Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The fossil update ruined the massive token change update

Default The fossil update ruined the massive token change update

I honestly don't have a single clue why'd they implement fossils to the game, considering it literally brought back the scam game worlds, links, and more, resulting in the same mistake being repeated AGAIN years later (getting tokens by having people visit your worlds - now that's happening except with FOSSILS) Every single EVERY SINGLE damn world is full of links, and it's extremely annoying, the scam game worlds are being sbed daily once again, after many years. This basically ruined the giant decision made by the developers years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ego View Post
    I honestly don't have a single clue why'd they implement fossils to the game, considering it literally brought back the scam game worlds, links, and more, resulting in the same mistake being repeated AGAIN years later (getting tokens by having people visit your worlds - now that's happening except with FOSSILS) Every single EVERY SINGLE damn world is full of links, and it's extremely annoying, the scam game worlds are being sbed daily once again, after many years. This basically ruined the giant decision made by the developers years ago.
    fossils didnt bring back anything lmao. That crap was around before and after fossils were introduced. No same mistake. Everything you have said is a bunch of foolishness that has nothing to do with fossils.
    IGN: FOWL

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL View Post
    fossils didnt bring back anything lmao. That crap was around before and after fossils were introduced. No same mistake. Everything you have said is a bunch of foolishness that has nothing to do with fossils.
    People ARE doing it for the fossils. Have you even played recently? Sure, scam game worlds are there NOT only for the fossils, just to get world locks, but fossils STILL enforce them. Links for example, they're only for the fossils, and they're everywhere.

I like Fossil and Growassic Park update. Don't blame @Seth and @Hamumu because made this update. Just blame the scammer or profiter that abuse this update.

And... I think we can't do anything to solve this problem except maybe ubisoft make a rework for the way fossil can appear in our world
    Son Of A Cussing Cuss Word!

Lesser Knight

This is where you’re wrong. After the token change people no longer had a need for linked worlds that take forever to get through as they did not provide any benefit. With the introduction of fossils these are now used again. Same thing with scam worlds leading to more links that give you absolutely no prize.

Bro I haven’t seen one of those worlds since 2016 other than the ones that beg for /rate 5.99 and have vending machines to scam.

Fossils didn’t promote this, greed did lol
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle905 View Post
    Bro I haven’t seen one of those worlds since 2016 other than the ones that beg for /rate 5.99 and have vending machines to scam.

Yeah lol
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG

Of course greed did, but fossils provided their greed a vessel, and now use the fossils for their advantage.

Lesser Knight

Really? I see these all the time, along with false broadcasts that go to a world with an auto run world. Auto run worlds serve no purpose nowadays, other than getting fossils.

Quote Originally Posted by FogStar View Post
    Really? I see these all the time, along with false broadcasts that go to a world with an auto run world. Auto run worlds serve no purpose nowadays, other than getting fossils.
    I can agree with this. You see them more in BFGs. In fact... I saw a BFG with over 20 world links. Like..going from world to world. It was really annoying.

Also, I have a ides to prevent this(partly).
    Maybe if you made it that worlds you enter by portal or doors don't count to giving the worlds fossils(or if it seems to bad, only portals but not doors).
    To balance things out, though, worlds that ARE manually entered in have a slightly higher chance to give fossils overall.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Ok, first off, I don't think fossil spawning is wholly based on world population activity, since I have a world which only I visit, rarely, that has 2 fossils.
    Second, profiting from fossils aren't really efficient, since you need to get brushes regularly and dnas are really hard to get, and you need to put some rocks
    Can't find motivation to life. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monaca
    I'm done. Monaca out.
    Discord tag: Neisse#4039
    IGN: NoEmotion
    Yes, I'm mean sometimes. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by No Emotions View Post
    Ok, first off, I don't think fossil spawning is wholly based on world population activity, since I have a world which only I visit, rarely, that has 2 fossils.
    Second, profiting from fossils aren't really efficient, since you need to get brushes regularly and dnas are really hard to get, and you need to put some rocks
    I disagree with the second part because they are pretty efficient. I usually go to all my worlds once a month during carnival to find the fossils, and I can easily get upwards of 80 wls with brushes each time
    pfp drawn by memo4ever

IGN: rrix

[❌]Level: 64/125
    [❌]Dls: 40/100
    [❌]Gems: 712k/1m
    [✔️]Dirt: 1/1

I am the memelord

End goal: Try out every part of gt

Serf

If you go to BUYBFG , some people there say ' Omg free chand bfg in ...' and when u go there it is one of those minigame worlds for fossils

Fossils promoted it more prominently.

Every time I look for sellers of items in trade worlds such as BUYBAIT, I always get lead to an empty world with a portal linking to the world that actually sells the given items. Sometimes those include auto-runs (yes, 2019 auto-runs) and/or send you to multiple worlds to finally reach the place where you want to be.

Fossils gave players a profitable reason to get players sent to multiple worlds of theirs. Rating did add some scummy tactics to get newer players to rate their world (dimension blocks with items in, "/rate 5.99 for giveaway!", etc.), though this doesn't really benefit them all too greatly since hardly anyone uses /top to find worlds to visit (since they're all just BUY worlds...). Begging for rates hardly works and isn't that prevalent in newer worlds.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Lesser Wizard

Default I Agree

All the people saying they arent seeing it and they think fossils are good, have accounts created in 2018/2019, they werent around for the old token system (which i preferred bc i owned trade worlds lol), but yah i completely agree, I am seeing lots of linked worlds and minigame scams again and its because of the fossils, but there really is no fix to this, as we saw with the token system they just threw it away. so all we can do is sit back and let the scammers rack up fossils
    just trynna ball with ma bros

the update already came a long time ago lol

- - - Updated - - -

but meh i have to agree
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant

It's not a same mistake. It there before you were playing. But isn't you can report to the moderator/guardian who can at least do something about abusing players?
    Who I'm I?
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 47/125
    Goals: Technically for now get tons of pepper trees for harvestfest
    Description: I'm a mature person, I'm very playful and so childish sometimes but I don't go overboard..
    I

Even if fossils are removed events like NOTC will be flooded with minigame scams
    or summerfest (firework rockets)
    or easter (magic eggs)
    and alot more

Rather, I think fossils are a good compromise.

I hate links though, like with water and portals. They should tweak it and release an official statement saying that links like that do nothing. Maybe even start giving mini bans for links like that.
    New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

Old calculator thread:
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

Quote Originally Posted by ID: BEASTLY View Post
    Rather, I think fossils are a good compromise.

I hate links though, like with water and portals. They should tweak it and release an official statement saying that links like that do nothing. Maybe even start giving mini bans for links like that.
    I disagree I like being bounced around automatically and watching my character’s undeniable look of fear as he travels across lava and pinball bumpers.

Also, I don’t think that links should be banable, mainly because I use a link to describe rules for my bfg.
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG