Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Let us have Ban Discussions

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,340

    Default Let us have Ban Discussions

    I know that this post will most likely not be understood. I am sure that I won't see any changes as a result. I'm just giving my feedback around the situation because recently I feel there have been a few issues with certain sections of the community around player bans and distrust of the moderators. I play with broadcast turned off. Even with broadcast turned off I see a list of worlds being nuked and players being banned. I am allowed to see the world names and player names without any reasons listed as to why. I would much rather not see these things listed for me if I can't know the reasons why. I would suggest if you are going to list the players' name and that he/she was banned you should also list the cause of the ban, duration and the moderator that dispensed the punishment. If you are concerned with confidentiality for the player and the moderator then I suggest no longer listing these bans and nukes in my chat feed.

    I feel like for a long time the mantra has been not to have ban discussions. If a person on their own volition decides to make a public forum post then they are willfully asking for the information to be made public. If they wanted to be discreet they could obviously keep a situation between themselves and support. You can lock and delete threads on this forum but you cannot stop the spread of disinformation/information on other media like Youtube and Instagram for example. Some players (not me) interpret this as trying to silence players who received unjust bans.

    Moderators are then forced to stay silent and have no grounds to defend their position when a player decides to make a situation public. Players that spread misinformation about a ban cause confusion with the player base and if a mod cannot clarify then conspiracy theories run wild. Already mods and administrators are forced to make a statement when the situation grows out of hand anyway. I understand that some players don't want their ban information made public and I can understand locking and removing threads made about them. I don't understand protecting player privacy when they choose to make it public even to the point of spreading disinformation.

    All I'm really saying is that I think it's unfair that people can misrepresent themselves and how they were treated by a moderator. If they should choose to make a situation public you shouldn't try to protect them anymore. Obviously, they didn't follow the rules. Now they want to publicly argue it and persuade/involve members of the forum and game. Forcing a moderator to not be involved isn't protecting the moderator. It's causing people who don't know the situation to judge and distrust. If every ban is justified then there should be no reason a moderator cannot defend or speak about the choice he/she has made.

    Obviously, I understand and respect the reasons why things are the way they are now. I don't expect anything to change. I am just giving feedback.

  2. #2
    Lesser Wizard SpeedyNex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyNex View Post
    Discussing bans inside of the Forums is strictly prohibited and there is a simple explanation for that. Forums are simply not the place for that type of discussions! They are filling up Threads with unnecessary posts about guilty/innocent people getting banned and it is making Forums look "dirty". Discussions about bans (if uncontrolled) can bring rebels if it gets out of hand. That's why these type of posts are being cut by the root quite fast. If you pay attention to any other serious Forums out there you will notice they have similar rules. Ubisoft wanted to make things separated because it's easier to control happenings. That's why you should only contact support if anything alike bans, disagreements or other types of problems occur.

    ERGO

    Do not try to make conversations and spread drama about how you/someone got banned. Support system will help you, community will not.
    I wrote this yesterday answering a similar constatation.
    Follow me on instagram: @speedynex
    Find me on Twitter!
    Add me on discord: Nex#5964

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    ( ☭ )
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Ban discussions are illegal, refrain from doing it.

  4. #4
    Knight PlasmaStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    USA, NC
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyNex View Post
    I wrote this yesterday answering a similar constatation.
    The irony is if some dirty mods were being dirty, the only way to fix things would to make the forums look "dirty".

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1NB4 View Post
    Ban discussions are illegal, refrain from doing it.
    I know they are not allowed. It is actually part of my post that I know it isn't allowed. The reason I made this post is because they are not allowed. Yet people still try to discuss thier bans in a public forum.

    Why don't you add to the discussion? Tell me the purpose of them not being allowed and the benefits. I still see post of people disputing a ban and people being mislead from it. It's not allowed but I still see it happening...

    What I don't want is people not reading my post and giving me a generic response telling me something I already know.

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyNex View Post
    I wrote this yesterday answering a similar constatation.
    I read your post and understand it. I might just have to accept that even if it isn't allowed people will still continue to post about thier bans trying to discuss them.

