Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is There Gonna Be Any Monthly Updates This Month?

Default Is There Gonna Be Any Monthly Updates This Month?

I'm just curious. I'm askin this because this month the Devs are busy with the upcoming PAW, which is probably tomorrow or somethin. I'm just thinkin that the Devs don't have any time for the monthly update. Let alone the Fishing Event. But I don't think that's the reason.
    What, You Egg?
    [He Stabs Him]

Just PAW and Guild event..sadly both of the will probably be next week..
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that died 21-23.8.2019, she went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never ever forget you

PAW SMDP : )

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    But seriously, PAW is always August's update
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; GrowPass in GrowTopia!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    PAW SMDP : )
    Of course, PAW will be always at AUGUST.

** died from waiting for PAW **

Well, if you probably noticed our Monthly updates are no longer as packed as before. There's always the IOTM and whatever seasonal event/s we have for that month (in this case PAW) plus the regular events and clashes, unlike before where the community is always overwhelmed with new things and features. We listened to what players wanted so we're limiting it now.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Well, if you probably noticed our Monthly updates are no longer as packed as before. There's always the IOTM and whatever seasonal event/s we have for that month (in this case PAW) plus the regular events and clashes, unlike before where the community is always overwhelmed with new things and features. We listened to what players wanted so we're limiting it now.
    So does that mean we aren't gonna get any big-ish monthly updates? We are only gonna get the seasonal events + clash and IOTM? If we aren't gonna get any big-ish updates, does that mean no more blasts, packs, new features and what everyone really wants PVE?

Quote Originally Posted by Edvoid20 View Post
    So does that mean we aren't gonna get any big-ish monthly updates? We are only gonna get the seasonal events + clash and IOTM? If we aren't gonna get any big-ish updates, does that mean no more blasts, packs, new features and what everyone really wants PVE?
    Probably yes but I hope they should bring us a really big update before 2020.
    WOTD: 1 (in BESTBEACHINGT)
    VOTW: still hoping to win (:

Meet me in the game: RedyMeosjin

I have 15 subscribers. Subscribe
    RedyMeosjin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedyMeosjin View Post
    Probably yes but I hope they should bring us a really big update before 2020.
    NekoRei said, V3.0 has no big update. Let's wait for V4.0 at 3030 folks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1NB4 View Post
    NekoRei said, V3.0 has no big update. Let's wait for V4.0 at 3030 folks.
    Lol yessss and Growtopia is owned by my great great great great great great great great great great great great grandson / apo
    WOTD: 1 (in BESTBEACHINGT)
    VOTW: still hoping to win (:

Meet me in the game: RedyMeosjin

I have 15 subscribers. Subscribe
    RedyMeosjin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedyMeosjin View Post
    Lol yessss and Growtopia is owned by my great great great great great great great great great great great great grandson / apo
    Please tell your great grandson to make TurtlePirate a moderator right now!

Lesser Wizard

Teaser please?

Banned

HAah aha working hard you say ok buddy

Big yikes from me
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 64
    Gems: 263k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

What's your current plan for "Roots". It has been forgotten after a week it got out.

Overwhelmed? Is that not a good thing?
    I can't legitimately see anyone complain about having "too much" content, maybe beginners who don't even know what they are doing anyway, so would complain out of "rage" while they already have content they yet to have to explore. I really don't want to compare this supposed result to the origin of the change with Mutant Kitchen, but the source ("we listened to players") feels the same as this overwhelmed issue?
    Should newer updates not be focused into more "end-game" and adding depth to existing content?

As a matter of fact I used to log on for few hours daily as the monthly would keep me active, but it is more like 10 seconds now. Roots clearly did not help, neither was making the guild events once per month.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    I can't legitimately see anyone complain about having "too much" content, maybe beginners who don't even know what they are doing anyway, so would complain out of "rage" while they already have content they yet to have to explore. I really don't want to compare this supposed result to the origin of the change with Mutant Kitchen, because the source ("we listened") feels the same as this overwhelmed issue?
    Should newer updates not be focused into more "end-game" and adding depth to existing content?

As a matter of fact I used to log on for few hours daily as the monthly would keep me active, but it is more like 10 seconds now. Roots clearly did not help, neither was making the guild events once per month.
    I totally agree, i've seen way too many people on the forums complaining about them adding more updates with the common comment "oh ubisoft suck only add quantity over quality"

Maybe that's why they wanted to stop pushing too much content in one month, at a go
    Current Status
    - Single parent of two
    - Dating
    - 67 years old
    - Professional Growtopia E-Sports player

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    I can't legitimately see anyone complain about having "too much" content, maybe beginners who don't even know what they are doing anyway, so would complain out of "rage" while they already have content they yet to have to explore. I really don't want to compare this supposed result to the origin of the change with Mutant Kitchen, but the source ("we listened to players") feels the same as this overwhelmed issue?

There were some larger discussions recently, where the majority voiced, that theyd rather have improvements to the overall user experience with less new content, than large amounts of new content without any user experience improvements outside of paw.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    There were some larger discussions recently, where the majority voiced, that theyd rather have improvements to the overall user experience with less new content, than large amounts of new content without any user experience improvements outside of paw.
    Some of those hardly take any time to "improve" considering a large chunk is bug fixing, "changing numbers" balancing, or "adding few lines" QOL. But clearly people stated so, yet no real improvement bundled as monthly have been released yet. So unless it comes (PAW is an exception), I don't think this is a valid argument.
    Roots wasn't one.
    Last edited by Nenkaai; 08-15-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

So does this mean we’re getting smaller updates now?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    So does this mean we’re getting smaller updates now?
    No, nobody panic. What NekoRei means is that we're trying to spread things out, rather than jam-pack them all at the start of a month. We are not reducing the size of updates, removing content, or lowering expectations in any way, shape, or form - remember what we posted about the community initiatives and other efforts (like the Chat overhaul)?

If anything, we're planning to do more stuff than before - the key is that we're doing our best to space it out a bit better.