Thread: Growtopia Rant

Exclamation Growtopia Rant

Guys, I’m here to tell you that Growtopia is dying. I can’t believe that this game is actually dead. Just the other day someone came up to me in START and asked “wing for”. Based on my limited interactions with other players I have come to the conclusion that everyone in this game is profit-driven and greedy. Working for World Locks isn’t fun for me, so it shouldn’t be fun for anyone else because I have a Party Fowl and that seniority means I should have a say in how people should be enjoying the game. Instead, everyone should be me and do nothing but lurk and complain to others about how I’m not rich enough for anything, and then make posts on the forums to show everyone how much of an intellectual I am.

Seriously, I wonder what happened to the “old Growtopia”. Simpler times where people built farms, broke farmables, and rich people flexed by flooding chat with Super Broadcasts. And everyone gathered in worlds like ITEMS and SEEDIARY to do nothing but trade and flood chat for 15 minute until someone finally responds. Basically, it was the exact same thing as it is today, but it’s completely different because it was older. You guys just don’t understand that because you haven’t been playing as long as I am. Or you’re too busy farming and profiting and are the reason this game is dying. Shame on you.

Basically, I think the game is dying, and the moderators should do something about it because they are our supreme overlords and control the economy. Honestly it’s embarrassing that they haven’t done their job and banned every single scammer in the game. I expect them to be able to miraculously solve this impossible situation that Growtopia has gotten itself into, and for which I will conveniently not provide any suggestion to resolve.

So in conclusion, Growtopia is dying and we should remove World Locks from the game and establish anarchy. By the way did I mention that the game is dying?

This post is 100% satire by the way.

Just because Growtopia has taken a turn from socializing/building to profiting and economics, does not mean it is dying. Your entire argument seems to be based around nostalgia. If anything, the game is improving, with the new staff and upcoming “Game Guardians”
    Sup
    IGN: Rovie

Quote Originally Posted by Pikasack View Post
    Working for World Locks isn’t fun for me, so it shouldn’t be fun for anyone else...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikasack View Post
    Instead, everyone should be me and do nothing but lurk and complain to others about how I’m not rich enough for anything, and then make posts on the forums to show everyone how much of an intellectual I am.
    (Even though it's "100% satire,") it sounds entitled.
    Yes, a lot of players missed the old Growtopia but do you think we have control over change? I cannot really accept how the game and the [new] players have turned into but it's best if you don't mind them. Probably mind the pioneers who are still active here in the forums; you'll probably meet each other in-game. I mean, there are a lot of returning members. Check the Meet & Greet subforum and see the "O.G." members; you might become friends with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
    Just because Growtopia has taken a turn from socializing/building to profiting and economics, does not mean it is dying. Your entire argument seems to be based around nostalgia. If anything, the game is improving, with the new staff and upcoming “Game Guardians”
    +1 to this. Nostalgia is part of our emotional/moral issue about something, and we let it win instead of our logical thinking. Put your emotions aside and get persective with your logic; the game has improved in a way.

Lightbulb

The economy changes on a daily basis - even in real life, and you can’t expect things to stay the same as how it did back in the day. People are profit-driven because they want to earn something for themselves and feel a sense of achievement. If you think about it, there’s not many things you can do with very little WLs, and you’ll never know the reason behind their dedication to earning profit.

My point is, just accept the fact that everything changes and there’s always new opportunities to take! Enjoy the game for the way it is, not the way it was. Find veteran players to play with if you want the classic Growtopia vibe. I wish you all the best, and hope you’ll change your opinion on Growtopia
    Hey there, I’m Winwood. Really old player from January 2014.

Ways to contact me:
    Instagram: Winwoodgt
    Discord: Winwood#0001
    In-game name: Winwood

Have fun and stay safe out there!

You have provided us with a very weak argument that can very easily be rebutted.
    Firstly, having a party fowl doesn't mean you are better than the newer players and I'm sure a lot of them have MUCH more experience than yourself.
    Secondly, you cannot assume that everyone else is not having fun, playing Growtopia has actually taught me how to manage my finances in my adult life and not go broke.
    Thirdly, the world changes, just like music. People from the 17th century might enjoy baroque and classical music while people from the 19th century enjoy romantic music, the same concept applies to Growtopia.
    Flexing your seniority isn't going to get you anywhere, you're not impressing anyone at all, you just happened to stumble across growtopia earlier than other players. Growtopia still has a lot of things to improve on, but players like you are the reason the game is dying. The majority of Growtopians are greedy, I can agree with that, but they will soon grow up and learn that greed is a bad thing. Toxicity and hate is killing the game, not the greedy and wealthy.
    To thine own self be true,
    and it must follow,
    as the night the day,
    thou canst not then be false to any man.

I have read through Ubisoft's ToS and EULA, feel free to ask any questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
    You have provided us with a very weak argument that can very easily be rebutted.
    Firstly, having a party fowl doesn't mean you are better than the newer players and I'm sure a lot of them have MUCH more experience than yourself.
    Second, you cannot assume that everyone else is not having fun, playing Growtopia has actually taught me how to manage my finances in my adult life and not go broke.
    I'm pretty sure OP is being sarcastic. There are some lines and sentences that make it obvious, especially the last part.
    Whoa! I'm back, physically but not in spirit.
    IGN: Areodax - Discord: Areodax#4384
    Main World: THEMOONCAKEFARMS

My Stand can store heat in a single point.

Master Sorcerer

g-growtopia isn’t dying!!! what will i ever do with the one world lock profit i made from advertising my angel wings in buyangel for one world lock more than the market price for an hour if the game was dead??? lol if the game is dead there will not be so many people playing the game today (ten thousand people today!!! wow) you are speaking false thing lol
    ign: BladeGamer

Quote Originally Posted by Areodax View Post
    I'm pretty sure OP is being sarcastic. There are some lines and sentences that make it obvious, especially the last part.
    I know lol
    To thine own self be true,
    and it must follow,
    as the night the day,
    thou canst not then be false to any man.

I have read through Ubisoft's ToS and EULA, feel free to ask any questions!

omG iKr!?!? gRoWTopIa iS dEadiNG fPfP evEryOne onLy pRofiT fP lAst tiMe sPlEeF noW nO nO spLeef whAt hApPenEdEd??! I hAtE thiS gamE omG anD nEw mOds coRRupTed!!?? miSthiOs woRst mOd !!! umG I shOuld bE uNbanNed aNd suPpoRt nOt dOing jOb smH
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    omG iKr!?!? gRoWTopIa iS dEadiNG fPfP evEryOne onLy pRofiT fP lAst tiMe sPlEeF noW nO nO spLeef whAt hApPenEdEd??! I hAtE thiS gamE omG anD nEw mOds coRRupTed!!?? miSthiOs woRst mOd !!! umG I shOuld bE uNbanNed aNd suPpoRt nOt dOing jOb smH
    UmG pl0X uNBan BiTeLoRd oUr LorD, UMg y hE baNnED? hE JuST TrY DeFEnD HiMSeLF MiSThioS WoRSt m0D CoRRuPT3d : [

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
    Secondly, you cannot assume that everyone else is not having fun, playing Growtopia has actually taught me how to manage my finances in my adult life and not go broke.
    Thirdly, the world changes, just like music. People from the 17th century might enjoy baroque and classical music while people from the 19th century enjoy romantic music, the same concept applies to Growtopia.
    Flexing your seniority isn't going to get you anywhere, you're not impressing anyone at all, you just happened to stumble across growtopia earlier than other players. Growtopia still has a lot of things to improve on, but players like you are the reason the game is dying. The majority of Growtopians are greedy, I can agree with that, but they will soon grow up and learn that greed is a bad thing. Toxicity and hate is killing the game, not the greedy and wealthy.
    You insult other people for their intelligence yet here you are being absolutely oblivious.

You are like a old person saying: "Baaack in my agge, evrything wass better"
    Ephus (Set #2 currently in use!)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

oh no⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    真の幸福を達成.

I think OP was being sarcastic so I'm just gonna put this here

woW yes big aGree new mods bad old mods gOOD.. i RemeMber WheN sEth and HamuMU run game.. so nice!! Now ubIsoft BAD. grotopiA TOXIC

C'mon guys, we can do better than that.
    Basic Information:
    GrowID: WoodBlocks
    Instagram: @woodblocked
    World: WOODBLOCKS

CLICK:
    [temporarily removed]
    Signature compresses picture so it's pixelated

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
    As nostalgic to the game as I am, the game IS dying and it's pure truth - just look at the peak amount of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    omG iKr!?!? gRoWTopIa iS dEadiNG fPfP evEryOne onLy pRofiT fP lAst tiMe sPlEeF noW nO nO spLeef whAt hApPenEdEd??! I hAtE thiS gamE omG anD nEw mOds coRRupTed!!?? miSthiOs woRst mOd !!! umG I shOuld bE uNbanNed aNd suPpoRt nOt dOing jOb smH (2)
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    omG iKr!?!? gRoWTopIa iS dEadiNG fPfP evEryOne onLy pRofiT fP lAst tiMe sPlEeF noW nO nO spLeef whAt hApPenEdEd??! I hAtE thiS gamE omG anD nEw mOds coRRupTed!!?? miSthiOs woRst mOd !!! umG I shOuld bE uNbanNed aNd suPpoRt nOt dOing jOb smH (2)
    omG iKr!?!? gRoWTopIa iS dEadiNG fPfP evEryOne onLy pRofiT fP lAst tiMe sPlEeF noW nO nO spLeef whAt hApPenEdEd??! I hAtE thiS gamE omG anD nEw mOds coRRupTed!!?? miSthiOs woRst mOd !!! umG I shOuld bE uNbanNed aNd suPpoRt nOt dOing jOb smH (3)
    IGN UmbraWitch
    i farm roots blocks and play other games while doing it.