Thread: Introducing global competitiveness does not come without changes or needed feedback

Default Introducing global competitiveness does not come without changes or needed feedback

Guild events.
    They felt like they've always been treated like "updates" rather than close and looked-after progression. There is and has always been flaws, despite the multiple times the events themselves have been changed - effort is required from the players AND the devs. The gap between the two causes never ending issues ranging from unbalance, misinformation, to questionable behavior unaddressed by ethical standards. Clearly the core problem is

Lack of communication and explanation of those changes in their exact details.

Do you know why those top competitive games perform so well? Communication is a must, so is informing and discussing posibilities with players, because these games still remain player driven. Imagine if a certain competitive game started changing some stats without telling their players in advance, the havok it would cause. Thankfully for the staff we seem used to this due to the already existing void between us and the staff.

Now if you want effective change you need to consider those very changes
    • Full patch notes for each single guild event changes. Even numbers, and break chances, or at least mention it. This prevents people literally going blind in the first very event and regretting doing so, preferably before release.
    • Appropriate, fast responses to questions and feedback, polls to upcoming guild changes. This is the third time the guild events have changed and they're still as plain and annoying as they ever were.
    • Announcements. You can't just avoid not telling players when the next events or changes will be. There's serious preparation in materials and also guild recruits being made. We shouldn't have to do that in the last minute.

Personally, i'm only in those events because I want the untradeable, but I'm sure the majority thinks or at least did that they're just a burden, mainly because we're still forcibly spending hours getting anywhere, instead of doing anything else.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Guild events.
    They felt like they've always been treated like "updates" rather than close and looked-after progression. There is and has always been flaws, despite the multiple times the events themselves have been changed - effort is required from the players AND the devs. The gap between the two causes never ending issues ranging from unbalance, misinformation, to questionable behavior unaddressed by ethical standards. Clearly the core problem is

Lack of communication and explanation of those changes in their exact details.

Do you know why those top competitive games perform so well? Communication is a must, so is informing and discussing posibilities with players, because these games still remain player driven. Imagine if a certain competitive game started changing some stats without telling their players in advance, the havok it would cause. Thankfully for the staff we seem used to this due to the already existing void between us and the staff.

Now if you want effective change you need to consider those very changes
    • Full patch notes for each single guild event changes. Even numbers, and break chances, or at least mention it. This prevents people literally going blind in the first very event and regretting doing so, preferably before release.
    • Appropriate, fast responses to questions and feedback, polls to upcoming guild changes. This is the third time the guild events have changed and they're still as plain and annoying as they ever were.
    • Announcements. You can't just avoid not telling players when the next events or changes will be. There's serious preparation in materials and also guild recruits being made. We shouldn't have to do that in the last minute.

Personally, i'm only in those events because I want the untradeable, but I'm sure the majority thinks or at least did that they're just a burden, mainly because we're still forcibly spending hours getting anywhere, instead of doing anything else.
    Totally agree with your thread, unfortunately, Ubisoft won't probably even read this. so..meh
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that died 21-23.8.2019, she went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never ever forget you

I agree!!

Most updates are composed of algorithms, proc chances, drop rates (RNG basically) etc. that the team choose not to reveal almost all the time. Many of these numbers are vital for player satisfaction, justification and fun as well. In order for us to know these RNG we have to burn a lot of resources to gather data just to be disappointed in the end, or we need to ask Devs on the forums which replies so inconsistently and unpredictably.

These are not just seen on the guild events but to many items and buffs that give players advantage, like ancestral.

I am on the side of Devs giving patch notes to concerned players, it can be here in the forums or a link in the Gazette.

Don’t get me wrong, there are things that can remain hidden if it is the nature of the mechanic such as recipes, riddles, huntings etc.
    IGN: Eutimio

Discord: Eutimio#0415

Instagram: @Eutimio_GT

My BFG Laser Grid 1st Harvest Official Data
    Click "here" for more info

I want the untradable, but since idh many wls i can only do simple ones like bashers or harvest/planting
    IGN: Emblazon

Joined Growtopia: July 25th, 2014
    Main World: EMBLAZON
    Level: 54
    Goals: (3/4 Completed)
    Reach Level 50: (50/50)
    Play Growtopia for 4 years: (4/4)
    Own a BUY World: (.98/1)
    Own Seil Orbs: (2/200)

I agree completely, particularly with the patch notes. People like doing calculations to work out how long activities will take them, or what the chance of getting a certain item is. I hate more than anything how data is kept under lock and key. Is it really going to hurt the game to release official values for ancestrals, clovers, stethoscopes, tea, anomalizing tools, etc.?

The lack of an announced guild date makes it incredibly hard to prepare for upcoming events. If there wasn't a Legendary Branch, Guild Events would be dead (save people going for the medals), largely because there's nothing appealing about an unexplained grind that takes place randomly once every month.

My biggest issue with updates is definitely the lack of information, particularly in cases such as Golden Party-in-a-Box.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

as much as you have had controversies in the past, i 100% agree with you on this. +1
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

Banned

Significantly true, the guild event(s) are really (lacking of information)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    I agree completely, particularly with the patch notes. People like doing calculations to work out how long activities will take them, or what the chance of getting a certain item is. I hate more than anything how data is kept under lock and key. Is it really going to hurt the game to release official values for ancestrals, clovers, stethoscopes, tea, anomalizing tools, etc.?

The lack of an announced guild date makes it incredibly hard to prepare for upcoming events. If there wasn't a Legendary Branch, Guild Events would be dead (save people going for the medals), largely because there's nothing appealing about an unexplained grind that takes place randomly once every month.

My biggest issue with updates is definitely the lack of information, particularly in cases such as Golden Party-in-a-Box.
    ON POINT!!!!!!!!!
    IGN: Eutimio

Discord: Eutimio#0415

Instagram: @Eutimio_GT

My BFG Laser Grid 1st Harvest Official Data
    Click "here" for more info

It isn’t even just guilds, when ever odds get changed or prices those should be put in the patch notes.

Example of good and bad patch notes

BAD:

Harvest fest is coming up!, has well has our new monthly!

Good:

Added in harvest fest
    Decreased chance for balance mooncakes due to inflation
    Decreased chance for harvest ghost due to inflation
    Buffed block drops for dna plants from 1>10
    Buffed block drops of clash blocks 5>10

Master Sorcerer

Agreed. Has Nekorei at least read this?
    Interesting threads I've made:

STARSITE: Startopia Upgrades, Blasts and Role Items

BUYSURGROLE: Surgery Role Items
    BFGSITE: Free Daily BFG