View Poll Results: Is this year's PAW was a Trash?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, it is.

53 59.55%
  • No. I'm thinking that it's good

36 40.45%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This year's PAW was absolutely a "Trash"

Quote Originally Posted by Processor View Post
    Yeah, World Lock's new feature was good BUT, why they needed to add a Player Level Limit? Couldn't they think that this could be a useful feature for auto-farmers? In my opinion, this new feature could increase amount of auto-farmers. Auto-Farmers now can upgrade their worlds' privacy with this new feature by setting world level to 124.
    might as well remove signal jammers if that's an issue lol
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

I guess the mega suggestion thread was useless
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant

This year ones isn't trash.

It's just not up to expectations.

Considering that past PAW had:
    Wolf world, Hair Dye, Anti Grav, Steam pack, mod items, subscribtions, lens, dream catcher staff.

This year we had:
    Safe Vault, and everything else is just mainly for comestics.
    [ IGN ]: PandoRika
    [ Instagram ]: @pando_rika

About me:

I'm a man of culture, true master of gender equality, keyboard warrior, a Chad of growtopia.

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    I guess the mega suggestion thread was useless
    Just kidding most features from the thread got added
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant

I mean, we still have helpful features & cool items, and Ubisoft won't add ex-moderators' items every year, because that would go out of control & those items wouldn't be special & rare anymore, though.
    "Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right; it makes you free."
    - Stormie Omartian

Default clicling hard repeatdly the yeah it is button*

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa more click aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Ubisoft: *adds mod items*
    Forums: how dare you

Ubisoft: *doesn't add mod items*
    Forums: how dare you

Ubisoft: ಠ_ಠ
    Growtopia Still won’t run with the latest Nvidia Drivers on the rtx2080

Also side note, Can growtopia optimize multiple cpu threads yet? If it can’t, that’s literally the root of every lag problem the game has....
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG

They added like 30 of the top suggested items this paw idk how you can be disappointed.

People are incompetent, they think that because the one feature they wanted wasn’t added the entire update was **** and all of the items added are garbage. This PAW was actually pretty good.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

It definitely felt underwhelming compared to the other PAW's, but it wasn't by any means "trash". The game needed more hairstyles for female players and more balancing, which is what this PAW offered. Plus the introduction of guardians, which a LOT of people (from what it seems) demanded.

Just because it doesn't meet your own criteria of specific items or features, doesn't mean that it's bad. thoughwhydidyouadddance2ubisoftpls(jokingbtw)

Who knows, maybe you'll find something that you'll like in the coming monthly updates. Overall, though, I think this PAW was decent.
    IGN: TheJackerino (Used to be known as MagicalJack)
    Previous name on the forums: Jackjeff01

Quote Originally Posted by TheJackerino View Post
    It definitely felt underwhelming compared to the other PAW's, but it wasn't by any means "trash". The game needed more hairstyles for female players and more balancing, which is what this PAW offered. Plus the introduction of guardians, which a LOT of people (from what it seems) demanded.

Just because it doesn't meet your own criteria of specific items or features, doesn't mean that it's bad. thoughwhydidyouadddance2ubisoftpls(jokingbtw)

Who knows, maybe you'll find something that you'll like in the coming monthly updates. Overall, though, I think this PAW was decent.
    I think it felt underwhelming because people have some preconception that PAW is going to be a fix-all and add-all of everything they want mended or added. People seem to view previous PAWs through rose-tinted glasses and for some reason have big expectations for PAW. That's what leads to people being upset at it every year.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Day 1 was ok...
    Day 2 ~ 4 NVM
    Day 5 I loved discounts only...
    Day 6 ....
    Day 7 I never saw mods...

Its like every year when paw comes some players say it sucked and after a year later when paw comes again they would say the paw from last year was so much better than this one. Which basically loops every year trust me it happens a lot even outside the game people appreciate things when looked back upon they will only see the good things that happened and forget the bad ones.

So end of story take out the things you liked and move on, sooner or later the thing you want will get added if it was good and useful
    Last edited by PhantomEyeGT; 08-28-2019 at 02:52 PM.
    Comparison Is A Thief Of Joy

~ IGN: PhantomEye
    ~ Birthday : 31st of August
    ~ Level : 96
    Paw 2018 shh...

Seriously?

