Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's also care about the forum

Lightbulb Let's also care about the forum

Besides bombarding the Suggestion Box sub-forum with in-game suggestions/ideas, how about suggesting for more forum features? Here are a few I had in mind:
    Multiple themes. This can include the old, default/O.G. theme used; though it is optional.
    More emotes/smilies. The ones available seems to be insufficient. Using the emoji from our keyboard just turns them into "������".
    Recently edited/replied threads. Instead of toggling a tab, how about make a section above all sub-forums that consists of all recent threads?
    Mini-chat room/box. In our forum, we have this small chat box we message from time to time. All members are free to rely there. This could also halt Discord server spamming in the forum.
    Mood updates. This feature can be fun, for this indicate one's mood. They can update it in their profile settings and the mood would be written below the user's avatar. (i.e. feeling " Happy," "Mad," "Sad," "Frustrated,"... even " Waffles!")
    GIF emoticons. We submit GIF's to use as emotes so we can spice up our posts and replies.
    To be able to rate or vote posts. Speaking of which, I noticed that you can't upvote or downvote someone's post. This should really be implemented.
    Larger message box storage. This would be helpful for people who ought to message fellow forumers via Private Message. There are who store copies of their sent messages and received messages which can prove useful when someone breaks forum rules regarding direct messaging when evidence is needed (screenshot or data).
    Notify members about subscribed threads. Instead of always visiting the tab for the unread posts of a member's subscribe threads, make the Notification more useful rather just for Inbox.
    Last edited by Azurada; 08-13-2019 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Added more suggestions.

Your last suggestion is already here. Look at the right side of your screen and look for “ WHAT’S NEW? “ It will show new posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    Your last suggestion is already here. Look at the right side of your screen and look for “ WHAT’S NEW? “ It will show new posts.
    I meant it should also be seen in the main homepage like other forums. It would be located above all sub-forums.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    Ok thank you for your suggesstion

dont see why not,
    chat feature sounds cool
    真の幸福を達成.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebster View Post
    Besides wanting to improve the game, I think we should also focus on trying to improve the forum. Let's start with the visual aspect of it. I think the theme used is cool and all, and brand new. But there are members who wanted the old theme as an alternte option to toggle, which I could understand and agree with. Also, add new emojis/emotes/smilies. The ones available seems limited. Using emojis from our mobile keyboards just invert them into this "������" (I used the pensive emoji). We should also add a chat feature. I have been in another forum before and we have this small chat box can be toggled at the near-bottom part of the website. Lastly, they should add "Recent Threads" category for people to see newly posted or replied threads instead of just looking on each sub-forum one by one.
    I don't really care about the forums, because I only care about you and all of the forumers existing at the forums. Aye

I love these suggestions!
    "Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right; it makes you free."
    - Stormie Omartian

Sugoi Sugoi +1

Don't forget join secret santa 2019 here:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ret-Santa-2019
    Probably u can't click this!

Instagram: Rimuoi._
    Discord: * Asagiri Rim *#1725

Banned

Bump! Bump! These are images from the forum I'm in.
    I have lots of other suggestions I could take from the forum, so long as I ask the Admin – a good friend of mind.

Name:  Screenshot_2019-08-12-22-55-20-901_com.android.chrome.png
Views: 67
Size:  722.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2019-08-12-22-55-05-303_com.android.chrome.png
Size:  435.3 KB

Very good ideas, forumers like us should try to put this into action
    Discord: Nicholas #5824
    Instagram: doctornick.gt
    IGN: DoctorNick
    Level: 73
    Guilds Owned: idiots (axolotl logo)
    Goals: Rushboard 200/200
    Goals: Become a moderator/help the community in any way
    I want ring of shrinking

Sorry for another bump, but I have edited my post and added a couple of more suggestions. Hope you guys like my idea, and I hope NekoRei or other moderators/administratos sees this and respond whether or not to implement any/all of these.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boyinblue View Post
    dont see why not,
    chat feature sounds cool
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtlePirate View Post
    I love these suggestions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimuoi View Post
    Sugoi Sugoi +1
    Thanks so much for your feedbacks! I really hope these would be given attention since we kind of need to make the forum more interesting. Ubisoft now have the game and the forum so it's most likely a big company would be gathering more players and those players might be interested in joining the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    Why not? Because instead of working on the forums Growtopia staff would rather choose to spend their time powertripping in game.

Unless you're going to suggest more features to do moderators jobs for them (such as the report feature that they already ignore anyways. I'm sure they'd appreciate suggestions for how to automate the removal of posts that have been reported by at least two people), then there's no reason to bother. Even extremely trivial suggestions like increasing moderator inbox sizes, which is something that some of the few moderators who actually care about the forums themselves want, is ignored, because those above them want to be able to feign ignorance with the excuse of a full inbox.

It's great to hear that you care about the forums, but i'd advise against any wishful thinking.
    I couldn't really understand. Can you rephrase that? Sorry. I was trying to comprehend your reply, reading back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    Sorry I was just bashing the administration. TL;DR good on you for caring about the forums but I wouldn't expect any of your suggestions be implemented.
    Ahh, yeah. Mum always tell me not to expect too much or keep high hopes. But who knows?

Bump! Added 2 more suggestions.

Bump!

Bump! Bump! These are images from the forum I'm in.
    I have lots of other suggestions I could take from the forum, so long as I ask the Admin – a good friend of mind.

Name:  Screenshot_2019-08-12-22-55-20-901_com.android.chrome.png
Size:  722.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2019-08-12-22-55-05-303_com.android.chrome.png
Size:  435.3 KB

That's a xiaomi phone (for those who don't know Xiaomi, it's a Chinese phone company) and it's not sold in Japan. Are you a trap? Source: I own a xiaomi aswell and the battery bar, data bar and time matches my layout exactly.
    To thine own self be true,
    and it must follow,
    as the night the day,
    thou canst not then be false to any man.

I have read through Ubisoft's ToS and EULA, feel free to ask any questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
    That's a xiaomi phone (for those who don't know Xiaomi, it's a Chinese phone company) and it's not sold in Japan. Are you a trap? Source: I own a xiaomi aswell and the battery bar, data bar and time matches my layout exactly.
    No, I just bought a Xiaomi Redmi 6. Is there anything wrong with that? I was even playing a Chinese racing/drifting game before returning to Growtopia. 😐

No, I just bought a Xiaomi Redmi 6. Is there anything wrong with that? I was even playing a Chinese racing/drifting game before returning to Growtopia. 😐
    Xiaomi isn't sold in Japan lol
    To thine own self be true,
    and it must follow,
    as the night the day,
    thou canst not then be false to any man.

I have read through Ubisoft's ToS and EULA, feel free to ask any questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
    Xiaomi isn't sold in Japan lol
    So I can't buy a Chinese phone? There's even an International version of the brand.