Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Growtopia isn't for kids

Quote Originally Posted by Anime_ View Post
    I agree with just about everything in this post. I’m scared to be myself in-game because Mods (mainly Odric and sometimes other mods) are sometimes popping up to chat with me. The reason why I’m scared is because when talking to friends my way of speaking is a bit “ghetto”. As a black man playing growtopia who grew up in the “hood” until he was 10-11, I casually say the “n-word” a lot because it’s apart of my mannerisms and the way I talk when i’m most comfortable, which is around friends. I can also speak properly, as I was taught that after moving to a more “stable environment.” Talking proper is something i do to people I don’t know or adults (i’m 17 btw) to show respect. I don’t want to always worry about, “am i going to get banned for being myself?” I have no idea of the standards for this. I even applied to be game guardian, but just because I applied that doesn’t mean when i’m alone with friends I will change the way I speak. It will seem to me like racial profiling for banning because of the way I talk. It’s hard to not be yourself.
    that was something that first concerned me after being banned for 60 days, cause when the ban wouldve expired, i wouldve actually been too scared to even type anything. if they continue to be this strict with speech, including with your friends privately, its just going to be a huge mess

agreed . i dont think kids can make wls in this game anyway except farmers i guess

Quote Originally Posted by ZStepXD View Post
    i don't really agree with anything you said on my last post - i don't think you've been around enough to debunk everything i said.

and the last thread got closed due to me mentioning people getting banned from the legal use of roulette wheels (which i wont get into here either because i dont want this thread to be closed either) so i didnt mention it in this one.
    I have been here longer than you could imagine. I own another account although I use this for general needs as I'd like to maintain a neutral position in the community with my main account, consider this as an ALT.

FYI The post I made was/had to be approved by a staff member so while you don't agree with what I say, you don't agree with the staff member who approved my message says.

Most of what I said were actually debunked by staff members, not me.
    IGN: Chowney

a pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
    an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty

~ Winston Churchill

that was something that first concerned me after being banned for 60 days, cause when the ban wouldve expired, i wouldve actually been too scared to even type anything. if they continue to be this strict with speech, including with your friends privately, its just going to be a huge mess
    i agree, plus the rules are very inconsistent, my friend, who i will not disclose the name of, said that swearing around your friends was perfectly fine, or at least thats what he was told by certain mods; and thats how it was before Ubisoft, yet many people get banned for swearing in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeUser View Post
    agreed . i dont think kids can make wls in this game anyway except farmers i guess
    its not just making wls, its also about the social aspect. Some players are naturally going to swear and be toxic, just like in real life, and the social aspect is pretty much unavoidable unless all you do is farm in a jammed and locked world and buy necessities directly from the gem store and splice them on your own, and that doesnt sound very growtopia to me. The game revolves around the social aspect.
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

Quote Originally Posted by FyreX View Post
    yet many people get banned for swearing in any way.
    Any proof?

12 year olds know enough...
    incorrect,
    they don't know the amount of stress tax evasion puts on someone, unless they know that, they don't know enough
    ign: slinkyman
    started playing in July, 2019.
    Growtokens 37/200
    Goal: Growtoken Doggy
    Guild: SOUL (GL)
    YouTube Channel
    World: SLINKYSTUDIOS
    Level: 23

Game is not for kids.
    I would not allow my child using any gadget until they are teen.

#safekids
    IGN : Kihiro
    Cheap Bountiful item block/seed/root at BountifulShop \(^_^)/

Goal :
    -Have fun in game : 6/10

Master Sorcerer

It also isn't for kids because of the diversity of recipes and mechanics in-game which are too complex. Descriptions of items are pretty complex too. Who discovered all the recipes of new updates anyway? Certainly not some random kid: they must be teens or young adults.

I guess what I'm saying is that they consider the non-kid audience too.
    Interesting threads I've made:

STARSITE: Startopia Upgrades, Blasts and Role Items

BUYSURGROLE: Surgery Role Items
    BFGSITE: Free Daily BFG

Didn't you account trade?
    Current Status
    - Single parent of two
    - Dating
    - 67 years old
    - Professional Growtopia E-Sports player

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    incorrect,
    they don't know the amount of stress tax evasion puts on someone, unless they know that, they don't know enough
    I'm an adult that doesn't know the stress of tax evasion. Lol.

i don't really agree with anything you said on my last post - i don't think you've been around enough to debunk everything i said.

and the last thread got closed due to me mentioning people getting banned from the legal use of roulette wheels (which i wont get into here either because i dont want this thread to be closed either) so i didnt mention it in this one.
    Actually coming back to this I don't agree with any of this either, these are pure false statements at this point.

1. They only removed 420 due to it being against the terms of Growtopia. They actually were discussing if they should let the user keep it, although the user got banned for making false claims and spamming on forums while repeatedly told to stop.

2. Why would they remove these items? This is pure overreactment.

3. No they aren't strict on rules, people don't follow them when they should. Like you, clearly you should've known better but yet you still decided to do what you did and you got banned for it, don't blame the devs for it. If you bring this sort of a topic up then be at least the person to follow them, right now you're if not the last person to bring a topic like this up.

4. They aren't strict on rules, If not people have gotten MANY MANY warnings beforehand untill they have gotten banned. See there's a difference on what you see what the person has done and what the staff member can see what the person has done.

5. Untill that hasn't happened everything is chill.

6. Scams are everywhere not only just in Growtopia, It's literally impossible to stop every scam, unless you remove most core features of the game such as Trading and dropping. People get scammed because of there gullibility, the scammer only can scam if there are 2 parties involved the scammer and the scammed.
    IGN: Chowney

a pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
    an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty

~ Winston Churchill

this game is batshyt crazy manipulative, teaching kids how to be a cunning assh0le, making every kid in the game a young 13yr old snarky entrepreneur, how to gamble 5-Jamew7 style etc.

so no, growtopia ain't for kids, the game looks like an angel, but in reality it f**ks you up like a devil, so bad you have trust issues and sleep with 1 eye open, you don't even blink when you sneeze, praying you don't get hacked or get skemmed by one of your friends.

make you so addicted to the game you pass on cocaine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    Didn't you account trade?
    also STONKS 100

I can see the fakes, so when I look in your direction
    Understand I'm seein' right through

-IGN: Dvours

Lesser Wizard

Default GT should be enjoyed by all ages young & old

There are many aspects to the game that can be enjoyed by people with different interests that enjoy different aspects of the game.

The issue with scamming and gambling should continue to be tackled given the trading aspect of GT.

The devs should however, continue to work on better and more efficient ways to detect & prevent scams from happening.

There has already been some traction going with ubisoft coming into the picture. The increase in number of moderators also do help although there should be greater training and common understanding on what matters can a moderator ban/duct tape etc.

Yes it is painful to be scammed, regardless of age. A child, teenager, or adult getting scammed will never feel good and will have many negative emotions and reactions. Hence, its not a question of whether the game should be for an older audience, but rather, better mechanisms to reduce and eventually eliminate scams and hacks.
    Fireball116
    Owner of:
    BLACKSMITH: public anvil/forge/altar and all smithing recipes
    WIKIEVENTZ: guide/recipe to all GT events
    BUYPOTIONS/BUYLOBSTERQUEST
    Guild leader BLACKSMITH, ranked top 20 in Spring Clash

Banned

It should be atlest 14+
    Weird... They just decreased it to 7+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fireball116 View Post
    There are many aspects to the game that can be enjoyed by people with different interests that enjoy different aspects of the game.

The issue with scamming and gambling should continue to be tackled given the trading aspect of GT.

The devs should however, continue to work on better and more efficient ways to detect & prevent scams from happening.

There has already been some traction going with ubisoft coming into the picture. The increase in number of moderators also do help although there should be greater training and common understanding on what matters can a moderator ban/duct tape etc.

