Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who inspired you to play Growtopia?

Default Who inspired you to play Growtopia?

Hiya,

Who inspired you to play Growtopia? and if you're a returning player, who inspired you to return?
    Hey there, I’m Winwood. Really old player from January 2014.

Ways to contact me:
    Instagram: Winwoodgt
    Discord: Winwood#0001
    In-game name: Winwood

Have fun and stay safe out there!

Back in 2012 I played this game called Minebuilder (this was before Minecraft pocket edition) and the server group chat decided to be on Palringo. Someone helped me with an issue I was having with the game and he showed me Growtopia. I enjoyed it and after a bit I invited Cukuzz. I played for years until slowly my friends stopped coming online and things got too much for me.

I was encouraged by my cousin – who no longer plays the game – to play Growtopia back in 2013. I wasn't interested at first but he kept pushing since I love creating, designing and always pumping my creativity. So in the early 2014, I gave it a shot. And I. Was. Addicted. To the point I went through this type of burnout where I got tired and lost interest in the late 2016; I stopped playing in 2017. But this year, I returned. I have been in the forum before, but when it was under the RTsoft website and not the Growtopia Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Winwood View Post
    Hiya,

Who inspired you to play Growtopia? and if you're a returning player, who inspired you to return?
    my cousin introduced me to gt on Chinese New Year 2014, and I returned cos Vainglory esports died.
    IGN is Ezereal now. Feel free to add me in game Also check out my new Art Instagram growtopia account here : https://www.instagram.com/ezerealgt/...d=qpen3zu2x9np

Master Sorcerer

My irl friend, the ppd god himself, Tempting introduced me to the game at the 1 year anniversary in 2014. I’ve been playing on and off ever since.
    This whole account is one giant post.

So, if anyone here knows me they know that I played this MMORPG called Arcane Legends before I was introduced to this game -- well, my best friend from that game disappeared for a month, and when he returned he told me that he'd "been playing Growtopia". I downloaded it, and the rest is history.

Funny enough, the game was actually pretty popular in my school but no girls really played it, so I didn't know this game even existed at that time. Let's just say I would've gotten into Growtopia either way, through online friends or IRL ones.

IGN: electrodream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @electrodreamy
    WOTD count: 23
    Forumers' VIP pass: StarboardFTW.

it was my peers who told me to play the game,
    and it was also because of my peers im here again
    真の幸福を達成.

it was birthday 2017. I was watching tv and my son came ask: can you test this game with me?
    I didn't even look what he tried give me, i just said no.
    He continued: pls, pls just test little
    I was like nope, can't care a less about some stupid game
    He continued: pls just one minute, not more, just minute
    i said no.

He went in his room, but came back in few minutes
    He said: you never play any games with me
    test this, just little
    in this point, this convo has last for near 30 mins. I was tired, i wanted watch my movie. Only choice was, i take that stupid tablet and test this stupid game so i can continue my movie as soon as possible.

I started break dirt and big fist made me laugh, looks so retarded, then i got my first gem. My son told he has already some amount of gems so i wanted more. I continued break dirt, more and more to get gems, some point i got same amount gems as my son, so then we started compete who get more gems faster. Of course i needed beat my sons ass, cause he always think i'm old and can't be good in games. Especially in my first online game. In some point, i realized that clock is 11pm, or more and we should go sleep.

Next morning, it was sunday, we continued break dirt and we started plant seeds to get more gems, but still we didn't know anything about farming. When my son gave this first acc to my hands, all tutorial stuff has already gone, so i got 0 info about this game.

In day 3 some evil Filipino came to our white door. He refused go away and he tried kill us, so we would respawn on white door and because we had only sl, no doors, we needed break block to get back in our world if we die. He went out and came back, went out and came back. He continued this about 30min. Then placed those shiny purple blocks, we, greedy noobs couldn't resist temptation to break them and get big purple gems. So we went near, we broke those purple stuff and he placed lava and killed us. There we were, on white door, me, Filipino and my son.

Filipino asked: what so valuable we hide there that we can't let him in. We told, we have nothing, but this was our world number who-knows-what, cause all earlier worlds, someone has ruined with million sls. So finally we had world, without others locks in it and we didn't want let this Filipino ruin this world too.. After some time we finally decided take risk and we let Filipino in. He saw all mess what we had and said, you need farm world and you need start make platforms. I was like ok and didn't understand at all what he was talking about.

He started build farm for me and after that he taught how to farm grass and wood and i just did all what he told me to do. In week i had 1600 grass seeds, 1600 wood block seeds and we spliced those and he sold all. Then he bought ice seeds for me and i started crazy ice farming. In month i had first dl.

So who inspired me to play gt... First my son forced me, with huge pressure and then this guy in game, taught everything what i needed to know and cause of him, i got addicted. Without these 2 i wouldn't be here.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Someone at my school
    🇮🇩Rimuoi

Play Growtopia Since August 2018 (actually 2016 but only 1month)

Instagram: @Rimuoi._

This my Goal
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloxinia View Post
    I'm trying become a normal human that never giveup

Banned

classmate, he also scammed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Devours View Post
    classmate, he also scammed me.
    That's honestly unfortunate. 😔
    Sorry to hear, but frankly ironic? I don't know, really.

My BBM friend
    ign : Dr. VerdantGate
    https://www.instagram.com/dr.verdantgate/?hl=id
    Prepare For Harvest Festival

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    it was birthday 2017. I was watching tv and my son came ask: can you test this game with me?
    I didn't even look what he tried give me, i just said no.
    I read all of them. A truly wonderful start.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; GrowPass in GrowTopia!

Myself. I was bored in 2015 and found this game in play store
    All is fair in love and war

My old classmate back in 2016, he made my first account with easy password because of the IP issue.
    WOTD: 2 (in BESTBEACHINGT & ANUBIANCITY)
    VOTW: still hoping to win (:

Goals:
    Get 5 WOTDs before 2020 (2/5)
    Get 1 VOTW before 2020 (0/1)

Meet me in the game: RedyMeosjin

I have 22 subscribers. Subscribe
    RedyMeosjin

Back on 2015-ish... kinda. My friends told me about this game. I was like *wut* . I've tried myself and, I'm thinkin like, this is gonna be a dumb game to be honest. Back when I first time joining this game, there were like 50k peeps were online. Heck, back in the day I didn't even know that you have to touch the screen to punch instead of the Fist Button. Then In Mid-2017 I quitted for a few months-ish, returning back in Winterfest 2017. I've returned to the game because, I miss the game. And I miss my best friends. There were only few of my old friends were online. The others... well, they didn't for a VERY long time. One of my friends, which is very nice to me, offline for over 3 years now. Kinda sad to me. Thus, I've created my new world, change my Grow-ID into the current name y'all know to recognize me. And start fresh. Before I quitted. I giveaway my items and my main world. The world itself is still available, just, too much locks. I've played smart by not giving away my World Locks and my few Fish Tanks. And luckily enough I have 5000 gems on me. Which I've stupidly enough spend half of the gems on Rare Clothing Pack. When I've returned to the game. I was very excited, too much. Because one of my favourite item, The Megalodon, was dropping. Haha, back then that shark is very expensive.
    What, You Egg?
    [He Stabs Him]

My desire to play anything Minecraft related (because I was poor at the time), then this game came up and the rest is history.
    Whoa! I'm back, physically but not in spirit.
    IGN: Areodax - Discord: Areodax#4384
    Main World: THEMOONCAKEFARMS

My Stand can store heat in a single point.

Dvours my boyfriend. XD
    I didn’t even know this game existed until him... at first it was quite boring but woah this game is definitely not for children imo. 😂 so much toxicity and drama but it’s quite fun so I stay and play plus got quite a lot of nice people made many friends, so not so bad! But can’t trust anyone 100% in this game sadly... I love pixels also so that’s one of the reason why I like playing this game..

fresh out of f*cks forever

-Megamilk

Quote Originally Posted by RedyMeosjin View Post
    My old classmate back in 2016, he made my first account with easy password because of the IP issue.
    But before this happens... A TV show named "Gandang Gabi Vice" had this one tv host named Vice Ganda and 2 kids. Vice Ganda asked the kid what he is playing and he said its Growtopia. Unfortunately I can't create an account that time.
    WOTD: 2 (in BESTBEACHINGT & ANUBIANCITY)
    VOTW: still hoping to win (:

Goals:
    Get 5 WOTDs before 2020 (2/5)
    Get 1 VOTW before 2020 (0/1)

Meet me in the game: RedyMeosjin

I have 22 subscribers. Subscribe
    RedyMeosjin

my friend told me to play this cool game named growtopia

got banned i can't remember why 3 years ago

went back

got suspended for literally sliding on some stupid ice like hOW IS THAT ILLEGAL UBISOFT

2 months ago
    h