I sometimes use the forums to get away from the easily-influenced ingame children who will listen and agree with everything they say, and every unproven opinions and what not
    And that's all we get now here? One issue in the game not being fixed is all it takes to make a whole bunch unhappy, PAW isn't about fixing it all issues, it's about adding what people suggested and making the game more enjoyable to play. They can't just dedicate each single day into fixing issues, or you truly have no idea what Player Appreciation Week is about. Granted some of the issues people bring out are sometimes annoying, but not only can people get over it (like seriously, it's not like chicken plow stops you from farming), but it's primarily a content update.

Personally this PAW has been better than all other years - they prepared much earlier than last years and overall had a lot of things people asked for. Again, many features deemed hard to implement such as backpack space is due of poor game design from seth and hamumu. From a developer perspective surely it isn't a small task.. They balanced this paw well between quantity and time consumed implementing, across various mechanics such as balancing, player safety, QoL, and enjoyment

Think about it yourself when you'll be using one of those items or additions that were implemented this PAW. You'll be glad that they are here and change your mind. I'm certain it can hurt sometimes on a game designer's side that you can't ever please everyone during PAW because they have their (often impossible) expectations. Every year it's been the same but nonetheless they still dedicate time to help us out during this event.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    I think it felt underwhelming because people have some preconception that PAW is going to be a fix-all and add-all of everything they want mended or added. People seem to view previous PAWs through rose-tinted glasses and for some reason have big expectations for PAW. That's what leads to people being upset at it every year.
    Yep. I went see in wiki what other paw had new and this paw was actually very great. Can't understand this complaining. It looks like that all wait now only token items, mean old mod items and if no those, paw is bad. But same time, ppl raged last year, cause mod items should be special. So what ever devs does, they make it wrong, if we ask from players their opinion.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

PAW 2019 was actually good. But it was good in only cosmetic items. They added only one thing called Safe Vault as an useful item. Am I wrong? I had so many dreams about this PAW. Because last year was really good.
    ~ єνєяувσ∂у ωαитѕ тσ gσ нєανєи. вυт иσвσ∂у ωαитѕ тσ ∂ιє... ~

#BRINGBACKLBRANCH

Goals:
    - Get a Magplant (0/1)
    - Level up to 125 (63/125)
    - Get Rayman's Fist (0/1)
    - Find a Rainbow Egg (0/1)
    - Drop a GHC in GBCs (Done!)

PAW 2019 was actually good. But it was good in only cosmetic items. They added only one thing called Safe Vault as an useful item. Am I wrong? I had so many dreams about this PAW. Because last year was really good.
    You're an example of what I was saying. People remember previous PAWs better than what they actually were. Last year's PAW was nowhere near as good as this one, we actually got several balancing changes that have been requested for a long time. Does it benefit me that Tomb Robber is now perma? Not really, no. But that doesn't matter, it benefits world builders. Every player wants something different - PAW is for everyone - not just what you want.

Your dreams are what you expected PAW to have, and if you go into PAW expecting what you want to be the main features you will severely be let down. There's something in PAW for everyone, there were HEAPS of clothes, Safety Vault isn't really useful since we have Storage Xtreme that don't need passwords, your account should have AAP if you care enough to use Safety Vaults over the obviously superior Storage Xtreme Level 3 Boxes. But you know even though I don't see a practical use for the Safety Vault, someone else does and I'm not dismayed in the slightest that it took the place of another feature I might have preferred this PAW.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

I liked the Raccoon leash and the world lock updates. That's about it. Oh yeah, TK69's board was cool.
    I make low-quality content.

Most Recent video:

IGN: SeaAce

Lesser Wizard

I think it was the best PAW this year and it had a lot of good QoL updates like the megaphone mod thing
    When you're so trash at the game and a moderator calls you out for it.

Apple Strudel 1/wl at ARROZSHOP - 5% faster tree growth rate.

Selling Arroz con Pollo along with its ingredients at SELLARROZ.

Yeah, World Lock's new feature was good BUT, why they needed to add a Player Level Limit? Couldn't they think that this could be a useful feature for auto-farmers? In my opinion, this new feature could increase amount of auto-farmers. Auto-Farmers now can upgrade their worlds' privacy with this new feature by setting world level to 124.
    Imagine signal jammers existing
    pfp drawn by memo4ever

IGN: rrix

[❌]Level: 64/125
    [❌]Dls: 40/100
    [❌]Gems: 712k/1m
    [✔️]Dirt: 1/1

I am the memelord

End goal: Try out every part of gt

Quote Originally Posted by rrix View Post
    Imagine signal jammers existing
    there was absolutely no need to bring this hot mess back to life