View Poll Results: Do you guys still attend Forum Meetups?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 25.00%
  • No

4 20.00%
  • Sometimes

11 55.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [ POLL ] Do you guys still attend Forum Meetups?

Quote Originally Posted by Croix View Post
    i see no point in them, went to one to see what they were about a while ago and it’s just debates which will change nothing.
    No point in them? Are you sure? Because I've got a ton of points.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

i had this long list of cult game activities we could do with reasonably good prizes for a few of the meetups (i had 5 planned).

then i got banned.
    h

I usually do but I don't stay for long, hosting some games is the favorite part though. Other than that, they are pretty boring
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

I made a suggestion to revive most dead activities and to stabilize most unbalanced matters in the game, be sure to check it out here!

My minecraft youtube channel

Not really. If I do go I stay for 10 minutes and then go back to bed. The recent one was nice because there were less people, and that's something I'm more comfortable with.
    "Flowers grow back, even after they are stepped on."

I go to one every now and then. The one in august had so many people. It's so much different than I remember.
    "Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing."

Thanks to Topazi for the avatar
    Discord: Hunt2man#3305
    Steam: Hunt2man
    Switch Friend Code: SW-8230-0945-3907

Quote Originally Posted by hunt2man View Post
    I go to one every now and then. The one in august had so many people. It's so much different than I remember.
    Oh yeah but September’s Meetup was different, I had even more fun with y’all in September’s Meetup
    Join Forumers United, Join now!

All for one and one for all, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    i had this long list of cult game activities we could do with reasonably good prizes for a few of the meetups (i had 5 planned).

then i got banned.
    Pm beaj or smth

I'm fooken 12 and hate life. Fook school
    Slowly building up a fake persona~
    Discord: scr0nchi#1435

Attachment 223346
    -tq rimouiii

Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3as

[

Quote Originally Posted by hunt2man View Post
    I never attended August’s meetup because of my experience last July’s meetup. Yeah, there were tons of people.

I feel like Forum Meetups are literally just meetups, and nothing more. Make friends, chat, build, and grief. But, other than that, I feel that it is really much different.

Very little reason to attend again, if you have attended before. As for me, I’d attend maybe once in every two months to meet new people.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the ideal time to attend meetups are when there is something exciting, like games, going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    I never attended August’s meetup because of my experience last July’s meetup. Yeah, there were tons of people.

I feel like Forum Meetups are literally just meetups, and nothing more. Make friends, chat, build, and grief. But, other than that, I feel that it is really much different.

Very little reason to attend again, if you have attended before. As for me, I’d attend maybe once in every two months to meet new people.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the ideal time to attend meetups are when there is something exciting, like games, going on.
    There’s a lot more than that and for friends, I’ve seen people who became friends again in the Meetup.

Meetups, they strengthen the bonds of this community.

All for one and one for all, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    There’s a lot more than that and for friends, I’ve seen people who became friends again in the Meetup.

Meetups, they strengthen the bonds of this community.
    I have no doubt that they strengthen bonds.

But, they’ve grown quite boring. That’s why some of us say that there is no point. People attend meetups not just to strengthen bonds, but to also have fun. Most meetups seem similar thus having less reason to join again.

Make some activites, like puzzles, lore, challenges, and more. But also make meetups unique and addicting to join. Something that gives a player the feeling that meetups aren’t a waste of time.

Problems with meetups, in my opinion, are that they are sometimes quite clustered and chaotic.
    The meetups are so similar that there is literally no urge to make you come back, other than meeting people, chatting with people, and building. There is nothing much new in them.
    Little things in them makes you want to stay long. ( not a problem, the problem is that they are quite boring )

There really aren’t any problems in the meetups. These are actually just the things I felt changed in meetups when Chemmie left. Meetups can improve to be honest.

I have no doubt that they strengthen bonds.

But, they’ve grown quite boring. That’s why some of us say that there is no point. People attend meetups not just to strengthen bonds, but to also have fun. Most meetups seem similar thus having less reason to join again.

Make some activities, like puzzles, lore, challenges, and more. But also make meetups unique and addicting to join. Something that gives a player the feeling that meetups aren’t a waste of time.

Problems with meetups, in my opinion, are that they are sometimes quite clustered and chaotic.
    The meetups are so similar that there is literally no urge to make you come back, other than meeting people, chatting with people, and building. There is nothing much new in them.
    Little things in them make you want to stay long. ( not a problem, the problem is that they are quite boring )

There really aren’t any problems in the meetups. These are actually just the things I felt changed in meetups when Chemmie left. Meetups can improve, be honest.
    Thank you for the suggestions, and yeah if you want more activities, I'll make sure to add them however there were already activities in the meetup already, sad that you missed them.

And well, there's a "no griefing" rule in the meetups of mine and I always watch out if there are people who grief.

And as a side note, I had a lot of fun and sad that you were late, hope you come earlier and won’t miss the fun
    Last edited by TobyLerasco; 09-13-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions, and yeah if you want more activities, I'll make sure to add them and I'll try to improve them, sure. As a side note, there was a trivia last time, thanks to Ooopsi.

And well, there's a "no griefing" rule in the meetups of mine and I always watch out if there are people who grief.

I hope I can make y'all enjoy even more the next time
    That's great! Thank you!

When I have time, I do.
    ▇▆▅▆▇▆▅▆▇
    Discord: WhySoGod#2355
    IGN: WhySoGod

Quote Originally Posted by Growtopia
    "Reality flickers as you begin to wake up."

That's great! Thank you!
    Sweet, could y’all tell me the games y’all want to see?
    Last edited by TobyLerasco; 09-11-2019 at 07:03 PM.

No, after I got scammed during a meetup, I have only been in like 1 of those.

didn't bother to mainly cause there's no one I wanna meet in game
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Sometimes, rarely. I’m usually dragged by my bestie to go. My time zone makes it difficult to show up since I have to set an alarm and wake up in the middle of the night. I’m not really a morning person either. Or in this case, a middle-of-the-night person. The sound of my alarm going off is like a death call. So, I tend to show up to meetups in zombie mode. They are still a great way to get to know people and make new friends.
    IGN: Cress
    — 𝒥𝑒 𝓋𝑜𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝒶 𝓋𝒾𝑒 𝑒𝓃 𝓇𝑜𝓈𝑒. —
    “𝒟𝑜𝓊𝒷𝓉 𝓀𝒾𝓁𝓁𝓈 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝒻𝒶𝒾𝓁𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁.”

I’ve tried to but the timezones are too mixed I end up sleeping through them.
    IGN:6GSY1
    GUILD : PANDACLOUD
    LEVEL : 69

Bumping...