Thread: world i made for ottowo's contest but ended up losing anyway lol

Default world i made for ottowo's contest but ended up losing anyway lol

The winner for the contest has a really cool build.
    salty cause i spent hours making it as quick as possible lol
    That said, I don't really know what to do with it so might as well show it off for no damn reason and flex on everyone.
    and yes the center part is misaligned lol

oops accidentally posted the same image twice and i dont know what to do help me it feels like im flexing way too much
    fixed it, thanks sparko!
    deleted the wrong image though .-.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Satania; 08-02-2019 at 12:53 AM.

Click This for Stuff About Building Things
    Yes, my username is from that anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satania
    Look, I quoted someone's post!

The world looks amazing...

The only things that I can see(based off of personal opinion), is that it looks disconnected(the buildings are floating; which would normally look cool, but somehow seem off here), and the circles are a bit overused...

Also, hedges are SUPER expensive. You can save wls by blending blocks, which I think dirt can solve(in this world design)… The last thing is the painted "stuffs". I see them scattered around the world, but aren't constant. If you use them, they should compliment only one area, or be visible throughout the entire design.

Also for your attachment problem, edit the post, scroll down to Additional Options, and hit the Manage Attachments button. Click which picture you would like to remove from the thread. Then delete any duplicate image text on the text box.

The world isn't a failure whatsoever. It's an amazing piece of art.

Quote Originally Posted by Satania View Post
    The winner for the contest has a really cool build.
    salty cause i spent hours making it as quick as possible lol
    That said, I don't really know what to do with it so might as well show it off for no damn reason and flex on everyone.
    and yes the center part is misaligned lol
    Attachment 221892

oops accidentally posted the same image twice and i dont know what to do help me it feels like im flexing way too much
    okay how much for the world
    I spend a lot of time on the forums..

Been playing Growtopia since mid 2013.

Welcome to the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    The world looks amazing...

The only things that I can see(based off of personal opinion), is that it looks disconnected(the buildings are floating; which would normally look cool, but somehow seem off here), and the circles are a bit overused...

Also, hedges are SUPER expensive. You can save wls by blending blocks, which I think dirt can solve(in this world design)… The last thing is the painted "stuffs". I see them scattered around the world, but aren't constant. If you use them, they should compliment only one area, or be visible throughout the entire design.

Also for your attachment problem, edit the post, scroll down to Additional Options, and hit the Manage Attachments button. Click which picture you would like to remove from the thread. Then delete any duplicate image text on the text box.

The world isn't a failure whatsoever. It's an amazing piece of art.
    didnt really know what else to use other than circles. lolol
    thanks for the constructive criticism though, will definitely use these for the next world i might build (perhaps a WOTD attempt)
    as for the blending, I didn't really want to blend stuff in due the fact that this is a main world and not really an adventure world kinda thing. I was thinking of blending but didnt really know how to blend it in due to the fact that i mostly used 1 block layers for the hedges.

Quote Originally Posted by tent
    okay how much for the world
    I'd prefer to sell it for the same price i built it for.
    250+ lol
    But I'm split between selling it and not selling it. Mostly due to sentimental value, this is the first world that I made that I own and not for someone else. xd

(i dont include farm worlds n other small scale builds xd)

Congratulations!

guys I'm finally a dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    You're a dragon of the circus lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by BilaltmnOO View Post
    Arrested for being a dragon

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

First of all, the design looks awesome. However, I agree with the forumer a few posts above mine that hedges are expensive and you used A LOT in your world. I understand that blending won't work either, I was thinking that not all parts should've used hedge. Perhaps the circle could've used another block, or introduce another colour? I was thinking of gold or white, but I can't quite piece this together myself.

For your first try, according to your post, you did very well! I'd recycle the world too if I were you, add parkour here and there and perhaps make it into an WOTD attempt, or if you don't have a main world, you can recycle it so now it's your main world?

IGN: electrodream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @electrodreamy
    WOTD count: 23
    Forumers' VIP pass: StarboardFTW.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectroDream View Post
    First of all, the design looks awesome. However, I agree with the forumer a few posts above mine that hedges are expensive and you used A LOT in your world. I understand that blending won't work either, I was thinking that not all parts should've used hedge. Perhaps the circle could've used another block, or introduce another colour? I was thinking of gold or white, but I can't quite piece this together myself.

For your first try, according to your post, you did very well! I'd recycle the world too if I were you, add parkour here and there and perhaps make it into an WOTD attempt, or if you don't have a main world, you can recycle it so now it's your main world?
    Yeah, I should have probably used texas limestone at some point xd

as for keeping the world, i decided to try and sell it. I can rebuild it another time and add minor improvements.

It was a very cool world design but people with OCD would be angry...
    Do not destroy your own creation. Instead, fill it with dirt.

Meet me in the game: RedyMeosjin

I have 15 subscribers. Subscribe
    RedyMeosjin