Thread: Fix this scam please and thank you

Default Fix this scam please and thank you

There's been a crystal scam around for months already where owners pretend to buy crystals for more wls than usual. Now you might obviously think who in their right mind would fall for that but well, people still do and quite often. The scam is about them having a builder lock in world that allows only building and their world is royal locked. They do good job usually hiding the builder lock and the lines so their hope is that you will try to place crystal to show the owner that you are selling certain crystal.

I would suggest making it so that you can't place crystals unless you have access to the lock. This would significantly help against this scam. I don't really see a reason to allow crystal placement in public building area anyways. Obviously there are other expensive blocks you could build but the reason crystals are so crucial is because you can visually see which crystal the person is trying to place. This does not apply to any of the other blocks (as far as I know). That encourages people to spam crystal around (like in buycrystal) to sell their crystal.

You didn't have to include please and thank you in the title but overall +1
    To thine own self be true,
    and it must follow,
    as the night the day,
    thou canst not then be false to any man.

I have read through Ubisoft's ToS and EULA, feel free to ask any questions!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomMate View Post
    There's been a crystal scam around for months already where owners pretend to buy crystals for more wls than usual. Now you might obviously think who in their right mind would fall for that but well, people still do and quite often. The scam is about them having a builder lock in world that allows only building and their world is royal locked. They do good job usually hiding the builder lock and the lines so their hope is that you will try to place crystal to show the owner that you are selling certain crystal.

I would suggest making it so that you can't place crystals unless you have access to the lock. This would significantly help against this scam. I don't really see a reason to allow crystal placement in public building area anyways. Obviously there are other expensive blocks you could build but the reason crystals are so crucial is because you can visually see which crystal the person is trying to place. This does not apply to any of the other blocks (as far as I know). That encourages people to spam crystal around (like in buycrystal) to sell their crystal.
    Actually if I'm not mistaken this scam has been around since the builder lock was introduced.
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

30/10/2017
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303266&dateline=15318  17540

hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

My face: (nonexistant)