Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 97 to 108 of 110

Thread: Remove Roulette Wheels. Please.

  1. #97
    Master Sorcerer Tangramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Closing thread now, once again


    growsdfmovie - june 2020

  2. #98
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Agree... its should be removed... or its function disabled to merely decorative.
    Fireball116
    Owner of:
    BLACKSMITH: public anvil/forge/altar and all smithing recipes
    WIKIEVENTZ: guide/recipe to all GT events
    BUYPOTIONS
    Guild leader BLACKSMITH, ranked top 20 in Spring Clash

  3. #99
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Christ sake,this is one huge long thread but I'mma just leave my reply here

    might as well remove roshambo,dice,slot machine and gems from blocks since you can literally bet on anything else lmao. removing the wheel WON'T fix anything or make any small change,casino owners will just resort to Roshambo,dice etc
    IGN : Liquify

    support my wholesome Axolotl thread!


  4. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    here & now
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    Christ sake,this is one huge long thread but I'mma just leave my reply here

    might as well remove roshambo,dice,slot machine and gems from blocks since you can literally bet on anything else lmao. removing the wheel WON'T fix anything or make any small change,casino owners will just resort to Roshambo,dice etc
    just leave the game be tbh, dont alter what has been implemented to the game for years just because casinos exist.

    give the mods jobs to do, plus theres GGs now so, i don't see any problem on why y'all tryna make a fuss after some famous superstar icon in-game who got banned from roulettes..

  5. #101
    Lesser Knight CrispyKiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    49

    Default Why remove roulette wheel

    Well after reading a few of the posts I belive if u make the roulette wheel Into a farmable by increasing the gems and seed drops.

  6. #102
    Lesser Wizard Pinuski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    177

    Default

    I also think, that removing roulette wheels from game isn't a solution. Players will find another way to gamble and scam. Dice, roshambo and even different kinds of lights like chandelier.

    But I agree, that this suggestion would at least reduce gambling possibilities.

    Quote Originally Posted by lightvolts View Post
    Keep blocks
    keep spin
    remove numbers
    And what goes to this comment,

    Quote Originally Posted by ooopsi View Post
    Not an issue, devs renamed delicate tools to reliable tools, owner of buydelicate didn't complain much.
    everyone won't make a big number of themselves, but I can assure, that this affected the owner massively.

    If item would be removed from game, owner of buyroulette would lose a lot. For example I have the main lock in world buyslotmachine and it's spliced from roulettes, what would happen then? So it wouldn't be fair to make such changes in game.

    About latest events; if players and even mods are hosting dice games without gambling, why can't you do it with roulette wheels? Or should it be stated in gt rules, that we have a block called roulette wheel in game, but you aren't allowed to use it? Just saying...
    GOALS:
    Lvl 125
    Roles: Farm 10/10, Build 10/10, Fish 10/10, Surg 10/10 Star 10/10 Cook 3/10
    Legend: 0/3
    Ach: 121/161
    Epic: 18/32
    Worlds: PINUSKI, SHP, etc.
    Ig: pinuskigt

  7. #103
    Master Sorcerer Tangramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    830

    Angry People, stop.

    We’ve already discussed about everything in this thread, this topic is old now, stop bumping it up.

    Please someone close this thread.


    growsdfmovie - june 2020

  8. #104
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinuski View Post
    I also think, that removing roulette wheels from game isn't a solution. Players will find another way to gamble and scam. Dice, roshambo and even different kinds of lights like chandelier.

    But I agree, that this suggestion would at least reduce gambling possibilities.



    And what goes to this comment,



    everyone won't make a big number of themselves, but I can assure, that this affected the owner massively.

    If item would be removed from game, owner of buyroulette would lose a lot. For example I have the main lock in world buyslotmachine and it's spliced from roulettes, what would happen then? So it wouldn't be fair to make such changes in game.

    About latest events; if players and even mods are hosting dice games without gambling, why can't you do it with roulette wheels? Or should it be stated in gt rules, that we have a block called roulette wheel in game, but you aren't allowed to use it? Just saying...
    I think reason for ban was not using roulette.. I think they got ban cause they wanted mods attention so badly. And yes, perma ban is little too much. But well, we cant discuss about bans so we can't know real reason, but i hope they will change this perma ban to uba or even 60 days or something. They didn't scam, they didn't harm others, they just wasted mods time. Sure if we all would waste mods time like this, there would be more scammers what mods can't ban cause we try get attention, but still, perma ban is too much.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  9. #105
    Master Sorcerer Ohlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    in Gummibear64
    Posts
    1,498

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Eutimio View Post
    The fact that those owners will change their means of gambling is already a great start. The difference between using dirt and using roulette is that, dirt was originally designed to be a building block but roulette was originally designed to help people gamble. If people start using dirt as a means of gambling, then that's where Guardians and Moderators, aka manpower is going to be utilized well.
    That makes literally no sense. How would dirt casinos (which already exist and are wildly popular by the way) make the moderators’ jobs any easier? Instead of looking for two people standing on either side of a roulette wheel, now, with such ease, they can spend tens minutes per world observing a dirt tree to see whether or not it is being used in a bet? That sounds incredibly inefficient. What is actually made better by that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eutimio View Post
    Thanks for accurately missing the OP's point.
    and I quote
    The OP’s point is nothing more than a guess asserted as fact with no backing evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eutimio View Post
    I just concluded you don't even make any valid points and you just say it won't make a difference every time the OP says something. You don't even elaborate or actually structure your argument. Pathetic.
    You criticize the lack of substance and proof in the argument, yet you fail to provide any yourself? Pathetic.

    We would all be better off if you explained to us what evidence you have that removing roulette wheels would correlate with a decrease of casinos. Ah, but I mean actual evidence, not some nonsensical induction stuck in functionality fixedness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eutimio View Post
    That's why the OP is playing it, BECAUSE GROWTOPIA IS NOT A STUPID (aka fortnite) GAME. It's a smart game played by stupid players.
    k bud. Keep believing that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eutimio View Post
    Roulette wheels' function is coded for gambling. So why not take that code out and keep the block. Gambling is illegal anyway and that function only serves that purpose.

    We shouldn't remove the drop function because it was made to actually drop items. Roulette wheels' function was made to release a RANDOM NUMBER so people can gamble.
    F U N C T I O N A L I T Y F I X E D N E S S

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    Give this person a medal. Everything so clearly explained. If a dev or whatever is reading the thread, do NOT in any way exclude this. This is most likely the most constructive and accurate reply the thread has gotten so far. And thank you for that!
    A reply that restates the OP and refuses to address the major logical flaw within the main refute? Sounds like confirmation bias.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangramboy View Post
    We’ve already discussed about everything in this thread, this topic is old now, stop bumping it up.

    Please someone close this thread.
    “I cannot handle a civil discussion — please avert my eyes!”

    This is why we can’t have nice things.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

    Whatever timeline I am living in, I want out.

    Contact Info:

  10. #106
    Master Sorcerer Tangramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    “I cannot handle a civil discussion — please avert my eyes!”

    This is why we can’t have nice things.
    weird flex but ok


    growsdfmovie - june 2020

  11. #107
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Not Behind You
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Just change it to [Vandaler spun the wheel] or smth, not that hard tbh.. idk why this post is getting hate.

    Btw was your ban permament aswell?

  12. #108
    Lesser Wizard Zynek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    In my parent's shed
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Any info on this from the devs?
    Give a man a wl, and he will learn to rely on you.
    Teach a man to make wls and you'll set him up for success.
    IGN:Tellicant Main:U9

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •