Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 110

Thread: Remove Roulette Wheels. Please.

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Outside, curing the world
    Posts
    794

    Default

    You can all look a remastered of an old post i posted about the removal of wheels.

    Title : Removing the wheels is the worts thing heres why...

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    here & now
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    i don't think old items in the game should be removed, since it's been in the game for too long. there's always an exploit to the game.

  3. #23
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,326

    Default

    1. I'm fine with just removing players that can't follow rules from the game.

    2. I wouldn't care if they removed Roulette Wheels Functionality from the game. Although I agree with people that people will find other ways. It's just incredibly naive to think people wouldn't.

    3. Like the other poster I don't buy the story of making a casino world to show how bad it is, but nobody can prove it true or false.

    4. I would like think a moderator could tell the difference between some one actually running a casino and a world decorated as a casino hosting a give away. With blocks like the wheel and slot machines I should be able to make a casino theme without getting banned.

    The actual rule isn't about casino theme build. The rule is that you cannot run games that involve a person paying for a "chance to win". It doesn't technically even have to use casino blocks at all.

    If your story is true and that you were actually just hosting a give away with a casino theme that involved no payment to play then your right it should be in the logs and as far as I am aware that isn't actually illegal. You are the one in contact with support and it's your case to make and I won't see any of those emails.

    I just have to assume what you got banned over wasn't a giveaway using a roulette wheel. I assume it was asking for payment for a chance to win a prize. There is definitely a difference. I wouldn't mind some one official giving clarification to clear it up.

    5. I was around when Casinos we're legal. The developers took polls and asked the community what they wanted. It was clear the majority wanted it gone. There was scamming and you actually have to be a certain age to gamble in real life.

  4. #24
    Lesser Wizard OldGertie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    1. I'm fine with just removing players that can't follow rules from the game.

    2. I wouldn't care if they removed Roulette Wheels Functionality from the game. Although I agree with people that people will find other ways. It's just incredibly naive to think people wouldn't.

    3. Like the other poster I don't buy the story of making a casino world to show how bad it is, but nobody can prove it true or false.

    4. I would like think a moderator could tell the difference between some one actually running a casino and a world decorated as a casino hosting a give away. With blocks like the wheel and slot machines I should be able to make a casino theme without getting banned.

    The actual rule isn't about casino theme build. The rule is that you cannot run games that involve a person paying for a "chance to win". It doesn't technically even have to use casino blocks at all.

    If your story is true and that you were actually just hosting a give away with a casino theme that involved no payment to play then your right it should be in the logs and as far as I am aware that isn't actually illegal. You are the one in contact with support and it's your case to make and I won't see any of those emails.

    I just have to assume what you got banned over wasn't a giveaway using a roulette wheel. I assume it was asking for payment for a chance to win a prize. There is definitely a difference. I wouldn't mind some one official giving clarification to clear it up.

    5. I was around when Casinos we're legal. The developers took polls and asked the community what they wanted. It was clear the majority wanted it gone. There was scamming and you actually have to be a certain age to gamble in real life.
    I did NOT host a casino. No one in the world did. There was no betting. No paying. No dropping. Stop making up false information.
    Ingame name - OldGertie

    Instagram - @OldGertie

    Discord - OldGertie#3133

    Youtube - OldGertie Gaming

  5. #25
    Master Sorcerer Tangramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Read the whole thing phew also Misthios edited the thread wow

    Yes, it's an old item. But just a patch:

    Keep the function, remove the player text.
    It's cool that the wheel can "actually" roll and the sound effect of the ball dropping. That's good enough.
    I mean, turn it into something similar to the Drumset (not visually, but you get what I mean)
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=226719&d=1572806620

  6. #26
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    I did NOT host a casino. No one in the world did. There was no betting. No paying. No dropping. Stop making up false information.
    You didn't read my post.

  7. #27
    Lesser Wizard OldGertie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    You didn't read my post.
    I did. Every single word of it.
    Ingame name - OldGertie

    Instagram - @OldGertie

    Discord - OldGertie#3133

    Youtube - OldGertie Gaming

  8. #28
    Lesser Wizard LETS4GO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    (HIDDEN)
    Posts
    108

    Default IT SHOULD NOT BE REMOVED!

    The Roulette wheel is not the problem it can cause no harm to a person it is a weapon, if you treat a dog bad you get a bad dog, if you treat it with love and care its obviously going to be harmless, we abuse the roulette wheel it shouldn't need to be taken away. Hopefully the new game guardians can help and assist put a stop to the growing casino epidemic in Growtopia but I don't think this item should be removed, it's quite an old item and would be sad to remove it just so people can find other ways to scam or 'profit'.
    LetsGo

  9. #29
    Master Sorcerer Tangramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LETS4GO View Post
    The Roulette wheel is not the problem it can cause no harm to a person it is a weapon, if you treat a dog bad you get a bad dog, if you treat it with love and care its obviously going to be harmless, we abuse the roulette wheel it shouldn't need to be taken away. Hopefully the new game guardians can help and assist put a stop to the growing casino epidemic in Growtopia but I don't think this item should be removed, it's quite an old item and would be sad to remove it just so people can find other ways to scam or 'profit'.
    Just remove the RNG and we're all good.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=226719&d=1572806620

  10. #30
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    I did. Every single word of it.
    If you read my post then and your story is true then you would know that I agree with you. There is definitely a difference between hosting a giveaway game with a roulette wheel and hosting a game with betting with a roulette wheel. I would like to assume a moderator would know the difference. If they cannot tell the difference than I agree that something should be done with the block to avoid confusion. I wouldn't mind some clarification from some one official.

    I just said I assumed because I would hope people in power are making the right choices when it comes to policing the game. I wasn't at the world I have only your side of the story.

  11. #31
    Lesser Knight Fuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Why hasn’t this been moved to SUGGESTIONS. It is clogging up posts for PAW

  12. #32
    Super Moderator Misthios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    232

    Default

    I've edited your original post to remove the ban discussion (as well as the posts about it), as that isn't appropriate for the forums. See here. You should wait for supports response in regards to that.

    In regards to our conversation, I said I don't think it'd dramatically change anything to remove them, but I don't see any huge downsides, either. There are many people on both sides of this debate. You're free to continue discussing the removal of the Roulette Wheels, though posts oriented around bans will be removed.

    The final decision is up to Ubisoft, but community opinions and discussion can and do get taken into consideration.
    Last edited by Misthios; 08-21-2019 at 09:46 PM.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

    Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

  13. #33
    Lesser Knight Fuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Basically you removed posts to make OP look like a saint though. Not cool, but I understand why.

  14. #34
    Master Sorcerer Lopyhupis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lidl (Kesa on crazy)
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    Hey everyone.
    Putting this in update discussions since this is regarding a suggestion I think should be put in game and it kind of is an update discussion, I guess? Well, you guys can move it to whatever if you want. This would also bring way more attention to the problem anyways since this is the most active subforum. So, here goes:

    A couple of days ago Zeh, some admins I won't call by name and I built a world. This world looked like a casino world when you first look at it, which was kind of the idea, but the idea of the world was a minigame with prizes (You do not deposit/waste/bet or anything like that yourself). In this world you had to spin a roulette wheel, one of the two people spinning, whoever spins the bigger number, gets to the next round. The last round's winner gets 20wls. It was just a harmful minigame if you take out the Roulette Wheels, which brings me back to why I was even involved in this issue.

    There has always been a fight between whether or not Ubisoft should remove Roulette Wheels from the game. The biggest argument the developers have had is, and I quote, " The removal of Roulette Wheels won't stop casinos anyways. They will always find other ways", which to me sounds like the dumbest statement a person can make. Every step matters, no matter how small it is. The removal of Roulette Wheel, or just it's function for that matter, would be one step closer to closing casinos for good. There is nothing they would lose (Except for some players who LIVE OFF OF the roulette wheels and casinos, which they suspend anyways) by doing that. There can only be positive things coming out of it. If you can't remove an "old item" from the game entirely, just remove the god damn function of Roulette Wheel from the game

    So, what are your thoughts on this? Don't you all agree that removal of the Roulette Wheels would only bring more peace and nothing more to the game? That nothing bad can come out of that? I'd really love to hear other experienced players' thoughts.

