Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Growtopia needs a NERF

Title is misleading: on the contrary, it needs a buff, despite how many updates we've had, nothing beats pure old smashing and planting in terms of gems - not even Bountiful Roots.

Target 1: Magplants

Yep these really could use a fix, BFGs are crazy overpowered. The nerf you suggested wouldn't work, it would just create an inconvenience.

Alternate solution is destroy BFG monopoly by releasing magplant functionality in another IOTM. 2 issues, first is people whining about the price dropping drastically - this could be resolved by announcing a year in advance that in 1 year magplant functionality would return - fairly gradual drop apart from an initial big drop. 2nd issue is it would undermine Builder Role recipe rewards, however builder role could use this as a chance to get some different items - rather than be focused entirely on crafting powered-down magplants.

Target 2: Vending Machines

Vending machines are such a staple in the game that at this point nerfing them would not only be difficult with vends already stacked past 200, but also extremely inconvenient. I disagree with this suggestion.

Target 3: Pineapple Guardian

Nerfing this would be bad, it's a nice item to have in a world - it's cost is on par with Ghost Charm anyway - and it blocks people from using consumables on you AS WELL AS preventing ghosts from being released in your world. Pineapple Guardian preventing Pocket Lighters is a bonus it needs to keep, however I wouldn't be against Firehouses also preventing Pocket Lighters/Eldritch's Flames from being used in a world. The reason Firehouses are still useful are that there is an event called Wildfires where fire spawns all over your world, and when cooking without water on the oven there is a chance your oven will set on fire.

Also it's not like Pineapple Guardian is on all the time, the downside is you need to turn it off sometimes, to use items such as Megaphones. The Ghost Charm has 2 functionalities, 1 is blocking ghosts being released and the other is blocking ghosts from spawning, the latter is a feature the Pineapple Guardian doesn't have. You can leave a world inactive and not stress about ghosts spawning OR you can leave a Pineapple Guardian off to use consumables, without worrying about people spawning ghosts in.

Target 4: GrowTokens

This will not make the playerbase more active, the method they are currently obtained is far better than it has ever been. It's a well-balanced method that makes it equally fair for players to obtain them.

Target 5: Unspliceable Items

This is the only subject that I *kind of* agree on, too many unspliceable items these days, but at the same time, the game isn't what it used to be, all items can be spliced by buying seeds and these spliced items will drop in value. Future updates with revisions to previous updates, such as a revisit to Startopia, for example, could include several different spliceable recipes of items that tie into the update. I very much disagree with them all being rarity: 100, one of the main issues with how Growtopia used to be is the time it takes for trees to grow, I know it would have made farming overpowered, but it also made it really inconvenient to get blocks easily.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Support my Dolphin Suit suggestion please:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Set&p=4137275

200 items for the magplant and vending machine is wayyyyy too limited.
    To thine own self be true,
    and it must follow,
    as the night the day,
    thou canst not then be false to any man.

I have read through Ubisoft's ToS and EULA, feel free to ask any questions!

i +1 but imo we should just remove gtokens entirely

I'm fooken 12 and hate life. Fook school
    Slowly building up a fake persona~
    Discord: scr0nchi#1435

Attachment 223346
    -tq rimouiii

Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3as

[

Almost disagree with all of your statement,except the unspliceable item
    IGN : Kihiro
    Cheap Bountiful item block/seed/root at BountifulShop \(^_^)/

Goal :
    -Have fun in game : 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by Warfreak10 View Post
    autofarmers isnt stupid they will find another way
    like auto fishing... fishing have a random time to catch but how it work???
    vending price will rising
    Yeah, again his suggestion hurts only legit farmers, while autofarmer, makes his bot to take this remote always without doing anything himself. Ppl doesn't see that most of their suggestions would hurt always just legit farmers. They just ignore this fact that autofarmer can make his bot to do what ever. I once saw autofarmer who collected gems after each broken block, so they can actually move and i'm sure they could wrench mags too.

And pine guard, it helps only in ghost pranks, but it wont help if ghosts spawn in world cause it's old world. So you actually need charm if you want protect your world from ghosts, what aren't planted there.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    Target 1: Magplants
    Alternate solution is destroy BFG monopoly by releasing magplant functionality in another IOTM. 2 issues, first is people whining about the price dropping drastically - this could be resolved by announcing a year in advance that in 1 year magplant functionality would return - fairly gradual drop apart from an initial big drop. 2nd issue is it would undermine Builder Role recipe rewards, however builder role could use this as a chance to get some different items - rather than be focused entirely on crafting powered-down magplants.
    Yeah I'm also thinking Ubisoft have an idea of not returning items on same functionality and that's wrong. Instead of adding issue on issue release less powered (unlike Teserract) magplant obtainable im some way other than IOTM.

Target 3: Pineapple Guardian

Nerfing this would be bad, it's a nice item to have in a world - it's cost is on par with Ghost Charm anyway - and it blocks people from using consumables on you AS WELL AS preventing ghosts from being released in your world. Pineapple Guardian preventing Pocket Lighters is a bonus it needs to keep, however I wouldn't be against Firehouses also preventing Pocket Lighters/Eldritch's Flames from being used in a world. The reason Firehouses are still useful are that there is an event called Wildfires where fire spawns all over your world, and when cooking without water on the oven there is a chance your oven will set on fire.

Also it's not like Pineapple Guardian is on all the time, the downside is you need to turn it off sometimes, to use items such as Megaphones. The Ghost Charm has 2 functionalities, 1 is blocking ghosts being released and the other is blocking ghosts from spawning, the latter is a feature the Pineapple Guardian doesn't have. You can leave a world inactive and not stress about ghosts spawning OR you can leave a Pineapple Guardian off to use consumables, without worrying about people spawning ghosts in.
    I still believe it needs to be nerfed based on its price, making them harder to obtain is could work. It needs to be balanced compared to other availabilities.

Target 4: GrowTokens

This will not make the playerbase more active, the method they are currently obtained is far better than it has ever been. It's a well-balanced method that makes it equally fair for players to obtain them.
    It's not only ruining the point of Growtokens, it also turns game into profit game other than building creative worlds. So what a person get after creating creative worlds today? WOTD? It's not enough for that amount of builders. Growtokens should be available to get by worlds in some way as it both rewarding the world owner and bringing back its point.
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Phemus View Post
    Most of you will probably deny what I will say here, because they're making game easier but this game is fun when it's not easy.

The game is really not fun when it’s riddled with inconveniences. I don’t understand why you would want to bring the game back to its old days. Apparently it’s because manually running a shop and every single time you need something you have to wait for the owner is “fun.” Because having to pay an exorbitant amount to block consumables is “fun.” Because having an inconvenienced magplant is “fun.”

Also, bring back the old growtoken system will not increase the active player base - why would it? People who want growtokens would just abuse the system, not build good worlds.
    This space is empty, just like the space in my skull.

TARGET 3 - PINEAPPLE GUARDIAN
    You can't use consumables here. And ghost jars as well? So what's the point of having Ghost Charm then? Pineapple Guardian is even effective you don't even need Firehouse to prevent your world from these fires. Pineapple Guardian is even cheaper than Charm.

What's the solution?
    Balance it in some way.
    But how do you balance it? The price is set by the community, where people thinks it is worth it or not.

Everything else seems to be very good.
    "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is!" - Seth, Ex-developer of Growtopia
    Wheeee~~~~ I wheeeee for no reasons so don't mind me!

Alliances
    *Paarthurnax pouts at Alduin*

+1 i want splicing back. It's my favourite part of the game and it's dying out.

TARGET 2 - VENDING MACHINES
    What happened to all those oldschool shops where you punch to get owner? They died a d you know why. Another toy making player's lives easier, I can feel many people owning a vend shop will disagree with that but hey, admit that you had more fun at Growtopia before it was in game.
    Hell no, ssp shops, profit shops and others exist ya know. It's not a big deal either

Why don't just remove vend? It will bring back the 'old school' trading.
    All is fair in love and war

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    Target 5: Unspliceable Items

This is the only subject that I *kind of* agree on, too many unspliceable items these days, but at the same time, the game isn't what it used to be, all items can be spliced by buying seeds and these spliced items will drop in value. Future updates with revisions to previous updates, such as a revisit to Startopia, for example, could include several different spliceable recipes of items that tie into the update. I very much disagree with them all being rarity: 100, one of the main issues with how Growtopia used to be is the time it takes for trees to grow, I know it would have made farming overpowered, but it also made it really inconvenient to get blocks easily.
    Special seeds could be introduced for various activities and holidays. These seeds could only be obtained from those activities and holidays and they could be spliced with other seeds to create items.

Most of you will probably deny what I will say here, because they're making game easier but this game is fun when it's not easy.

TARGET 1 - MAGPLANTS
    Magplants ~ aka Autofarmer income. When it's introduced we've seen huge amount of players started autofarming. And it's really easy for them to punch a block at same position and making it way too easy to do such bot.

What's the solution?
    Limit magplant remote, like wrench the magplant then obtain 200 block from it adn you'll need to go back to get these blocks from magplant again. Might not stop all of them but will be effective I believe.

What happened to all those oldschool shops where you punch to get owner? They died a d you know why. Another toy making player's lives easier, I can feel many people owning a vend shop will disagree with that but hey, admit that you had more fun at Growtopia before it was in game.

Whats the solution?
    Vending machines will be limited to stock up to 200 items.

You can't use consumables here. And ghost jars as well? So what's the point of having Ghost Charm then? Pineapple Guardian is even effective you don't even need Firehouse to prevent your world from these fires. Pineapple Guardian is even cheaper than Charm.

What's the solution?
    Balance it in some way.

TARGET 4 - GROWTOKENS (with solution)
    What was their point when they got added to game? We were earning them from our worlds, now they're part of the Growtopia economy as it's slowly turning from creative worlds to trading. Bring back the first Growtoken system back, (the one before the rating system) no matter of it's easy or hard to get them, it'll rise the active playerbase.

What's the solution?
    Bring back old token system, remove Growtoken from Locke and Sales-man.

TARGET 5 - UNSPLICEABLE ITEMS
    Toilets aren't grown on the trees anymore, there are many ways to obtain items other than splicing seeds. We DO really need to bring back Growtopia's real point getting blocks and stuff from splicing seeds. If there are 50 unspliceable item, there should be 100 item can be obtained by splicing. These seeds could be hard to obtain, but at least add more stuff that we can get by splicing. I remember recipe teams were finding recipes mostly from splicing seeds, I don't think they're still focusing on splicing seeds as there aren't really anything.

I need to mention that again, most of you probably will disagree with that but remember Seth and Hamumu were nerfing stuff at ucoming events, maybe not to all of them but they were doing. I can't see there are any actions taken to balance items. Ubisoft doing their best and I appreciate that, but us players should accept some facts and help them improve game.

From my aspect; Ubisoft has an idea of if they add an item, they can't make changes on it or nerf. Just like they didn't touch the Royal Lock but solved it with another addition. Also I can feel they didn't want to touch to magplant and rayman, not saying they're sensitive. They should be of course sensitive on such actions but if something needs to be done it has to be even if it's something playerbase won't agree. To give an example remember the System Update, removal of gem drops from ATMs, nerf of Cosmic Cape literally dropped from 200 DLs to 200 WLs. But they balanced the game, we need such actions.

I'm open for suggestions and feedback to thread.
    Regarding to Target 1: Agreed but auto-farmers will always find different ways to auto-farm. For example, they can drop almost unlimited blocks in bot's auto-farming area. Due to lack of a remote of Unstable Tesseract. I saw so many peoples using auto-farm without Magplants like this. I'm not an auto-farmer. But this won't be a permanent solution for auto-farmers.
    ~ єνєяувσ∂у ωαитѕ тσ gσ нєανєи. вυт иσвσ∂у ωαитѕ тσ ∂ιє... ~

#BRINGBACKLBRANCH

Goals:
    - Get a Magplant (0/1)
    - Level up to 125 (63/125)
    - Get Rayman's Fist (0/1)
    - Find a Rainbow Egg (0/1)
    - Drop a GHC in GBCs (Done!)

Tbh the block limiting for magplant might not be bad at all as others think

If BFG owners get to have their own choice of how many blocks others could take for themselves to break it's not actually bad.

For example, I'm a BFG owner, and there's autofarmers out there. If I'm able to have a range of limiting 200-1000 blocks my breakers could take, it would mean autofarming gotta have to stop to renew their blocks after taking an X amount of blocks. And this feature won't hurt legitimate breakers. Sure magplant might decrease, but it's functionalities remain intact.

So that's a +1 for me, Phemus.

Though I hope this suggestion should be logical. If there's 6000 blocks in magplant and BFG owners limit the amount of blocks others could take to 500, it would mean there's 5500 blocks left unless the blocks are returned back after whoever takes it leaves the world. This would mean BFG owner gotta do some thinking before setting the limiter.
    Slightly above average in human intellect

TARGET 1 - MAGPLANTS
    Magplants ~ aka Autofarmer income. When it's introduced we've seen huge amount of players started autofarming. And it's really easy for them to punch a block at same position and making it way too easy to do such bot.
    At the rate people are getting banned with them your complain is rather nullified. You literally brought how it introduced players autofarming - obviously those don't go without consequences for them AND the items.

Disagree². The game is growing even larger and the whole item bank is getting enlarged every so update. With around 4500 items in the game you'd expect to have some kind of ease into buying what you need. Too late to do a change.

What's the solution?
    Balance it in some way.
    Lack of knowledge here. Ghost charm prevents ghosts from naturally spawning.
    Firehouse is still useful against random fire events prominent in popular worlds.

TARGET 4 - GROWTOKENS (with solution)
    What was their point when they got added to game? We were earning them from our worlds, now they're part of the Growtopia economy as it's slowly turning from creative worlds to trading. Bring back the first Growtoken system back, (the one before the rating system) no matter of it's easy or hard to get them, it'll rise the active playerbase.
    Old old token way had WAY more flaws. Autoruns. Everything became so automatized that it didn't feel rewarding and grindy enough.

Toilets aren't grown on the trees anymore, there are many ways to obtain items other than splicing seeds. We DO really need to bring back Growtopia's real point getting blocks and stuff from splicing seeds. If there are 50 unspliceable item, there should be 100 item can be obtained by splicing. These seeds could be hard to obtain, but at least add more stuff that we can get by splicing. I remember recipe teams were finding recipes mostly from splicing seeds, I don't think they're still focusing on splicing seeds as there aren't really anything.
    Only thing I agree with. Since ubisoft, new splicing recipes are virtually gone, same goes for lab ones.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Banned

This thread means make more chaos than before.

I have to disagree with all the other suggestions, but this one is really good. I would love to see more spliceable items added to the game.

1. Magplant
    Yes, we need nerf for this item. And rayman too...

2. Vending Machine
    I think if vend just can stock up to 200,, that's very big problem to ssp & rsp owner. Because they must restock 100+ vends.

3. Pineapple Guardian
    If you not active for a few days / week / month, the ghost will appear in your world even there is pineapple guardian in your world. So ghost charm is still needed if you want quit the game for long time. There is special item called Wild Fire too. Many fire will appear in your world. But, the event is very rare happening
    I can't decide, are this item need nerf or not haha~

4. Growtoken
    Many people abuse the old system growtoken. And i think new system is not too bad. I can get 1-3 growtoken a day without spend many wls.

5. Unsplicable Item
    Yessssss.... We need more splicable seed i can't remember when the last splicable item released. If i not wrong, the last new item that can get by splicing seed is toasted item & toasted set (released in Dragon Invasion Update on february 2019). Am i wrong?
    Last edited by Coolztopia; 08-01-2019 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Typo and bad english
    Son Of A Cussing Cuss Word!

I disagree about your view on vending machines 100%. I ran a shop without vending. I know what it's like when people knock on the doors to troll you. I remember running around responding to customers that are not serious and didn't have wls. I don't even think you ran a shop without vending because if you ever did you would NEVER want to go back.

You think I should do all the work producing the products then have to be present to sell it? I don't think you have been through the process to appreciate the effort it takes. I'm thinking you are just on the outside looking in on a situation you might not fully understand. Vending was a blessing because it saved me from having to interact.

People still hang around in trade world's. Vending isn't preventing that culture from happening. All it's doing is allowing people that don't want the interaction a way out. I don't want to sit in a shop world or trade world all day. The more exclusive items you need to go to trade world's to find. Vending shops are mostly rsp and ssp and you do SPLICE.

Even setting up a vending shop takes a lot of hard work and earning. The problem with a lot of people is they see the finished product. They don't know the process to get to that point. Then they want to take it away because they don't have it.

The old token scheme was bad as well. It only benefited those at the very top.

Sorry you triggered me bad op. I quit for awhile when they nerfed baits from tackles that killed a 2dlock a day profit. Came bac k to see they Nerfed seeds real hard. I noticed a lot of things don't come in packs. It's even more splicing now to get past rarity 60. What's with these small seeds in my RARE seed pack!!!

Why don't you show me how to run a shop without vending all old school. I'd love to see it.
    Last edited by Shawn Wilson; 08-01-2019 at 08:11 PM.

For the guardian pineapple, you should be able to choose which consumables you want to block of allow in ur world, though that might be a long list there could be easier steps taken.
    Give a man a wl, and he will learn to rely on you.
    Teach a man to make wls and you'll set him up for success.
    IGN:Tellicant Main:U9