Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 110

Thread: Remove Roulette Wheels. Please.

  1. #41
    Lesser Wizard AMyThicalX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ocean
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    Here. There you go people. Exactly! Couldn't agree more.
    Well, i can say everything’s here is right.
    Developers can simple make them farmable and nerf them. It’s a win-win situation.
    Growid: AMyThicalX |Main world: AMyThicalX
    Road To Legendary Title.
    Youtuber and making a giveaway link: https://youtu.be/r4Q9lW1FszQ
    Never ever trust anyone to avoid getting scammed!

  2. #42
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichWizard View Post
    Removing the function of the Roulette Wheel will do nothing because casinos will just fallback to the good old Roshambo Block (Rock, Paper, Scizors).
    Even removing the function of the Roshambo Block will do nothing because they'll just use the "Farmable Breaking" method.
    Finally someone said it! They already use at least chand in csn, so what would wheel removing do? Absolutely nothing! After remove wheel, csn owners just bring chands or what ever farmables in and get their blocks farmed while ppl gambling. So for real, watch csn videos in tube and you see, they use as much chand as wheels for gambling. So next remove farmables? I thing BJ is Black Jack? if csn sb has BJ text and what ever else text, that means, they use farmables. I think every or almost every csn sb has bj in it. So... Only reason remove wheel would be vend scams, but that can fix by adding roulette text in somewhere else than on vend if vending machine is near.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  3. #43
    Master Sorcerer abt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    www.rtsoft.com/forums/
    Posts
    4,864

    Default

    All you need is a simple pro/con list to see why this is an awful idea:

    Cons: affects an existing item and all recipes using it
    Pros: literally none.

    People can bet on breaking dirt blocks or basically anything else that involves chance. Outcome of a fossil processor? You can bet on that. Same with geiger rewards, or the outcome of breaking any spliceable block or tree.

    You say “any step helps” but removing roulette wheels doesn’t really count as a step in the right direction because IT WON’T CHANGE ANYTHING

  4. #44
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytoon View Post
    I see people saying the same thing as you. Now I have to question what other ways are there? You could remove dice, roshambo block, Slot machine, roulette wheel. What other ways would there be unless they all go live on twitch or do skype or some video call using an online dice or something I don't think there's much other successful techniques.
    Farmables... Watch some tube videos and see.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  5. #45
    Master Sorcerer abt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    www.rtsoft.com/forums/
    Posts
    4,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytoon View Post
    I see people saying the same thing as you. Now I have to question what other ways are there? You could remove dice, roshambo block, Slot machine, roulette wheel. What other ways would there be unless they all go live on twitch or do skype or some video call using an online dice or something I don't think there's much other successful techniques.
    Ever heard of a “dirt game”? Casinos can bet on anything in the game that involves chance, and if you think about it for more than a second there are ALOT of things that do. As in “every system in the game” ALOT.

  6. #46
    Lesser Wizard OldGertie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Farmables... Watch some tube videos and see.
    That's like saying "I won't go vote cus one vote won't change anything anywaya". Removing Roulette Wheels is one of the steps to reduce casinos. And that's a fact. It won't stop them, of course not, but it WILL reduce them, even if just a little. Removing them is better than leaving them as they are right now.

    Literally takes minimal to no effort for them to remove the function. And it will have a big impact on cssino worlds.
    Ingame name - OldGertie

    Instagram - @OldGertie

    Discord - OldGertie#3133

    Youtube - OldGertie Gaming

  7. #47
    Lesser Wizard LETS4GO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    (HIDDEN)
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Soo many people have said this, look at all the other blocks in the game they can use? wana just remove them aswell? Farmables? Roshambo? It would be stupid
    LetsGo

  8. #48
    Squire
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Neptune
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Farmables... Watch some tube videos and see.
    If you could provide me a link that would be awesome! I would like to see what you are talking about though I might know. Like betting on which tree will drop a seed or?

  9. #49
    Master Sorcerer abt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    www.rtsoft.com/forums/
    Posts
    4,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    That's like saying "I won't go vote cus one vote won't change anything anywaya". Removing Roulette Wheels is one of the steps to reduce casinos. And that's a fact. It won't stop them, of course not, but it WILL reduce them, even if just a little. Removing them is better than leaving them as they are right now.

