Thread: Anndd.. ESCAPE! -Grand Opening!-

Default Anndd.. ESCAPE! -Grand Opening!-

Hello! NekoWolf here, presenting to you a brand new ESCAPE ROOM WORLD! Since I got so much positive feedback on my mini-escape room [in DAILYESCAPE] (Thank you all by the way!) I decided to make a whole world dedicated to them. Except these puzzles are larger and more challenging. The world consists of 5 escape rooms, all differently themed. I wish you the best of luck if you're willing to try it! Thank you!
    -
    World: GROUPESCAPE
    -
    Also a special thanks to Sharox & Cress for being testers (:
    -
    yay
    Last edited by NekoWolf; 08-07-2019 at 09:38 PM.
    I like d r a g o n s

The world is pretty aesthetically pleasing and the riddles are challenging, but doable. 7/10
    Allies or no allies?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrum View Post
    The world is pretty aesthetically pleasing and the riddles are challenging, but doable. 7/10
    Thanks for playing!
    I like d r a g o n s

been there, very cool, i only stayed @ the entrance lul..

My comments can be harsh, but atleast im not fake with my replies.

-IGN: Dvours

I enjoy games that include parallelism and perspective, so the co-op escape room puzzle that had two people trapped in different rooms really captured me :P

(Don't open, spoiler)

I think all games are based on choice and consequences. Visual puzzles such as these usually have those make a choice and read kinda style. If you want to take it to a whole nother level, I suggest you gather clues, and depending on the information you uncover - that's a way to implement choice and consequence. Say whether the players stay together or move apart may influence their decision. And your focus on the world tells me you want to make puzzles based on gameplay rather than relationships and story. For me the fun is in the story. I can appreciate good gameplay but imo the lack of story makes the ending anticlimactic. (I am more of a story kind of person, so take this as a grain of salt). The best way to do it is to think about the stories theme, and how to weave it into the gameplay.

The only real criticism I had for the world was the introduction to the games. It's not really well-done.
    "Flowers grow back, even after they are stepped on."

Quote Originally Posted by Sharox View Post
    I enjoy games that include parallelism and perspective, so the co-op escape room puzzle that had two people trapped in different rooms really captured me :P

(Don't open, spoiler)

I think all games are based on choice and consequences. Visual puzzles such as these usually have those make a choice and read kinda style. If you want to take it to a whole nother level, I suggest you gather clues, and depending on the information you uncover - that's a way to implement choice and consequence. Say whether the players stay together or move apart may influence their decision. And your focus on the world tells me you want to make puzzles based on gameplay rather than relationships and story. For me the fun is in the story. I can appreciate good gameplay but imo the lack of story makes the ending anticlimactic. (I am more of a story kind of person, so take this as a grain of salt). The best way to do it is to think about the stories theme, and how to weave it into the gameplay.

The only real criticism I had for the world was the introduction to the games. It's not really well-done.
    Thank you! I'll try to focus more on the story aspect of it if I make another world. I'll also add where to begin because I realize that does trip people up. If I do make another world it may be in a while as I'm quite poor now due to this world . I understand this is my first try at a larger world like this, and I'll learn along the way
    I like d r a g o n s

First off, I want to say that you’ve made an incredibly fun world. I was thoroughly impressed by how well-thought-out the puzzles and riddles were. I love how you made different themed rooms, which really helped make the experience unlike any other. One of my favorite aspects of your world was how cooperative it was, especially the room that required two people on opposite ends to work together in order to complete. That really brings people together and makes for a good time.

With that being said, I feel like some of the puzzles were repetitive, requiring the same strategies used in previous rooms. It can be a little bit confusing trying to navigate where to go and what to solve first, but it is supposed to be a challenge after all. I also agree with Sharox in that the storylines could’ve been tackled in a better manner. They were a bit random and rushed. Regarding the aesthetics of your world, the entrances to each of the rooms and the rooms themselves weren’t as appealing as I would’ve liked. Maybe try to tie the corresponding themes into the rooms more.

Overall, this is an amazing world. I would highly recommend it to anyone who’d be up for a challenge without going mad.
    IGN: Cress
    — 𝒥𝑒 𝓋𝑜𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝒶 𝓋𝒾𝑒 𝑒𝓃 𝓇𝑜𝓈𝑒. —
    “𝒟𝑜𝓊𝒷𝓉 𝓀𝒾𝓁𝓁𝓈 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝒻𝒶𝒾𝓁𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁.”

Pretty dope
    Discord: Nicholas #5824
    Instagram: doctornick.gt
    IGN: DoctorNick
    Level: 73
    Guilds Owned: idiots (axolotl logo)
    Goals: Rushboard 200/200
    Goals: Become a moderator/help the community in any way
    I want ring of shrinking

Quote Originally Posted by YumYumCookie View Post
    With that being said, I feel like some of the puzzles were repetitive, requiring the same strategies used in previous rooms. It can be a little bit confusing trying to navigate where to go and what to solve first, but it is supposed to be a challenge after all.
    OP does use a bunch of the same strategies (awesome job, Missy!) so there is a certain degree to which people know what to expect from her puzzles. I mean I knew, and I still couldn't solve some of them *cries*
    "Flowers grow back, even after they are stepped on."

Quote Originally Posted by Sharox View Post
    OP does use a bunch of the same strategies (awesome job, Missy!) so there is a certain degree to which people know what to expect from her puzzles. I mean I knew, and I still couldn't solve some of them *cries*
    thanks hehe, thats why i usually reccomend the steampunk one last, because then you know to remember the letters :3 but i do agree with cress, I'll try to spice things up if i build more!

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  Screenshot (11).png
Views: 65
Size:  282.0 KB
    Ahh yay people are working together!
    I like d r a g o n s

I have nominated GROUPESCAPE for wotd!
    I like d r a g o n s

Wow, what an amazing world! I spent a good few hours there completing the rooms, and I have to say, every one of the challenges are well thought out. One thing you might want to change though, is the morse code riddle in the valentines room. By observing the players in the world, I found that the majority of them thought that the answer was “tornado,” which made them stuck for quite a while. Even I had to google the riddle in order to figure it out. Good luck getting WOTD though, I am sure you will make it!
    Udder
    Longtime Party Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Udder View Post
    Wow, what an amazing world! I spent a good few hours there completing the rooms, and I have to say, every one of the challenges are well thought out. One thing you might want to change though, is the morse code riddle in the valentines room. By observing the players in the world, I found that the majority of them thought that the answer was “tornado,” which made them stuck for quite a while. Even I had to google the riddle in order to figure it out. Good luck getting WOTD though, I am sure you will make it!
    I'm going to change that heh, thank you so much for the feedback, and im so glad you enjoyed the world!
    I like d r a g o n s

This is a very cool and unique world, I can't wait to try the other 4 with my friends. Great job!
    Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

In-Game Name: Viju
    Content Moderator at Growtopia Wikia since November 23, 2018
    Discord Tag: Viju#7557
    Former Forum Name: Mijuki04
    IG: @onlinepricechecker

I'm not good with long detailed reviews, so all I can say is that the world is amazing and really creative, one of the best I've played in recent times (possibly ever!). Best of luck on WOTD!
    Name:  nobg-10outta10.png
Views: 44
Size:  27.4 KB

guys I'm finally a dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    You're a dragon of the circus lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by BilaltmnOO View Post
    Arrested for being a dragon

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

I couldnt find the desert temple secret word, pretty nice world. I will finish it later. Thanks.

sounds interesting ill check it out soon
    真の幸福を達成.

Banned

I'll be in invisible mode and will check the world .