Thread: The real balancing we need

Default The real balancing we need

There's quite a lot of flaws to the recent guild event balancing which I feel Ubisoft didn't really grasp the idea of what we want. Let's begin shall we?

1. Difference in time required: This is what most people are angry about, that one event only took like 3 hours while this fishing takes WAY longer to complete as it takes somewhere between 7-8 hours to complete. You have to realize what people want is to complete the event in 2-3 hours and be done with it, not having to spend half their day grinding a boring event. There is no fun in guild events really, people are only participating to get the legendary branch. People want to get it over with as quick as possible.

2. Finale ticket: Instead of having a RNG prize at the end of the branch, they decided to introduce a new finale parkour. Which is a nice idea, but that's all there is to it. There is 0 significance to the parkour as the majority of the players just hire someone else to complete it for them, thus there is no need to really have 9 separate levels. Ticket should either become untradeable, or completely remove it and have people just straight up get a random prize upon finishing a branch.

3. Unbalanced elegant tools: Initially, the pristine tools for startopia, cooking & surgery cost only 3.5k gems instead of 5k gems for the other events, thus having the costs be significantly lower. This balances out due to the cost in doing those 3 events, BUT not for elegant tools. As elegant tools have practically replaced exquisite tools now, that is the only way to efficiently finish guild events ASAP. However, there is a problem. The costs of the elegant tools vary GREATLY due to rather huge differences in recipes & the method of obtaining the materials. For example, Elegant Bone Saw requires 1 Operating Theatre Lamp vs Elegant Anomarod requiring 25 Naval Mines. Oh it shouldn't be too big of a problem... right?

Here's the issue. Operating theatre lamp drops in batches of 5, while naval mine drops in batches of 1. Furthermore, it's far more efficient and faster to grind surgery role drops than fishing role drops as you can get ALL surgery drops at the same time, but for fishing? You can only get 1 per bait. (Or 2 for fishing fly) So if someone was to grind surgery for let's say 2 hours & his friend grinds fishing for 2 hours, the person who grinds surgery will have a crap ton of surgery role drops, while his friend will only have 10-12 naval mines & 10-12 oil slicks. It's far better & faster grinding for surgery role drops as you get much more quantity & variety compared to grinding fishing drops.

4. Finale parkour nerf: The parkour prize rates seemed to have gotten nerfed this month with A LOT of players complaining that they never got an epic prize after using a ton of tickets. Yes the rates last clash were seemingly way too high for epics, but really? There was no mentioning of the rates changing, we should have at least been told something. People have been getting like 1 epic every 10+ tickets which isn't anywhere close to 14% either. The chances for common prizes also seems to have been increased from what I've seen.

5. No announcement beforehand: Happened with last event, happened this time too. NekoRei even apologized to us and assured that there will be an announcement before this month's event as you can see here.
    Name:  attachment.png
Views: 181
Size:  39.6 KB

Is it that hard to give us a warning? The event started exactly at 0:00 meaning it was already a pre-set automatic update with a given date. So why didn't we get any announcements?
    IGN: Demondoom
    Level: 65
    #FishTrainingJustice

Quote Originally Posted by DemondoomGT View Post
    There's quite a lot of flaws to the recent guild event balancing which I feel Ubisoft didn't really grasp the idea of what we want. Let's begin shall we?

1. Difference in time required: This is what most people are angry about, that one event only took like 3 hours while this fishing takes WAY longer to complete as it takes somewhere between 7-8 hours to complete. You have to realize what people want is to complete the event in 2-3 hours and be done with it, not having to spend half their day grinding a boring event. There is no fun in guild events really, people are only participating to get the legendary branch. People want to get it over with as quick as possible.

2. Finale ticket: Instead of having a RNG prize at the end of the branch, they decided to introduce a new finale parkour. Which is a nice idea, but that's all there is to it. There is 0 significance to the parkour as the majority of the players just hire someone else to complete it for them, thus there is no need to really have 9 separate levels. Ticket should either become untradeable, or completely remove it and have people just straight up get a random prize upon finishing a branch.

3. Unbalanced elegant tools: Initially, the pristine tools for startopia, cooking & surgery cost only 3.5k gems instead of 5k gems for the other events, thus having the costs be significantly lower. This balances out due to the cost in doing those 3 events, BUT not for elegant tools. As elegant tools have practically replaced exquisite tools now, that is the only way to efficiently finish guild events ASAP. However, there is a problem. The costs of the elegant tools vary GREATLY due to rather huge differences in recipes & the method of obtaining the materials. For example, Elegant Bone Saw requires 1 Operating Theatre Lamp vs Elegant Anomarod requiring 25 Naval Mines. Oh it shouldn't be too big of a problem... right?

Here's the issue. Operating theatre lamp drops in batches of 5, while naval mine drops in batches of 1. Furthermore, it's far more efficient and faster to grind surgery role drops than fishing role drops as you can get ALL surgery drops at the same time, but for fishing? You can only get 1 per bait. (Or 2 for fishing fly) So if someone was to grind surgery for let's say 2 hours & his friend grinds fishing for 2 hours, the person who grinds surgery will have a crap ton of surgery role drops, while his friend will only have 10-12 naval mines & 10-12 oil slicks. It's far better & faster grinding for surgery role drops as you get much more quantity & variety compared to grinding fishing drops.

4. Finale parkour nerf: The parkour prize rates seemed to have gotten nerfed this month with A LOT of players complaining that they never got an epic prize after using a ton of tickets. Yes the rates last clash were seemingly way too high for epics, but really? There was no mentioning of the rates changing, we should have at least been told something. People have been getting like 1 epic every 10+ tickets which isn't anywhere close to 14% either. The chances for common prizes also seems to have been increased from what I've seen.

5. No announcement beforehand: Happened with last event, happened this time too. NekoRei even apologized to us and assured that there will be an announcement before this month's event as you can see here.
    Name:  attachment.png
Views: 181
Size:  39.6 KB

Is it that hard to give us a warning? The event started exactly at 0:00 meaning it was already a pre-set automatic update with a given date. So why didn't we get any announcements?
    you basically copied my thread and screenshot and added one thing to it, wouldn't it be better not to smart forums and just reply to other threads talking about that?..
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that died 21-23.8.2019, she went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never ever forget you

Quote Originally Posted by CzeGamer View Post
    you basically copied my thread and screenshot and added one thing to it, wouldn't it be better not to smart forums and just reply to other threads talking about that?..
    ??? What?? If you mean no announcement part, thats only one part of the entire thread
    IGN: Demondoom
    Level: 65
    #FishTrainingJustice

Quote Originally Posted by CzeGamer View Post
    might as well say that everyone else copied "your" idea since that's what everyone been complaining about.
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

I like the idea to get rid off the finale ticket. I cant do parkour that much. I put an effort for something I can't do.

Please be noted that not ANYONE can do Parkour. Even myself. Even tho we do a lot of parkours and stuff. And the only thing we practice for parkour is to prepare for LEGENDARYMOUNTAIN. Just get rid of the Ticket completely and just put a Random Prize and a Legendary Key as well.
    What, You Egg?
    [He Stabs Him]

These are some good ideas!
    Discord: Nicholas #5824
    Instagram: doctornick.gt
    IGN: DoctorNick
    Level: 73
    Guilds Owned: idiots (axolotl logo)
    Goals: Rushboard 200/200
    Goals: Become a moderator/help the community in any way
    I want ring of shrinking

The idea of nerfing the parkour part might be a good idea,i think they should replace it with something else.