Thread: About 420 - the evil drug number is no longer allowed?

Banned

Default About 420 - the evil drug number is no longer allowed?

Apparently, a player who owned the nickname "420" was recently renamed by moderators. Keep in mind he had this nickname for over a year and it's worth over 800 diamond locks.
    Is that number literally so malevolent and villainous you can no longer allow a player to use it in his name? I am sure alot of players would love some explanation.
    Not the first time a player was renamed despite doing nothing wrong: I remember a player having "Sexy" in his name which got him renamed, despite the game literally having an item called sexy boxers in it.

Ubisoft, please fix.

Now out of pure spite I don't think they'd name someone something different unless it has a good reason to it.

It might have been that the user who owned it somehow advertised or used the name to promote "420" or well joke around with it. With making irrelevant comments about 420 and so on.

Yet again it might be considered in the grey area. All illegal substances in growtopia are probihited to even talk about. Having a name like that may have a certain effect or would somehow provoke users to discuss about it (I mean like whenever you see some cool name you definetly make a joke or discuss about it.) and I can imagine the owner would somehow "flex" with it and discuss about it as well.
    Contact me on Discord: Recheh#5381
    Console Growtopia Discord Server
    https://discord.gg/TkGayKu

I think it has some sort of story behind it that we don't know that got these players nicknames being renamed to something else. There could be a lot of reasons to do so and it would be cool to at least know one of them. Maybe it would calm some people down that are interested in such things and have a lot of questions about it.
    Good leadership is a key to success and success is key to good leadership.

IGN: Punchas
    LEVEL: 61
    WORLD: PUNCHASGT
    YT: Puchas Gaming
    Instagram: puchy_gg
    Discord: Paulius#0001

Master Sorcerer
    I spent like 2 minutes thinking of something funny to write here. I can't think of anything.

Well I think the most wrong thing about this is it's value at 800, h o w? And why?

I know rare names can go for a fair bit and frankly I don't know the right sum but it's like showing me a loaf of bread and telling me it costs 800 bucks.
    IGN: PoseidionYT

The worst kind of people are those who put Moderators saying their names in their signature. How pretentious.

welp, here goes our "+12 game"
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

My latest video: A surreal GT video

The perfect game dosen't exi...
    https://i.imgur.com/zIZ2Suw.png

The game already contains roulette wheels (gambling), beer (drinking) and cigars (smoking). Now I do understand that all of these are legal in most countries and “420” is not, but still, having 420 as your player name is not encouraging drug use or promoting bad behavior in anyway, it’s just a number. Should all names containing the number be changed? Should all worlds containing the number be nuked? I hope not.

Last time I checked I had: 2,000 subscribers!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCollector View Post
    Should all names containing the number be changed?
    imagine a new player logging in without a growid and getting assigned _420 and then they get banned for that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no context
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    dywinnie u can start pweeb with me owo we can bwender s togwetter :3 pwetty pwease

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Banned

Default Alright

Thanks for defending me ❤️

Yes, they should fix it. Not only that, but they should also give an apology. Changing a player’s name without his consent is straight up wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwing View Post
    Well I think the most wrong thing about this is it's value at 800, h o w? And why?

I know rare names can go for a fair bit and frankly I don't know the right sum but it's like showing me a loaf of bread and telling me it costs 800 bucks.
    Same thought here
    IGN: CandleJack

I never thought that there was a drug called "420" as I'm not really interested in such matters. Don't really know the full story here that led to this decision so I don't know what I should think about it.
    Good leadership is a key to success and success is key to good leadership.

IGN: Punchas
    LEVEL: 61
    WORLD: PUNCHASGT
    YT: Puchas Gaming
    Instagram: puchy_gg
    Discord: Paulius#0001

Quote Originally Posted by Punchas View Post
    I never thought that there was a drug called "420" as I'm not really interested in such matters. Don't really know the full story here that led to this decision so I don't know what I should think about it.
    there ain't...

Just that that number has some sort of association with stoners.
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

My latest video: A surreal GT video

The perfect game dosen't exi...
    https://i.imgur.com/zIZ2Suw.png

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    Yes, they should fix it. Not only that, but they should also give an apology. Changing a player’s name without his consent is straight up wrong.
    If it was something inappropriate then changing the name without consent would be justifiable, but over a number? I don't know the facts or whether this story is biased or not, but with the context we're given I feel like it's unfair to change this guy's name over a number. The number 420 can mean so much more besides the number associated with drugs. With this logic, everyone with the names containing 69 or 666 in it are screwed.

IGN: electrodream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @electrodreamy
    WOTD count: 23
    Forumers' VIP pass: StarboardFTW.

I am also confused and would like and explanation from staff ot a mod.

I never really saw 420 as a bad name exactly.

(Oh god. Oh god. Please. I hope I'm not next. )
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Cursed

just because the cannabis community used 420 as a way to describe their celebration, you do this, automatically assuming it's a evil number to use.

or is it that moderators are looking for a petty reason to ruin someone's day? do they have nothing else to do already?

no wonder seth & hamumu didn't want to work w/ ubisoft, hence they sold the game.

y'all are too anal about the rules, like theres a stick up your ass or something..

420...?
    Ahhh the devil’s lettuce... XD jk

But damn I would love the name 420 that’s a dope ass name THATS A CELEBRATION
    It’s a whole MEME.

Don’t see how it could be removed. They better come up with a good explanation. TSK TSK TSK

Name:  810DCF91-E086-4B0E-9ABA-74001E46BD4B.png
Views: 65
Size:  90.2 KB

fresh out of f*cks forever

-Megamilk