Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Question] Should we be afraid to be ourselves?

My guy, it's really not that hard to speak more formally. It's not like a Chinese person growing up in a Chinese household is suddenly gonna start speaking Chinese with his friends.
    [Tryhards] - Guild Level 6

Click for bad videos...

IGN: IHasName

lol you are the literal embodiment of anime
    My heart belongs to Mistie 💘

Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar and sigpic by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by IHasName View Post
    My guy, it's really not that hard to speak more formally. It's not like a Chinese person growing up in a Chinese household is suddenly gonna start speaking Chinese with his friends.
    Who wants to play a game where you have to alter your personality just so you don't lose all your progress that has taken you months or years to get...

Quote Originally Posted by ZStepXD View Post
    Who wants to play a game where you have to alter your personality just so you don't lose all your progress that has taken you months or years to get...
    There are rules that should be respected. You don’t have to necessarily alter your personality just to follow them.

In my opinion, there is no reason to be afraid being ourselves. Though, we also have to acknowledge the rules. You can be whatever you want, Growtopia is indeed a role playing game. But, always be thoughtful on the things you do. A little care wouldn’t hurt.

It is good not to do anything that causes your brother to stumble.
    Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    There are rules that should be respected. You don’t have to necessarily alter your personality just to follow them.

In my opinion, there is no reason to be afraid being ourselves. Though, we also have to acknowledge the rules. You can be whatever you want, Growtopia is indeed a role playing game. But, always be thoughtful on the things you do. A little care wouldn’t hurt.

Some people have a certain way of talking and/or get comfortable around their friends and may start talking inappropriately, because it's the big funny.

Due to mods seemingly being more strict with rules like that, players are unable to even talk privately with their friends in worlds without having to worry about a mod (or two) spying on them.

I think the rules should be respected, but they should consider a rule being broken as when someone or something gets harmed in the process of breaking the rule.

Like in my case, nobody was harmed in the situation (by harmed I mean felt disrespected or harassed), so why punish me for it?
    Thinking about you.

Tbh this is exactly the same as if someone has other swear words in their usual vocabulary. It doesn't change the fact that Growtopia has a lot of children who play it and that these words influence them badly. It's why Growtopia has a language filter. I totally understand why you're uncomfortable, but the mods have a reason for what they do. I don't think that this stops people from behaving like themselves, it's just toning down on the profanity in order to reduce the impact it has on the children.
    IGN: Dwantano
    Discord: onigirii #8699

I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask people to self regulate their speech when it comes to a job. Whether the reason is valid or not you're going to have to sacrifice some personal ambitions if you want to serve something important, like being a game guardian.
    "Flowers grow back, even after they are stepped on."

You just wrote a pretty non ghetto style thread. ( Basically meaning you just did what you said you couldn't do )
    I aced the LSAT

Many things make up a person's personality but if someone's personality is really bad enough to get himself/herself banned, then the person might want to reconsider how they act.
    [Tryhards] - Guild Level 6

Click for bad videos...

IGN: IHasName

Quote Originally Posted by Devours View Post
    you should say this to a certain forumer

god i feel like throwing shade @ him rn...
    No drama plez .

Quote Originally Posted by Zynek3 View Post
    Looks like being yourself in any way gets you the ban hammer, might as well give up trying if it's an issue.
    I just don't want me talking how I normally talk when with friends get me the ban hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    That’s exactly what you meant. You’re implying that you may accidentally type out the word out. I don’t think you should worry about this behaviour in-game...
    You're not understanding. When I'm with friends I only talk like this, and yes when speaking I type out the word because it's harder not to when I'm in a comfortable situation with friends.

I never said it was hard to speak formally. I can obviously speak formally when I need too. This entire thread is about me speaking a certain way when I'm with friends, not to mods or other random people.

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    lol you are the literal embodiment of anime
    Oh, I know

Exactly, but for me, I can adapt to situations quite nicely. When I'm needed to speak formally I can do it, but like I've said a bunch of times, with friends I won't force myself to speak formally to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post

I understand this Kyeosi, I would never speak to a random player or moderator with such language. If you ask Odric, whom I speak to on numerous occasions, I always talk to him with the utmost respect. All of this is centered around me speaking how I normally speak with my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by thepronub View Post
    Tbh this is exactly the same as if someone has other swear words in their usual vocabulary. It doesn't change the fact that Growtopia has a lot of children who play it and that these words influence them badly. It's why Growtopia has a language filter. I totally understand why you're uncomfortable, but the mods have a reason for what they do. I don't think that this stops people from behaving like themselves, it's just toning down on the profanity in order to reduce the impact it has on the children.
    I wouldn't call the "n-word" a swear word. Of course, the word has a deeper meaning to other people, but to me, it's just a word. A lot of my irl friends, who aren't black, say it and I don't pay any mind to it because I know they aren't using it to belittle me. I know kids play this game, but the friends I normally speak around are in the age ranges of 15-22, which I think is an acceptable age and isn't too wary. I don't want a mod to not do their job, I just don't want to be muted or banned for speaking in a way I'm most known too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharox View Post
    I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask people to self regulate their speech when it comes to a job. Whether the reason is valid or not you're going to have to sacrifice some personal ambitions if you want to serve something important, like being a game guardian.
    I know what you mean Sharox. Professionalism is a huge part when taking a job. Many have to adapt to a new environment and be in situations they aren't familiar with. My question of this is, with me talking how I normally talk affect whether I can become a Game Guardian or not, and if I do become a Game Guardian, when I'm with friends in a private world, will I have to always speak professionally? I don't mind if taking on the job of Game Guardian requires me to always speak with a professional manner even if I'm with friends. I'm just curious that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
    You just wrote a pretty non ghetto style thread. ( Basically meaning you just did what you said you couldn't do )
    It's all about professionalism. As I said, I was raised in both an unstable and stable environment so I can adapt to situations that calls for me to speak in a "non-ghetto style".

- - - Updated - - -

Many things make up a person's personality but if someone's personality is really bad enough to get himself/herself banned, then the person might want to reconsider how they act.
    This is also true, but my personality isn't bad.
    GrowID - Anime
    LEVEL - 95
    Main World - KURO
    Trusted Middleman in 'BUYUSERNAME'
    -----------------------------------------------
    Goals
    • Level 125 - 95/125
    • 200 Diamond Locks - 400+/200 [Completed]
    • Legendary Item - 0/1

Let’s all go play EVE Online Since I might be done with GT, this new “child friendly” approach is only hurting the current community, most of the people I see playing this game are 12-19 Years old, at least the people I speak to. The people who either don’t understand me due to their young age are far and few between, I would try to appeal to the current player base 12-19+ these people are more likely to have money to spend right?
    CHEAP STUFF IN LOPYSHOP

ART CONTEST 1DL Prize!

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ed-Art-Contest)

Lesser Wizard

I have a solution for you , when u are chatting with your friends u must speak non-english language, so the mods can't banned you. I always see many ppl SB war with their own language (not English ofc) and mods never ban them.

#peace4life