Thread: Iotm gambling actually still exists.

Default Iotm gambling actually still exists.

Even as the "rarest" variation of one of the 4 colours are gone (at least for this one), the possibilities of the amount of each colour bought with a ratio of 1:1:1:1 is impossible.
    And because of that, one of the four variations will still be the 'rarest' and the price will increase.
    You may say:"at least it won't be as expensive as back when there was a 'rare variation',"
    And you're right, it won't be, but people will still buy the iotm hoping it would be the colour that is even a little more expensive than the others to maximize their profit and gain. Sound familiar? Giving 200k gems to hope to get the most expensive variation. Yep, it's still gambling.
    Here's an example. Look at hellfire horns. Let's say we take hellfire horns - Ruby out of the picture. We'd be left with orange, black and blue. Supposedly they should be about the same price as all 3 of them do not have an advantage upon each other as in which one is rarer among the 3. However orange, black and blue differ in price and their price ascends accordingly to the order orange, black then blue with the price of orange as low as 60 and blue as high as 120.

Is the iotm gambling gone? No.
    Is the change taking effect? Yes, in a small scale.
    Is the problem solved though? Nope.

Simple solution we've been throwing since January: remove the 4 colour iotm system!

Literally items like shadow spirit of the underworld and zephyr helm are so useful and their price aren't out of hand. It's not the old iotms' system's fault, it's the community that decides the prices of items.

Petition to remove 4 colours iotm
    I despise hyprocrites

IGN: Killer8dk
    Main world: Killer8dk

My dream items

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Tell him, "Oink!" for me.
    CUTEEE

+1
    For this month’s IOTM, why do we need the “colours” variation again? To be honest, no one cares about it...
    IGN [MOBILE/PC] Pokekid123

Insta account: @pokekidgt

I don’t farm. Just chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    +1
    For this month’s IOTM, why do we need the “colours” variation again? To be honest, no one cares about it...
    Would be actually BEST IOTM if there were more versions of it.. Diamond Lock, Blue Gem Lock, Emerald Lock, Ruby Lock and possibly many others..
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that died 21-23.8.2019, she went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never ever forget you

Quote Originally Posted by CzeGamer View Post
    Would be actually BEST IOTM if there were more versions of it.. Diamond Lock, Blue Gem Lock, Emerald Lock, Ruby Lock and possibly many others..
    Would be cool if Ubisoft implements other methods/ways to earn those...

Plus One
    Lovely suggestion

Nice suggestion
    On this day, Justice didn't come for you. I did!
    All of you, and only one of me.
    Still,I'm not getting paid enough for this.

Well,as much as I'd like to go along, it does give another problem though.

If we were to implement it, the masses are going to complain that the IOTMs are not worth it anymore and such, and also since there's only one variation, wouldn't that be a double-sided blade? I mean, it may be good if the IOTM itself is good in terms of utility and appearance and bad too, if said IOTM is deemed useless or sub par compared to other items and are "unattractive".

An example of such an occurrence is when the Golden Razor Wings became an IOTM, at first it was nice and all, then it quickly dropped due to it being frequently bought and being it no more than just a wing, as compared to other IOTMs such as the Cloak of Falling Waters, Speed Medallion,etc.

From the trend of the IOTMs, it seems that Ubi is trying to avoid making any overpowered IOTMs and keeping it lowkey, and as to compensate for that, they probably decided to make variations of the IOTM, and let players choose what they deem attractive and good-looking in their eyes and the ones that aren't.

TL:DR, might be disastrous and helpful at the same time, depending on the usefulness or appeal of the IOTM to the Growtopians. From the past few months, Ubi hasn't really done anything flashy with those IOTMs. If this were to be implemented, they would have to up their game soz.

+0.5??

A NEET but has a stable job at a cafe

Would try to help whenever possible,except for trying to be social,of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroczy View Post
    An example of such an occurrence is when the Golden Razor Wings became an IOTM, at first it was nice and all, then it quickly dropped due to it being frequently bought and being it no more than just a wing, as compared to other IOTMs such as the Cloak of Falling Waters, Speed Medallion,etc.
    The Razor wings costs 100,000. Moreover, it was the first IOTM. There will obviously be deflation of price on that item.

Cursed

riding world locks are now the superior currency, world locks are useless now.

Quote Originally Posted by Devours View Post
    riding world locks are now the superior currency, world locks are useless now.
    Buy riding diamond lock for 100 riding world locks
    Current Status
    - Single parent of two
    - Dating
    - 67 years old
    - Professional Growtopia E-Sports player

Quote Originally Posted by CzeGamer View Post
    Please no. When i logged on the game after updating, i saw a bc about the green wl iotm. I thought for sure that the iotm would have variants like emeralf lock. I was glad it didnt.

To op: imo the color trail shouldve been like royal lock's rainbow trail instead

I'm fooken 12 and hate life. Fook school
    Slowly building up a fake persona~
    Discord: scr0nchi#1435

Attachment 223346
    -tq rimouiii

Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3as

[

Quote Originally Posted by JamSandwich View Post
    We've made all drop chances equal for the four colour variations - this is most likely to remain for all upcoming IOTM.
    IOTM gambling no more.
    [CENTER]GrowCord - Discord Bot

The only growtopia discord bot that post growtopia news and more directly into your discord server.
    ==
    Discord: MrAugu#7917
    New Discord
    ==
    Full-stack developer.

Agree, but I actually want to select the color I want without the gambling. Or make it like diamond horn or will of the wild where we can change the look.

The variation of colors only adds to the iotm.
    Please don't go nitpicking, or else the devs won't take comments serious...

To me, I've seen all the item of the months' prices be roughly the same (± a few world locks). If someone were to buy the IOTM for 200,000 gems and got a yellow trailed one and they wanted a green one, they can always trade it for the other variant that they wanted since the prices will be similar (might they have to pay a few world locks extra or so).

The prices do rely on the community, and some people may prefer one colour variant over the other. It's down to preference. This equal chance thing makes it so all IOTMs will be roughly the same price and so you can trade one for the other. This also eliminates the desire to buy IOTMs for the desire to profit - I think IOTMs should stay as something you would want to actually wear or collect, not something to make money off of.

Yes, the population won't prefer the colours equally distributed, however, if they stick to primary colours, then their prices should be likely to stay in line with one another.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777