Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giant Eye Head & Beast of A Thousand Eyes

Master Sorcerer

Default Giant Eye Head & Beast of A Thousand Eyes

Are they returning? They look dope af. It may be controversial to some players, but I think a huge portion of the playerbase loves these anyway (just an assumption). Oh and while we're at it, it seems like Ubisoft likes to handle out polls/surveys, but I haven't received any? To whom do they send these "surveys"?
    Interesting threads I've made:

STARSITE: Startopia Upgrades, Blasts and Role Items

BUYSURGROLE: Surgery Role Items
    BFGSITE: Free Daily BFG

Quote Originally Posted by Another Growtopian View Post
    Oh and while we're at it, it seems like Ubisoft likes to handle out polls/surveys, but I haven't received any? To whom do they send these "surveys"?
    First time I'm hearing about polls/surveys.

ok y'all the pics back

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    First time I'm hearing about polls/surveys.
    Oh wait, sorry, I meant "feedbacks". That is the word they used. Have you heard of any feedback-gathering mechanism from them?

Oh wait, sorry, I meant "feedbacks". That is the word they used. Have you heard of any feedback-gathering mechanism from them?
    Ah yes, they "gather" feedback. They make feedback threads and sticky them in Update Discussions, but they never actually look at any of it so it's sort of a one-way thing.

ok y'all the pics back

Master Sorcerer

Ah yes, they "gather" feedback. They make feedback threads and sticky them in Update Discussions, but they never actually look at any of it so it's sort of a one-way thing.
    That won't represent the whole community though. Why don't they give like polls in-game instead?

Also, how do you know that they don't look at the feedbacks?

That won't represent the whole community though. Why don't they give like polls in-game instead?

Also, how do you know that they don't look at the feedbacks?
    You can tell they don't look at it by the fact that nothing ever changes. They compiled a lot of common suggestions into a thread in 2018, but I don't think a single one of them actually made it into the game (I could be wrong on this).

As for why they don't do polls, it's probably too much effort for something they'll likely not look at.

ok y'all the pics back

They did.

The poll was slipped in like.... 1 month after the first event Gross Out was public. It was in the news/thing that pops up everytime you logged on. You probably either didn't noticed it or SOMEHOW(i feel like it didnt happen,but just in case) it was sent to only several people.

It was a survery asking on your opinions of gross out and stuff like how you would feel about getting a riding cupcake I think.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Are they returning? They look dope af. It may be controversial to some players, but I think a huge portion of the playerbase loves these anyway (just an assumption). Oh and while we're at it, it seems like Ubisoft likes to handle out polls/surveys, but I haven't received any? To whom do they send these "surveys"?
    I believe the eye/thousand are returning at the next Mutant Kitchen event, since the Grossout update was revamped...

As for surveys, they have been announced on the Gazette, as well as on here. Those were temporary, so they aren't up right now. For future reference, check the news/announcements for survey info.

You can tell they don't look at it by the fact that nothing ever changes. They compiled a lot of common suggestions into a thread in 2018, but I don't think a single one of them actually made it into the game (I could be wrong on this).

As for why they don't do polls, it's probably too much effort for something they'll likely not look at.
    We absolutely take feedback seriously, and while development is involved and even seemingly "small" features can take a great deal of effort, in this case it's not hard to point to multiple items on the very list you linked that we've implemented.

We also do polls - they show up in the Gazette when we hold them, and they show up for everyone. Even if we could limit them to a subset of the playerbase, we wouldn't want to, as more data helps to make decisions clearer. As for their impact, we don't hold polls just because we feel like it; the implementation of Mutant Kitchen was a direct result of a recent poll.

We care about this game and its community, both of which we're constantly trying to enhance on a monthly basis. We can point to things like our game guardians and support initiatives to our monthly updates as evidence of this. Are there more things that could be done? Absolutely. Have all - or even most - of the community's suggestions been used? No. Do either of those points completely erase our continuing efforts? I'd argue strongly they don't, but if you still disagree, that's okay, too - we still want to know, because any and all feedback really does help make this a better game.

Here's to Growtopia - there's nothing else like it!

Banned

Woah, hold on there... you're saying we don't look at feedback threads, I think you need to pay attention to the link you shared and see the things that have been implemented

Feature for
    Xtreme boxes/untrade-a-boxes
    Add a password feature to boxes.
    Whenever putting/taking an item it will ask for a password.
    To protect players from hackers. - ADDED Safe Vault
    Game Guardians New moderator rank, aimed to assist moderators in moderating the game. Source link here.
    Option to SKIP ROLE QUEST Some role quests are not very practical, it's frustrating to get stuck.
    Make new dances The current dance could be /dance1, and you guys could make /dance2, /dance3, etc.
    Home World/Warping to Favourite Worlds Self-explanatory. Either make a home world "/home" and a "/hwarp" or allow "/f1-10warp", e.g. "/f5warp"
    School Uniform Set School Uniform for male and female.
    Source link here.
    Shining blocks should be glowing in dark cave! These produce little light and it gives more mysterious
    feeling of being inside a cave with some shining goodies.
    Making the gemstone blocks or other shiny blocks glow in the dark caves.
    Egg Benedict Home pack makes them too cheap.
    But the cooking recipe is too hard as well.
    Nerf and Buff. Make it 30 Magic Bacon Wallpaper instead of 50 to make a bacon
    Source link here.
    Nerf Birthcertificate Birth Certificate, once a month is too short and scammers use it way too often to change identity.
    Valkyrie Items Valkyrie hat, vest, etc. Source Link: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...light=valkyrie
    Marshmallows Make it cheaper/more obtained from recipe Source Link:
    More hair for girls Female hair of different lengths and style that can be painted with hair dye

Special event:
    *Ubistaff rage*
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting scars to prove we show for it." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    Special event:
    *Ubistaff rage*
    Now the forums get events, too!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    Special event:
    *Ubistaff rage*
    Hahahahaha!

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    We absolutely take feedback seriously, and while development is involved and even seemingly "small" features can take a great deal of effort, in this case it's not hard to point to multiple items on the very list you linked that we've implemented.

We also do polls - they show up in the Gazette when we hold them, and they show up for everyone. Even if we could limit them to a subset of the playerbase, we wouldn't want to, as more data helps to make decisions clearer. As for their impact, we don't hold polls just because we feel like it; the implementation of Mutant Kitchen was a direct result of a recent poll.

We care about this game and its community, both of which we're constantly trying to enhance on a monthly basis. We can point to things like our game guardians and support initiatives to our monthly updates as evidence of this. Are there more things that could be done? Absolutely. Have all - or even most - of the community's suggestions been used? No. Do either of those points completely erase our continuing efforts? I'd argue strongly they don't, but if you still disagree, that's okay, too - we still want to know, because any and all feedback really does help make this a better game.

Here's to Growtopia - there's nothing else like it!
    Wow, thank you for responding to false information. Granted, I was not there when Gross Out existed so I did not know about this particular poll. As for my original main question, have you and your team given thoughts about returning these items or is the information classified?

Wow, thank you for responding to false information. Granted, I was not there when Gross Out existed so I did not know about this particular poll. As for my original main question, have you and your team given thoughts about returning these items or is the information classified?
    We have - we're still discussing it, though, so no decisions to share yet!

I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t come back, they were gone for a reason, because people found them too disgusting, especially when you look at the new mutant kitchen items in comparison.

I wouldn’t be asking for gross out items back, even if I’m a avid collector of them. Instead, what I’m wondering is what ever happened to the lucky rabbits foot? It’s such a old item that just vanished forever.
    hello

Grossout event items are underrated, eyes on stalks are a masterpiece.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightmxre View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t come back, they were gone for a reason, because people found them too disgusting, especially when you look at the new mutant kitchen items in comparison.

I wouldn’t be asking for gross out items back, even if I’m a avid collector of them. Instead, what I’m wondering is what ever happened to the lucky rabbits foot? It’s such a old item that just vanished forever.
    Why would you want that item? It's not aesthetically pleasing. You can also get Lucky through Clover?

Not all of the items were that disgusting, IMO.

And iirc Lucky Rabbit's foot was removed as it was introduced alongside the Vegas Pack which costed quite expensive that time. The foot had effects of a clover which made i Super OP back then , and then was removed and replaced with the Pink car. (Correct me if im wrong)
    I LOVE GROWTOPIA

That item was removed for balancing purposes.

I personally am a huge fan of the Giant Eye Head, really hope it gets brought back. Here’s a cool gif I once made of it: https://imgur.com/a/77FWiEU

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JamSandwich View Post
    Woah, hold on there... you're saying we don't look at feedback threads, I think you need to pay attention to the link you shared and see the things that have been implemented
    Oops, my bad. I haven't been very active in the game in the past few months, so all of these pretty much went over my head. Thanks for clearing that up, and sorry about the misinformation.

ok y'all the pics back