Thread: My first interview

Default My first interview

Wassup forumers, I'm here to share a little but of a lot of my personal life. So recently (the past month) I've applied to about 8 jobs, 1 declined,1 read my application, and the other 4 haven't gotten back to me. However one HAS gotten back to me, and wants an interview (available Tuesday-Sunday 1200-1800). This would be my first ever interview and most people that I know that work there are not good people, so I have Faith I will get it and it'll be my first job. I just need to not screw up during the interview, any advice or tips? I'm going to go in my regular shoes, dark jeans, hopefully a nice sweater, a shower 1 hour before, some cologne, with 10 hours of sleep. Should I be doing more or am I over thinking it by a lot?

Oh, I'm planning on doing it this Satuday. A few days to panic/prepare.������

Edit: I got hired!! YAY
    Last edited by Zynek3; 09-01-2019 at 03:37 AM.
    Give a man a wl, and he will learn to rely on you.
    Teach a man to make wls and you'll set him up for success.
    IGN:Tellicant Main:U9

So we tradin souls or wut?Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 148
Size:  4.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Axzyte View Post
    Hi I'm Axzyte
    GrowID: Alixity

Goals:
    Get WOTD
    Get Focused Eyes
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=400842&dateline=15630  10791Thanks for this!

Keep Calm and answer questions good and yeah
    IGN: YoMattty
    Discord: Matty#3632
    Currently Working on GrowMarket
    My Community Server: https://discord.gg/6ZbrUvs

3C. Calm cool and collected.
    Hello

Default Dragon Speaking...

Do not wait for more questionaire. Once if it will ask your personality, you should've to elaborate further information, and about your experience what's actually company need.

Eh, what position you applying for?

Bluragon's can go anywhere, if i will on there, don't get surprised.

Also a great thing to say is
    Company’s Name “has great training” etc.
    That’s what I’ve said at my interview and also told the interviewer what I like to do and what I do in my free time.

Also when they ask when you can start say “I can start right away!”

Quote Originally Posted by Zynek3 View Post
    Wassup forumers, I'm here to share a little but of a lot of my personal life. So recently (the past month) I've applied to about 8 jobs, 1 declined,1 read my application, and the other 4 haven't gotten back to me. However one HAS gotten back to me, and wants an interview (available Tuesday-Sunday 1200-1800). This would be my first ever interview and most people that I know that work there are not good people, so I have Faith I will get it and it'll be my first job. I just need to not screw up during the interview, any advice or tips? I'm going to go in my regular shoes, dark jeans, hopefully a nice sweater, a shower 1 hour before, some cologne, with 10 hours of sleep. Should I be doing more or am I over thinking it by a lot?

Tips and tricks...

I watched a film where the girl killed the boss cause she want money

So yeah...

1)Kill your boss with kindness
    2)Always steal money
    3)If you're treated badly...Remember their rivals make the Company fall apart
    4)Join "The Syndicate" but firstly a test crazy? TOTALLY CRAZY!!

-SyndicateName:  images.jpeg
Views: 120
Size:  9.7 KB

- - - Updated - - -

I'm taking your job seriously no fooling now...You need a good rest of 10 hours,A nice breakfast to make you active,decent clothes,a shower 30 mins before you go...Some good hairstyle,And most important Try to stay cool as possible,Keep a smile cause it makes you a gentleman,Thats what I can say about now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axzyte View Post
    Hi I'm Axzyte
    GrowID: Alixity

Goals:
    Get WOTD
    Get Focused Eyes
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=400842&dateline=15630  10791Thanks for this!

If your boss doesn't pay you much, then fire him *uh I mean just quit and apply another good job.
    WOTD: 1 (in BESTBEACHINGT)
    VOTW: still hoping to win (:

Meet me in the game: RedyMeosjin

I have 15 subscribers. Subscribe
    RedyMeosjin

Quote Originally Posted by Zynek3 View Post

I strongly recommend you check some videos on YouTube. There are plenty of important tips for job interviews that you can find on there! They'll even show you different types of body language. Though this heavily depends on how formal the interview is, so you may want to find something specific to what you're going for! You may want to find something specific for your country, as different countries have different ways of holding interviews.
    Canadian Community Manager

I like anime, board games, video games, and food! (and just about everything else that's fun, competitive, and inspiring)

Link to my official IG

Don't panic for no reason. I am sure if you were a boss, you would rather hire a person who exhibits confidence, rather than someone who is clearly nervous.
    Hello. My in-game name is Kartosh.

Instagram: @Kartosh_GT
    Discord: Kartosh#5167

You don't need cologne and a suit to work at McDonald's, you should wear your staff T-shirt and cap.
    Don't wear a suit unless it's a formal job. (Wearing a suit to a McDonald's interview is a bit over)
    Prepare a few questions that are usually asked in an interview
    Slow down while talking
    To thine own self be true,
    and it must follow,
    as the night the day,
    thou canst not then be false to any man.

I have read through Ubisoft's ToS and EULA, feel free to ask any questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Electrolava9 View Post
    Do not wait for more questionaire. Once if it will ask your personality, you should've to elaborate further information, and about your experience what's actually company need.

Eh, what position you applying for?
    I don't really know about the position and what I can contribute, I'm pretty much ready for whatever kind of questions they throw and be as honest as possible. I also don't know what position I'm applying for so this might end up as a mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post
    I strongly recommend you check some videos on YouTube. There are plenty of important tips for job interviews that you can find on there! They'll even show you different types of body language. Though this heavily depends on how formal the interview is, so you may want to find something specific to what you're going for! You may want to find something specific for your country, as different countries have different ways of holding interviews.
    One of my classes had an in class interview where they would be interviewed in front of everybody, I did reasonable, and that I should prove on my posture, tone of voice, and not saying too much. A lot of my immature friends got hired there. It's not really a "formal" interview.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kartosh View Post
    Don't panic for no reason. I am sure if you were a boss, you would rather hire a person who exhibits confidence, rather than someone who is clearly nervous.
    That's true, I've been trying to focus on being collected before I say anything and avoid saying um or oh when presenting myself to a group of people. It's really hard, but practice makes near perfect :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedyMeosjin View Post
    If your boss doesn't pay you much, then fire him *uh I mean just quit and apply another good job.
    This is the first place that acting wanted an interview out of 8 other places I had applied to. If I wanted to quit (which I would hope be not later than 3-6 months to avoid my resume looking bad) I'd want to get another job before doing so.

I wish you good luck man!

A neat trick I learned online is to just call a company and ask them to confirm your interview time even if you haven’t called them before. They’ll usuallly assume it’s a mistake on their part
    Discord: Saltimas#8154

This is a very nice signature.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySpud View Post
    A neat trick I learned online is to just call a company and ask them to confirm your interview time even if you haven’t called them before. They’ll usuallly assume it’s a mistake on their part
    Ironic because I had one scheduled!!🤓

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YoMattyGT View Post
    I wish you good luck man!
    Thanks! I ended up getting the job

Congrats on getting your first job! The real challenge begins now that you have one. Hopefully you still maintain a good work-life balance. God bless you my friend

Lesser Wizard

First and foremost, BE PUNCTUAL.

Arrive at the office 5-15 minutes well brfore your appointed time.

Prepare some questions to ask about the company and the work. Good questions tell a lot about the candidates, more so than the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxillion View Post
    Congrats on getting your first job! The real challenge begins now that you have one. Hopefully you still maintain a good work-life balance. God bless you my friend
    I am very excited!! I'd hope so, but it's a mostly weekend job, so it wouldn't cut into my school days or time for homework/naps etc. Thank you🤓

Dont worry to much about it, just be yourself. Best of luck with your future job!.
    IGN - MineDeath
    As long as there's those who remember what was, there will be those who deny what can be.
    Instagram:
    Tap me!