    Literally takes minimal to no effort for them to remove the function. And it will have a big impact on cssino worlds.
    No, you cannot pretend that’s a fact. Hypothetically everyone who owns a roulette wheel casino could switch to betting on what a dirt block drops, ie no reduction in casinos at all.

    There is simply no way to reduce casinos besides making them illegal (which has already been done) or removing everything in the game that involves random chance (which would be impossible).

  10. #50
    Lesser Wizard OldGertie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LETS4GO View Post
    Soo many people have said this, look at all the other blocks in the game they can use? wana just remove them aswell? Farmables? Roshambo? It would be stupid
    I never said it would stop casinos. I said there is literally no point in you defending them unless you use them. The removal of their function can not damage the game. It can only get better from there. It's a small action that takes little to no effort to make the game better in terms of no casinos.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by abt79 View Post
    No, you cannot pretend that’s a fact. Hypothetically everyone who owns a roulette wheel casino could switch to betting on what a dirt block drops, ie no reduction in casinos at all.

    There is simply no way to reduce casinos besides making them illegal (which has already been done) or removing everything in the game that involves random chance (which would be impossible).
    It is impossible that between thousands over thousands of players not a single one won't stop after roulette wheels lose their power. As I say for the 1000th time, it can only get better. It can not get worse by removing the function in ANY WAY.
    Ingame name - OldGertie

    Instagram - @OldGertie

    Discord - OldGertie#3133

    Youtube - OldGertie Gaming

  11. #51
    Master Sorcerer Tangramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    583

    Default

    As I say for the 1000th time, it can only get better. It can not get worse by removing the function in ANY WAY.
    It won't do any good (except that they won't use it anymore) and it won't do anything bad.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=226719&d=1572806620

  12. #52
    Lesser Wizard LETS4GO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    (HIDDEN)
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Dude that's a low blow saying only people that use casinos would want the roulette wheel... Okey so 80% of us are casino owners. Dude don't be salty your not getting your own way
    LetsGo

  13. #53
    Master Sorcerer Boppi Von Finkledorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mirthshire
    Posts
    882

    Default

    If players are getting banned based on the evidence that they're using Roulette Wheels in their world, then they absolutely must be removed. Just remove the number spitting function, keep the spinning and everything. It spins, and then no RGN comes up. This way you don't need to worry about anyone that has tons of the wheels for whatever reason, they still have their item of the same value, it just doesn't spit numbers anymore.


    This is only mildly an anticasino move. Yes, casinos will simply find other methods, they already have long ago. The importance here is not for fighting casinos, it is for protecting players from false accusations and potentially contentious bans. There is no downside to removing the RNG from the wheels, and there shouldn't really be an upside to it either, but it is clear that we need such protections for the players in this day and age. It also protects the moderators to some degree, since this sort of thing would no longer be able to be used as an excuse to dispute the legitimacy of a ban.

    I think that discussions of bans are kind of the heart of this issue now, and the reason why Roulette wheels must be changed.




    In regards to this thread specifically, I'm not sure how I feel about mods editing other people's posts to insert their account of what happened. Removing ban discussion, sure, but if there's a dispute about something said I think I would feel more comfortable with the post either being deleted entirely, or if the inaccuracies were addressed in a response.


    Editing it gives me great pause. You are changing the words coming out of someone else's mouth, and we cannot tell what you have changed. This should be deeply concerning to everyone and I'm just glad that at the very least the forum software leaves an edit note telling us that it happened.

    Edit 2: Note, as of a few minutes ago (see edit timestamps) Misthios has removed from his post the mention of amending the facts of the original post, and seemingly restored the original post back to it's original state, minus the ban discussion stuff... I think? I'm keeping my post here for posterity though, and leaving this note so that people can know that the facts have again been edited.





    Edit: One big caveat here is that one running a legitimate giveaway would also be forced to move to other methods of running it. Unfortunately there are larger systemic issues with moderation and support that must be resolved to actually correct these issues. So in the end, I'm not sure removing the RNG from roulette wheels would help or hurt anything in any way. Though I do think BJ casinos are slightly more effort (microscopically) to run than roulette ones, so I do still enjoy the thought of providing even the slightest of inconveniences to casino hosts.
    Last edited by Boppi Von Finkledorf; 08-21-2019 at 10:02 PM.

