase range by 2+ (1+ if you think that is too much but remember Gurren Lagann was always about doing the impossible) and add a glare effect to the shades that appears every 3-4 seconds to really give it that epic feel.

DO THE IMPOSSIBLE! BREAK THE UNBREAKABLE! ROW, ROW, FIGHT THE POWER!
    Let's introduce the Console Community to a whole new style of gameplay experience, Growtopia!

chicken plow bug
    ign : Dr. VerdantGate
    https://www.instagram.com/dr.verdantgate/?hl=id
    Prepare For Harvest Festival

yo nekorei.. can u atleast reply to this problem? i think everybody start flippin in this thread

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ith-plow/page2
    Last edited by deangga; 08-03-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Serf

Smile

I hope the next IOTM (sept-end) Have Cool design at least. Quite dissapointed for This august IOTM, same as like Genie lamp. I think Growtopia designer can make Iotm like Nightking/ghastly robe/galactic destructor. Or foot item with double jump mod? Looks cool! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Deno855 View Post
    Is PAW out tomorrow?
    According to MrSongo, yes it is. But how could we know if he is a reliable source? It has been rumored that it is tomorrow, and it usually goes from monday-saturday or sunday I believe and it would make the most sense to do it tomorrow instead of the following week.

- - - Updated - - -

Heya!

Our IOTM is out plus there's a new Subscriber's Item for this month! Read more about it here.

Share your feedback below! We'd love to know your thoughts about the first half of our update.

XoXo,

NekoRei
    I think us as the growtopia community, has to come up with something more original, the design of the new iotm is dope. But the concept of having four different versions of the item is getting old, back in the first few iotm's were home runs. Ubisoft hit it out of the park with the Rayman's Fist, Magplant 5000's, Growscans, etc. But we could try to come up with something that is different and something new. Something that could fix everyday issues/annoyances. Maybe like a new pet with a special effect, or a new hand item.

Lesser Knight

Default Value

Is it really necessary that the prices of IOTM is different from each others?

Lightbulb Dear Developers...

I still support Good Looking, non-powerful/useful IOTMs, just have a look at 2017 and 2018 IOTMs here, they were perfectly balanced, having good mods and being unique and well designed, and that's what made the community accept them.

See for example Prismatic Aura, Zephyr Helmet, or even Ghastly Robe. They had a very good design and nice mods, but the particles they had were just amazing and that combination is what a decent Growtopian would like to see.

Now, 2018 IOTMs such as Raptor Legs, Cloak of Hovenation, Go-Go-Growformer!, Shadow Spirit of the Underworld, Will of the Wild or Epoch Machine, those were great ones. Each one had unique features that made them unique and cool, just see the "SpiritHead" from the Shadow Spirit, the whole-body- transformation from the Growformer, the "element-friendly" mods from the Will of the Wild or the particles and interactions from the Cloak of Hovernation and the Raptor Legs.

Every single IOTM that was released between 2017 and 2018 was just astonishingly balanced, but when 2019 came with the brand new colour separation for the same item, the visual effects were gone, they didn't seem to be an unique item, but just another Cosmetic, being the most atractive thing their sprites, which weren't enough for the Honor that an IOTM should have.

Hope this feedback help you, you're doing a great job with community-related troubles!
    Thank you for reading!
    IGN: LegenPhenix
    Level: 59/125

"Darker things await beyond, and of your world, they are not fond. Seek a rift, a gash, a void wrenched wide, for answers lurk on the other side."

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Why all say paw tomorrow? If we look history, it has been every other year late in August and every other early in August. And well, last year it was early, so should be late this year
    And it has never been this early. Well, i hope it wont start in this week..
    Very good point, I don't think any of us really thought of it that way. Everyone is mainly excited for PAW because it's the funnest part of the growtopia year.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    Iotm suck i didnt profit
    u suck u profit
    h

Seriously? This is one of the worst IOTMs ever! Ubisoft really did a good job on Rayman and Magplant, they weren't gamebreaking at all and was really good for profits! The recent IOTMs are bad,why is it all cosmetic? I can't even profit a single world lock. Horrible!
    Current Status
    - Single parent of two
    - Dating
    - 67 years old
    - Professional Growtopia E-Sports player

Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    Seriously? This is one of the worst IOTMs ever! Ubisoft really did a good job on Rayman and Magplant, they weren't gamebreaking at all and was really good for profits! The recent IOTMs are bad,why is it all cosmetic? I can't even profit a single world lock. Horrible!
    Imperialism detected on Soviet soil. Lethal forge engaged
    h

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    Imperialism detected on Soviet soil. Lethal forge engaged
    Deploying T-34...
    I quitted
    REEEEEE

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by LegenSceptil View Post
    I still support Good Looking, non-powerful/useful IOTMs, just have a look at 2017 and 2018 IOTMs here, they were perfectly balanced, having good mods and being unique and well designed, and that's what made the community accept them.

See for example Prismatic Aura, Zephyr Helmet, or even Ghastly Robe. They had a very good design and nice mods, but the particles they had were just amazing and that combination is what a decent Growtopian would like to see.

Now, 2018 IOTMs such as Raptor Legs, Cloak of Hovenation, Go-Go-Growformer!, Shadow Spirit of the Underworld, Will of the Wild or Epoch Machine, those were great ones. Each one had unique features that made them unique and cool, just see the "SpiritHead" from the Shadow Spirit, the whole-body- transformation from the Growformer, the "element-friendly" mods from the Will of the Wild or the particles and interactions from the Cloak of Hovernation and the Raptor Legs.

Every single IOTM that was released between 2017 and 2018 was just astonishingly balanced, but when 2019 came with the brand new colour separation for the same item, the visual effects were gone, they didn't seem to be an unique item, but just another Cosmetic, being the most atractive thing their sprites, which weren't enough for the Honor that an IOTM should have.

Hope this feedback help you, you're doing a great job with community-related troubles!
    Thank you for reading!
    Thanks now I understand