Yes it is painful to be scammed, regardless of age. A child, teenager, or adult getting scammed will never feel good and will have many negative emotions and reactions. Hence, its not a question of whether the game should be for an older audience, but rather, better mechanisms to reduce and eventually eliminate scams and hacks.

How about the toxic people, sexual people.....

Lesser Wizard

How about the toxic people, sexual people.....[/QUOTE]

Everywhere there is toxic people. Every game also have toxic people. Hence, we need to learn that such people exist and how to avoid or deal with them. There are also many good people in game. So stick to the good ones. And of course, the mods should set the good example and raise the level of goodness in the community.
    Fireball116
    Owner of:

Banned

Everywhere there is toxic people. Every game also have toxic people. Hence, we need to learn that such people exist and how to avoid or deal with them. There are also many good people in game. So stick to the good ones. And of course, the mods should set the good example and raise the level of goodness in the community.[/QUOTE]

Because of this game, I becomed toxic.

30% Good ppl
    70% Bad ppl

I dunno.

Lesser Wizard

Because of this game, I becomed toxic.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of sad. You should maybe not play the game, or learn to deal with such people. Turning toxic is not the solution. Get some advice from your family or close friends in real life.
    Fireball116
    Owner of:

Banned

Because of this game, I becomed toxic.
    That's kind of sad. You should maybe not play the game, or learn to deal with such people. Turning toxic is not the solution. Get some advice from your family or close friends in real life.[/QUOTE]

Good news, I'm addictive and cannot leave

Quote Originally Posted by 1NB4 View Post
    It should be atlest 14+
    Weird... They just decreased it to 7+

- - - Updated - - -

My son is 9yo and yes he knows many sexual words and what they mean. So kids now days know all already and what kid doesn't know, he/she asks from parents or google. In my case, my son asks all from me and he learn more bad stuff from his friends and tube than from gt. We can't protect our kids anymore from all stuff, cause if they have no internet on phone, then their some friends have and those friends show all kind of stuff from them. So those who still say "i'm not gonna allow my kids do this and that" you can just forget it. We, (parents) have no power for others peoples kids, so even if we try protect kids, there is always someone who just doesn't care or who thinks "no, my kids wouldn't watch that or do that" and their kids can then do what ever and show what ever to my kids.

So all this talk about "how gt is not good place for kids" is useless. Kids can do much stuff after school with their phones and parents know nothing about that. Luckily i at least now, have still great connection with my kids. So i actually know what my son does in net and in games. But how long this lasts... Can't ever know. My son also tell me, what his friends does and what rules they have at home and what i have seen, those who has most rules about games, play after school most and they just remove game before they go home. So what ever age limits we would have in gt, those kids will still come there and there is nothing what anyone can do. All parents just can't take internet connections away from school age kids.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    My son is 9yo and yes he knows many sexual words and what they mean. So kids now days know all already and what kid doesn't know, he/she asks from parents or google. In my case, my son asks all from me and he learn more bad stuff from his friends and tube than from gt. We can't protect our kids anymore from all stuff, cause if they have no internet on phone, then their some friends have and those friends show all kind of stuff from them. So those who still say "i'm not gonna allow my kids do this and that" you can just forget it. We, (parents) have no power for others peoples kids, so even if we try protect kids, there is always someone who just doesn't care or who thinks "no, my kids wouldn't watch that or do that" and their kids can then do what ever and show what ever to my kids.

So all this talk about "how gt is not good place for kids" is useless. Kids can do much stuff after school with their phones and parents know nothing about that. Luckily i at least now, have still great connection with my kids. So i actually know what my son does in net and in games. But how long this lasts... Can't ever know. My son also tell me, what his friends does and what rules they have at home and what i have seen, those who has most rules about games, play after school most and they just remove game before they go home. So what ever age limits we would have in gt, those kids will still come there and there is nothing what anyone can do. All parents just can't take internet connections away from school age kids.
    Gadgets, friends & Science is where people knows what's the meaning of s-
    I felt bad, damnit he/she is just TOO YOUNG to know this.