Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Growtopia needs a NERF

Quote Originally Posted by Phemus View Post
    Most of you will probably deny what I will say here, because they're making game easier but this game is fun when it's not easy.

TARGET 1 - MAGPLANTS
    Magplants ~ aka Autofarmer income. When it's introduced we've seen huge amount of players started autofarming. And it's really easy for them to punch a block at same position and making it way too easy to do such bot.

What's the solution?
    Limit magplant remote, like wrench the magplant then obtain 200 block from it adn you'll need to go back to get these blocks from magplant again. Might not stop all of them but will be effective I believe.

TARGET 2 - VENDING MACHINES
    What happened to all those oldschool shops where you punch to get owner? They died a d you know why. Another toy making player's lives easier, I can feel many people owning a vend shop will disagree with that but hey, admit that you had more fun at Growtopia before it was in game.

Whats the solution?
    Vending machines will be limited to stock up to 200 items.

TARGET 3 - PINEAPPLE GUARDIAN
    You can't use consumables here. And ghost jars as well? So what's the point of having Ghost Charm then? Pineapple Guardian is even effective you don't even need Firehouse to prevent your world from these fires. Pineapple Guardian is even cheaper than Charm.

What's the solution?
    Balance it in some way.

TARGET 4 - GROWTOKENS (with solution)
    What was their point when they got added to game? We were earning them from our worlds, now they're part of the Growtopia economy as it's slowly turning from creative worlds to trading. Bring back the first Growtoken system back, (the one before the rating system) no matter of it's easy or hard to get them, it'll rise the active playerbase.

What's the solution?
    Bring back old token system, remove Growtoken from Locke and Sales-man.

TARGET 5 - UNSPLICEABLE ITEMS
    Toilets aren't grown on the trees anymore, there are many ways to obtain items other than splicing seeds. We DO really need to bring back Growtopia's real point getting blocks and stuff from splicing seeds. If there are 50 unspliceable item, there should be 100 item can be obtained by splicing. These seeds could be hard to obtain, but at least add more stuff that we can get by splicing. I remember recipe teams were finding recipes mostly from splicing seeds, I don't think they're still focusing on splicing seeds as there aren't really anything.

I need to mention that again, most of you probably will disagree with that but remember Seth and Hamumu were nerfing stuff at ucoming events, maybe not to all of them but they were doing. I can't see there are any actions taken to balance items. Ubisoft doing their best and I appreciate that, but us players should accept some facts and help them improve game.

From my aspect; Ubisoft has an idea of if they add an item, they can't make changes on it or nerf. Just like they didn't touch the Royal Lock but solved it with another addition. Also I can feel they didn't want to touch to magplant and rayman, not saying they're sensitive. They should be of course sensitive on such actions but if something needs to be done it has to be even if it's something playerbase won't agree. To give an example remember the System Update, removal of gem drops from ATMs, nerf of Cosmic Cape literally dropped from 200 DLs to 200 WLs. But they balanced the game, we need such actions.

I'm open for suggestions and feedback to thread.
    I highly agree with #5

everyone gangsta till tk69 responds and debunks everything
    Thinking about you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZStepXD View Post
    everyone gangsta till tk69 responds and debunks everything
    yikes this is going into my siggy
    Ign: TheCrunchGoes
    (ItzEaglet)
    Main: EagsWorld

Discord: wallop#1435

Attachment 223346
    -tq rimouiii

Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3as

Quote Originally Posted by walkstick View Post
    noodle dragon
    Profile Pic by ME !

I have no self worth~

tldr:
    People that don't adapt to a changing game crying about how they didn't invest into the right things in time and are now trying to make things worse for everyone that did.

Here's just some of the reasons as to why this thread is nothing more than a senseless whining compilation:

1:
    Crippling magplants that way will not remove auto farmers at all, as autofarmers do not rely on the remote. Bfg participants do, as such it will only make bfgs barren. No one's going to want to run out of their breaking-cage only to come back and find it taken by someone else.

2:
    Less vending machine space (especially at the suggested amount of 200) will only make buy+ worlds more cramped. People that own super large vending worlds (which, to be honest is a single to outmost two digit number) with tons of links will just sell their items in seperate worlds. What it will do though, is kill the probably thousand or so small ssp, rsp, crime, surgery, galactic pack etc. shops as it will either become impossible, or too expensive to mantain them for poorer, but motivated and hardworking players. Not to mention how it will just force shops to be more chaotic. Here's a heads up: As someone who owned the largest (in terms of visitors) single-man-run shop (DeLiXxShop <#100 overall 2014) I can tell you why that system won't work anymore: There's just too many items in the game right now. No one will visit different shops and waste an hour trying to find that one item he wants in the amount he needs, when he can just visit a rsp/ssp/buy+ world and be done with it. Not to mention that growtopias ingame community consists of really rude people, that will try their hardest to make life miserable for you. If I were to try running a normal shop now I'd have more people faking to buy stuff only to "troll the pro" and bargaining any profit out of them (thats a huge one! Back in 2013-15 general items prices would fluctuate A LOT more, so selling overpriced to justify your time waste was feasible) than serious customers. How is that any better?

3:
    That's just wrong/uneducated with a very vague pseudo solution

4:
    This topic was already thoroughly discussed several times and I don't see a reason to bring this up... again.
    Hint: There's a good reason for the old system being removed

5:
    You're making a need up and do not provide any reasoning for the source of that need.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    tldr:
    People that don't adapt to a changing game crying about how they didn't invest into the right things in time and are now trying to make things worse for everyone that did.
    That's a dumb criticism and bias, I'm not playing game to profit and just for fun for ages and not into wasting my time on earning virtual currencies, it's your fault if you're spending time on such thing and judging people like this. I respect people who having fun profiting in game but judging others thinking same way is absurd.

1:
    Crippling magplants that way will not remove auto farmers at all, as autofarmers do not rely on the remote. Bfg participants do, as such it will only make bfgs barren. No one's going to want to run out of their breaking-cage only to come back and find it taken by someone else.
    By the solution, not only auto farmers targeted but also price complaints from the community. It'll make it drop and make it less OP.

4:
    This topic was already thoroughly discussed several times and I don't see a reason to bring this up... again.
    Hint: There's a good reason for the old system being removed
    That's not a suggestion nor a feedback.

5:
    You're making a need up and do not provide any reasoning for the source of that need.
    Reasons are written, not sure if you did read it.
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

hell no, there's no way nerf would agree to make a gt crossover
    h

That's a dumb criticism and bias, I'm not playing game to profit and just for fun for ages and not into wasting my time on earning virtual currencies, it's your fault if you're spending time on such thing and judging people like this. I respect people who having fun profiting in game but judging others thinking same way is absurd.
    So you admit to openly ranting about things that don't concern you?
    Geez, I wonder what you'd say if someone suggested to limit chatting to 10 letters at a time, because some people say bad things.

By the solution, not only auto farmers targeted but also price complaints from the community. It'll make it drop and make it less OP.
    Making magplants cheaper/easier to obtain will only attract more autofarmers. I also wouldn't say that it's op, considering that it's 20dl.
    Sort of balanced, isn't it?

That's not a suggestion nor a feedback.

It's written, try reading it.
    Found it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phemus
    We DO really need to bring back Growtopia's real point getting blocks and stuff from splicing seeds
    Yeah, sounds made up, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    So you admit to openly ranting about things that don't concern you?
    Geez, I wonder what you'd say if someone suggested to limit chatting to 10 letters at a time, because some people say bad things.
    You were ranting me, not the thread so I had to tell you I'm not into benefit part of it which will make me profit or somebody lose.
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

everybody meme this thread till the real debate comes
    IGN:ZRIXOR
    Your boy: Popperlolli

!

also where did my pineapples go

Props to topazi for the insane pfp artwork

Quote Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
    200 items for the magplant and vending machine is wayyyyy too limited.
    tbh it would be just like trading