Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm done. I'm literally so fricking done.

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Being copied from and finding out is one of the worst feelings in my opinion. Many people copy my designs for other people which really aggravates me. The concept of "hey, they copied your world because they were mesmerised by its sheer beauty! You should be happy about that!" is rather rudimentary since it's not always the case. Inspiration is what would sprout from that concept - normally, they'd take inspiration from the work they've been wowed by and create something of their own in a similar manner/style. That's fine. Sometimes people want to use the design because they feel uncreative/lazy to make their own and see yours as something they would want so they simply just take it. Other times, people quite literally just take the concept of something for their own benefit. They saw it as an opportunity to benefit off of. That's just greedy.

Taking the concept of something and adapting to it is different. That's how evolution works - many larger brands are successors to original concepts and ideas that didn't work so well originally. Taking someone else's work because it was a successor is something else.

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done. As much as this may anger you, you mustn't let it get to you and simply get on. The amount of people who have copied the world TK69 is just pathetically amusing.
    Thank you for the feedback!
    I like d r a g o n s

Banned

Cool world, i’ll copy it aswell.

Damn, that really sucks. Anything I can do to help?

guys I'm finally a dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    You're a dragon of the circus lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by BilaltmnOO View Post
    Arrested for being a dragon

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

There is no need to worry, as you are the original one. If you close your world, the players will visit the other player's world that copied yours. I agree that there should be a rule against those who copy others world and I myself hate those who lie and take what is others and without permission and they say that it's theirs. This honestly shouldn't be legal at all as well with the wotd worlds. You can not copy other wotd worlds. You will get banned out of the wotd selection for a year and probably from the game.

Sadly a moderator can not do anything about it but you might wanna ask the developers for help.
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

Unfortunately, this is one of the repercussions of creating a good world. However, nothing can be done about it. Every player has the right to create whatever they want. This means that players are free to copy the ideas of others. Now, when it comes to eligibility for World of the Day, completely copied worlds are not able to win. Likewise, for contests hosted by moderators, these copied worlds hardly stand a chance. For every other aspect, copied worlds are completely legal, even if it is morally wrong.

Believe me, I’ve had plenty of experience with my creations being copied. Oddly enough, though, I find it flattering. Think about it this way, the only reason a player would copy another world is if they found it impressive. That means that the player who copied your world thinks your creation is good.

Now, everybody interprets things differently, so I completely understand your frustration.

I hope that everything works itself out.
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

Growtopia Username: Lewius

He removed the word Escape. Hopefully he isn't planning to change the world name and keep my exact rooms. But if this guy manages to make his own different puzzles with his own ideas then I'm glad to see what comes!
    Name:  Untitled862.png
Views: 30
Size:  135.2 KB
    Last edited by NekoWolf; 08-13-2019 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Changed world to word*
    I like d r a g o n s

Wait.. it seems he has continued to build the world.. how upsetting
    I like d r a g o n s

The fact that you're getting upset because someone copied your world is yeah.
    You should be happy that someone copied you because your world is so popular. ( I know it doesn't work like that but that's how it's supposed to work )
    To thine own self be true,
    and it must follow,
    as the night the day,
    thou canst not then be false to any man.

I have read through Ubisoft's ToS and EULA, feel free to ask any questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
    The fact that you're getting upset because someone copied your world is yeah.
    You should be happy that someone copied you because your world is so popular. ( I know it doesn't work like that but that's how it's supposed to work )
    But they didn't even ask me ): and I really do not like when people copy my stuff, especially if I've spent like 20 hours making it
    I like d r a g o n s

Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    But they didn't even ask me ): and I really do not like when people copy my stuff, especially if I've spent like 20 hours making it
    Yea disrespectful act to do.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...?554880-Stolen
    On this day, Justice didn't come for you. I did!
    All of you, and only one of me.
    Still,I'm not getting paid enough for this.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    If you’re the original it doesn't matter what they really do tbh a complete copy is the one thing you shouldn’t be afraid of, people who copy the concept is what you should be afraid of cause they can create a better design and a more fun thing.
    Also didnt he literally add a 1 after your world name xD its pretty clear whos the original and whos the copy.

Last edited by QueenChloe; 08-13-2019 at 04:16 AM.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Secure your account... I saw in you pic, you haven't enable AAP.
    how is this even relevant to the topic

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

Hiya Mistrella,

There's no reason to be mad at all, yours is original, no additional numbers, letters etc. Like I've told you both on the forums and in-game before, they copied your worlds because they're inspirational and fun to be in. Nobody wants to copy a boring world, so don't let this affect you. Don't close GROUPESCAPE, it's seriously enjoyable and I enjoyed every second there. Keep up the good work, don't give up this easily.
    “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement”