Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Growtopia needs a NERF

Default Growtopia needs a NERF

Most of you will probably deny what I will say here, because they're making game easier but this game is fun when it's not easy.

TARGET 1 - MAGPLANTS
    Magplants ~ aka Autofarmer income. When it's introduced we've seen huge amount of players started autofarming. And it's really easy for them to punch a block at same position and making it way too easy to do such bot.

What's the solution?
    Limit magplant remote, like wrench the magplant then obtain 200 block from it adn you'll need to go back to get these blocks from magplant again. Might not stop all of them but will be effective I believe.

TARGET 2 - VENDING MACHINES
    What happened to all those oldschool shops where you punch to get owner? They died a d you know why. Another toy making player's lives easier, I can feel many people owning a vend shop will disagree with that but hey, admit that you had more fun at Growtopia before it was in game.

Whats the solution?
    Vending machines will be limited to stock up to 200 items.

TARGET 3 - PINEAPPLE GUARDIAN
    You can't use consumables here. And ghost jars as well? So what's the point of having Ghost Charm then? Pineapple Guardian is even effective you don't even need Firehouse to prevent your world from these fires. Pineapple Guardian is even cheaper than Charm.

What's the solution?
    Balance it in some way.

TARGET 4 - GROWTOKENS (with solution)
    What was their point when they got added to game? We were earning them from our worlds, now they're part of the Growtopia economy as it's slowly turning from creative worlds to trading. Bring back the first Growtoken system back, (the one before the rating system) no matter of it's easy or hard to get them, it'll rise the active playerbase.

What's the solution?
    Bring back old token system, remove Growtoken from Locke and Sales-man.

TARGET 5 - UNSPLICEABLE ITEMS
    Toilets aren't grown on the trees anymore, there are many ways to obtain items other than splicing seeds. We DO really need to bring back Growtopia's real point getting blocks and stuff from splicing seeds. If there are 50 unspliceable item, there should be 100 item can be obtained by splicing. These seeds could be hard to obtain, but at least add more stuff that we can get by splicing. I remember recipe teams were finding recipes mostly from splicing seeds, I don't think they're still focusing on splicing seeds as there aren't really anything.

I need to mention that again, most of you probably will disagree with that but remember Seth and Hamumu were nerfing stuff at ucoming events, maybe not to all of them but they were doing. I can't see there are any actions taken to balance items. Ubisoft doing their best and I appreciate that, but us players should accept some facts and help them improve game.

From my aspect; Ubisoft has an idea of if they add an item, they can't make changes on it or nerf. Just like they didn't touch the Royal Lock but solved it with another addition. Also I can feel they didn't want to touch to magplant and rayman, not saying they're sensitive. They should be of course sensitive on such actions but if something needs to be done it has to be even if it's something playerbase won't agree. To give an example remember the System Update, removal of gem drops from ATMs, nerf of Cosmic Cape literally dropped from 200 DLs to 200 WLs. But they balanced the game, we need such actions.

I'm open for suggestions and feedback to thread.
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

Quote Originally Posted by Phemus View Post
    What was their point when they got added to game? We were earning them from our worlds, now they're part of the Growtopia economy as it's slowly turning from creative worlds to trading. Bring back the first Growtoken system back, (the one before the rating system) no matter of it's easy or hard to get them, it'll rise the active playerbase.

What's the solution?
    I highly support this, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    Why we changed token system?

Growtokens were a noble experiment that seems to have failed pretty badly. The intent was to get people making good worlds, since they knew they'd need to attract people to their world to earn the tokens. Unfortunately, it is human nature to seek the most reward for the least effort, so instead it led to a surge of people making terrible worlds (usually scams) and working really hard to trick people into visiting them (really guys, "wait here 5 min to get a WL"? Whee, what fun!).
    Hamumu post: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post2617381
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Toilets aren't grown on the trees anymore, there are many ways to obtain items other than splicing seeds. We DO really need to bring back Growtopia's real point getting blocks and stuff from splicing seeds. If there are 50 unspliceable item, there should be 100 item can be obtained by splicing. These seeds could be hard to obtain, but at least add more stuff that we can get by splicing. I remember recipe teams were finding recipes mostly from splicing seeds, I don't think they're still focusing on splicing seeds as there aren't really anything.
    Also agree on this, Almost(%95of them) all new blocks after 2018 coming from event rewards..
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; GrowPass in GrowTopia!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    I highly support this, but...

Hamumu post: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post2617381
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Also agree on this, Almost(%95of them) all new blocks after 2018 coming from event rewards..
    Good points! Stated all the facts!

#HATGANG
    I spend a lot of time on the forums..

Been playing Growtopia since mid 2013.

Welcome to the multiverse.

Target 1 β€” Definitely agree with this concept. Other than the autofarmers, this also might encourage players to collect their gems ASAP to avoid getting their gems scammed by owners or via disconnecting.

Target 2 β€” +1. Although people could just restock it immediately, this seems pretty efficient for player interactions. (200 may be too low, a few thousands may suffice)

Target 3 β€” Ghost Jars, War Balloons, and Pocket Lighters should definitely be of a different category. This isn't much of a big deal, but I'd like to see this changed.
    IGN: PixelJr
    Guild: Beta (GL)
    Instagram: @iampixeljr
    Discord: PixelJr#7411
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

Banned

So if i resume, buy+ will be ruined and we will be back with all the trades a-z. BAD.
    nerf magplant is nerfing bfgs. All people *almost* who have magplant is their whole carrer going down. Growtokens are fine and has long will be unchanged.

If you just came back from the game then welcome back ! If you still want to grind then say bye to ALOT of influencers.

Most of you will probably deny what I will say here, because they're making game easier but this game is fun when it's not easy.

TARGET 1 - MAGPLANTS
    Magplants ~ aka Autofarmer income. When it's introduced we've seen huge amount of players started autofarming. And it's really easy for them to punch a block at same position and making it way too easy to do such bot.

What's the solution?
    Limit magplant remote, like wrench the magplant then obtain 200 block from it adn you'll need to go back to get these blocks from magplant again. Might not stop all of them but will be effective I believe.

TARGET 2 - VENDING MACHINES
    What happened to all those oldschool shops where you punch to get owner? They died a d you know why. Another toy making player's lives easier, I can feel many people owning a vend shop will disagree with that but hey, admit that you had more fun at Growtopia before it was in game.

Whats the solution?
    Vending machines will be limited to stock up to 200 items.

TARGET 3 - PINEAPPLE GUARDIAN
    You can't use consumables here. And ghost jars as well? So what's the point of having Ghost Charm then? Pineapple Guardian is even effective you don't even need Firehouse to prevent your world from these fires. Pineapple Guardian is even cheaper than Charm.

What's the solution?
    Balance it in some way.

What's the solution?

I need to mention that again, most of you probably will disagree with that but remember Seth and Hamumu were nerfing stuff at ucoming events, maybe not to all of them but they were doing. I can't see there are any actions taken to balance items. Ubisoft doing their best and I appreciate that, but us players should accept some facts and help them improve game.

From my aspect; Ubisoft has an idea of if they add an item, they can't make changes on it or nerf. Just like they didn't touch the Royal Lock but solved it with another addition. Also I can feel they didn't want to touch to magplant and rayman, not saying they're sensitive. They should be of course sensitive on such actions but if something needs to be done it has to be even if it's something playerbase won't agree. To give an example remember the System Update, removal of gem drops from ATMs, nerf of Cosmic Cape literally dropped from 200 DLs to 200 WLs. But they balanced the game, we need such actions.

I'm open for suggestions and feedback to thread.
    Target 1: might be controversial but isn't a terrible idea.

Target 2: No, this is stupid. You can run an old shop if you want but it was extremely time consuming and inconvenient if you were ever looking for a buyer or a seller of an item.

Target 3: No, this is stupid. Firehouse is still needed due to there being natural events in gt that spawn fires in worlds. Ghost Charm is still useful if you only want to block ghosts and not everything else.

Target 4: The old growtoken system sucked for anyone who was not the owner of a famous world. It encouraged scam parkour/minigame worlds and would only favor the incredibly rich who owned top 200 worlds. The new growtoken system allows for a much more diverse range of skills and ways to obtain growtokens and is much better for just about everybody, earning 10 growtokens a day just for owning a famous BUY+ world is a terrible system.

Target 5: Okay there are two fronts to this question. On one hand I agree that it would be nice to see a new update focused on seeds and splicing, even if it is just with seeds that are already introduced. That being said "recipe hunting" with splicable items is a joke, you just spam SOG's until you get the recipe. Finding items has been much more interactive and interesting when there are unique new ways and forms to craft these items other than just trivial splicing, in encourages community wide effort and interaction with the developers if the community is stuck for long enough.

Overall you hold a very, very old minded view of the game and it seems that you seem to discourage change in order to attempt to bring back the fond memories you had while playing growtopia when you were newer. The same has been said for games like minecraft millions of times. Change is not a bad thing as it allows the playerbase to participate in a much larger array of activities and has added so much more content.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

autofarmers isnt stupid they will find another way
    like auto fishing... fishing have a random time to catch but how it work???
    vending price will rising
    ign : Dr. VerdantGate
    https://www.instagram.com/dr.verdantgate/?hl=id
    Prepare For Harvest Festival

+1
    Where are the traditional splicing items like I wanna find stuff by splicing seeds and also working out puzzles like the wiz staff
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 64
    Gems: 263k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

Quote Originally Posted by Deno855 View Post
    +1
    Where are the traditional splicing items like I wanna find stuff by splicing seeds and also working out puzzles like the wiz staff
    Lol omg i remember when that was such a big deal
    IGN: Emblazon

Joined Growtopia: July 25th, 2014
    Main World: EMBLAZON
    Level: 54
    Goals: (3/4 Completed)
    Reach Level 50: (50/50)
    Play Growtopia for 4 years: (4/4)
    Own a BUY World: (.98/1)
    Own Seil Orbs: (2/200)

Quote Originally Posted by Emblazon View Post
    Lol omg i remember when that was such a big deal
    I miss it man like even that and the illuminati block like UBISOFT need to make something challenging for players to crack
    TRUE OG

It would be cool if Ubisofft brought back the old Growtoken system, but not take away the current one. Growtokens were a huge influence for creative mini game worlds like dragon gate pvp and spleef, but it seems to be nonexistent nowadays. Although there will be more mini game scam parkours, the next wave of Growtopia Guardians can help manage with those situations.
    My Instagram profile - @FuryTurtle

IGN: FuryTurtle

Message me for free harvester service

Quote Originally Posted by FuryTurtleGT View Post
    It would be cool if Ubisofft brought back the old Growtoken system, but not take away the current one. Growtokens were a huge influence for creative mini game worlds like dragon gate pvp and spleef, but it seems to be nonexistent nowadays. Although there will be more mini game scam parkours, the next wave of Growtopia Guardians can help manage with those situations.
    Yeah true give game guardians / mods a chance to help and do something for the community the mini game scam parkours are so toxic
    TRUE OG

Yes, they should definitely make it harder to use, it will definitely slow down the auto farmers.

Yes, vending machines definitely took a part of growtopia out of it. People should trade more with players and interact. I've thought about this before. Ofcourse, there are certain things, which you just don't wanna bother with making yourself or trying to look for a seller other than a vending machine, so there should be some sort of change to the vending machine for that.

A firehouse will make the fire go away, if it's in your world. Like let's say the ''Special Event: Wildfire'' comes, then the Firehouse can come quite handy + it's not that expensive.
    There are certain situations where you want people to have access to using consumables, while still not being able to use ghost in jars, like let's say you want people to spray your trees. They need to use growsprays (a consumable) and they can't use any ghost in jars to epic prank you.