  14. #54
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    That's like saying "I won't go vote cus one vote won't change anything anywaya". Removing Roulette Wheels is one of the steps to reduce casinos. And that's a fact. It won't stop them, of course not, but it WILL reduce them, even if just a little. Removing them is better than leaving them as they are right now.

    Literally takes minimal to no effort for them to remove the function. And it will have a big impact on cssino worlds.
    How it changes anything? They already use bj in most of csns what i have ever seen. So they just focus on using farmables full time. Why you can't see it? Those ppl who host csn, sell dls right? So do you actually think that they would make less casinos if they need change using wheel to farmables? No, they get tons of cash from dls so they wont stop their business for 100% sure. They maybe even pay rent with dl money so they literally do it as a work, real life work. If you are writer and lose one kind of pen, would you stop writing cause of that? No. You will just start use another kind of pen. This is bigger problem than just some "scam and ppl losing dls and quit"-thing. This is real money business and only thing what we can do, is continue reporting those worlds and trust that mods and guardians can ban them.

    If there would be easy way to stop selling dls then this problem would be fixed already, but there is not. So do not continue this. Start think how to stop dl markets. That is this issues root, not roulette wheel. Do not blame wheel, blame ppl. Wheel did nothing wrong, people did. If they (csn owners) couldn't sell dls anymore, how many casinos would there be? yes, there would be some, but for real, if you find way to stop dl market, then you actually will find way to stop casinos.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  15. #55
    Master Sorcerer Tangramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    583

    Default

    I agree with Boppi Von Finkledorf.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=226719&d=1572806620

  16. #56
    Lesser Wizard LETS4GO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    (HIDDEN)
    Posts
    108

    Default

    It was for OldGertie
    LetsGo

  17. #57
    Lesser Wizard OldGertie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    208

    Default

    For gods sake people, there is no point in having Roulette Wheel stay in a game in which betting is illegal. For the love of god, Roulette Wheel is a BETTING game. How can you possibly see a downside in removing them???
    Name:  1566416839823.png
Views: 98
Size:  467.8 KB
    Ingame name - OldGertie

    Instagram - @OldGertie

    Discord - OldGertie#3133

    Youtube - OldGertie Gaming

  18. #58
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytoon View Post
    If you could provide me a link that would be awesome! I would like to see what you are talking about though I might know. Like betting on which tree will drop a seed or?
    idk do they allow links of csn videos, cause that teach you gamble. I don't know how to play bj in real life, but it has something to do with numbers and they calculate gems only in this farmable game. I think seeds doesn't count, only gems. But well, i don't know actually more about it, cause i never cared about gambling card games. Just search with some key words on tube.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  19. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    For gods sake people, there is no point in having Roulette Wheel stay in a game in which betting is illegal. For the love of god, Roulette Wheel is a BETTING game. How can you possibly see a downside in removing them???
    Name:  1566416839823.png
Views: 98
Size:  467.8 KB
    Removing the roulette altogether isn't a very good idea. If you want to affect the roulette, just nerf it, but even there, casinos wouldn't be affected because there are countless other ways to RNG.

  20. #60
    Master Sorcerer Tangramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    For gods sake people, there is no point in having Roulette Wheel stay in a game in which betting is illegal. For the love of god, Roulette Wheel is a BETTING game. How can you possibly see a downside in removing them???
    Name:  1566416839823.png
Views: 98
Size:  467.8 KB
    Maybe the Vegas Pack wasn't the best update in regards to the rules later being changed, after Hamumu and Seth saw, what downsides the casinos caused to players.

    But nevertheless:
    1) there are plenty more ways betting on currency, so removing one of them isn't gonna make a big difference (infact, will it do any?)
    2) it's an OLD item from WAY back: nostalge and remnants of the good ol' days.

    Gotta agree with RichWizard on this one

    Someone should merge the threads, so Gertie can debate with us without having to switch pages constantly.

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=226719&d=1572806620

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •