Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 110

Thread: Remove Roulette Wheels. Please.

  1. #81
    Master Sorcerer Evets1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    I'm from another dimension!
    Posts
    2,011

    Default

    Roulette Wheels are a unique item. They're the only block in the game that does what it does. Is it used mischievously? Unfortunately, yes, but that's just the nature of having unique use in a block. It'll be used bad, in this case, casinos.

    But the same can be said for many other blocks and features in the game.

    Drop games are illegal. They're possible because of the drop feature. Should we remove that too?

    Extreme example, yes, but it's to emphasize how much I'm against removing the block. It should only be considered as a nuclear option if casinos get so out of hand that 99% of the online player base are playing, hosting, or spectating casinos. The new guardians added today will help combat the casinos. Eventually, whether it'd be months, years or decades away, but eventually, the trend of playing or hosting casinos will become too risky of a business to profit out of. Will it remove it completely? Of course not, but it doesn't need to be. We've got so much staff on the team as well as it being stated almost everywhere that casinos are a bannable offense. People just need to grow common sense to not go to them.

    Also, like many others have already stated, people will just use another block as a way to casino. Dice blocks, Roshambo blocks, and Slot Machines are just a few examples.
    Starkos? More like Starcos.

    Social Media
    Twitter Account
    Instagram
    Discord Tag: Evets#4623
    In-Game Name: Evets


    9/20/14, the disconnect we'll never forget.
    12/11/17, the compromised accounts.

    Growtopian since October 2013.

  2. #82
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    Your first post on this thread was heavily implying that OldGertie did do something illegal. You mention how a mod should know whether or not the person(OldGertie in this case) is hosting a casino, add the faxt that he is banned and your basically saying hes lying/was hosting a casino.


    Fun fact: I was actually there at the time of the incident. OldGertie was in fact NOT hosting a casino. I saw no transactions of dropping of trading world locks.


    I even witnessed the admins kicking everyone at the end cause they said a mod told them to shut it down.


    This case happened a while ago, though. If this wasn't the world that got OldGertie banned, I guess what I said was useless(cause then a different world he had got him banned), but the world I saw DID look like a casino(but wasn't) so I'm pretty sure that was the world that got him banned.



    Okok, enough with the slight Ban Discussion. Anyway, I don't think the roulette wherl should lose its its function. Even if all the "RNG" blocks like that "Rock,Paper, Scissors " one, there will still be casinos.

    What is your solution to games like "BJ"/Blackjack? Should Chandeliers no longer drop gems? Should they ways deop a constant amount of gems? Even if they make it drop a constant amount of gems, there will just be a contest of who gets a seeds first.
    This is Growtopia and it is also the internet. I can choose to not believe everything a person says. I want to clarify I wasn't present when the situation happened. A person shared a story and I made a comment on it. There is no video evidence or any proof to substantiate any claims. So I used the word "assume" because assuming is all I can do. You say you were there and seen it was shut down. Then even you are indecisive about certain matters. It is obvious a moderator wants us to leave actual bans out of the discussion and that is fine. What another person chooses to do with his account really isn't my business. If you choose to make your situation public in a forum then I reserve a right to leave an opinion on your situation. If a person can't handle an opinion then they should keep the situation private. I wouldn't even have known anything if it wasn't revealed in the post. If the cause was just about the roulette wheel and not the ban, then the OP should have excluded that part and a moderator wouldn't have to have done it for him.

    A moderator should know the difference between a giveaway and a casino. It isn't wise to make a giveaway look like an illegal activity in the game, but even still a giveaway and a betting game is completely different. I assumed they knew that difference but if they do not then there is a problem that needs clarification. They need to come out and publicly state that even giveaway activity with a roulette wheel is in fact punishable. That is a cause I can get behind if indeed people are being punished for just using a roulette wheel for a giveaway.

    This is the only situation I have heard of about a giveaway with a roulette wheel. I again must assume that it isn't a common situation. In the story, someone hosted a giveaway made to look like a mock-up of a casino an illegal activity to prove how bad that activity is bad only to find out that the moderators, in fact, moderate the activity by shutting it down. Seems like to me the casino situation is being handled and there is no need to really crusade about stopping it when the person saw for themselves that they do get shut down.

    I think the problem is people feel the need to become involved in situations they really shouldn't and don't need to be. Let the moderators take care of casinos and just go play the game. I don't need the game played for me. I don't need training wheels on my game. I know what I can and can't do. The choice is up to me and every individual person to play the game correctly or not.

    Saying I don't like casinos so I made a mock-up of one to prove how bad they are and it got shut down doesn't sound smart. Actually, think that over. I don't like something so I did it. Casinos are illegal what more can you want? People will always break rules. Don't be part of the problem and your already part of the solution. Not participating is already doing your part.
    Last edited by Shawn Wilson; 08-22-2019 at 03:03 AM.

  3. #83
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Canada,Quebec/MTL
    Posts
    44

    Default

    I do think that roulette wheels are bad, but some casino owners already have a betting system but instead of roulettes it’s the one who has the most gems, so I guess it won’t do anything removing the roulette wheels
    🇨🇦Your fellow Canadian meme guy.🇨🇦

    Meme account :https://www.instagram.com/gt.yummemes/

  4. #84
    Master Sorcerer Ohlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    in Gummibear64
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    This is Growtopia and it is also the internet. I can choose to not believe everything a person says. I want to clarify I wasn't present when the situation happened. A person shared a story and I made a comment on it. There is no video evidence or any proof to substantiate any claims. So I used the word "assume" because assuming is all I can do. You say you were there and seen it was shut down. Then even you are indecisive about certain matters. It is obvious a moderator wants us to leave actual bans out of the discussion and that is fine. What another person chooses to do with his account really isn't my business. If you choose to make your situation public in a forum then I reserve a right to leave an opinion on your situation. If a person can't handle an opinion then they should keep the situation private. I wouldn't even have known anything if it wasn't revealed in the post. If the cause was just about the roulette wheel and not the ban, then the OP should have excluded that part and a moderator wouldn't have to have done it for him.

    A moderator should know the difference between a giveaway and a casino. It isn't wise to make a giveaway look like an illegal activity in the game, but even still a giveaway and a betting game is completely different. I assumed they knew that difference but if they do not then there is a problem that needs clarification. They need to come out and publicly state that even giveaway activity with a roulette wheel is in fact punishable. That is a cause I can get behind if indeed people are being punished for just using a roulette wheel for a giveaway.

    This is the only situation I have heard of about a giveaway with a roulette wheel. I again must assume that it isn't a common situation. In the story, someone hosted a giveaway made to look like a mock-up of a casino an illegal activity to prove how bad that activity is bad only to find out that the moderators, in fact, moderate the activity by shutting it down. Seems like to me the casino situation is being handled and there is no need to really crusade about stopping it when the person saw for themselves that they do get shut down.

    I think the problem is people feel the need to become involved in situations they really shouldn't and don't need to be. Let the moderators take care of casinos and just go play the game. I don't need the game played for me. I don't need training wheels on my game. I know what I can and can't do. The choice is up to me and every individual person to play the game correctly or not.

    Saying I don't like casinos so I made a mock-up of one to prove how bad they are and it got shut down doesn't sound smart. Actually, think that over. I don't like something so I did it. Casinos are illegal what more can you want? People will always break rules. Don't be part of the problem and your already part of the solution. Not participating is already doing your part.
    ^
    Heed these words and do not play with fire. Baiting moderators into ambiguous situations asks for unjust punishment; then, playing the victim is not as charming when such duplicity is called into question. You do not want punished? Do not do anything that could be considered remotely illegal.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

    I am a proud Hakmarian — the pope in fact!

    Contact Info:

  5. #85
    Master Sorcerer Eutimio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Finally someone said it! They already use at least chand in csn, so what would wheel removing do? .
    Removing at LEAST the feature will lessen gamblers in the game as IT IS THE MAIN MEANS of gambling in game.

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Absolutely nothing! After remove wheel, csn owners just bring chands or what ever farmables in and get their blocks farmed while ppl gambling.
    The OP said, Ubisoft can just REMOVE the function and not remove the wheel entirely, how can you miss that point?

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    So for real, watch csn videos in tube and you see, they use as much chand as wheels for gambling.
    Why would you even waste bandwidth on such a useless video?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by abt79 View Post
    All you need is a simple pro/con list to see why this is an awful idea:

    Cons: affects an existing item and all recipes using it
    Pros: literally none.

    People can bet on breaking dirt blocks or basically anything else that involves chance. Outcome of a fossil processor? You can bet on that. Same with geiger rewards, or the outcome of breaking any spliceable block or tree.

    You say “any step helps” but removing roulette wheels doesn’t really count as a step in the right direction because IT WON’T CHANGE ANYTHING
    Valid point: Roulette Wheels are released for the sole purpose of GAMBLING.
    Valid point 2: Since GAMBLING is illegal, why not take down the function, and make it a farmable.

    Cons: Half of the playerbase will go down since most of them are bots advertising casino and gamblers. Or should I say? pros?
    Pros: It will at least, slow down GAMBLING in-game since the main means of their business has been turned-down.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by abt79 View Post
    Ever heard of a “dirt game”? Casinos can bet on anything in the game that involves chance, and if you think about it for more than a second there are ALOT of things that do. As in “every system in the game” ALOT.
    The OP is not saying that everything that has an RNG in-game should get removed, that's a strawman. He is saying the Roulette Wheel is made for gambling and the function should at least be removed. Is that hard to even grasp?
    Last edited by Eutimio; 08-22-2019 at 06:25 AM.
    IGN: Eutimio

    Discord: Eutimio#0415

    Instagram: @Eutimio_GT


    My BFG Laser Grid 1st Harvest Official Data
    Click "here" for more info

  6. #86
    Lesser Wizard CaribbeanJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Why you would like to kno
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Hey dude we have been through this multiple times and they rejected, I even came with an idea, "just disable the numbers and the colors you get by hitting it, but they rejected that too so I guess that they have their own reasons.
    About My GrowTopian :

    My Goals :

    Also visit :

    IGN : caribbeanjr

  7. #87
    Master Sorcerer Eutimio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    If you are writer and lose one kind of pen, would you stop writing cause of that? No. You will just start use another kind of pen.
    Your analogy compares legal from illegal. That's very flawed sorry. Why would you take away the writer's pen if the pen's sole purpose is to produce ink so that a writer can write? That's not the same with the roulette wheel, it's sole purpose is for GAMBLING, and why shouldn't they take that toxic function out?

    People using farmables as a means of gambling is different from actually designing an item to help them gamble. Take the vending machine for example, the item's sole purpose is to sell items that you put in it, but people found a way to take advantage of it and scam people. That's a natural response of greed. But it's a different scenario when the developers actually make a SCAMMING MACHINE to actually help people to scam.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RichWizard View Post
    Removing the roulette altogether isn't a very good idea. If you want to affect the roulette, just nerf it, but even there, casinos wouldn't be affected because there are countless other ways to RNG.
    I don't think you even hovered around his main point. And I quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    Every step matters, no matter how small it is. The removal of Roulette Wheel, or just it's function for that matter, would be one step closer to closing casinos for good. There is nothing they would lose (Except for some players who LIVE OFF OF the roulette wheels and casinos, which they suspend anyways) by doing that. There can only be positive things coming out of it. If you can't remove an "old item" from the game entirely, just remove the god damn function of Roulette Wheel from the game
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LETS4GO View Post
    Soo many people have said this, look at all the other blocks in the game they can use? wana just remove them aswell? Farmables? Roshambo? It would be stupid
    That's a slippery slope, what the OP wants to get removed is the function of the ROULETTE WHEEL. He didn't even say anything about removing other items.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by abt79 View Post
    No, you cannot pretend that’s a fact. Hypothetically everyone who owns a roulette wheel casino could switch to betting on what a dirt block drops, ie no reduction in casinos at all.

    There is simply no way to reduce casinos besides making them illegal (which has already been done) or removing everything in the game that involves random chance (which would be impossible).
    The fact that those owners will change their means of gambling is already a great start. The difference between using dirt and using roulette is that, dirt was originally designed to be a building block but roulette was originally designed to help people gamble. If people start using dirt as a means of gambling, then that's where Guardians and Moderators, aka manpower is going to be utilized well.

    You can't just give people Heroine and say "Now don't you useee it"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangramboy View Post
    Maybe the Vegas Pack wasn't the best update in regards to the rules later being changed, after Hamumu and Seth saw, what downsides the casinos caused to players.

    But nevertheless:
    1) there are plenty more ways betting on currency, so removing one of them isn't gonna make a big difference (infact, will it do any?)
    2) it's an OLD item from WAY back: nostalge and remnants of the good ol' days.

    Gotta agree with RichWizard on this one

    Someone should merge the threads, so Gertie can debate with us without having to switch pages constantly.

    Thanks for accurately missing the OP's point.
    and I quote
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    Every step matters, no matter how small it is. The removal of Roulette Wheel, or just it's function for that matter, would be one step closer to closing casinos for good. There is nothing they would lose (Except for some players who LIVE OFF OF the roulette wheels and casinos, which they suspend anyways) by doing that. There can only be positive things coming out of it. If you can't remove an "old item" from the game entirely, just remove the god damn function of Roulette Wheel from the game
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangramboy View Post
    Doesn't make any difference other than having another cool merely cosmetic item.
    I just concluded you don't even make any valid points and you just say it won't make a difference every time the OP says something. You don't even elaborate or actually structure your argument. Pathetic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorNicK View Post
    This isn't fortnite oldgertie. There has only been a few items to ever get taken out of the game. Casino owners will find ways to make casinos exist unfortunately.
    That's why the OP is playing it, BECAUSE GROWTOPIA IS NOT A STUPID (aka fortnite) GAME. It's a smart game played by stupid players.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Evets1 View Post
    Roulette Wheels are a unique item. They're the only block in the game that does what it does. Is it used mischievously? Unfortunately, yes, but that's just the nature of having unique use in a block. It'll be used bad, in this case, casinos.
    Roulette wheels' function is coded for gambling. So why not take that code out and keep the block. Gambling is illegal anyway and that function only serves that purpose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evets1 View Post
    Drop games are illegal. They're possible because of the drop feature. Should we remove that too?
    We shouldn't remove the drop function because it was made to actually drop items. Roulette wheels' function was made to release a RANDOM NUMBER so people can gamble.
    Last edited by Eutimio; 08-22-2019 at 06:25 AM.
    IGN: Eutimio

    Discord: Eutimio#0415

    Instagram: @Eutimio_GT


    My BFG Laser Grid 1st Harvest Official Data
    Click "here" for more info

  8. #88
    Master Sorcerer Ohlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    in Gummibear64
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Does anyone have statistical proof that correlates roulette wheels to the amount of gambling versus the absence of them? No? Then why are we making an argument that the removal of an item will have any significant decrease in the number of casinos? It is not common sense; it is an alternate hypothesis that has never been tested. Stop substantiating a tired claim with evidence that does not exist.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

    I am a proud Hakmarian — the pope in fact!

    Contact Info:

  9. #89
    Lesser Wizard OldGertie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eutimio View Post
    Your analogy compares legal from illegal. That's very flawed sorry. Why would you take away the writer's pen if the pen's sole purpose is to produce ink so that a writer can write? That's not the same with the roulette wheel, it's sole purpose is for GAMBLING, and why shouldn't they take that toxic function out?

    People using farmables as a means of gambling is different from actually designing an item to help them gamble. Take the vending machine for example, the item's sole purpose is to sell items that you put in it, but people found a way to take advantage of it and scam people. That's a natural response of greed. But it's a different scenario when the developers actually make a SCAMMING MACHINE to actually help people to scam.

    - - - Updated - - -


    I don't think you even hovered around his main point. And I quote.


    - - - Updated - - -



    That's a slippery slope, what the OP wants to get removed is the function of the ROULETTE WHEEL. He didn't even say anything about removing other items.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The fact that those owners will change their means of gambling is already a great start. The difference between using dirt and using roulette is that, dirt was originally designed to be a building block but roulette was originally designed to help people gamble. If people start using dirt as a means of gambling, then that's where Guardians and Moderators, aka manpower is going to be utilized well.

    You can't just give people Heroine and say "Now don't you useee it"

    - - - Updated - - -


    Thanks for accurately missing the OP's point.
    and I quote


    - - - Updated - - -



    I just concluded you don't even make any valid points and you just say it won't make a difference every time the OP says something. You don't even elaborate or actually structure your argument. Pathetic.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's why the OP is playing it, BECAUSE GROWTOPIA IS NOT A STUPID (aka fortnite) GAME. It's a smart game played by stupid players.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Roulette wheels' function is coded for gambling. So why not take that code out and keep the block. Gambling is illegal anyway and that function only serves that purpose.


    We shouldn't remove the drop function because it was made to actually drop items. Roulette wheels' function was made to release a RANDOM NUMBER so people can gamble.
    Give this person a medal. Everything so clearly explained. If a dev or whatever is reading the thread, do NOT in any way exclude this. This is most likely the most constructive and accurate reply the thread has gotten so far. And thank you for that!
    Ingame name - OldGertie

    Instagram - @OldGertie

    Discord - OldGertie#3133

    Youtube - OldGertie Gaming

  10. #90
    Master Sorcerer CzeGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    693

    Default

    I have an idea, how about just nerfing the roulette wheels/rashomboos (or however is it called) like that you can use it just once per 5 minutes in a world?..
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that died 21-23.8.2019, she went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never ever forget you

  11. #91
    Master Sorcerer Kyeosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Paulinaria
    Posts
    2,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeGamer View Post
    I have an idea, how about just nerfing the roulette wheels/rashomboos (or however is it called) like that you can use it just once per 5 minutes in a world?..
    Then, people would use easier gamble games.

  12. #92
    Serf
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Taoyuan, Taiwan
    Posts
    4

    Default Rwmoving Roulette Wheels

    Hmm. If the developers of this game were to remove the Roulette Wheels i'm pretty sure it's not the only item you can use for Gambling purposes. The thing is if they were going to remove Roulette Wheels they should remove other items that can be used as Gambling tools such as Roshambo Block, Dice Block etc...

    - - - Sorry for the typo.- - -
    Last edited by Isaglish; 08-22-2019 at 05:20 AM. Reason: I thought i could edit the title. Sorry for typo.

  13. #93
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    From EARTH, obviously!
    Posts
    2,810

    Default

    Yes they should also remove megaphones or remove the sb feature because of phishing scams!
    I LOVE GROWTOPIA

  14. #94
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,330

    Default

    The real problem is peoples inability to just ignore what they don't like. There will always be people in real life and in games that don't care to follow rules. If we are being honest, you are only affected when you become involved in the situation. You do have the very real option to just avoid it and go about your business normally. What you are really saying is that I can't ignore and avoid a situation I don't like. The problem isn't roulette wheels when it comes to gambling no matter how you spin it. Its greed and willingness to gamble. As long as you have people who will participate in both sides you will have a problem with gambling.

    We could have a lot of discussions about items in the game and whether it is appropriate for younger gamers or not. People have a valid point that casinos are for adults and having casino blocks in the game might promote gambling to a younger crowd. The fact is gambling in the game is illegal and if you participate in it you might get caught and pay the price. I think people need to be clear. If your problem with gambling then they already have taken some measure to prevent that from happening. There is no point in adding gambling into the argument at this point because it is illegal in the game. If you use the Roulette Wheel to host gambling games and you get caught you will be punished. That should be enough for you.

    If your problem is the promotion of gambling through ideas that may come from a block I can see your point. You can speak your mind as a consumer of the game and make a choice on your moral standings and accept the game as it is or boycott and play something else.

    In the big picture, there are aspects of the game that I would consider a gamble. When an item of the month offers several colors and one is more rare anyone who purchases it is essentially in a gamble to get the rare version of the item of the month for more value. I can probably think of a few examples of this. If I buy a cave world I am gambling on the treasure I will get from it. Spending gems on the hope of getting something and being disappointed is a gamble. I could probably think and list many examples but I hope that's enough to make my point. Have you as a kid ever used a crane machine in hopes of getting a stuffed animal? I've seen crane machines in every shopping center and arcade that I have ever been to. You spend a dollar in the hopes that the claw will hold your prize. Have you ever been to a carnival as a kid? Do you see all the games that kids can play in hopes of winning a prize? I know you won't digest my points because people have tunnel vision on a crusade. I'm basically saying it isn't a big deal, or you have a lot more to worry about than a roulette wheel on the crusade to make the world a better place. Gambling exists in more places than just casinos.

    What I am saying is some of you are hyper-focused on a detail in a game without seeing the big picture of life. Honestly, it isn't a big enough deal to merit your conviction over pixels in a video game. It brings me back to my original point. You don't have to like anything. You can ignore it and avoid it. It doesn't have to bother you. You are letting it and trying to dictate to me as a consumer what you think is best for me when you don't even own the product.
    Last edited by Shawn Wilson; 08-22-2019 at 06:42 AM.

  15. #95
    Master Sorcerer Tangramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    The real problem is peoples inability to just ignore what they don't like. There will always be people in real life and in games that don't care to follow rules. If we are being honest, you are only affected when you become involved in the situation. You do have the very real option to just avoid it and go about your business normally. What you are really saying is that I can't ignore and avoid a situation I don't like. The problem isn't roulette wheels when it comes to gambling no matter how you spin it. Its greed and willingness to gamble. As long as you have people who will participate in both sides you will have a problem with gambling.

    We could have a lot of discussions about items in the game and whether it is appropriate for younger gamers or not. People have a valid point that casinos are for adults and having casino blocks in the game might promote gambling to a younger crowd. The fact is gambling in the game is illegal and if you participate in it you might get caught and pay the price. I think people need to be clear. If your problem with gambling then they already have taken some measure to prevent that from happening. There is no point in adding gambling into the argument at this point because it is illegal in the game. If you use the Roulette Wheel to host gambling games and you get caught you will be punished. That should be enough for you.

    If your problem is the promotion of gambling through ideas that may come from a block I can see your point. You can speak your mind as a consumer of the game and make a choice on your moral standings and accept the game as it is or boycott and play something else.

    In the big picture, there are aspects of the game that I would consider a gamble. When an item of the month offers several colors and one is more rare anyone who purchases it is essentially in a gamble to get the rare version of the item of the month for more value. I can probably think of a few examples of this. If I buy a cave world I am gambling on the treasure I will get from it. Spending gems on the hope of getting something and being disappointed is a gamble. I could probably think and list many examples but I hope that's enough to make my point. Have you as a kid ever used a crane machine in hopes of getting a stuffed animal? I've seen crane machines in every shopping center and arcade that I have ever been to. You spend a dollar in the hopes that the claw will hold your prize. Have you ever been to a carnival as a kid? Do you see all the games that kids can play in hopes of winning a prize? I know you won't digest my points because people have tunnel vision on a crusade. I'm basically saying it isn't a big deal, or you have a lot more to worry about than a roulette wheel on the crusade to make the world a better place. Gambling exists in more places than just casinos.

    What I am saying is some of you are hyper-focused on a detail in a game without seeing the big picture of life. Honestly, it isn't a big enough deal to merit your conviction over pixels in a video game. It brings me back to my original point. You don't have to like anything. You can ignore it and avoid it. It doesn't have to bother you. You are letting it and trying to dictate to me as a consumer what you think is best for me when you don't even own the product.
    Agreeing with Shawn Wilson here, somewhat.

    We've all established already, that this thread has become pointless now, since removing the function of Roulette Wheels won't do anything to help lower the amount of casinos, because there are plenty more ways to gamble with all kinds of RNGs. The problem was started by the block (maybe), but it's not about Roulette Wheels anymore.
    It's the players, who don't understand.

    They're hoping for their luck to continue and if they gamble more next time and lose, well, that's their own fault. If there weren't any players playing in the casinos, the casinos would die out. They have to understand the consequences (firstly, because they're illegal) and they can't rely on some made-up luck (secondly, because they will eventually lose).

    So if you really wanna make a difference, OldGertie: help spread awareness, that casinos won't do any good for you (just like in real life), in the end you'll always lose and you'll lose big. Or, apply to be a Guardian or a Moderator in the near future.

    Closing this thread now (hoping the other one is closed as well), there's no point for further debate.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=226719&d=1572806620

  16. #96
    Master Sorcerer TheNightmxre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Love them or hate them, the roulette wheel is probably the block used in the most illegal activity. Not only are they used in casinos, but vend scams love to use them for visual clutter. With those text boxes. Removing wheels won’t stop casinos at all, if you remove wheels they will just use roshambo and dice. Remove those? And they will just break dirt blocks and see if they get seeds like those dirt games.

    The visual clutter from the wheel on the other hand is a problem, and should be dealt with.
    hello

    Grossout event items are underrated, eyes on stalks are a masterpiece.

  17. #97
    Master Sorcerer Tangramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Closing thread now, once again
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=226719&d=1572806620

  18. #98
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Agree... its should be removed... or its function disabled to merely decorative.
    Fireball116
    Owner of:
    BLACKSMITH: public anvil/forge/altar and all smithing recipes
    WIKIEVENTZ: guide/recipe to all GT events
    BUYPOTIONS/BUYLOBSTERQUEST
    Guild leader BLACKSMITH, ranked top 20 in Spring Clash

  19. #99
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    4,884

    Default

    Christ sake,this is one huge long thread but I'mma just leave my reply here

    might as well remove roshambo,dice,slot machine and gems from blocks since you can literally bet on anything else lmao. removing the wheel WON'T fix anything or make any small change,casino owners will just resort to Roshambo,dice etc
    IGN : Liquify

    To be talkin' to you,belladonna

  20. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    here & now
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    Christ sake,this is one huge long thread but I'mma just leave my reply here

    might as well remove roshambo,dice,slot machine and gems from blocks since you can literally bet on anything else lmao. removing the wheel WON'T fix anything or make any small change,casino owners will just resort to Roshambo,dice etc
    just leave the game be tbh, dont alter what has been implemented to the game for years just because casinos exist.

    give the mods jobs to do, plus theres GGs now so, i don't see any problem on why y'all tryna make a fuss after some famous superstar icon in-game who got banned from roulettes..

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •