Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concerning Game Guadians

Banned

Exclamation Concerning Game Guardians

I'd like to start by congratulating our new game guardians who deserved this role!
    Second, I'd just like to ask everyone: why do you guys want to be guardians so badly?
    Being a game guardian is no fun by any means. Being one requires dedicating your time and effort to the game which I don't think many of you will achieve. You may be active for the first one or two months, but I'm pretty sure 90% of you will get tired and go inactive.
    Please consider what you're applying for seriously, and do not just look at the surface of things. Being a game guardian goes way beyond just having the guardian title.
    Time is free, but it's priceless
    You can't own it, but you can use it
    You can't keep it, but you can spend it
    But once you've lost it, you can NEVER get it back
    The second thing I would like to point out is that the majority of us still go to school. While playing games is awesome, studying should always be your top priority because that's what will help you with your future career. Think again, think about your future, not just about now. You need to look farther than your nose and realize spending most of your time here brings you nothing. You're not paid, you're not learning anything that will help you in your future. You're simply wasting your time which is not good at all.
    The time you give to the wrong people is the time you lose from the right people...and you'll never get that time back
    Think once, twice, thrice, think as much as you want. Dedicate your time to what counts, not to what crunts. Think wisely, spend your time wisely, manage your time wisely.
    And let me tell you something before you think I'm discouraging you so I can get more chances of being one, me myself won't apply to being a guardian because I prioritize my future, over my fun, my career, instead of my joy, my studies over my games.

Think again,
    Wisely.

Oh and, this is purely my opinion (point of view). I'm not in control of your life and you are free to do whatever you want. I'm just trying to show you the other side of being a Game Guardian.
    Last edited by RichWizard; 08-21-2019 at 06:24 PM. Reason: what's worse than people not understanding something?

Nowadays people are just seeking for attention and popularity by any means necessary. They don't realize how some things are more important than their ambitious. I think it's just for the best that they still keep choosing for those who are responsible to do so as it seems to be more effective rather than accepting those who are making some sort of promises about it and how useful they will be. I would also recommend them not to spend much time thinking about this and just try to be yourself. I'm glad that we have players that are too shy to ask for it instead they earn it by not even knowing it as they do things that we should be proud of that makes this community look as decent one.
    Good leadership is a key to success and success is key to good leadership.

IGN: Punchas
    LEVEL: 61
    WORLD: PUNCHASGT
    YT: Puchas Gaming
    Instagram: puchy_gg
    Discord: Paulius#0001

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Punchas View Post
    Nowadays people are just seeking for attention and popularity by any means necessary. They don't realize how some things are more important than their ambitious. I think it's just for the best that they still keep choosing for those who are responsible to do so as it seems to be more effective rather than accepting those who are making some sort of promises about it and how useful they will be. I would also recommend them not to spend much time thinking about this and just try to be yourself. I'm glad that we have players that are too shy to ask for it instead they earn it by not even knowing it as they do things that we should be proud of that makes this community look as decent one.
    I do have to agree with you on that one. If you're worthy, then go for it, but you shouldn't forget the higher priorities. Never prioritize a game over the real life.

Exclamation

I do see where you are coming from.
    Although personally I do not think that it is an issue as long as the people concidering it also concider a balanced schedule.
    It is true that school and education is and should be prioritized by any means, but that doesn't mean you can't spend free-time on the forums/in-game helping out.

And to those who concider Guardians something they'd like to try out and see fit I do hope you're not throwing yourself in without thought.
    {IGN : Gandie}
    {LEVEL : 117/125}

Guild: Ancients

As a kid, when I was, I had a passion for this game. I would wanna become a guardian to help the game out. It would be fun in my own way.
    GrowID: FreshAsian
    Level: 48
    Been playing since: July 29th, 2014

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SantaInGT View Post
    As a kid, when I was, I had a passion for this game. I would wanna become a guardian to help the game out. It would be fun in my own way.
    If you do have the time (your school/university doesn't give you lots of homework/paper work) and the will (you truly feel motivated from the inside and is not just a temporary motivation that dies off), plus your time schedule permits it and it's your passion, then go for it!
    I'm sure you'll be a great guardian if you meet all of those requirements
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Punchas View Post
    People who seek the mod application/ guardian. ^
    +
    People who only host forumer meetups just to be well known. Don't do it for the fame, but for the experience and the people owo.

bash me if you want uwu

I can see the fakes, so when I look in your direction
    Understand I'm seein' right through

-IGN: Dvours

Okay, it's not a waste of time if it benefits everyone in the community. And what do you know about how much time people have, and how they want to spend it.
    People want to become Game Guardians because they want to be a relevant part of the community, helping people not to get scammed, punishing rule breakers.
    Especially when they love this game, and have dedicated so much time into it, and hate seeing people scam, getting scammed all the time and want to help in solving that problem.

Game Guardians don't even have a purple name, so they won't even be famous in the first place, that takes down the fame aspect of it.
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    -
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

Default ANYONE CAN BE WHAT THEY WANT TO BE!

I actually think it's quite understanding what you are doing but you need to be less negative and more optimistic because this may be what YOU think but why should we? Many moderators such as Mahhtin ( AN EX MOD) have asked to be demoted I'm not saying if you are a game guardian ask for this but I'm sure you'll be allowed to if your life is becoming stressful or hard to work with. You talk to much about time and the future. LIFE ISN'T HOW MANY BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT IT'S THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY-Will Smith. Try being an optimist
    LetsGo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Okay, it's not a waste of time if it benefits everyone in the community. And what do you know about how much time people have, and how they want to spend it.
    Think about it for a second. Are you getting paid to do that laborious job? Does it count in your CV for your future employments?
    You literally just go policing the game.

People want to become Game Guardians because they want to be a relevant part of the community, helping people not to get scammed, punishing rule breakers.
    This is good. I never said it's not. But what do they get from it? They're just spending time (they can never get back) on something that benefits them in no way (playing a game benefits you in no way and should only be done in your free time).

Especially when they love this game, and have dedicated so much time into it, and hate seeing people scam, getting scammed all the time and want to help in solving that problem.
    Dedicating your time is awesome. But imagine what would happen if the said player invested his time in something more useful? Be it learning a programming language/getting involved in his local community/having fun with his real-life friends (aka socializing with others - not with virtual others). Just imagine all the potential wasted to police the game, for free, while Ubisoft profits off the labour of free volunteers (indirect slavery).

Game Guardians don't even have a purple name, so they won't even be famous in the first place, that takes down the fame aspect of it.
    Never mentioned fame, and will never do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LETS4GO View Post
    I actually think it's quite understanding what you are doing but you need to be less negative and more optimistic because this may be what YOU think but why should we? Many moderators such as Mahhtin ( AN EX MOD) have asked to be demoted I'm not saying if you are a game guardian ask for this but I'm sure you'll be allowed to if your life is becoming stressful or hard to work with. You talk to much about time and the future. LIFE ISN'T HOW MANY BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT IT'S THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY-Will Smith. Try being an optimist
    By any means, I never said no one should apply, I'm just exposing my point of view, giving my two cents to everyone here to open your eyes on the other part of it. I cannot control your life nor your actions, nor will be willing to do so.
    You're free to do anything you want! I'm just giving an opinion

Quote Originally Posted by RichWizard View Post
    Think about it for a second. Are you getting paid to do that laborious job? Does it count in your CV for your future employments?

This is good. I never said it's not. But what do they get from it? They're just spending time (they can never get back) on something that benefits them in no way (playing a game benefits you in no way and should only be done in your free time).

Dedicating your time is awesome. But imagine what would happen if the said player invested his time in something more useful? Be it learning a programming language/getting involved in his local community/having fun with his real-life friends (aka socializing with others - not with virtual others). Just imagine all the potential wasted to police the game, for free, while Ubisoft profits off the labour of free volunteers (indirect slavery).

Never mentioned fame, and will never do.

- - - Updated - - -

By any means, I never said no one should apply, I'm just exposing my point of view, giving my two cents to everyone here to open your eyes on the other part of it. I cannot control your life nor your actions, nor will be willing to do so.
    If that's what they want to do, they can do it.
    Every statement you make are just opinions of your own. It's not all about you you you.
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

-

not even minimum wage lmao, give me 1 reason why people wanna do this hard work

"ye men, i am OG player yes men, i'm a mini mod because i can men, i prevent skem cus i lick the developers butts men."

i play to game because im a gamer, not a personal game surveillance cctv camera who catches "bad people", i rather catch grasshoppers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Devours View Post
    not even minimum wage lmao, give me 1 reason why people wanna do this hard work

"ye men, i am OG player yes men, i'm a mini mod because i can men, i prevent skem cus i lick the developers butts men."
    Exactly!
    Most of them just want to do it for the powers they get (or maybe because they want to punish that scammer who scammed them a year ago!).
    Both of those reasons give short term motivation (be it a couple of months), and they'll eventually get bored and either quit or be inactive.
    So far, I've never seen anyone in this community (normal forumers) except some (who can be counted on your fingers) who are worthy of becoming guardians, yet you see thousands of players applying to be one. Everyone needs to open their eyes and really think of it for a moment.

Every statement you make are just opinions of your own. It's not all about you you you.
    ... sheesh when a post starts to make sense, y'all mini mods start to open fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Devours View Post
    ... sheesh when a post starts to make sense, y'all mini mods start to open fire.
    I'm not even going to comment on this one.

I surrender.
    Last edited by HugeLock; 08-21-2019 at 06:36 PM.
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

-

Well I will, You play to game, your words so basically you don't care about the well-being of other people, REAL PEOPLE play this game not bots or some offline game, you have a chance to change something in a game you like or love, why would you drag someone down from an opportunity they might be really excited about?

It's not being a 'mini mod' it's called being a decent human being don't try call me out for trying to be positive instead of stuck in a negative state of mind
    LetsGo

Banned

Well I will, You play to game, your words so basically you don't care about the well-being of other people, REAL PEOPLE play this game not bots or some offline game, you have a chance to change something in a game you like or love, why would you drag someone down from an opportunity they might be really excited about?

It's not being a 'mini mod' it's called being a decent human being don't try call me out for trying to be positive instead of stuck in a negative state of mind
    Just leaving this here in case you didn't have the chance to read the above post:

Let's not start a fight though.

... I was talking to the other pessimist, that's why I started it with "you play to game"

- - - Updated - - -

But I am sorry if I came across rude or toxic, I was just really passionate about my views and kinda biased
    LetsGo

Banned

... I was talking to the other pessimist, that's why I started it with "you play to game"

- - - Updated - - -

But I am sorry if I came across rude or toxic, I was just really passionate about my views and kinda biased
    It's alright! I'm not forcing my point of view and nor should you!
    Having opposite points of view is benefiting for the community because multiple opinions helps make better choices.
    As I said in another thread, diversity is great!

That's not something a Game Guardian would say

and i oop-