Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Problem with the rules & regulations of Sponsoring

There should be a 'Contest Rules & Regulation' page on their website that outlines all the predefined rules and is applicable to all contests, giveaways, content creator selections and item sponsors. It should be applicable to all current and future contests/programs.

There shouldn't be a new set of rules created each time a new contest/program is introduced. It just doesn't make sense.

A person with a 60 day ban in 2014, which completed all epic quests is not eligible to sponsor an item, however, he/she is eligible to:

1) enter a world building contest to win a first prize of Golden Heart Crystal

2) become selected as a featured content creator

3) win a monthly subscription raffle to design an exclusive item
    IGN: ChiggaLam
    Level: 111 | Dragon / Wings / Bot
    Sponsored Item: SLaminator's Boomerang (Sponsored by JIRISTAR, ChiggaLam & SLaminator)

Banned

You in 2014 is certainly not you in 2019.
    Alot can happen in 5 years, that's what life is all about, growing up and maturing.
    Me 5 years ago is dumb compared to me now and me now will certainly not be the same as me in 5 years.
    The punishments rule should be updated to only take into consideration recent infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by RichWizard View Post
    You in 2014 is certainly not you in 2019.
    Alot can happen in 5 years, that's what life is all about, growing up and maturing.
    Me 5 years ago is dumb compared to me now and me now will certainly not be the same as me in 5 years.
    The punishments rule should be updated to only take into consideration recent infractions.
    Agreed, I believe someone that was banned more than 4-5 years ago should be given another chance and be eligible to sponsor an item. However, according to the epic quest sponsor rules, any ban more than 3 days regardless of when, makes you ineligible.
    Sponsored Item: SLaminator's Boomerang (Sponsored by JIRISTAR, ChiggaLam & SLaminator)

Banned

Autoban glitches should be removed cuz of many ytbers/rich able to do epic quest sich as mrso*** that his alt got banned in an autoban glitch and many more...

They won't be able to determine whether an autoban was due to a glitch or from auto-farming/spamming, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    Talking to you is like talking to a wall.
    you're not making a point either,doesn't means someone is a content creator means they should be able to sponsor even though they have a bad record.
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    that's what you're trynna say,some dude who has a status given by the devs themselves should be able to sponsored even though they had a bad record?
    but content creators don't get chosen if they have a bad record

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alextclam View Post
    At the end of the day, rules are inconsistent.

Epic Quest Sponsor: Any ban, any time, more than 3 days makes you ineligible with no exceptions.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/faq/de...ms-epic-quests

Valentines World Building Contest: Banned more than 3 days during 2017 and 2018 makes you ineligible. Players with bans in 2016 or prior are an exception.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post3901304

Content Creator: No bans mentioned at all.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post3950519

Premium Subscription Monthly Exclusive Item: No bans mentioned at all in the player selection process. This is the closest comparison to the epic quest sponsor. Why would you deny a player who completed epic quests with more than 3 days ban to sponsor an item, however, allow someone with a 30 day ban design an exclusive subscriber item?
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post3871555
    nvm no bans mentioned lol
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant

Truth is I never gotten ban but I was half way to my epic quests. Before growtopia was introduce to the Markets. I randomly search for a sandbox game found this. So I read there terms since 2013 or 2014. Then I started playing hotels, scams, drop games, farming and other things. I never gotten myself ban from auto ban glitches. But I didn't even gotten in such devious trickery.

I guess sometimes we need to face truth rather than facts. And yeah I saw your Sb Lostkings. I thought "why are you being so toxic in a sb" If you don't want any trouble be civil not some dork who goes Wonka's. As the rule states " Violent is not another answer for Violent "
    Who I'm I?
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 47/125
    Goals: Technically for now get tons of pepper trees for harvestfest
    Description: I'm a mature person, I'm very playful and so childish sometimes but I don't go overboard..
    I

a response from Ubisoft regarding this subject would be much appreciated.
    IGN: LostKings
    Level: 125
    Achievements: 140/161
    Legendary Items: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    you're not making a point either,doesn't means someone is a content creator means they should be able to sponsor even though they have a bad record.
    *Sighs*
    He's clearly saying that if someone has a bad record resulting in disallowing him from sponsoring, he shouldn't be a content creator either. Idk how you understood this all the way around.
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

I made a suggestion to revive most dead activities and to stabilize most unbalanced matters in the game, be sure to check it out here!

My minecraft youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by ooopsi View Post
    *Sighs*
    He's clearly saying that if someone has a bad record resulting in disallowing him from sponsoring, he shouldn't be a content creator either. Idk how you understood this all the way around.
    dude never even mentioned that he shouldnt be a content creator
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Yea, I think the "no exceptions" part should definitely be changed.

Let's say a player joins the game in 2013 and they are 12 years old, since the player is young they might make a mistake which causes them to get a ban. After they get banned, they learn their lesson and continue playing, now as a good growtopian. 6 years later, that player is now 18 and mature and behaves much differently to how they did when they were 12 and they decide to spend thousands of hours to complete all of the epic quests! They finally achieve their goal and emails support asking if they can sponsor...

And then support tells them something along the lines of "Sorry, you are not eligible to sponsor because you have been banned for over 7 days and there are no exceptions!"

Personally I don't think that sounds fair.

Let's say that same player joined the game 2 years later, in 2015 and they were now 14. They are a little more mature so this time, the player doesn't do any mistakes which causes them to get banned, and then 4 years later the year is 2019, and the player finally manages to complete all of their epic quests and ask to sponsor. Their sponsor gets accepted.

If you do 1 bad thing and get banned, but you also do 1000 good things and help many players, you still are unable to sponsor because of that 1 bad thing even though it may have been years ago. At the end of the day it is only game, so something that happened many years ago should not stop you from achieving your goals in the future.

I think the rule should be changed to something like "Have a clean record in the past 2 years with no more than 1 ban"

I'm pretty sure this would seems a lot more fair.

The problem is exceptions were made to the rule “before” it has even been thought to be changed officially.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LostKings View Post
    a response from Ubisoft regarding this subject would be much appreciated.
    Ubisoft replies to the constructive threads and not feedback from the game.
    Its like a teacher sending an email to everyone that passes to cheer them THATS DUMB.
    If a teacher does that then he's the best of all time

Quote Originally Posted by -LI0NE- View Post
    Ubisoft replies to the constructive threads and not feedback from the game.
    Its like a teacher sending an email to everyone that passes to cheer them THATS DUMB.
    If a teacher does that then he's the best of all time
    I am confusion.

Ubisoft please stop ignoring the problem and hoping it will go away, this issue needs to be addressed.

Bump......

Cursed

pray they wont eradicate this post first, before even wanting them noticing this @_@

Wait 6 years and problem solved
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Lesser Wizard

I agree that ppl like u with ban 5 years ago should have chance to sponsor an item.
    IGN : TTTZ
    IG : TTTZ_GT
    Discord : TTTZ#3597