Thread: In game market place: SUGGESTION

Lightbulb In game market place: SUGGESTION

People visit BUY+ worlds to buy/sell their items. (I found this old thread)
    But what if that suddenly changed…
    Introducing... the marketplace!

Click on the new marketplace icon placed somewhere on the screen and a popup message will appear containing two buttons:
    Create a new offer/ Search for offers

Clicking on "Create offer" opens a window which asks the user to select the item from their backpack and set a price. We'll have to limit the amount of offers one can create to around 3-4 to reduce spam. To reduce spam even more, for a given world, you can only post an offer for an item no one else has created an offer for, example incoming
    ===
    Let's say I am in "MYLOVELYWORLD" and I posted an offer for Laser grids. No one else in that world can offer Laser grids anymore, thus stopping the spam of multiple devices with multiple accounts spam offering to be seen first. They can still offer other items though as long as those are not offered already in that world.

And clicking on search for offers opens up this form

============
    Growtopia marketplace
    Item name:
    ============

Upon submitting, a list of offers will appear, and all the user has to do is to click the "Go" button, which warps him to the seller.

To prevent expired offers, the offer is automatically discarded if the seller leaves the world, or if he doesn't have the item in his backpack anymore.
    This solution in particular encourages socializing since you're not trading with a machine, and renders spammers useless since people won't be using trade worlds anymore.
    And that's called decentralisation, instead if having one trade world for all transactions for an item, they're now spread all accross Growtopia and centralized into the marketplace owned by Ubisoft.

Quote Originally Posted by TUJT_GT View Post
    People visit BUY+ worlds to buy/sell their items. (I found this old thread)
    But what if that suddenly changed…
    Introducing... the marketplace!

Click on the new marketplace icon placed somewhere on the screen and a popup message will appear containing two buttons:
    Create a new offer/ Search for offers

Clicking on "Create offer" opens a window which asks the user to select the item from their backpack and set a price. We'll have to limit the amount of offers one can create to around 3-4 to reduce spam. To reduce spam even more, for a given world, you can only post an offer for an item no one else has created an offer for, example incoming
    ===
    Let's say I am in "MYLOVELYWORLD" and I posted an offer for Laser grids. No one else in that world can offer Laser grids anymore, thus stopping the spam of multiple devices with multiple accounts spam offering to be seen first. They can still offer other items though as long as those are not offered already in that world.

And clicking on search for offers opens up this form

============
    Growtopia marketplace
    Item name:
    ============

Upon submitting, a list of offers will appear, and all the user has to do is to click the "Go" button, which warps him to the seller.

To prevent expired offers, the offer is automatically discarded if the seller leaves the world, or if he doesn't have the item in his backpack anymore.
    This solution in particular encourages socializing since you're not trading with a machine, and renders spammers useless since people won't be using trade worlds anymore.
    And that's called decentralisation, instead if having one trade world for all transactions for an item, they're now spread all accross Growtopia and centralized into the marketplace owned by Ubisoft.
    Hope it gets added!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Im gay.

R.I.P Mose, You will be missed, you where such a great friend... i will forever mourn you....

Lesser Wizard

Reminds me the P-game.

what, Pixel Game marketplace rip-off? (ye it exists there)

plus goodbye BUY+ worlds

I can see the fakes, so when I look in your direction
    Understand I'm seein' right through

-IGN: Dvours

Yea...I see this type of suggestion mentioned alot.

I already said my thoughs on it previously, but thats like...a long time ago(several months or even a year ago). I'll repeat what I think should be done.

Instead of your suggestion to prevent spam, I would suggest adding a different feature.

Make it cost gems to advertise. This would make BUY worlds still useful or sbing to sell items.

Instead of limiting advertisements to only 3-4 a day, make it cost 400 gems to have an advertisement for a whole day.

This way, spamming won't do anything because it will always still cost 400 gems no matter what.

The advertisement should still stay up the whole day even if you log out(it will allow people to buy it in a vending machine if you had it, or message you to buy it after the day ends)

Also, to make it a cleaner format, the advertisment feature could just be:

Picture of item in the background and price of it in lower right corner.

I can't draw art, so I'll try to describe it better.
    When you click on the "World Market" button, you will see something similar looking to the shop in game.

The World Market's items will basically follow the shop's format, item being in the background, and instead of gems in the lower corner(this is what the shop displays), a price like 5/wl will be shown in the lower left corner of the world market.

Once you click on the picture of the item this format will pop up, givinf more detail about the seller:

World(You can tap it to warp there)
    GrowID

Hope this wasn't confusing. If you are confused, quote the part you are confused about and I'll explain more.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.