125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

72 57.60%
  • No

39 31.20%
  • Don't have an Opinion

14 11.20%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Petition to Remove the Guild Event: Fishing Fanatics!

This event shreds through wls between bait, and rods. But all of the events are pretty much the worst as well, surgery, startopia are not as bad as fishing. A lot of people also get very impatient in fishing because there is a chance you will not get fish from the bait. I think we need to reconsider the fishing event as well, but I'm fine if it stays in the game. It's not going to kill us.
    Discord: Nicholas #5824
    Instagram: doctornick.gt
    IGN: DoctorNick
    Level: 73
    Guilds Owned: idiots (axolotl logo)
    Goals: Rushboard 200/200
    Goals: Become a moderator/help the community in any way
    I want ring of shrinking

Quote Originally Posted by BoxeyBoy View Post
    What do you guys mean??? I just L o v e standing still and wasting WLS on baits to catch fishies for the same darn points no matter what type of fish or fish sizes! I just love these type of event when all you do is standing still without doing something more activeee

sarcasm at its finest
    And remember, we love how this takes more than 10h for sure and that is only if you don't talk in that 10h. We love how we can be alone in our worlds, ignore every single msg what we get and signal jammer is our best friend, so no one can disturb us. what a lovely event!!!!!
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Canada: The nation of maple syrup and bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    Clearly you don't try guild events properly, you even said in your second paragraph this event turned you off from participating. Also surgery and startopia event are balanced with cheaper and more lenient anomalizing tools, that is they use far less anomalizing tools to compensate. Pristines cosf 3,500 for surg and star, but 5,000 for fishing and others.

My biggest complaint by far is the amount of time the fishing event takes. With the addition of roles and several surgery updates, the surgery event is easily the most affordable. If you're not too lazy to do role quests you can max startopia for FREE (just ask MadameZ).

My entire point is that this event is not fun because it's so grossly unbalanced, your lack of participation is but another testament to that fact. Because the fishing event has supposedly been rebalanced several times but still remains incredibly unbalanced, it seems far more logical just to remove it altogether.

- - - Updated - - -

I referenced you in my most recent post, ironic you brought up cost which is what I referenced you regarding
    I think you might’ve misunderstood my point. I absolutely see where you’re coming from and I pretty much agree with most of what you’re advocating for. I however don’t think that removing the event entirely from the roster is the most logical solution that can be applied.

You even mentioned it yourself on several occasions; the event is unbalanced. Whether the issue is cost, the time it takes to max out your personal stats or anything else for that matter, I think we can all agree that the current guild event should’ve been more throughly planned out. Is cancelling the event entirely the most viable solution? I’d have to disagree.

As I’ve stated earlier, postponing the event is probably the best idea. To further elaborate on what I mean, I think that the event should be “paused” for maybe a week and a half. What is meant by this is that all players’/guilds’ current stats are frozen as to where they currently stand and, after what is hopefully a lot of testing and re-balancing, the guild event continues.

I find this to be a good compromise between those who want the event to continue (as they fear losing all the WLS they’ve currently spent on Fishing Fanatics) and those who want to cancel it altogether (as they see the event being too unbalanced and in need of dire changes).

I have to say, your argument is completely valid and I support the bulk of it. I just don’t think that cancelling the event altogether is the best option. Yes, it’s been “rebalanced” several times in the past, but it’s not a reason to have lost all hopes. After all, the only way you can learn and grow is by making mistakes.

Quick P.S.: Sorry for the overly-verbose reply, I just can’t control it sometimes. LOL
    Leave a positive mark for the world to see.

#LeastKnownForumerOver1kPosts

Wanna talk? Send me a PM!
    IGN: Immaculate

2-3 hours of fishing is fine. 8-9 hours? Nope that's too big of a stretch.
    IGN: Demondoom
    Level: 65
    #FishTrainingJustice

Before the rebalances, everyone complained that all of the clash events were too expensive to participate in. Now, you’re all complaining to remove one of the 2 events that don’t require too many wls. Sure, it’s boring, but it allows more people to join in.
    IGN: Rovie
    Level: 72

Quote Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
    Before the rebalances, everyone complained that all of the clash events were too expensive to participate in. Now, you’re all complaining to remove one of the 2 events that don’t require too many wls. Sure, it’s boring, but it allows more people to join in.
    Everybody complained about fishing prior to rebalances due to the amount of time it took fyi. (Fishing was average priced before anyway; surg, star, and cooking were the cheapest)
    IGN: MadameZ

I don't think an event should be removed because it is boring, rather, that gives the reason that it needs to be improved and worked on. Specifically here, it needs work done on its core gameplay and long-term goals. Fishing in any game is mechanically dull, it's just how it is, but make it feel rewarding and it could become interesting.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Quote Originally Posted by Immaculate View Post
    I think you might’ve misunderstood my point. I absolutely see where you’re coming from and I pretty much agree with most of what you’re advocating for. I however don’t think that removing the event entirely from the roster is the most logical solution that can be applied.

You even mentioned it yourself on several occasions; the event is unbalanced. Whether the issue is cost, the time it takes to max out your personal stats or anything else for that matter, I think we can all agree that the current guild event should’ve been more throughly planned out. Is cancelling the event entirely the most viable solution? I’d have to disagree.

As I’ve stated earlier, postponing the event is probably the best idea. To further elaborate on what I mean, I think that the event should be “paused” for maybe a week and a half. What is meant by this is that all players’/guilds’ current stats are frozen as to where they currently stand and, after what is hopefully a lot of testing and re-balancing, the guild event continues.

I find this to be a good compromise between those who want the event to continue (as they fear losing all the WLS they’ve currently spent on Fishing Fanatics) and those who want to cancel it altogether (as they see the event being too unbalanced and in need of dire changes).

I have to say, your argument is completely valid and I support the bulk of it. I just don’t think that cancelling the event altogether is the best option. Yes, it’s been “rebalanced” several times in the past, but it’s not a reason to have lost all hopes. After all, the only way you can learn and grow is by making mistakes.

Quick P.S.: Sorry for the overly-verbose reply, I just can’t control it sometimes. LOL
    Ah ok, I meant that after this iteration of the event it should just never come back. It's supoosedly been rebalanced like three times, but each of them still leaving it as a massive grind. My point is, why take our chances hoping a 4th rebalance will fix it? Why not just ditch it in favour of more interesting events.

Although I see your points and I agree with you mostly as well, I think we just have different opinions on how to approach it. Also I don't want them to ditch the event in this iteration as I've already spent 6 hours on it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
    My main argument is the time factor, I'm used to spending a few hundred wls every event from previous clashes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MadameZ View Post
    Everybody complained about fishing prior to rebalances due to the amount of time it took fyi. (Fishing was average priced before anyway; surg, star, and cooking were the cheapest)
    I even explicitly asked...

The points are a more pressing concern than the break chances. Now that there are no longer Exquisites and Elegant recipes are somewhat difficult, most of us will be attempting to get maximum points using Pristines, this event needs to be balanced muchly so that it won't take 12+ hours of fishing with Pristines just to get max points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Don't worry, you won't be fishing for hours.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Lesser Wizard

It took me 4 hours to max my personal rewards and only 32 pristine used.
    One of the best Kyderby racer in Growtopia.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeRoy View Post
    It took me 4 hours to max my personal rewards and only 32 pristine used.
    It depends on how 'pristine' the rod is. If it breaks, it breaks. If its not, continue going then. Its called "RNG"
    What, You Egg?
    [He Stabs Him]

Lesser Wizard

ageee with Techy. no need remove. make it more rewarding.
    Fireball116
    Owner of:
    BLACKSMITH: public anvil/forge/altar and all smithing recipes
    WIKIEVENTZ: guide/recipe to all GT events
    BUYPOTIONS/BUYLOBSTERQUEST
    Guild leader BLACKSMITH, ranked top 20 in Spring Clash

Keep the challenge but just balance it so it doesn’t take 8-10 hours
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

Make pristine atleast like lico rods. Or just same with other rods. But I suggest the reliable one dont copy the common rods
    Who I'm I?
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 47/125
    Goals: Technically for now get tons of pepper trees for harvestfest
    Description: I'm a mature person, I'm very playful and so childish sometimes but I don't go overboard..
    I

they said they would make guild events fun and less competitive?

Master Sorcerer
    I spent like 2 minutes thinking of something funny to write here. I can't think of anything.

This event is a very long grind, that nobody likes, we can't just fish with Elegant Anomarods + Elegant Potions + Candy Cane Bait (OR COTD).
    Name:  image0.png
Views: 89
Size:  606.0 KB

Or can you?
    IGN: PoseidionYT

The worst kind of people are those who put Moderators saying their names in their signature. How pretentious.

Banned

What a waste of bait. Yes

Remove? nah... they must replace this boring clash event with crime or etc...
    IGN: Dreiiiiiii
    DLS: 180/200 DLS
    MAIN WORLD: Dreiii
    ANGEL OF MERCY: Done

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwing View Post
    Name:  image0.png
Views: 89
Size:  606.0 KB

Or can you?
    some mad lads
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Idk, sadly i must say no. I actually like the event and i haven't gotten any problems so far. My pristine rods sometimes last up to 30 mins, so that's great.
    And about the prices, surgery and startopia aren't any better. Some of the people don't even know how to do it.
    Like me.

But it doe suck that mods havent given any replies AT ALL yet.
    Have some Chocolate to make your day better! 🍫

Sometimes..i just wonder..what if..what if memes..were a currency..But then you realize that you're from Europe.

Stupidity has no limits

Cat memes and Dank memes are the best. Don't @ me

The only good thing about fishing and other non-skill-based events is that they are available for almost everyone - average farmer, builder, trader... But as brought in, those events are very time-consuming and don't bring in any challenges. Sitting in front of the screen, eyes bloody, is certainly not fun/challenging at all.

"Time is money."

I don't know if it's just me, but tools feel as good/bad as before the revamp...Also, I have hard times understanding the replacement of exquisite, elegant tools seem to be even more expensive and are probably straightest way to personal leaderboard top.

Skill-based events. Considering the skill-based events, some are rather expensive. Cooking looks like the most available event, but I am a bit concerned about startopia and surgery. I find that majority of growtopians would be left untouched, as most of them aren't that competent for this event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry Teacher
    Do not be afraid to talk to yourself. It is good to talk with a smart person.