Thread: Update the Role-Up System

Arrow Update the Role-Up System

It has been a while when the first Role-Up update came and we have seen little to no change on the way it works. I think that it has a lot of potential and that we could get more roles in the future to make Growtopia even more fun! I just wanna hear the popular opinion on this topic and maybe, If I'm lucky, even an Administrator brings this to the Developer Team *cough*Nekorei*cough*.

What Do you think about this?
    Thank you for reading!

Have a look at this thread: Role Up-date! Suggestions v2.0
    IGN: LegenPhenix
    Level: 59/125

"Darker things await beyond, and of your world, they are not fond. Seek a rift, a gash, a void wrenched wide, for answers lurk on the other side."

tis been suggested multiple times already.

My comments can be harsh, but atleast im not fake with my replies.

-IGN: Dvours

The Player Appreciation Week is there for this kind of suggestions
    Goal : Legendary | Level 100 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; GrowPass in GrowTopia!

Did you know that maxing all roles took a very long time
    IGN : Kihiro
    Cheap Bountiful item block/seed/root at BountifulShop \(^_^)/

Goal :
    -Have fun in game : 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by AntiScamV View Post
    tell that to bluebuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    tell that to bluebuzz
    Whose that guy I need an link.
    Who I'm I?
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 47/125
    Goals: Technically for now get tons of pepper trees for harvestfest
    Description: I'm a mature person, I'm very playful and so childish sometimes but I don't go overboard..
    I

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMeHow View Post
    Whose that guy I need an link.
    bluebuzz aint a guy, just search her insta bluebuzz sth idk

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

Banned

Role up is fine, its a way to get more growtokens and more profit out of your favourite(s) activity(es).

Quote Originally Posted by AntiScamV View Post
    Yea but this idea is to encourage more players to practice their favourite activities! You should read the thread I linked at the beginning of this one, so you can understand it better. The original update came with a lack in the other activities and their respective revamps, so the idea here is to add new Role Quests along with new Revamps for the Activities mentioned!

Once again, thank you for reading! Feel free to reply here or on the other thread so I can change whatever!

"Darker things await beyond, and of your world, they are not fond. Seek a rift, a gash, a void wrenched wide, for answers lurk on the other side."

I NEED PROVIDER ROLE QUEST
    IMMA REGULAR GUY WHO TRYING TO BE AS GOOD AS I CAN

It's hard to Level up all those roles, except u had some gems like me to spend like 15k perday, almost Lv9 Surgery now.
    IGN : PhoenixRz
    Level : 95/125
    Instagram : phoenixrz.gt

"Be grateful with whatever you had."

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixR View Post
    It's hard to Level up all those roles, except u had some gems like me to spend like 15k perday, almost Lv9 Surgery now.
    But New People can do the free quest everyday without having to spend their WorldLocks. It’s not about maxing them quickly but about having fun while trying to achieve the highest level.

By the way, it would be even more accessible for new growtopians with the additions from the thread linked above!

Once again, Thanks for reading! Have a good day!

I don't think there is a need for it, the only reason people do it is for the rewards, to get level 10, or growtokens. (I only do it for growtokens) People have suggested chemsynth roles, but I don't see the need. Chemsynth is only useful in a 1 day event that barely happens. I think we should stop with suggesting role quests, it must've taken A LOT of programming to bind this into the game.
    Discord: Nicholas #5824
    Instagram: doctornick.gt
    IGN: DoctorNick
    Level: 73
    Guilds Owned: idiots (axolotl logo)
    Goals: Rushboard 200/200
    Goals: Become a moderator/help the community in any way
    I want ring of shrinking

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorNicK View Post
    I don't think there is a need for it, the only reason people do it is for the rewards, to get level 10, or growtokens. (I only do it for growtokens) People have suggested chemsynth roles, but I don't see the need. Chemsynth is only useful in a 1 day event that barely happens. I think we should stop with suggesting role quests, it must've taken A LOT of programming to bind this into the game.
    Roles actually helps revive things you know for the 90% of people who play for profit.

A chemsynth role isn’t a bad idea for a crafter role.

Plus yea it was hard to code BUT they already coded everything so they can easily do it again since they have most of the code. They would just need to make new items and role buttons and stuff. And figure out what to do about role days

Getting all to max level currently requires at least 1 year of straight dedication, I would be happy to see a roles v2.0 but the fact that it adds months and potentially another year to the maxing time is quite frightening.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    Getting all to max level currently requires at least 1 year of straight dedication, I would be happy to see a roles v2.0 but the fact that it adds months and potentially another year to the maxing time is quite frightening.
    Wasn't role up made to give players a sort of progression on the activities they love? Well, not everyone loves all the roles. Maybe one only really likes cooking and is now stuck on the max lv. 10 of cooking.
    Interesting threads I've made:

STARSITE: Startopia Upgrades, Blasts and Role Items

BUYSURGROLE: Surgery Role Items
    BFGSITE: Free Daily BFG

Quote Originally Posted by Another Growtopian View Post
    Wasn't role up made to give players a sort of progression on the activities they love? Well, not everyone loves all the roles. Maybe one only really likes cooking and is now stuck on the max lv. 10 of cooking.
    Some of us are just completionists lol
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

The Role Up v2.0 it's like a way of creating Profession Guilds and making Growtopia's Activities more accesible for everyone who wants to participate but doesn't have enough Wls.

I Know it would take years and years to achieve the "Supreme Master Jack of All Trades", but it will be fun, progressing through the different Roles and getting their rewards, while meeting new people!

I see it as a way of socializing, because the new Revamped activities should link toghether and force players to ask for help to other role's people, therefore encouraging teamwork!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorNicK View Post
    Ok so Imagine...

Why do people play Soccer, Basketball or any other sport?
    I think that it's a combination of "Because they enjoy it", "Because they're with friends" and "Because they Compete with each others"
    They don't seek further rewards, they just have fun!

So what I'm trying to say is, yea, there's people who will compete with each other to obtain the Lvl 10 in all the roles, but others will just enjoy the path with their friends, in a non-profit nor expense way, while having fun still!

When an update comes, I can't enjoy it properly because you always need plenty of Wls to get to the end of its content, and then when it's been released for a while, you still can't enjoy it, because it is expensive since the prizes stabilized.

This update might be revolutionary, but it will bring what Growtopia's essence truly is, a Massive Multiplayer Sandbox Game whose aim is Socializing.

Thanks again for reading!

Bumperino