Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Ubisoft’s new “child friendly” policy.

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Noodle905's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,613

    Default Ubisoft’s new “child friendly” policy.

    Look guys, you have to make this 100% clear to us. You claim to want to make the game more child friendly but there are 20+ items in the game that are sexual/involve smoking/gambling/other stuff.

    You choose to deeply punish members of your playerbase for these sorts of things in any sense whatsoever with no regard for how these players have affected the playerbase for the better and/or time they put into the game. That being said, the game itself is littered with all of these “non child friendly” items.

    So please make up your mind and make it 100% clear, is the game supposed to be child friendly or not? If you are going to steal an 800dl username from some guy named 420 for it not being child friendly, but openly have a cigar in the game, where is the continuity?

    If anyone has 420/69 in their name will they also get it changed to something else withno warning, or will there be justice.


    EDIT: here is an amazing satire thread on the subject, with the way Ubisoft has been taking growtopia it honestly wouldn’t suprise me if some of the following actually happen. https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...the-game-needs

    We have already seen some of this stuff begin and if it isn’t clear if their intentions, we don’t know what will happen.


    PLEASE, reply to this thread in it’s Whole, not to one topic and not by a guardian/support staff. The community deserves an answer from UBISOFT themselves (one of the developers/community managers) over their end goal with taking their current actions and what we can expect in the future so more players don’t suffer similar fates. If a guardian/support member locks this thread, it’s just proof of censorship by Ubisoft to not wanting to answer to their unjust actions.
    Last edited by Noodle905; 08-27-2019 at 04:46 AM.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

    Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

    https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer rrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Eating your food
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle905 View Post
    Look guys, you have to make this 100% clear to us. You claim to want to make the game more child friendly but there are 20+ items in the game that are sexual/involve smoking/gambling/other stuff.

    You choose to deeply punish members of your playerbase for these sorts of things in any sense whatsoever with no regard for how these players have affected the playerbase for the better and/or time they put into the game. That being said, the game itself is littered with all of these “non child friendly” items.

    So please make up your mind and make it 100% clear, is the game supposed to be child friendly or not? If you are going to steal an 800dl username from some guy named 420 for it not being child friendly, but openly have a cigar in the game, where is the continuity?

    If anyone has 420/69 in their name will they also get it changed to something else withno warning, or will there be justice.
    oobil0rdz: no 420

    also oobil0rdz: cigar gambling sexy boxers yes yes
    pfp drawn by memo4ever

    IGN: rrix

    [❌]Level: 64/125
    [❌]Dls: 40/100
    [❌]Gems: 712k/1m
    [✔️]Dirt: 1/1


    I am the memelord

    End goal: Try out every part of gt

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,318

    Default

    Let's be honest. The only reason you made this post is because some well known players got the hammer.
    Last edited by Shawn Wilson; 08-27-2019 at 02:40 AM.

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard Anime_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Nether Realm
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    It's funny how nobody mentioned anything about any of this until some well known players got the hammer and now all the fanboyz are white knights on a crusade for morality.
    The way they got banned was an eye-opener for everyone. This essentially showed them “Ubisoft’s true color”. If many well-known players gets banned from a game, then the community will take sides on the matter. Personally for me, I could care either way since their ban has nothing to with me.
    GrowID - Anime
    LEVEL - 95
    Main World - KURO
    Trusted Middleman in 'BUYUSERNAME'
    -----------------------------------------------
    Goals
    • Level 125 - 95/125
    • 200 Diamond Locks - 400+/200 [Completed]
    • Legendary Item - 0/1

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Recreate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Watching Shrek 5
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Inb4 they remove purple thongs
    [ IGN ]: PandoRika
    [ Instagram ]: @pando_rika

    About me:

    I'm a man of culture, true master of gender equality, keyboard warrior, a Chad of growtopia.

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,318

    Default

    [QUOTE=Anime_;4093453]The way they got banned was an eye-opener for everyone. This essentially showed them “Ubisoft’s true color”. If many well-known players gets banned from a game, then the community will take sides on the matter. Personally for me, I could care either way since their ban has nothing to with me.[/QUOTE

    A few days ago it was about a roulette wheel and just that. Now it seems to be more to the situation. It's called grasping at straws to argue over the bans. It doesn't matter to me how they phrase it because if you mention the bans in the OP that definitely is the agenda.

    If it was just about people feeling something was inappropriate for a young kid in the game I understand that and I probably would agree. Sadly nobody was saying anything until the hammer came down.

    I could take a wild guess that some people brought the wrong kind of attention on themselves. Then some other people with power looked through thier history and found some not so kid friendly stuff. Then they found out it wasn't about the roulette wheel. So the agenda changed.
    Last edited by Shawn Wilson; 08-27-2019 at 03:11 AM.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Name:  ACC1E9F8-B7D5-497C-80CA-36B05CAA76D9.jpeg
Views: 447
Size:  68.7 KB

    Child friendly more like child endangerment

  8. #8
    Lesser Wizard Azurada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    Let's be honest. The only reason you made this post is because some well known players got the hammer.
    I couldn't say it is yet. But there have been incidents, of course. We want a clean game and we're getting it, but not the way we wish it'd be. But we should also get perspective that movements like #unban<insert player name> is a way to mess the community up, not just the notorious scamming and hacking.

  9. #9
    Lesser Wizard Zynek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    In my parent's shed
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Let's be real, most of the players are immature kids, why restrict the game to 17+ or however old it is to the game when you can have the majority of the market ready to download the game?
    Give a man a wl, and he will learn to rely on you.
    Teach a man to make wls and you'll set him up for success.
    IGN:Tellicant Main:U9

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Noodle905's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    Let's be honest. The only reason you made this post is because some well known players got the hammer.
    You have obviously never seen my hundreds of other threads bringing up these tough topics beforehand so let me introduce myself.

    I make threads on just about any community oriented issue and look at them through the eyes of someone who has been active in the community for years, and who takes time to write out my threads so they don’t contain pointless false information.

    The fact that many players have gotten the ban hammer is in fact one of the major points of this topic, they fact that they were well known only acted as a catalyst for this information to spread into the public quicker.

    It’s ubisoft’s complete lack of consistency on these topics ending in illegitimate bans that causes these situations to become much more serious than they once were. They will always say that “we don’t know the full story” but when you see people you have grown up with get tossed out over something trivial it really is them grasping at straws in some cases, whether it be the lack of training for the Canadian support team, or personal bias against others.

    It goes without saying that I speak up about any topic that affects the community because I CARE about this community enough to want to see it be the best it can possibly be, and sometimes that requires me to bring up tough subjects and look at them through as clear a lens as possible.



    My entire point In this thread is that ubisoft is punishing players for having “bad” situations over topics their game actively promotes.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

    Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

    https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Lopyhupis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lidl (Kesa on crazy)
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Recreate View Post
    Inb4 they remove purple thongs
    Wait what, Rip I owned a sell+ for that item
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

    CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

    FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG


  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Ryuu Kaname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    First Layer of Life
    Posts
    2,198

    Default

    i see nothing wrong with mods banning explicit players tho, i mean they indeed didn't directly harm any players, but however they are broadcasting about their rare id names, very rare that gets him bannable
    =IGN : Crausse=

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Stupido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Woah TK69's name might be changed then

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zynek3 View Post
    Let's be real, most of the players are immature kids, why restrict the game to 17+ or however old it is to the game when you can have the majority of the market ready to download the game?
    Most of my friends are 15+ tho
    Have some Chocolate to make your day better! 🍫


    Sometimes..i just wonder..what if..what if memes..were a currency..But then you realize that you're from Europe.

    Stupidity has no limits

    Cat memes and Dank memes are the best. Don't @ me

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle905 View Post
    You have obviously never seen my hundreds of other threads bringing up these tough topics beforehand so let me introduce myself.

    I make threads on just about any community oriented issue and look at them through the eyes of someone who has been active in the community for years, and who takes time to write out my threads so they don’t contain pointless false information.

    The fact that many players have gotten the ban hammer is in fact one of the major points of this topic, they fact that they were well known only acted as a catalyst for this information to spread into the public quicker.

    It’s ubisoft’s complete lack of consistency on these topics ending in illegitimate bans that causes these situations to become much more serious than they once were. They will always say that “we don’t know the full story” but when you see people you have grown up with get tossed out over something trivial it really is them grasping at straws in some cases, whether it be the lack of training for the Canadian support team, or personal bias against others.

    It goes without saying that I speak up about any topic that affects the community because I CARE about this community enough to want to see it be the best it can possibly be, and sometimes that requires me to bring up tough subjects and look at them through as clear a lens as possible.



    My entire point In this thread is that ubisoft is punishing players for having “bad” situations over topics their game actively promotes.
    My advice is to not make the discussion about player bans. I wouldn't try to combine the subject of player bans and items in the game you find inappropriate for younger players.

    I would totally agree that an item like a cigar might not be appropriate. I would totally agree that you have a point on some other items as well.

    I myself think that player bans are separate and that it isn't a new kid friendly policy. It might be moderated more strictly now but certain subject matters have always been deemed unacceptable in Growtopia. If you been around for years you will know this was true even before Ubisoft.

    I think if you look through everybody's history you would probably find something. If you give them a reason to search your history then so be it.

    If you want to be well known and claim to represent Growtopia be prepared to face more scrutiny than your average unknown player like me.

    If you want to use items in the game as an excuse to do things that are not tolerated in Growtopia so be it.

    If we are being honest there is a difference between items in game and player behavior.
    Last edited by Shawn Wilson; 08-27-2019 at 06:45 AM.

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle905 View Post

    If anyone has 420/69 in their name will they also get it changed to something else withno warning, or will there be justice.
    I want point this out. Cause i have 2 kids, i actually know and see what they talk, what they know and so on. And if ubisoft wants know for real, what kids think and learn in this game, feel free to contact me.

    Why i pointed this out? Cause i can guarantee that my kids know meaning of 69 earlier than meaning of 420. So if we want compare which is more inappropriate, i can say, it is 69 if we think, what kids know earlier. Sure i can ask this from my kids, i haven't asked yet, so lets see what they will answer (and lets hope that i don't need explain these numbers to them). My kids are now 9 and other is soon 13. So my son was just 7yo when he asked me to join in this game. I have seen how he play this game before he learned read and how he now play it, while he finally start learn english. This year, they have first time english class in school, so this year, he will learn much more about this game, than ever before. And after this year, i will finally see, what this game actually teach for my kid.

    So, in next spring, i actually can give much more information than rn, but rn, i can tell what those kids actually think about this game and all stuff in it. So i hope, you rlly listen to those, who has actual knowledge and don't just assume what you think, kids would thought or learn. Maybe there is more gt families, who could tell about kids point of view..
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Please consider two threads which will help turn Growtopia over a new leaf:

    Changes Growtopia needs
    And...
    List of immoral numbers that should be removed from the game.

  17. #17
    Lesser Wizard slinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    ratatouille
    Posts
    137

    Default

    this post is great and stuff but
    have you considered honey as an internet extension?
    ign: slinkyman
    started playing in July, 2019.
    Growtokens 37/200
    Goal: Growtoken Doggy
    Guild: SOUL (GL)
    YouTube Channel
    World: SLINKYSTUDIOS
    Level: 23

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Sprite Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Fleeing from evil Kree
    Posts
    549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle905 View Post
    So please make up your mind and make it 100% clear, is the game supposed to be child friendly or not? If you are going to steal an 800dl username from some guy named 420 for it not being child friendly, but openly have a cigar in the game, where is the continuity?
    ^^^ At least draw a clear line on whether a thing is considered child-friendly or not.
    In-game name: Zierfandler
    Growtopia Wiki's admin.

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer HugeLock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    This game is going to get flooded by little kids who have no knowledge how to play, speak English, farm, trade, etc. They are just going to become those braindead noobs who say "plzz wl prooo".

    I am not happy where this game is taking direction right now.
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

    _______________________
    Started in July, 2013. But only recently joined the forums!

    "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    -
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl
    Avatar made by NekoWolf

  20. #20
    Administrator NekoRei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    2,690

    Default

    First of all, we would like to clarify that we've not made any changes to our policies. We investigate each and every single report on an individual basis. Since we will not disclose any account information publicly, we ask you for your understanding that we can't go into detail.

    When it comes to our naming convention we would not rename your GrowID for that reason alone. If you are renamed please contact the Customer Support Team and we will take a look at your case. You are more than welcome to submit a dispute and we could change your name to a proper one (of your liking) if deemed necessary BUT with warning.

    For the recent case however, the team was still in discussion if the name is deemed inappropriate, and we were trying to find a solution on both sides. But we also came to the conclusion that for the player's particular case his name was not only infringing against our naming conventions but we found out that there is also an intent of selling the name. In parallel, false claims were being made publicly.

    Please be aware that selling names as well as making false claims is against our rules and can lead to suspensions. We hope that this is now a bit more clear.

    Closing this thread now.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •