Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Any tips for soccer/football?

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer FuryTurtleGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    AZ, USA
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Any tips for soccer/football?

    I'm planning on doing soccer this year for my school with my friends, but I've never played soccer before and know little about it. Do you have any tips on how I can improve and the important aspects of the game? The only reason I'm doing this is because I'm well conditioned, I do cross country and track. I'm a skinnier/smaller type of guy and I don't know any skill moves. What position should I be at?
    My Instagram profile - @FuryTurtle

    IGN: FuryTurtle


    Message me for free harvester service

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuryTurtleGT View Post
    I'm planning on doing soccer this year for my school with my friends, but I've never played soccer before and know little about it. Do you have any tips on how I can improve and the important aspects of the game? The only reason I'm doing this is because I'm well conditioned, I do cross country and track. I'm a skinnier/smaller type of guy and I don't know any skill moves. What position should I be at?
    If you are good at defending like tackling players/getting the ball from their feet, I suggest you being a defender. Size does not matter in Soccer, I know some very “tiny” friends being good Soccer players. Good luck. Tip is to keep looking at the ball, communication is also very important in Soccer, so ask your friends to form a strategy.
    IGN [MOBILE/PC] Pokekid123

    Insta account: @pokekidgt

    I don’t farm. Just chill.

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer walkstick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    United States of Prussia
    Posts
    1,697

    Default

    aim for the ball wether the enemy player or the football both'll work
    Annie shot JFK
    Annie is evil
    don't be like Annie
    Be like Oswald

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer effanx11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nowhere Particular
    Posts
    4,074

    Default

    First of all, NEVER ever kick the ball just because it comes to you. If you don't believe in your skills, then just pass the ball to a teammate. Sometimes when the opponent comes to steal the ball from you, do not panic, don't freeze. calmly find someone to give the ball to. If you find no one, believe in yo skill and try to dribble or something to get the ball ahead.
    Avatar Credits Go To SnowCone

    IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    First of all, NEVER ever kick the ball just because it comes to you. If you don't believe in your skills, then just pass the ball to a teammate. Sometimes when the opponent comes to steal the ball from you, do not panic, don't freeze. calmly find someone to give the ball to. If you find no one, believe in yo skill and try to dribble or something to get the ball ahead.
    You should if you are the defending your opponent or if the ball is getting close to your team's goalpost.
    IGN [MOBILE/PC] Pokekid123

    Insta account: @pokekidgt

    I don’t farm. Just chill.

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Oma357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    (JAMMED!)
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    I rarely play soccer but i know something or two
    Firstly ALWAYS PASS if your not confident you can score from your current location
    Also keep a pretty big gap between you and your friends so you can cover up the field the more you cover the longer your passes and thus easier to intercept so don't go too large or too small
    And no matter what happens dont show off thats an instant lose for you
    I recommend having a referee cuz alot of fights will happen if you dont have kne
    Join our Jahy-Sama discord server

    https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:320x,crop:x800,quality:90x75/images/4a395a47cc1ac6d5c1141763cb3b5b1873f6b48f97bed31d31  0248a3523e00fb_1.jpg

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer effanx11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nowhere Particular
    Posts
    4,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    You should if you are the defending your opponent or if the ball is getting close to your team's goalpost.
    you should know what I mean. when the ball just rolls over to you, and you don't know what to do. so u act like a scared nerd and try to get it away from you, as if its an insect.
    Avatar Credits Go To SnowCone

    IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer loyalty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    happy thoughts
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    stay calm, know your surroundings and know your teammates, obviously
    真の幸福を達成.




  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Ohlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    in Gummibear64
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    I would avoid midfield unless you are very confident in distributing the ball quickly and under pressure. Midfielders have to want to receive the ball constantly, have good field vision, and be able to check on and off the ball in most formations.

    Defense is very positional and boring — take it from me, I played the position for thirteen years. You do not need to do much skill-wise, but you need basic skills and some decent speed. It would be a good place to start if you have almost no prior experience; however, if I were to have my first choice for a position, I am not choosing center-back.

    Honestly, juggling is one of the best things you can practice solo. It will help with a gentler touch on the ball. You are well-conditioned, so as long as you practice the actual game, you should be fine.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

    I am a proud Hakmarian — the pope in fact!

    Contact Info:

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer FuryTurtleGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    AZ, USA
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    I would avoid midfield unless you are very confident in distributing the ball quickly and under pressure. Midfielders have to want to receive the ball constantly, have good field vision, and be able to check on and off the ball in most formations.

    Defense is very positional and boring — take it from me, I played the position for thirteen years. You do not need to do much skill-wise, but you need basic skills and some decent speed. It would be a good place to start if you have almost no prior experience; however, if I were to have my first choice for a position, I am not choosing center-back.

    Honestly, juggling is one of the best things you can practice solo. It will help with a gentler touch on the ball. You are well-conditioned, so as long as you practice the actual game, you should be fine.
    Hmm... Thanks. My friends told me to practice getting my touch down
    My Instagram profile - @FuryTurtle

    IGN: FuryTurtle


    Message me for free harvester service

  11. #11
    Lesser Wizard AllyCat22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Tim Hortons ~ Canada
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Skinner/Smaller? If you're speedy, try midfielder. They have to do a lot of running back and forth. :)
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”


    IGN: AllyCat22
    Level: 55
    Guild: Coil (GL)



    POSITIVE. MENTAL. ATTITUDE.

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    12,990

    Default

    pro tip

    don't


    guys I'm finally a dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    You're a dragon of the circus lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by BilaltmnOO View Post
    Arrested for being a dragon

    oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Rimuoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Indonesia, Bekasi
    Posts
    1,178

    Default

    i can't play soccer🤣


    🇺🇲Rimuoi



    Growid: Rimuoi | Lvl: 63 And still noob
    like anime,manga & game


    Started in August?, 2018. But only recently joined the forums!




  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer FuryTurtleGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    AZ, USA
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AllyCat22 View Post
    Skinner/Smaller? If you're speedy, try midfielder. They have to do a lot of running back and forth.
    I heard mid fielder needs a lot of skill though. I legit haven't played soccer in my life. Only kicked around here and there.
    My Instagram profile - @FuryTurtle

    IGN: FuryTurtle


    Message me for free harvester service

  15. #15
    Lesser Wizard slinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    ratatouille
    Posts
    132

    Default

    kick a ball and pretend to be hurt.
    ign: slinkyman
    started playing in July, 2019.
    Growtokens 37/200
    Goal: Growtoken Doggy
    Guild: SOUL (GL)
    YouTube Channel
    World: SLINKYSTUDIOS
    Level: 23

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer FuryTurtleGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    AZ, USA
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    Are there any skill moves I should worry about?
    My Instagram profile - @FuryTurtle

    IGN: FuryTurtle


    Message me for free harvester service

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer Ohlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    in Gummibear64
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuryTurtleGT View Post
    Are there any skill moves I should worry about?
    Learn 1-on-1 defending. It is a very simple concept, and once you are able to grasp it, any striker will generally need to pass instead of taking you on. You basically just do not poke at the ball until the attacker messes up, keeping him in a tight space.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

    I am a proud Hakmarian — the pope in fact!

    Contact Info:

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Chem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    4,675

    Default

    Alright, first, you'll suffer since you've never kicked a ball before.
    Before the ball is passed to you, look around you and if there are no threats around you, do something with the ball (pass, cross etc..), if there's an opponent nearby, I'd suggest clearing the ball away the moment you receive it.

    Of course, all of this is possible after you've learned ball control, shooting basics, ankle locking etc.., I would suggest you join a football club to teach you football.

    Positions? I myself am a left-back, I've got reflexes and probably just a good defender by heart. If you've got insane reflexes, become a goalkeeper. If you've got great vision, a midfielder. If you're pacey, become an attacker. But most importantly, you should pick a position that is on a side taking care of your strong foot (your main foot) and of course a position that you like.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

  19. #19
    Lesser Wizard AllyCat22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Tim Hortons ~ Canada
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuryTurtleGT View Post
    I heard mid fielder needs a lot of skill though. I legit haven't played soccer in my life. Only kicked around here and there.
    You get better every time you play and practice.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”


    IGN: AllyCat22
    Level: 55
    Guild: Coil (GL)



    POSITIVE. MENTAL. ATTITUDE.

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer Chem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    4,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AllyCat22 View Post
    You get better every time you play and practice.
    Simply do this ^^^^^^^^^
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •