Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 83

Thread: Growtopia isn't for kids

  1. #13
    Master Sorcerer Rimuoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Arrivederci
    Posts
    2,877

    Default

    some people aged 12+ also don't understand how to play growtopia

  2. #14
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    You can't guarantee anything with an online environment. I'm a step dad, and I've told my wife and kids that a part of me almost wouldn't allow the kids to play Growtopia. It isn't because I think the game isn't appropriate. It's because the online environment and other players could possibly be inappropriate.

    The youngest made the mistake of allowing access to somebody and getting some items stolen. Lucky for him step dad could easily replace the stolen items. I also actually had to do some "parenting" because of the situation. My wife was mad at the scammer but I wasn't. I was mad at myself for not taking the time to advise my step son on the online world.

    I also had my wife make an adjustment to his account so he can no longer see any text from other players.

    I know as a parent you have to monitor and advise your kids in an online environment to keep them safe. I also appreciate that Ubisoft makes an effort to monitor the game. I also understand that they cannot be every place at every time. Ubisoft can police the game but as parents we must police our own children.

    Most every game no matter the age range that it targets that has an online environment be will have rules and most of the time the rules are very similar to Growtopia. I might be naive but I'd be interested to see terms of service or rules from other games you think you have more freedom.

    Lastly I think Growtopia can be for everyone. Most of the player base is what I would consider kids. I honestly feel it's a lot like real life. What you talk about in private doesn't concern me, but when your in public spaces you should have respect for everyone regardless of thier age.

  3. #15
    Master Sorcerer ZStepXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Thinking about you.
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    What you talk about in private doesn't concern me, but when your in public spaces you should have respect for everyone regardless of thier age.
    That's the problem. They don't seem to care whether or not you're talking to your friends privately in a world with just your friends or in a public world. They still punish you, and in my case, a 60 day ban.

  4. #16
    Master Sorcerer m456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Y u do dis
    Posts
    3,982

    Default

    Age ratings mean nothing, there are plenty of 9-year-olds who play GTA and CoD. What I'm worried about is that Ubisoft is trying to grow the playerbase by gearing the game toward younger players.

    Signature v9.2


    Art by Intensifies (thank you!)
    https://i.postimg.cc/NjzM0nBP/20200311-223919.png
    Previous sigpic by Parpul
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfsuprafang View Post
    Is m456 a dog? Regardless, he still is a very intellectual being, that one might compare him to the likes of Jesus.

  5. #17
    Lesser Knight Chowney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Note: If you notice your posts or threads were removed by the moderators, it's for a reason, so you should not re-post it. Be careful - if this happens a couple of times, we will remove the account and all posts from the forums without any warning.
    If your thread gets closed down then refrain from making more threads with the same topic/discussion.

    I'm not gonna rejoin this conversation, if you like to know in depth of everything then please read my comment under your thread.

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post4093209
    IGN: Chowney

    a pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
    an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty

    ~ Winston Churchill

  6. #18
    Master Sorcerer Kyeosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Paulinaria
    Posts
    2,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m456 View Post
    Age ratings mean nothing, there are plenty of 9-year-olds who play GTA and CoD. What I'm worried about is that Ubisoft is trying to grow the playerbase by gearing the game toward younger players.
    Yes, which is the wrong way to go. Growtopia is a MMORPG.

    MMORPG- massively multiplayer online role-playing game

    We can’t delete swords, guns, or dragons unless we’re headed to a child safe environment game. And let’s face it, there is nothing wrong with these items. It is only wrong when we use and interpret these items wrongly, it is the people. Roulette wheels were designed for the purpose of a real life Las Vegas setting. Dragons and swords for medieval role players. See?

    We can’t prevent how these items are used, and preventing the creation of items such as these won’t help either. The problem doesn’t originate from the items, but the community. That’s why there are moderators to maintain the community. They prevent such devilish acts from happening. If we were to prevent the creation of such items, we are limiting the game’s potential.

    People are trying to be “smart” by exaggerating the item’s true purpose, saying that it is harmful. This is a role-play game, and mind you all, @Seth and @Hamumu made these items. These items are to make your game experience more role-play-e. Just why? To show a point to Ubisoft?

    Also, I was 5 years old when I started using toy guns, and I didn’t see anything wrong with that. I was having fun.
    Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

  7. #19
    Master Sorcerer ZStepXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Thinking about you.
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chowney View Post
    If your thread gets closed down then refrain from making more threads with the same topic/discussion.

    I'm not gonna rejoin this conversation, if you like to know in depth of everything then please read my comment under your thread.

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post4093209
    i don't really agree with anything you said on my last post - i don't think you've been around enough to debunk everything i said.

    and the last thread got closed due to me mentioning people getting banned from the legal use of roulette wheels (which i wont get into here either because i dont want this thread to be closed either) so i didnt mention it in this one.

  8. #20
    Lesser Wizard Anime_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Nether Realm
    Posts
    230

    Default

    I agree with just about everything in this post. I’m scared to be myself in-game because Mods (mainly Odric and sometimes other mods) are sometimes popping up to chat with me. The reason why I’m scared is because when talking to friends my way of speaking is a bit “ghetto”. As a black man playing growtopia who grew up in the “hood” until he was 10-11, I casually say the “n-word” a lot because it’s apart of my mannerisms and the way I talk when i’m most comfortable, which is around friends. I can also speak properly, as I was taught that after moving to a more “stable environment.” Talking proper is something i do to people I don’t know or adults (i’m 17 btw) to show respect. I don’t want to always worry about, “am i going to get banned for being myself?” I have no idea of the standards for this. I even applied to be game guardian, but just because I applied that doesn’t mean when i’m alone with friends I will change the way I speak. It will seem to me like racial profiling for banning because of the way I talk. It’s hard to not be yourself.
    GrowID - Anime
    LEVEL - 95
    Main World - KURO
    Trusted Middleman in 'BUYUSERNAME'
    -----------------------------------------------
    Goals
    • Level 125 - 95/125
    • 200 Diamond Locks - 400+/200 [Completed]
    • Legendary Item - 0/1

  9. #21
    Master Sorcerer ZStepXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Thinking about you.
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anime_ View Post
    I agree with just about everything in this post. I’m scared to be myself in-game because Mods (mainly Odric and sometimes other mods) are sometimes popping up to chat with me. The reason why I’m scared is because when talking to friends my way of speaking is a bit “ghetto”. As a black man playing growtopia who grew up in the “hood” until he was 10-11, I casually say the “n-word” a lot because it’s apart of my mannerisms and the way I talk when i’m most comfortable, which is around friends. I can also speak properly, as I was taught that after moving to a more “stable environment.” Talking proper is something i do to people I don’t know or adults (i’m 17 btw) to show respect. I don’t want to always worry about, “am i going to get banned for being myself?” I have no idea of the standards for this. I even applied to be game guardian, but just because I applied that doesn’t mean when i’m alone with friends I will change the way I speak. It will seem to me like racial profiling for banning because of the way I talk. It’s hard to not be yourself.
    that was something that first concerned me after being banned for 60 days, cause when the ban wouldve expired, i wouldve actually been too scared to even type anything. if they continue to be this strict with speech, including with your friends privately, its just going to be a huge mess

  10. #22
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    40

    Default

    agreed . i dont think kids can make wls in this game anyway except farmers i guess

  11. #23
    Lesser Knight Chowney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZStepXD View Post
    i don't really agree with anything you said on my last post - i don't think you've been around enough to debunk everything i said.

    and the last thread got closed due to me mentioning people getting banned from the legal use of roulette wheels (which i wont get into here either because i dont want this thread to be closed either) so i didnt mention it in this one.
    I have been here longer than you could imagine. I own another account although I use this for general needs as I'd like to maintain a neutral position in the community with my main account, consider this as an ALT.

    FYI The post I made was/had to be approved by a staff member so while you don't agree with what I say, you don't agree with the staff member who approved my message says.

    Most of what I said were actually debunked by staff members, not me.
    IGN: Chowney

    a pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
    an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty

    ~ Winston Churchill

  12. #24
    Master Sorcerer FyreX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    5,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZStepXD View Post
    that was something that first concerned me after being banned for 60 days, cause when the ban wouldve expired, i wouldve actually been too scared to even type anything. if they continue to be this strict with speech, including with your friends privately, its just going to be a huge mess
    i agree, plus the rules are very inconsistent, my friend, who i will not disclose the name of, said that swearing around your friends was perfectly fine, or at least thats what he was told by certain mods; and thats how it was before Ubisoft, yet many people get banned for swearing in any way.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeUser View Post
    agreed . i dont think kids can make wls in this game anyway except farmers i guess
    its not just making wls, its also about the social aspect. Some players are naturally going to swear and be toxic, just like in real life, and the social aspect is pretty much unavoidable unless all you do is farm in a jammed and locked world and buy necessities directly from the gem store and splice them on your own, and that doesnt sound very growtopia to me. The game revolves around the social aspect.
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |



    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •