Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SamWOW's guide to... PROFIT!

Lightbulb SamWOW's guide to... PROFIT!

SamWOW's guide to PROFIT!

Hello, today we are going to talk about profiting. If you are reading this, I am sure you have gone to youtube and searched up various different ways to profit. If you are reading this, I'd be willing to bet that you have asked someone how they profit. If you are reading this, there is a good chance you are struggling with profiting. But... If you are reading this, by the time you are finished, you will FINALLY understand how to profit, and be able to answer the very questions you have asked in the past. So, why don't we begin?

First, let's define what it means to profit. The definition of profit is the following:

"a financial gain, especially the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something."

This definition comes straight from the real world, but how can we relate it to Growtopia? Well, let's break down the three terms in the definition.

BUYING - If you buy something for 50 world locks, and you want to profit, you must sell that same item for 55 world locks.

OPERATING - Maybe, everyone in that trade world wants to buy that item for 50 world locks. So, you decide to super broadcast! If you still want to profit 5 world locks, you are going to have to account for the price of that broadcast. So, add the price of the broadcast to the price that you bought the item for, then increase that price by the amount you wish to profit.

PRODUCING - Is it better to buy, craft, or splice an item? For example, as of August 12th, it was better to craft an ancestral tesseract of dimensions. The market price of the tesseract was from 870-900 world locks, but to buy the recipe only costed you about 815.

Also, never forget the rule of supply and demand! When there is high supply, prices drop. When there is low supply, prices rise. When there is high demand, prices rise. When there is low demand, prices drop.

When you are attempting to profit, there are 3 questions should ask yourself:

1) Is this worth my time?

2) Is this going to be hard to sell?

3) Is this item going to rise in price, or drop in price?

Let's apply this to a situation I experienced in Growtopia recently. It was late July, and I wanted to purchase Golden Angel Wings. I walked myself through this thought process before purchasing the wings.

1) Yes, this is worth my time. Golden Angel Wings have a very large variation in price, so I can easily resell them for a profit upwards of 80 world locks.

2) No, they will not be hard to sell. Golden Angel Wings are always needed, seeing as though 3 of them are needed to complete the Legendary Wings. They are also needed to make Nightmare Devil Wings, which can be created by dropping Golden Angel Wings into the growganoth on Halloween!

3) Yes, they will rise in price. In late July, Halloween is still a few months down the road. But, by late August and early September, the Golden Angel Wings will most definitely be more expensive. This is because players will be buying them last minute to make Nightmare Devil Wings.

After answering these 3 questions, I decided that it was a great idea to buy the Golden Angel Wings. I bought them, and sold them around 5 days later for a profit of 150 world locks.

Now, let's use these same 3 questions to discuss mass producing! I was interested in mass producing Surg-E.

1) No, this is not worth my time. I do not have time to collect, place, and break the needed blocks, and I do not have the time to plant and splice the needed seeds! (Note: If you own items such as the MAGPLANT 5000 or the Rayman's Fist, your answer may be different.)

2) No, they will not be hard to sell. Surg-E are in high demand right now, because many players are chosing to make the Angel of Mercy's Wings, as well as the Red Name.

3) By the time I finish the mass, which takes quite some time, the price may go down. Knowing this, it may not be worth it to do the mass production; simply because the price is so fragile.

So, I decided against mass producing Surg-E.

If there is one thing you should take away from this guide, it should be these 5 tips:

1) Do not take risks. If you are taking a risk, make sure you are prepared to lose profit.

2) Do not be desperate. Be patient! Do not rush to buy or sell an item.

3) The best time to sell is when there are a lot of buyers.

4) The best time to buy is when there are a lot of sellers.

5) Do not make excuses. You can profit, even with only 1 world lock.

With that, I wish you the best of luck profiting! Thank you for your time, and see you around Growtopia!

If you have a question, just ASK! I will always be responding to this thread.
    Hello! I am SamWOW

I am dedicated to doing what ever it takes to better the Growtopia community.

CONTACT ME!
    IG: @samwowgt
    Discord: SamWOW#8217
    World: SAMWOW!

That's really gonna help some people! Thanks for sharing, SamWOW! :D
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

IGN: AllyCat22
    Level: 55
    Guild: Coil (GL)

POSITIVE. MENTAL. ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyCat22 View Post
    That's really gonna help some people! Thanks for sharing, SamWOW!
    No problem! I might add more later, like discussing the different between safe options and risky options. Be sure to ask me ANY questions you have, it just adds to the guide!
    Hello! I am SamWOW

CONTACT ME!

Great guide, would definitely want people to use this thread as an advice if they’re wealth-driven. Keep up the good work, Sam.
    “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement”

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Winwood View Post
    Great guide, would definitely want people to use this thread as an advice if they’re wealth-driven. Keep up the good work, Sam.
    Thanks, Winny! <3 Let me know if I can answer any questions!
    Hello! I am SamWOW

CONTACT ME!

Master Sorcerer

Do not take risks is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. How else are you supposed to make profit
    This space is empty, just like the space in my skull.

Lesser Wizard

Wow Sam! What a great guide.

My account just got hacked, and i am starting over with a new account. I just got 10k gems and a wl from bfg. What do you think i should do next?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ROOTbeerr View Post
    Do not take risks is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. How else are you supposed to make profit
    Mmm... I think you are mistaken. I guess better wording would have been, "Take calculated risks."

There are a lot of situations where risk is a great idea, but in general it is not. I.E. doing surgery, extracting DNA.

But, some risk is great - like speculating an item price or something. That risk can be calculated through asking the 3 questions I mentioned earlier. If it seems too risky, don't do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zao05 View Post

Wow Sam! What a great guide.

My account just got hacked, and i am starting over with a new account. I just got 10k gems and a wl from bfg. What do you think i should do next?
    Hmmm. I would say to BFG until you have 12k, then sell a surgery pack. Once you do that, you can begin trade profiting small items like Cultist Sets and Turtle Hats!

Best of luck, and keep me updated!
    Hello! I am SamWOW

CONTACT ME!

Quote Originally Posted by SamWOW View Post
    BUYING - If you buy something for 50 world locks, and you want to profit, you must sell that same item for 55 world locks.

OPERATING - Maybe, everyone in that trade world wants to buy that item for 50 world locks. So, you decide to super broadcast! If you still want to profit 5 world locks, you are going to have to account for the price of that broadcast. So, add the price of the broadcast to the price that you bought the item for, then increase that price by the amount you wish to profit.
    big problem here, a super broadcast is like 4-5 world locks worth of gems, (on days growtopia isn't busy), no one would buy that item for 55-60 world locks unless they are desperate, and it'll take like 2-3 SBs to find someone to buy it for 5-10 worlds locks over the price, if you want to sell that item for the price you said you'd have to be lucky enough to the point where barely anybody sells the item to the point where even if its overpay they'd buy it. my main point, is dont super broadcast unless you plan on making over 30 world locks profit, because you'd lose profit from the gems.

its better to just up the price by 1 or 2 world locks, if you don't want to waste a bunch of gems.
    ign: slinkyman
    started playing in July, 2019.
    Growtokens 37/200
    Goal: Growtoken Doggy
    Guild: SOUL (GL)
    YouTube Channel
    World: SLINKYSTUDIOS
    Level: 23

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    big problem here, a super broadcast is like 4-5 world locks worth of gems, (on days growtopia isn't busy), no one would buy that item for 55-60 world locks unless they are desperate, and it'll take like 2-3 SBs to find someone to buy it for 5-10 worlds locks over the price, if you want to sell that item for the price you said you'd have to be lucky enough to the point where barely anybody sells the item to the point where even if its overpay they'd buy it. my main point, is dont super broadcast unless you plan on making over 30 world locks profit, because you'd lose profit from the gems.

its better to just up the price by 1 or 2 world locks, if you don't want to waste a bunch of gems.
    I 100% agree. That example was not the best, but take into account items like Golden Items or items that you had mass produced. The main thing to remember is to always incorporate the price of your advertisement VS. the price of your item (or original investment).
    Hello! I am SamWOW

CONTACT ME!

This is how to apply your education to solve real life problem. Great!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by CoreID View Post
    This is how to apply your education to solve real life problem. Great!
    Thanks! This is why I love growtopia, we can all learn so much from such a simple game.
    Hello! I am SamWOW

CONTACT ME!

I think we should all just take the time to appreciate this beautiful post.
    I make low-quality content.

Most Recent video:

I didn't make the thumbnail it was IcyHarry

IGN: SeaAce

i swear its like growtopia is a college course on trading & stock markets for free
    ign: slinkyman
    started playing in July, 2019.
    Growtokens 37/200
    Goal: Growtoken Doggy
    Guild: SOUL (GL)
    YouTube Channel
    World: SLINKYSTUDIOS
    Level: 23

Ah, Thanks for sharing!
    Level 43/50
    Main world: ALRGEM
    IGN:Romia
    New IG Account: @romia_gt

i swear its like growtopia is a college course on trading & stock markets for free
    Right, I feel like this game will help people in real life.
    I make low-quality content.

Most Recent video:

I didn't make the thumbnail it was IcyHarry

IGN: SeaAce

Banned

Added this to my Growtopia's entrepreneurship notebook, thanks for sharing not this. But why are you talking about expensive stuffs<like g-Angels> ....

Quote Originally Posted by SeaAce View Post
    I think we should all just take the time to appreciate this beautiful post.
    Thanks More to come...
    Hello! I am SamWOW

CONTACT ME!

thanks for the advice, will surely implement your ideas~

marked thread as important*

I can see the fakes, so when I look in your direction
    Understand I'm seein' right through

-IGN: Dvours

Cool

That's what I was going for More to come!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romia View Post
    Ah, Thanks for sharing!

Any time! Anything else you think I should talk about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devours View Post
    thanks for the advice, will surely implement your ideas~

marked thread as important*
    Sounds good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 1NB4 View Post
    Added this to my Growtopia's entrepreneurship notebook, thanks for sharing not this. But why are you talking about expensive stuffs<like g-Angels> ....
    I only chose Golden Angel Wings for that one example simply because it was an experience I recently had. Not to mention, the golden items are some of the best things to profit with in the game. But, you can still profit using ANY item in the game using the same steps!
    Hello! I am SamWOW

CONTACT ME!