    Thanks for reading this rather long paragraph and sorry for all the typos. Writing this all from my phone.
    Why not just change how the roulette wheel works, Make it more like the slot machine?
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

    CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

    FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG


  15. #35
    Lesser Wizard LETS4GO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    (HIDDEN)
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quite frankly it would be idiotic to remove the roulette wheel because people who are kind or generous such as OldGertie Won't be able to make games like these which is quite sad because this would of been such a good game and can I remind you, you were using the roulette wheel for your game so why should it be banned. I don't think this issue regards the roulette wheel personally
    LetsGo

  16. #36
    Master Sorcerer Malware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Growtopia
    Posts
    773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    You didn't read my post.
    Your first post on this thread was heavily implying that OldGertie did do something illegal. You mention how a mod should know whether or not the person(OldGertie in this case) is hosting a casino, add the faxt that he is banned and your basically saying hes lying/was hosting a casino.


    Fun fact: I was actually there at the time of the incident. OldGertie was in fact NOT hosting a casino. I saw no transactions of dropping of trading world locks.


    I even witnessed the admins kicking everyone at the end cause they said a mod told them to shut it down.


    This case happened a while ago, though. If this wasn't the world that got OldGertie banned, I guess what I said was useless(cause then a different world he had got him banned), but the world I saw DID look like a casino(but wasn't) so I'm pretty sure that was the world that got him banned.



    Okok, enough with the slight Ban Discussion. Anyway, I don't think the roulette wherl should lose its its function. Even if all the "RNG" blocks like that "Rock,Paper, Scissors " one, there will still be casinos.

    What is your solution to games like "BJ"/Blackjack? Should Chandeliers no longer drop gems? Should they ways deop a constant amount of gems? Even if they make it drop a constant amount of gems, there will just be a contest of who gets a seeds first.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Removing the function of the Roulette Wheel will do nothing because casinos will just fallback to the good old Roshambo Block (Rock, Paper, Scizors).
    Even removing the function of the Roshambo Block will do nothing because they'll just use the "Farmable Breaking" method.

  18. #38
    Master Sorcerer Eutimio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    Hey everyone.
    There has always been a fight between whether or not Ubisoft should remove Roulette Wheels from the game. The biggest argument the developers have had is, and I quote, " The removal of Roulette Wheels won't stop casinos anyways. They will always find other ways", which to me sounds like the dumbest statement a person can make. Every step matters, no matter how small it is. The removal of Roulette Wheel, or just it's function for that matter, would be one step closer to closing casinos for good. There is nothing they would lose (Except for some players who LIVE OFF OF the roulette wheels and casinos, which they suspend anyways) by doing that. There can only be positive things coming out of it. If you can't remove an "old item" from the game entirely, just remove the god damn function of Roulette Wheel from the game
    Take for example the government and police forces in every country that battle illegal drugs. They wouldn't say "Well removing illegal drugs from this country won't stop these drug addicts so we are only going to allot manpower on catching these lawbreakers and overlook the root cause. hehe.." Of course every country tries to eradicate the drugs in their country to at least slow down these maniacs.

    Removing the main item (or at least the feature) that gamblers use in-game will make a HUGE impact on stopping or at least lessening gambling in-game. I don't want to accuse Ubisoft of anything but I had this theory in my head that if they do remove the main means of gambling, player count will drop drastically since a lot of players online are either bots or gamblers. In a broad perspective, less players online is equal to a game dying. But in Growtopia, nope. Those asian-gamblers don't even know how to top-up for a game.

    I am on the side that just remove the number generating function of the Roulette Wheel and just make it a farmable. Making it a farmable will 'maybe' suffice for it's previous purpose GAMBLING.

    I don't know why the devs are so scared of doing ACTUAL measures to stop, if not, SLOW DOWN, these detrimental players.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by IGoProfit GT View Post
    If they remove the function then alot of people who own alot of wheels would lose wls the wheel would be just useless decoration block
    I currently own 12 magplants and buygems. If Ubisoft suddenly choose to nerf or remove magplants in-game, I would lose 240 dls in a snap. And if Ubisoft removes the gem trade in-game, I would lose thousands of dls in a blink of an eye. But, I couldn't care less if Ubisoft wants to make my favorite game better.

    Having a lot of possessions in this very unpredictable game is always a risk, but hey, if it will benefit LEGITIMATE PLAYERS why not take that step?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    You refute no argument. Although prevention is a slippery slope, there is no evidence to support such a claim that the removal of roulette wheels would even reduce casinos. It may play out that way in your head; think though — casinos are banned, yet they still exist. Is that not enough of a deterrent? Is not one to counter with no proposal, but the very premise of the refute undermining a valid criticism is fallacious in nature. To remove something people enjoy without any concrete evidence that removing it is beneficial is simply imposed will.
    If you really are a person who legitimately plays legally, I can't see why you can enjoy such a toxic block.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TURNNOW View Post
    Disagree , How about BuyRoulette owner ? He have stocked tons of roulette to be sold , and if you directly remove it , he will lose tons of dls he invested and the dls when he bought the world.
    You sound like you don't even invest in anything. It's an INVESTMENT for heaven's sake, it's bound to either prosper or to fall.

    Take for example the owner of PAPASB. It is healthy for the game to raise-up the gem cost for SBs to at least LOWER the broadcasts in-game. It destroyed the owner's investment but it benefited the servers and the community as well. It didn't stop people from spamming sbs, but hey it was lessened, so why not take the same step to roulette wheel?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ROOTbeerr View Post
    Could you explain to me how removal would damage casinos enough to make it worth it?
    Turn your blinds on your window and you will see.
    IGN: Eutimio

    Discord: Eutimio#0415

    Instagram: @Eutimio_GT


    My BFG Laser Grid 1st Harvest Official Data
    Click "here" for more info

  19. #39
    Squire
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Neptune
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1NB4 View Post
    Casino owners will still find a way if this will get removed, also. Old items cannot be removed ~ an old forumer <not me>

    They should remove it
    I see people saying the same thing as you. Now I have to question what other ways are there? You could remove dice, roshambo block, Slot machine, roulette wheel. What other ways would there be unless they all go live on twitch or do skype or some video call using an online dice or something I don't think there's much other successful techniques.

  20. #40
    Lesser Wizard OldGertie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eutimio View Post
    Take for example the government and police forces in every country that battle illegal drugs. They wouldn't say "Well removing illegal drugs from this country won't stop these drug addicts so we are only going to allot manpower on catching these lawbreakers and overlook the root cause. hehe.." Of course every country tries to eradicate the drugs in their country to at least slow down these maniacs.

    Removing the main item (or at least the feature) that gamblers use in-game will make a HUGE impact on stopping or at least lessening gambling in-game. I don't want to accuse Ubisoft of anything but I had this theory in my head that if they do remove the main means of gambling, player count will drop drastically since a lot of players online are either bots or gamblers. In a broad perspective, less players online is equal to a game dying. But in Growtopia, nope. Those asian-gamblers don't even know how to top-up for a game.

    I am on the side that just remove the number generating function of the Roulette Wheel and just make it a farmable. Making it a farmable will 'maybe' suffice for it's previous purpose GAMBLING.

    I don't know why the devs are so scared of doing ACTUAL measures to stop, if not, SLOW DOWN, these detrimental players.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I currently own 12 magplants and buygems. If Ubisoft suddenly choose to nerf or remove magplants in-game, I would lose 240 dls in a snap. And if Ubisoft removes the gem trade in-game, I would lose thousands of dls in a blink of an eye. But, I couldn't care less if Ubisoft wants to make my favorite game better.

    Having a lot of possessions in this very unpredictable game is always a risk, but hey, if it will benefit LEGITIMATE PLAYERS why not take that step?

    - - - Updated - - -


    If you really are a person who legitimately plays legally, I can't see why you can enjoy such a toxic block.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You sound like you don't even invest in anything. It's an INVESTMENT for heaven's sake, it's bound to either prosper or to fall.

    Take for example the owner of PAPASB. It is healthy for the game to raise-up the gem cost for SBs to at least LOWER the broadcasts in-game. It destroyed the owner's investment but it benefited the servers and the community as well. It didn't stop people from spamming sbs, but hey it was lessened, so why not take the same step to roulette wheel?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Turn your blinds on your window and you will see.
    Here. There you go people. Exactly! Couldn't agree more.
    Ingame name - OldGertie

    Instagram - @OldGertie

    Discord - OldGertie#3133

    Youtube - OldGertie Gaming

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •