Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with the rules & regulations of Sponsoring

Default Problem with the rules & regulations of Sponsoring

Putting this here since it's regarding the new item.

So... TK69's sponsor item came out today, which is interesting considering he has been banned 3 times in the past (that I know of) most recent being in 2017. when the rules say you must have a clean record and there will be no exceptions. Before I continue I just wanna say I personally don't have anything against TK.

I completed all Epic Quests a while ago but got rejected multiple times because of a 13 day ban I got in July of 2018 which is the only ban I've ever had in the span of over 5,5 years I've been playing this game. I tried to appeal the ban back then because I knew it wasn't right but it was never looked into. So let me explain how I got banned.

I was in my world when I saw this guy being very disrespectful towards someone else so I banned him, which resulted in him super-broadcasting talking trash about me. I know I shouldn't have, but I couldn't just stand there so I sbed back a couple times but the worst thing I said was call him dumb and childish. Forwards a couple days I got banned because he had emailed support that I was "harassing him". Now I don't know about you, but if someone assaults someone else and they try to defend themselves would the victim go to jail for harassment and the person who assaulted him would walk free? I know this isn't like a real life crime, this is a game. But it's a direct comparison and if you don't agree with it draw me a better comparison.

This is the guy who reported me for "harassment"

His sole purpose was to get me banned, he was never being harassed. The best part is, if the support had properly reviewed the case he would've been banned for all the things he said to me, but he never was. (currently he is suspended for something else).

I was talking with Kaurkal back when it happened and this is what he had to say, sadly he stepped down.

I think it's about time the rules of sponsoring should be changed, the 3 day ban rule is fine but the "no exceptions" part should be removed, and there already has been exceptions like TK's sponsor item. There are many people including me who should be allowed to sponsor but can't, because of very poorly given bans and when they try to appeal to sponsor they get rejected because of the person reading the email reads the rules and sees no exceptions.

I will be looking forward to hear Ubisoft's response.
    Last edited by LostKings; 08-20-2019 at 03:19 PM.
    IGN: LostKings
    Level: 125
    Achievements: 140/161
    Legendary Items: 3

Man I feel for you, and isn’t locking your own sponsored item BUY world against something or a rule like that?
    IGN: YoMattty
    Discord: Matty#3632
    Currently Working on GrowMarket
    My Community Server: https://discord.gg/6ZbrUvs

It has been discussed on my discord but i'll still provide part of my story:

First of all, the diamond horn ban has been erased from my record.
    I've had a forum one which is now nulled due to being re-allowed to use the forums.
    My last ban is from 2014 for questionable reasons;
    Don't think it was an easy task at all; there has been discussion about it and I assume they allowed it because it's a 5-6 years old ban.

I can't say anything other than they should make it the same as WOTD rules, with a rather large time span of clean behavior.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Cursed

Can't trust everything you see (everything and anything can be fabricated), but if it's actually true then i think you deserve a chance (it's been a year since the initial ban), since Epic Quests can't just be done by anyone, and requires dedication to the game, you deserve an appeal for your effort. plus it's a petty ban imo

Quote Originally Posted by YoMattyGT View Post
    Man I feel for you, and isn’t locking your own sponsored item BUY world against something or a rule like that?
    I think it was never a rule, pretty sure that was for Monthly sponsers, which was recently deleted as you do not get to decide names now
    Current Status
    - Single parent of two
    - Dating
    - 67 years old
    - Professional Growtopia E-Sports player

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    It has been discussed on my discord but i'll still provide part of my story:

First of all, the diamond horn ban has been erased from my record.
    I've had a forum one which is now nulled due to being re-allowed to use the forums.
    My last ban is from 2014 for questionable reasons;
    Don't think it was an easy task at all; there has been discussion about it and I assume they allowed it because it's a 5-6 years old ban.

I can't say anything other than they should make it the same as WOTD rules, with a rather large time span of clean behavior.
    I agree, a large time span of clean behaviour after a Long time ban should be considered because it showed that you changed/behaved. Nobody benefits from a ban.

To OG,
    Hopefully you learned your lesson on your ban which is, not tolerating unreasonable behaviours like this childish person’s act. Ignore them/ report them instead. Don’t fight back using the ways of the enemy, be better.

Hopefully, if you are granted the chance to sponsor an item, you give our community an amazing item.

Also last 4 Sponsor items completed with Achievement bug (On 1 October 2018). Danieldd's Chimera Wings, OVEROLL's Wings, EzCookOven's Robotic Tentacles, Mystical Etherboard These players are didn't even complete Monthly Challenge from Classic Achievements and one of the epic quest is Complete all Classic Achievements...
    On 1 October 2018, 46 more Achievements were added into the game, But there was no 'Classic Achievements'. So, This four players(and much more) completed it with just normal Achievements.

I'm trying to get my sponsor item for a long time but i stuck at Monthly Challenge (Earned for getting top 3 in 30 Daily Challenges). But this four players just complete it with that 140 Achievement Bug.

to developers;
    Please remove Monthly Challenge Achievement from 'Classic Achievements' because Getting top 3 in 30 Daily Challenges is IMPOSSIBLE. That's my only wish.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; GrowPass in GrowTopia!

Cursed

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    I'm trying to get my sponsor item for a long time but i stuck at Monthly Challenge (Earned for getting top 3 in 30 Daily Challenges.. But this four players just complete it with that 140 Achievement Bug.
    /shrug early bird gets the worm?..

The system is VERY flawed. There has been bias going around a lot in it. Even an OFFICIAL CONTENT CREATOR OF THE GAME (Obviously not me. I'm not that rich) wasn't able to sponsor an item because of a ban he had in the past. AND THAT'S A GUY UBISOFT CHOSE A CC yet he can't even sponsor. That's the dumbest thing ever. Plus, the achievement glitch somehow didn't affect the epic quest rules? That's also a question that should be discussed, imo. Really hope you get to sponsor your item because this is just nonsense.
    Ingame name - OldGertie

Instagram - @OldGertie

Discord - OldGertie#3133

Youtube - OldGertie Gaming

Banned

One thing, mods and devs don’t care they’ll end up locking or deleting this thread, the security is way bad. The password glitch hasn’t been fixed for 8 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    The system is VERY flawed. There has been bias going around a lot in it. Even an OFFICIAL CONTENT CREATOR OF THE GAME (Obviously not me. I'm not that rich) wasn't able to sponsor an item because of a ban he had in the past. AND THAT'S A GUY UBISOFT CHOSE A CC yet he can't even sponsor. That's the dumbest thing ever. Plus, the achievement glitch somehow didn't affect the epic quest rules? That's also a question that should be discussed, imo. Really hope you get to sponsor your item because this is just nonsense.
    being a content creator doesn't give you special privileges
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    I agree, a large time span of clean behaviour after a Long time ban should be considered because it showed that you changed/behaved. Nobody benefits from a ban.

To OG,
    Hopefully you learned your lesson on your ban which is, not tolerating unreasonable behaviours like this childish person’s act. Ignore them/ report them instead. Don’t fight back using the ways of the enemy, be better.

Hopefully, if you are granted the chance to sponsor an item, you give our community an amazing item.
    That's tough.

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    Also last 4 Sponsor items completed with Achievement bug (On 1 October 2018). Danieldd's Chimera Wings, OVEROLL's Wings, EzCookOven's Robotic Tentacles, Mystical Etherboard These players are didn't even complete Monthly Challenge from Classic Achievements and one of the epic quest is Complete all Classic Achievements...
    On 1 October 2018, 46 more Achievements were added into the game, But there was no 'Classic Achievements'. So, This four players(and much more) completed it with just normal Achievements.

I'm trying to get my sponsor item for a long time but i stuck at Monthly Challenge (Earned for getting top 3 in 30 Daily Challenges). But this four players just complete it with that 140 Achievement Bug.

to developers;
    Please remove Monthly Challenge Achievement from 'Classic Achievements' because Getting top 3 in 30 Daily Challenges is IMPOSSIBLE. That's my only wish.
    Correction: Danieldd actually did do the monthly challenge achievement, as for the people who did the epic quest before they added the 100 classics to it, apparently it’s fine, like how the collect all 4 valhowla treasures was just get a wolf tamer glove before
    IGN: SirVin
    Have a good day!

Keeping mouth shut....I agree with you LostKings 100%

Quote Originally Posted by 1NB4 View Post
    That's tough.
    for someone like you,ofc it's though
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post

To OG,

well i should comeback after 5-6years then after suspension
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant

Would like to point out that I have earned the epic while for certain time it was obtainable through "Completing 100 achievements" when they added the non classic ones therefore am not at fault & ultimately was unlocked. However this has been changed for a second time and does require you to get the 100 classics.

You could also bring up how many people should not have the "Best Of All Possible Worlds" (Have a #1 today world) classic achievement - yet do because of the random glitch. I have earned that one legitimately back then.

Ultimately all that matters is having it unlocked.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Cursed

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    for someone like you,ofc it's though
    oof.. i sense a lowkey roast.

Congrats to TK69.

Does anyone know where I can find the updated rules and regulations for sponsoring? The website doesn't seem to be updated. I recall reading a post from a mod somewhere on the forum with updated rules pertaining to account bans and exceptions.
    IGN: ChiggaLam
    Level: 111 | Dragon / Wings / Bot
    Sponsored Item: SLaminator's Boomerang (Sponsored by JIRISTAR, ChiggaLam & SLaminator)

Quote Originally Posted by alextclam View Post
    Congrats to TK69.

Does anyone know where I can find the updated rules and regulations for sponsoring? The website doesn't seem to be updated. I recall reading a post from a mod somewhere on the forum with updated rules pertaining to account bans and exceptions.
    The rules aren't updated. I made this thread to show that they should be.
    IGN: LostKings
    Level: 125
    Achievements: 140/161
    Legendary Items: 3