    I still see no point in seeing nukes and player bans in my chat box. I turned off broadcast to silence the beeps and I still have to deal with the booms from world's being nuked. That is another part of my suggestion. Allow me to choose to turn that off.

    I'm being fed information I have no use for and don't need with no option to turn it off.

  7. #7
    Lesser Knight Chowney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    I know they are not allowed. It is actually part of my post that I know it isn't allowed. The reason I made this post is because they are not allowed. Yet people still try to discuss thier bans in a public forum.

    Why don't you add to the discussion? Tell me the purpose of them not being allowed and the benefits. I still see post of people disputing a ban and people being mislead from it. It's not allowed but I still see it happening...

    What I don't want is people not reading my post and giving me a generic response telling me something I already know.
    Because us normal Users can't do anything about the User who got banned. There's no point of having unnecessary threads of people who got banned. 95% of the times all the punishments you've received are justified.

    If you want to discuss about your punishment, Support is for that not the forums.
    IGN: Chowney

    a pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
    an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty

    ~ Winston Churchill

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Crunchyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    New Berk/Hidden World
    Posts
    3,626

    Default

    I agree with this, i suggest they add a subforum which only registered accounts can view and participate in

    Discord: scr0nchi#1435
    Ign: ItzEaglet
    Main: EagsWorld
    Ig: @hey_im_eaglet

    Please ignore the vibes my avatar is giving off

    Pl0x Don8 in EagDonate yes


    Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3as



  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chowney View Post
    Because us normal Users can't do anything about the User who got banned. There's no point of having unnecessary threads of people who got banned. 95% of the times all the punishments you've received are justified.

    If you want to discuss about your punishment, Support is for that not the forums.
    I understand your point and I agree. People still are making unnecessary threads and normal users we're still trying to do something about another person's ban.

    People tell me it's to prevent certain things. I can agree if it's for prevention. If we are being honest we would admit that things that are supposed to be prevented are slipping through the cracks.

    If you really want to prevent ban discussion I have a real solution. A ban in the game should equal a ban in the forums for the same duration.

  10. #10
    Lesser Wizard SpeedyNex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    170

    Default

    The only reason people are posting about unfair bans and suspensions on this Forum is an urge of getting noticed. This simple rule has been going through hundreds of closed threads all these years and players still either DO NOT understand or do not WANT to understand.

    As I've explained in the posts that I quoted above, Ubisoft doesn't want to allow any kind of colloquy about disabled players because it is disturbing the peace. Perpetual reports on the Forums are only decreasing your chances of getting recognized the way you want. If you need help, the most effective way would be to contact support in a nice and respectful way. By yelling out loud you will get nothing but a glare from the moderators.
    Follow me on instagram: @speedynex
    Find me on Twitter!
    Add me on discord: Nex#5964

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyNex View Post
    The only reason people are posting about unfair bans and suspensions on this Forum is an urge of getting noticed. This simple rule has been going through hundreds of closed threads all these years and players still either DO NOT understand or do not WANT to understand.

    As I've explained in the posts that I quoted above, Ubisoft doesn't want to allow any kind of colloquy about disabled players because it is disturbing the peace. Perpetual reports on the Forums are only decreasing your chances of getting recognized the way you want. If you need help, the most effective way would be to contact support in a nice and respectful way. By yelling out loud you will get nothing but a glare from the moderators.
    A ban in the game should also equal a ban/time out in the forums for an equal duration. That will prevent ban discussion a lot more.

    On another note people that are nice and respectful probably are not the ones getting banned.
    Last edited by Shawn Wilson; 08-27-2019 at 12:00 PM.

  12. #12
    Lesser Knight Chowney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    A ban in the game should also equal a ban/time out in the forums for an equal duration. That will prevent ban discussion a lot more.

    On another note people that are nice and respectful probably are not the ones getting banned.
    Forums and In-game are 2 different platforms. a ban in-game doesn't affect your forum account and vice versa, as long as you obey the rules on the platform you haven't gotten banned yet.

    It's practically impossible to track down the user on forums if he/she has gotten banned in-game since they aren't linked with eachother.
    IGN: Chowney

    a pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
    an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty

    ~ Winston Churchill

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •