Thread: Ideas to Better the Console Experience

Squire

Exclamation Ideas to Better the Console Experience

Hello Growtopians,

I firstly would like to state that I am new to the forums but not the game itself.

Now since that's out the way, let me explain the purpose of this thread in a quick and easy way.

There's hundreds upon thousands of ways to better the console experience but it is us, the consumers to explore and share what can be implemented to satify our gameplay experience.

I will list a example to get this thread started.

"Its the little things"
    I'm adventuring the pixelated masterpiece that is Growtopia and I ask "What is this perfect circle doing here?" Its the cursor. Changing the cursor icon to a pixelated, well, anything really, can make the gameplay experience 100% visually appealing for any consumer. Maybe add a list of cursor icons for a player to choose from? I'm sure almost every player would love this to be a feature. Not that its a big deal. But a feeling of satisfaction.

Comments, Concerns, Ideas? Share here but remember, be clear and be respectful! No one likes a big mouth meany. Visit "HELP" for quick-access to Splicing Recipes, etc ***Incompleted***

-Nintendudes_
    Let's introduce the Console Community to a whole new style of gameplay experience, Growtopia!

Heya! Welcome to the forum! I am NekoRei, Community Manager of GT.

Going back to your topic. That is an amazing idea! Thanks for sharing it with us. I will add it up in my list of player suggestions to be considered. And yes we'd love to see more threads like this.

i feel like the controls are really hard to get used to, maybe revamp or rethink them.
    ~IGN: Nanimator
    ~Joined Growtopia On 7-13-2015
    ~Discord: Nanimator#6408

https://youtu.be/ZPzsx3AdHpw

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Nanimator View Post
    i feel like the controls are really hard to get used to, maybe revamp or rethink them.
    Adding a optional touchscreen mode to the Nintendo Switch handheld-mode would be considerable. Can't say the same for Xbox One/PS4 for obvious reasons. A option to customize the default button-layout to they're liking is one idea I think you will like very much.
    Let's introduce the Console Community to a whole new style of gameplay experience, Growtopia!

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Heya! Welcome to the forum! I am NekoRei, Community Manager of GT.

Going back to your topic. That is an amazing idea! Thanks for sharing it with us. I will add it up in my list of player suggestions to be considered. And yes we'd love to see more threads like this.
    Glad to be here! And I greatly appreciate you stopping by to welcome me to the forum <3

Squire

I'm sure most players are familiar with Minecraft's infinite world. Imagine Growtopia having a extended world option?! Is it even possible..?

I think an offline mode would be good for GT, especially the Switch version considering that some people don’t have Switch online. Something a la Tetris 99’s DLC would be really cool. Also, amiibo support.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendudes_ View Post
    I'm sure most players are familiar with Minecraft's infinite world. Imagine Growtopia having a extended world option?! Is it even possible..?
    there are some worlds that are larger/smaller so it is possible (IE Tiny on PC/Mobile)

^cool art from hammerjelly^
    "personal info (SSID, Debit card, real name, etc) here."
    Steam, if you want.
    Switch Friend Code - SW-7893-5905-4585

IGN: Tlaloc1
    Level: 85
    300,000 gems / 1,000,000

i’d love to see multiple cursor selections! 100% agree w you on how the cursor can make it more visually appealing.

just an idea, you could edit your post and create a list of suggestions from others that’ll help/benefit the game? servers could use a bit of adjusting along with custom controls/binding.

also an idea for a daily bonus, instead of 800 gems per day. maybe something along the lines of different rewards. eg;

Day 1: 100
    Day 2: 200
    Day 3: 300

and so on, maybe weekend bonuses could lead to a growtoken reward seeing as console have less players which makes it more difficult to obtain them just by the amount of visitors you receive.
    YT: Croix IG: @tecroix Discord: JayCroix#0026

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Tlaloc1 View Post
    I think an offline mode would be good for GT, especially the Switch version considering that some people don’t have Switch online.
    Free-to-Play games do not require a Nintendo Switch Online Membership to be able to play online with others so Offline-Mode wouldn't be necessary. Correct me if I'm wrong, were you referring to people who do not have access to Wi-fi?

Squire

Is dinosaur leashes and mounts re-work considerable? I wish the dinosaurs looked huge and more detailed. To me, they look like playdough. When someone thinks dinosaur, first thing that comes in mind is "Abnormally huge, terrifying, legendary!" Like a tyrannosaurs rex.

It does take awhile to get to the stage where players can actually start making dinosaurs using DNA and it doesn't feel worth the hassle.

I would love a rework of the chat. Something like Trove, Warframe or Neverwinter has is nice. And be able to click on peoples names in chat with option like add friend, join player if they are in another world and trade if they are in the same world.

Also why can't we hold multiple stacks of 200? Is there a reason for it?