I'd love for the old growtoken system to return. Maybe because it would be super easy for me since I'm kind of a celebrity in the game (it's no big deal or anything, kind of the pillar of Growtopia, but ok). And honestly, who cares about the fake minigame maps and scams. They don't technically hurt anyone. Nobody is getting scammed. Minigames are fun. Your prize is fun. You shouldn't expect anything from them, like any parkour map out right now - you don't get anything for completing it.

Definitely. More splicing. I think everyone would love that.
    Thinking about you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZStepXD View Post

Yes, they should definitely make it harder to use, it will definitely slow down the auto farmers.

Yes, vending machines definitely took a part of growtopia out of it. People should trade more with players and interact. I've thought about this before. Ofcourse, there are certain things, which you just don't wanna bother with making yourself or trying to look for a seller other than a vending machine, so there should be some sort of change to the vending machine for that.

A firehouse will make the fire go away, if it's in your world. Like let's say the ''Special Event: Wildfire'' comes, then the Firehouse can come quite handy + it's not that expensive.
    There are certain situations where you want people to have access to using consumables, while still not being able to use ghost in jars, like let's say you want people to spray your trees. They need to use growsprays (a consumable) and they can't use any ghost in jars to epic prank you.

I'd love for the old growtoken system to return. Maybe because it would be super easy for me since I'm kind of a celebrity in the game (it's no big deal or anything, kind of the pillar of Growtopia, but ok). And honestly, who cares about the fake minigame maps and scams. They don't technically hurt anyone. Nobody is getting scammed. Minigames are fun. Your prize is fun. You shouldn't expect anything from them, like any parkour map out right now - you don't get anything for completing it.

Definitely. More splicing. I think everyone would love that.
    For once in my life I actually agree with u ZStep
    TRUE OG

Quote Originally Posted by Deno855 View Post
    For once in my life I actually agree with u ZStep
    dude I just posted that. theres no way you read the entire thing already
    Thinking about you.

In My Closet Where I Get a Millisecond of Sunlight a Year

Argument Against Category 3, I mostly agree with everything else

As for pine guards, there should be a catch all blocker. Think about it, would you want to have a ghost charm, fire house, food stopper, balloon stopper, and all the other consumables you can use blocked one by one? No, most certainly not. But then you may ask, what good is a ghost charm? Say some ghosts your world before it's pine guarded, then, you can still get spooked, however more can't be added. The pine guard is a nerf in a way to the ghost charm, but it doesn't make it 100% useless
    https://i.postimg.cc/Gm4jPsqW/Prismino.png
    <Make your GT wish come true by clicking here! (NOT CLICKBAIT) (GONE WRONG) (IN THE HOOD)>
    Knowledge is power
    Manners Maketh Man
    https://i.imgur.com/dmgg6rQ.png

NOPE the only one that I agree is the magplant and while you’re at it remove the roulette wheel like seriously what point does it serve outside of casino XD

The rest are too well ingrained in the game it would harm the game more than it would help.

Gaurdian pineapple doesn't prevent ghost from spawning when world is inactive for too long.

They already buff ghost charm, letting it having a higher drop rate from the ssu.

Old growtoken system is gud, but it generate alot of token scammers which is toxic for the community.
    [ IGN ]: PandoRika
    [ Instagram ]: @pando_rika

About me:

I'm a man of culture, true master of gender equality, keyboard warrior, a Chad of growtopia.

Leader of LEWD and DevilArc

1. Basically, make it unused after put 200 blocks. might a controversial, but its not bad. maybe 350 or 500 would be reasonable
    2. if 500/1000, its reasonable. so anyone could buy from vend
    3. Sure, need balance. Make firehouse can be collected by put out 5000 fires and makes wildfire spawned every 1 month in some worlds (wildfire event, 12 hours to defeat gigantic fire that burns out almost of all world-locked world (not sl/hl, just wl locked world), wildfire cant spawn in firehoused world
    4. Yes, uhm. no words
    5. Lets prepare the seeds for splicing bois
    Quote Originally Posted by JamSandwich View Post
    Are you looking to be banned?

Some other solution to autofarming that does not hurt the bfg owner would be prefered but otherwise +1
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG