Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to fix the 4-color RNG IOTM

Default How to fix the 4-color RNG IOTM

How to fix the 4-color RNG IOTM:

Easy, make all 4 colors have equal chances of obtaining. No more rare, and less rare.

Actually i like current rng system, because if we check the One colour Items, for example Go-Go-Growformer! It's just 40 World Locks(The others are the same price)

But with current rng system, At least we have a chance to get something expensive.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    But with current rng system, At least we have a chance to get something expensive.
    See, you only care about the profit. Think about the people who actually want the IOTM because they think it looks cool or whatever, but their favourite colour happens to be the rare variant.

ok y'all the pics back

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

What People nowadays think :
    Can't be a profit = Bad IOTM

I think IOTM going to cheaper and cheaper is normal. Just look at Hovernator Drone - Golden & Dragon Warrior's Shield - Diamond, that two items now is dropping a little bit even though it's RNG IOTM.

I really miss iotm without RNG. I can accept the iotm without overpower mod. But for RNG, i don't like it.
    Son Of A Cussing Cuss Word!

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    See, you only care about the profit.
    I wonder how you came to this conclusion, i just care other player hardworks. Almost all common iotms are 30 or 50wls, but rarest one can increase to 300-600wls. So, i want to ask you. Would you spend your 200k gems for 30wls common item? No, right? There is rarest iotms to increase purchase.

Think about the people who actually want the IOTM because they think it looks cool or whatever, but their favourite colour happens to be the rare variant.
    The multi-color system will appeal to more people. Like, if we get only one colour, probably it would be red one, but what if you don't like red colour?
    But with current system i have 4 different colours to choose from Item of the Month.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

And... For Ubisoft, Please... Make IOTM with good design specially for the rarest one. You make RNG IOTM, and make 1 color be a rarest, but that rarest color item have nothing special? That's not good.
    Son Of A Cussing Cuss Word!

I wonder how you came to this conclusion, i just care other player hardworks. Almost all common iotms are 30 or 50wls, but rarest one can increase to 300-600wls. So, i want to ask you. Would you spend your 200k gems for 30wls common item? No, right? There is rarest iotms to increase purchase.

The multi-color system will appeal to more people. Like, if we get only one colour, probably it would be red one, but what if you don't like red colour?
    But with current system i have 4 different colours to choose from Item of the Month.
    we need to get rid of rare variants

too bad ubisoft needs money
    hi im snow how you doin?

Actually i like current rng system, because if we check the One colour Items, for example Go-Go-Growformer! It's just 40 World Locks(The others are the same price)

And there is only 25% of getting it.
    Risky...
    "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is!" - Seth, Ex-developer of Growtopia
    Wheeee~~~~ I wheeeee for no reasons so don't mind me!

Alliances
    *Paarthurnax pouts at Alduin*

I rather have it so we could choose the colour we would want to buy or make an item like hair dye which I could apply on my iotm to change the colour of. If the whole point of the iotm is to have a cool item randomizing the colours is not fun and the ethics behinds it is a whole nother story.
    wow nice picture

Selling Cheap Startopia Role +All Startopia Items and Upgrades @7vend - Daily Restock!

Ubisoft honestly should know better with all these other BIG companies getting busted and shamed for Loot Boxery. How to fix it? Just don't do it.

The RNG encourages players to buy more gems, they won’t get the rare varient, they’ll want to try it one more time, and then ubisoft will get money. You need to consider marketing too.

IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.

Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    The RNG encourages players to buy more gems, they won’t get the rare varient, they’ll want to try it one more time, and then ubisoft will get money. You need to consider marketing too.
    You'd rather Ubisoft get easy money than us getting a good game to play? lmao, keep supporting crappy business practices then

ok y'all the pics back

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

You'd rather Ubisoft get easy money than us getting a good game to play? lmao, keep supporting crappy business practices then
    I didn’t say I support them. I merely said that you need to understand what they’re doing before suggesting something that they’ll barely consider because of their loss.

IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.

Banned

The goal of iotm is not to profit pal, its made to have a "cool" item every month added to the game. Magplant,rayman,dhorn,zephyr and much more !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coolztopia View Post
    And... For Ubisoft, Please... Make IOTM with good design specially for the rarest one. You make RNG IOTM, and make 1 color be a rarest, but that rarest color item have nothing special? That's not good.
    Nonono buddy we want an iotm not 2iotms as 1 is uncompleted and the other one is completed. Promoting gamble should be illegal but beacuse the game does it its now legal.

When ray and mag comes : Ubisoft,why you add an overpowered IOTM?They break the game, REMOVE THEM !!!

When they stop making OP IOTM : Why? The IOTM is trash and useless,they only worth less than a DL. Please add more cool item like ray fist!!!!

When RNG appear in IOTM : Why theres a RNG in the IOTM, i love the red colour but its the rarest one and its cost more than 4DLs. And gambling is illegal. Please remove RNG from IOTM.

When they remove the RNG : Where is the red colour? Why theres only blue colour? I dont like it. Please add red colour!!!

"Even you have do something good,there always be someone who hate it and complain about it"
    IGN : Kihiro
    Cheap Bountiful GT Looming Block 40/1 at VENDHU \(^_^)/

Goal :
    -Have fun in game : 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by Locked View Post
    And there is only 25% of getting it.
    Risky...
    It is definitely not 25% chance, that would mean that there is same ammount of all iotms because all have same chance to get, which is definitely not right, I would say that the rare iotm have 1-5% chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AntiScamV View Post
    When ray and mag comes : Ubisoft,why you add an overpowered IOTM?They break the game, REMOVE THEM !!!

When they stop making OP IOTM : Why? The IOTM is trash and useless,they only worth less than a DL. Please add more cool item like ray fist!!!!

When RNG appear in IOTM : Why theres a RNG in the IOTM, i love the red colour but its the rarest one and its cost more than 4DLs. And gambling is illegal. Please remove RNG from IOTM.

When they remove the RNG : Where is the red colour? Why theres only blue colour? I dont like it. Please add red colour!!!

"Even you have do something good,there always be someone who hate it and complain about it"
    What you are saying it completely right, but this 'problem' (idk if it's problem for ubisoft) could be fixed easily, just have the same system but without the rare one, all same % drop chance, or just let us choose what colour to buy from the shop, or better (unlikely to happen) have few colours in one item, unequipping and equipping the item chances the colour (same as Diamond Horns).
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that died 21-23.8.2019, she went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never ever forget you

Quote Originally Posted by CzeGamer View Post
    It is definitely not 25% chance, that would mean that there is same ammount of all iotms because all have same chance to get, which is definitely not right, I would say that the rare iotm have 1-5% chance.

- - - Updated - - -

What you are saying it completely right, but this 'problem' (idk if it's problem for ubisoft) could be fixed easily, just have the same system but without the rare one, all same % drop chance, or just let us choose what colour to buy from the shop, or better (unlikely to happen) have few colours in one item, unequipping and equipping the item chances the colour (same as Diamond Horns).
    i kinda agree with your idea, but i think ubisoft's marketing definitely already calculate what will happen to their in-game purchase if they do that
    ~IGN:Ristic~

"Just Play. Have Fun. Enjoy The Game"

Check out my Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCym...kijM4YrIIw4fDw

Lightbulb I've got an idea...

What about making an IOTM with 4 coloured variants but the rarest one has a Better Design plus an useful mod?

For example:

Astro Shades - Red should have a different design from the other astro shades AND it's Enhanced Digging effect will stack with other Enhanced Diggings OR It could give a buff regarding Startopia, since it's "Astro"-related.

(Yea stacking mods could be too Overpowered )

What's your opinion on this idea?

Thanks for reading!
    IGN: LegenPhenix
    Level: 59/125

"Darker things await beyond, and of your world, they are not fond. Seek a rift, a gash, a void wrenched wide, for answers lurk on the other side."

Quote Originally Posted by CzeGamer View Post
    Well, a correction here.
    x = percentage of getting rare IOTM.
    x < 25.
    "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is!" - Seth, Ex-developer of Growtopia
    Wheeee~~~~ I wheeeee for no reasons so don't mind me!

Alliances
    *Paarthurnax pouts at Alduin*